Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tolerance

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

(salam)

I feel that taqiyya, which many Sunni Muslims misunderstand and dislike very much, is an Imamic quality of great tolerance and unity within Islam - it is a shield against fitnah between the common Muslims. Sheikh Saduq narrates from Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq (as) in Kitab al-Hidaya:

He (as) said, “Visit their sick, attend their funerals, and pray in their masaajid.”

He (as) said, “One who prays in the first row with them is as though he had prayed in the first row with the Messenger of Allah (pbuh).”

http://www.*******.org/hidaya/taqiyya

• Advanced Member

Tolerance in sense of accepting difference of opinion and allowing people to practice their religion without being persecuted and discriminated against. While shias themselves were persecuted in many areas, they behaved the same towards Babis and Bahais. Shows that religious zeolats are intolerant in general regardless of faith.

• Advanced Member
Tolerance in sense of accepting difference of opinion and allowing people to practice their religion without being persecuted and discriminated against. While shias themselves were persecuted in many areas, they behaved the same towards Babis and Bahais. Shows that religious zeolats are intolerant in general regardless of faith.

Regarding Bahais you get in a very tricky area. They are not technically Ahl al-Kitab and thus cannot live in an Islamic state, this is Islamic law. Also Bahais are very shady and treated with much suspicion (mostly correctly) in the Islamic Republic of Iran because Bahais have religious shrines of their heretic "leaders" in what is today the Zionist "state of Israel". Many Bahais are known to be filthy liberals and possibly secret allies and helpers of the Zionists and imperialistic Western governments.

Edited by Abdul-Rahman Brent

It is easy to talk lot of [Edited Out] than to provide some proof about Shias persecuting others.

Thank God you at least admit that Shias have been persecuted right from the death of Prophet (pbuh) to date, but the question is who is persecuting Shias and others in the world by calling them infidels?.

Do not be ashamed of naming that group.

• Advanced Member
Regarding Bahais you get in a very tricky area. They are not technically Ahl al-Kitab and thus cannot live in an Islamic state, this is Islamic law. Also Bahais are very shady and treated with much suspicion (mostly correctly) in the Islamic Republic of Iran because Bahais have religious shrines of their heretic "leaders" in what is today the Zionist "state of Israel". Many Bahais are known to be filthy liberals and possibly secret allies and helpers of the Zionists and imperialistic Western governments.

Leader of Bahais has shrine in Israel because at the time of his death that area was in Ottoman Palestine and was later occupied by Israel. By the way, the same accusation is made in muslim countries about almost any minority religious group that they are secret allies of zionists and imperialist westen gov such as qadyanis.

It is easy to talk lot of [Edited Out] than to provide some proof about Shias persecuting others.

Thank God you at least admit that Shias have been persecuted right from the death of Prophet (pbuh) to date, but the question is who is persecuting Shias and others in the world by calling them infidels?.

Do not be ashamed of naming that group.

Dude read a bit about Babis and Bahais, for start, you can search on google and wikipedia.

• Advanced Member
Leader of Bahais has shrine in Israel because at the time of his death that area was in Ottoman Palestine and was later occupied by Israel. By the way, the same accusation is made in muslim countries about almost any minority religious group that they are secret allies of zionists and imperialist westen gov such as qadyanis.

Yes the Bahai or Babi heretic leader was buried in Palestine during Ottoman rule, and it is only today been occupied by Zionist "Israel". But that doesn't change the fact that many Bahais have been shown to be in cahoots with the enemies of the Muslims and the brave Iranian Islamic Republic.

As for the Qadiani (aka "Ahmadi") heretics there leader and followers also were servants of foreign western colonialist masters. From: http://www.irshad.org/exposed/service.php

Quote- Mirza Ghulam Qadianis's Service to his True Masters

(In light of Qadiani own Writings)

Mirza Ghulam of Qadian made a number of outlandish claims: from being the Promised Mahdi and the Promised Messiah to a reincarnation of Hazrat Muhammad(SAW) and a prophet with new Sharia. In this article we will examine one of the possible motives for these claims.

A New Article of Faith is Born

Having been quickly raised to the status of a "scholar", Mirza Ghulam began fulfilling the promise he had made to his British supporters. It was time to deliver on his promise and make sure that Muslims would not try to repeat the uprising of the 1857. The first step was to make obedience to the anti-Islamic British government an article of faith. He declared:

"It has been proven from my continuous seventeen year long speeches that I am faithful and sincere to the English Empire from the core of my heart and soul. I am the son of a father who was also a friend to this Government. My faith is to obey this Government and love the people; These are the conditions set for my devotees and followers who take the oath of allegiance to me. I have stressed this clause under the fourth item of my pamphlet Shuroo-al-Baiat (oath of faith) which has been distributed among my devotees and followers."

(Kitab-ul-Barriah, Roohany Khazaen, Vol. 13, P. 10; Kitab-ul-Barriha, P. 9, Supplement)

end quote.

• Advanced Member

^May be Mirza was indeed an agent of British or may be he was nto a an agent but just wanted to please the powerful british of his time, but thats besides the point, the point is no one shud be persecuted because oftheir beleif regardless of what it is.

And no one shud be persecuted for being "suspicious", even shias are accused of being allies of west, for their co-operation with USA and NATO in Afghanistan and Iraq.

• Advanced Member
If I can search through your provided tools, I can also show you that Umar was homo? Do you want me to trust it?

Dude their original guy, Bab was killed by Iranian governemnt for declaring himself Mahdi, and Baha was prisoned and exiled several times, there are numerous accounts of Bahai persecution by human rights groups in IRan, but, if you wish to live in lala land, its your choice, afterall, as i said, religious zeolats are generally bigoted.

• Advanced Member

Well Shias are intolerant of Bahais, and they have reasons to be. Bahais are a threat to the existence of Shias, and they try to help weaken the Shia faith in many ways.

When the Bab claimed he was the Mahdi, Sunni Arab nations most likely thought, that the Bahais were a Shia sect, and when they saw this, they probably tried to use this as propaganda to show look how weak Shia are, they keep diverging into many sects and bring about false interpretations of Islam, which is not true, because we don't see Bahais as being part of Islam.

They try to go to the religious heartlands of Shia Muslims in Iran, and try to bring their corrupt faith, to hurt our followers. You can find them in Ardabil, Mashad, and other religious heartlands of the Shia Iranians.

Also if these Bahais, claim to be a legitimate faith and that they succeeded Islam, why do they contradict Islam???? Why do they allow their followers to eat pork, to drink alcohol, to do a lot of sinful acts that are scorned by Islam. Haha I remember one Bahai fool, who said that hijab is for old times, Muslims are backwards, violent, and need to adapt to the new age. I replied religion is not for old or new times, religion is your belief, it is not a material object or a trend you carry with you, throw away, and get a new one afterward.

If Shias tolerate other groups, I respect that, but Bahais, are one group that deserve to be treated the way they are treated.

Edited by ShiaBen
Dude their original guy, Bab was killed by Iranian governemnt for declaring himself Mahdi, and Baha was prisoned and exiled several times, there are numerous accounts of Bahai persecution by human rights groups in IRan, but, if you wish to live in lala land, its your choice, afterall, as i said, religious zeolats are generally bigoted.

Before pointing one finger to others you should know that many are pointing towards you.

What about Qadianis of Pakistan being persecuted by Sunnis?

and you are still ashamed to name one group which, has been persecuting Shias and others and declares terrorism is Islam.

Grow up kid and stop acting like a saint.

If you really knew the history of the Bahai faith and the political and espionage actions of some of its adherents, then you would understand why the government would be a little concerned.

Any of them committing misdeeds should be dealt with as harshly as possible.

• Advanced Member

"And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our Allah and your Allah is One, and unto Him we surrender."

The Quran stresses kindness towards the people of the book, so obviously Muslims should show such kindness and respect towards other sects; perhaps even more so.

• Advanced Member
Well Shias are intolerant of Bahais, and they have reasons to be. Bahais are a threat to the existence of Shias, and they try to help weaken the Shia faith in many ways.

When the Bab claimed he was the Mahdi, Sunni Arab nations most likely thought, that the Bahais were a Shia sect, and when they saw this, they probably tried to use this as propaganda to show look how weak Shia are, they keep diverging into many sects and bring about false interpretations of Islam, which is not true, because we don't see Bahais as being part of Islam.

They try to go to the religious heartlands of Shia Muslims in Iran, and try to bring their corrupt faith, to hurt our followers. You can find them in Ardabil, Mashad, and other religious heartlands of the Shia Iranians.

Also if these Bahais, claim to be a legitimate faith and that they succeeded Islam, why do they contradict Islam???? Why do they allow their followers to eat pork, to drink alcohol, to do a lot of sinful acts that are scorned by Islam. Haha I remember one Bahai fool, who said that hijab is for old times, Muslims are backwards, violent, and need to adapt to the new age. I replied religion is not for old or new times, religion is your belief, it is not a material object or a trend you carry with you, throw away, and get a new one afterward.

If Shias tolerate other groups, I respect that, but Bahais, are one group that deserve to be treated the way they are treated.

So any group perceived of being a threat to shia existence shud be exterminated. Good.

Before pointing one finger to others you should know that many are pointing towards you.

What about Qadianis of Pakistan being persecuted by Sunnis?

and you are still ashamed to name one group which, has been persecuting Shias and others and declares terrorism is Islam.

Grow up kid and stop acting like a saint.

Dude, yes, Qadianis were persecuted by sunnis and what i am saying is all religious bigots like you and your ayatollahs and Mullahs elsewhere like in Pakistan are same. Intolerant religious hypocrites who want religious fervour in their own community to feed them but find refuge in secularists of the other sects.

• Advanced Member
WOW ALL THESE HADITHS ARE SUNNI HADITHS BUT SHIA STEAL THEM TO MANIPULATE, EIDT AND MODIFY. CAN'T YOU GET YOUR OWN AUTHENTIC HADITHS INSTEAD OF STEALING OURS?

What are you talking about? We have our own hadith books, I recommend you read them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Four_Books

The books are:

Name Collector Size

Kitab al-Kafi (divided into Usul al-Kafi, Furu al-Kafi and Rawdat al-Kafi) Muhammad ibn Ya'qub al-Kulayni al-Razi (ra) (329 AH) 15,176 hadith

Man la yahduruhu al-Faqih Muhammad ibn Babuya aka Shaykh al-Saduq (ra) 9,044

Tahdhib al-Ahkam Shaykh Muhammad Tusi (ra) 13,590

Al-Istibsar Shaykh Muhammad Tusi (ra) 5,511

In dialogues and discussions we often quote from Sunni hadith sources, proving our point about the superiority of the Ahl al-Bayt (as) and the crimes and wrongdoings of certain alleged "Sahaba", because these facts haven't even been erased and are still visible in your whitewashed mostly Umayyad propaganda books like Sahih al-Bukhari, etc.

Edited by Abdul-Rahman Brent