Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Noah-

Guards To Support Islam Against Any Internal Enemy

Rate this topic

Revolutionary Guard Leading Iran?

Iran's elite military force, the Revolutionary Guard, has become the spine of a "military security government with a facade of a Shiite clerical system," according to an expert interviewed by The New York Times.

Rasool Nafisi, an Iran expert who recently co-authored a study on the Guard for the RAND Corporation, argues that the military wing has greatly extended its power in Iranian politics and society amid the chaos following the contested June 12 presidential elections.

The Times article says the Guard is much more than a division of Iran's military — it has control over the country's missiles and at least some control over the nuclear program, but it also generates huge wealth through business enterprises ranging from laser-eye surgery to black market trading.

CBS-NEWS

061509.jpg

Iran's elite military force, the Revolutionary Guard, has become the spine of a "military security government with a facade of a Shiite clerical system," according to an expert interviewed by The New York Times.

These news outlets are so STUPID. The Revolutionary Guards are not an 'elite' force. There is a force within the Revolutionary Guard (called the Qods Force) who are elite. But the force as a whole consists mostly of regular troops.

Oh well... I should be happy they didn't say "Iran's elite Republican Guards" like BBC does every time Iran holds war games.

please expand on the bolded part if you could.

Well in a government, there are various branches. When the men with arms get too powerful and independent, there is always the chance that they will someday take power for themselves. I hope that is not the case here.

I hope it's not Firooz Abadi laugh.gif

Nope. But the Sepah has a lot dervish and Ahle Haqq members which is a good thing. Shows that Imam Khomeini's love for real Shi'a is still respected by those loyal to his ideals :)

Edited by Bahadur Ali

Nope. But the Sepah has a lot dervish and Ahle Haqq members which is a good thing. Shows that Imam Khomeini's love for real Shi'a is still respected by those loyal to his ideals :)

I find it interesting that Gen. Yahya Rahim-Safavi's brother is Seyed Ghahreman Safavi, the leader of the Safaviyya Sufi Order. Is this order common amongst top brass? Is this the true order of Shah Ishmail?

I find it interesting that Gen. Yahya Rahim-Safavi's brother is Seyed Ghahreman Safavi, the leader of the Safaviyya Sufi Order. Is this order common amongst top brass? Is this the true order of Shah Ishmail?

Yes it's the Ardebili Safavi order. I have met a Sepah veteran in Qom 2 years ago who was part of it.He was himself a descendant of Shah Ismail. But it seems other orders are more present number wise.

Yes it's the Ardebili Safavi order. I have met a Sepah veteran in Qom 2 years ago who was part of it.He was himself a descendant of Shah Ismail. But it seems other orders are more present number wise.

I would guess that it is the Nematollahi Gonabadis and Ahle Haqq that are most numerous then?

I hope it's not Firooz Abadi :lol:

I don't mean to be rude, but... Firoozabadi is quite... fat.. for a military general lol.

I would guess that it is the Nematollahi Gonabadis and Ahle Haqq that are most numerous then?

Yes the Ahle Haqq are growing in numbers even among non Kurds. Imam Khomeini (ra) asked that they should not be asked to shave their moustaches when doing military service or public service.

When you say Ahle Haqq, you mean the Yarsan? Are they considered Muslims in Iran?

Yes the Yarsan.They are indeed considered Muslims.They always ask the 12er clergy to celebrate their marriages and funerals. They're not against prayer, let's just say that wajib namaz being part of the world of shariat it's up to the individual member to fulfill it ot not.I do know Yarsan who do namaz.

I don't mean to be rude, but... Firoozabadi is quite... fat.. for a military general lol.

From what i have seen, most military generals are a little fat. Patton was fat. Zhukov was fat.

But Firooz abadi is ridiculously fat. I once saw a picture of him eating a pastry very romanticly (with his eyes closed and his head leaning to the side) and someone on the internet made a heart shape around the picture. :lol: