Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abbas_Zaidi

Ahamdinejad couldnt or didnt kiss hands of Rahbar

Rate this topic

This is unfortunate but serves as a good example Jehaliya. The presenter is an Iranian political refugee in America, it's not uncommon they purposely and unknowingly believe everything Islamic means "Arab". These guys have great difficulty grasping the difference between Islam and Arab because they were the ruling elites in Iran during Shah era, oppressing the majority. During Shah era a lot of authors called anything Islamic Arab since there was an attempt to bring Iran under the thumb of a 'traditional authority', namely the admiration for pre-Islam since this was seen as no political threat to ruling elites and their bank accounts compared to the Islamic awakening (sahwa) that was motivating young Muslims to overthrow them, this was a politically motivated move back then of monarchists and clearly there are still some parrots around. They do not care even if they are wrong since their worship is a worship of the dollar and material wealth.

Edited by Rubaiyat

But brother, there was a marked difference no doubt like there was no cheek kissing as is usual in iranian and arab culture...and there was some hesitation before AN kissed RAhber's shoulder..i dont think that was deliberate though..

But brother, there was a marked difference no doubt like there was no cheek kissing as is usual in iranian and arab culture...and there was some hesitation before AN kissed RAhber's shoulder..i dont think that was deliberate though..

i agree. this time it was different.

Another desperate attempt by CNN..

Ok so who blocked whom ?

It seemed to me that it was ahmadinejad who made decision not to kiss hand, then said/explained something, and then kissed Ay. Khamenei's shoulder. In which case, the news about him having a cold makes sense.

I think much more could be infered if Ay. Khamenei prevented him, and the implications of that. but i dont think as much meanng can be drawn from ahmeadinejad not kissing his hand.

Brother Zaidi,

As you can see Rahbar grabs Ahmadinejad from the back of his head to push him towards kissing him on the cheeks,

Ahmadinejad then says something and goes on to kissing shoulder, as in our culture kissing of hands and shoulder of the Islamic scholar shows greater respect (he is not your pal or buddy). Since Rahbar usually pushes away kissing of hands he kisses the shoulder. This is also the method with other Shia communities, including Lebanon (assuming you are from there), where it is the standard to kiss Nasrallah and Fadlallah and the like on the shoulders. It is actually rare that an ordinary believer kisses islamic scholars on the cheek.

Edited by Rubaiyat

Another desperate attempt by CNN..

Ok so who blocked whom ?

:wacko: @ 0:25

"The supreme leader is like my son" :no: :o: :lol: :squeez: what a horrible reporting job.

Brother Zaidi,

As you can see Rahbar grabs Ahmadinejad from the back of his head to push him towards kissing him on the cheeks,

Ahmadinejad then says something and goes on to kissing shoulder, as in our culture kissing of hands and shoulder of the Islamic scholar shows greater respect (he is not your pal or buddy). Since Rahbar usually pushes away kissing of hands he kisses the shoulder. This is also the method with other Shia communities, including Lebanon (assuming you are from there), where it is the standard to kiss Nasrallah and Fadlallah and the like on the shoulders. It is actually rare that an ordinary believer kisses islamic scholars on the cheek.

I am from India, so not much kissing here only hand shaking...so i dont know much about kissing shoulder or cheek..thanks for the info..

actually i was comparing with the 2004 video where Rahbar did kiss AN on cheeks so thats why i was wondering..

:wacko: @ 0:25

"The supreme leader is like my son" :no: :o: :lol: :squeez: what a horrible reporting job.

LOL thanks for pointing out...

Such 'in depth' analysis!

But American media is nothing compared to European media:

der-spiegel-cover.jpg

Bin Laden paired with Seyyed Hassan Nasrollah... i don't know whether to laugh or to cry!

What idiocy from these zionist retards! "Der Spiegel" is particularly dumb and they have confirmed links with "Israeli" intelligence officials and the Mossad: "Der Spiegel" was the same imperialist propaganda rag that was making false accusations (with no proof) that Hezbollah was somehow allegedly under investigation for the death of Rafik Hariri: something which all Lebanese factions and even the UN team investigating Hariri's death completely denied!

As for bin Laden these Zionist and American imperialist agents created him when they funded him to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 1980s and know they use this boogey man to attempt to embarass Muslims from resisting zio/american imperialism and neo-colonialism. Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah (ha) is a true Mujahid that fights for justice against the evil zionist terrorists and imperialists.

Edited by Abdul-Rahman Brent

(salam)

"Kissing the shoulder is a sign of loyalty in Arab culture"

What?

Firstly Iranians aren't Arabs. Secondly, the whole "kissing of shoulders" thing was started by Saddam Hussein. As many of us know, he was a germaphobe, and preferred it that when his lackeys would meet him in person, instead of kissing his cheek (which is an Arabic tradition), he would prefer they would kiss his shoulder.

(salam)

People are just making this into a bigger issue than it really is.

I know it seems there was a moment of awkwardness ..but hey...it happens. Remember how Obama fumbled in his swearing in ceremony?? :squeez:

Edited by Zareen

(salam)

People are just making this into a bigger issue than it really is.

Exactly...especially Western media

Whether he was stopped or didnt kiss intentionally is not a big issue... The thing that has to be seen is his performance and a President should be jdged according to his performance... i just wish that people wont place hurdles in his service

Edited by Fida wal muqawamah

i watched the video a few times very very closely... if you do, you see Imam Khamenei was just putting his hand around Ahmadinejads back, as if he was expecting to hug him tightly :D but Ahmadinejad instead stopped and said something, than kissed his cloak...

"blocking him"? absolutely pathetic!

Imam Khamenei also gives a little smile after the incident!

Well it is CNN, which is famous for blowing everything out of proportions.

(salam)

There are very few journalists on CNN. :angel:

You only see pretty faces with stupid stories like this. Probably this was the only attention grabbing story they could cook up. :squeez: