Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Wize Muzlim

2010 Fifa World Cup

World Cup Groups

Group A - South Africa/Mexico/Uruguay/France

Group B - Argentina/Nigeria/South Korea/Greece

Group C - England/USA/Algeria/Slovenia

Group D - Germany/Australia/Serbia/Ghana

Group E - Holland (Netherlands)/Denmark/Japan/Cameroon

Group F - Italy/Paraguay/New Zealand/Slovakia

Group G - Brazil/North Korea/Ivory Coast/Portugal

Group H - Spain/Switzerland/Honduras/Chile

Whats your views about this draw

What is your views on the group of death? thats group G

And finally who do you think will be the winners, I know its early to say but make predictions now

For the second rounds - Group A and Group B

Group C and Group D

Group E and Group F

Group G and Group H

Good matchups. However, I don't like how USA and Italy are always placed in the easier groups. It almost seems rigged. And lets be honest, New Zealand does not deserve to be in the world cup. But I', still excited to see Argentina (Messi baby!), Algeria (glad they took care of those Egyptian [Edited Out]s), Spain and Brazil of course.

Germany will win the world cup though..

i am big soccer fan myself i cant wait for the world cup to come i thonk either brazil or some of the european teams will win because they have the best players

Idk id probably root for Portugal and SPain.

Spain cuz of Iniesta

Portugal cuz of C. ronoldo

World Cup Groups

Group A - South Africa/Mexico/Uruguay/France

Group B - Argentina/Nigeria/South Korea/Greece

Group C - England/USA/Algeria/Slovenia

Group D - Germany/Australia/Serbia/Ghana

Group E - Holland (Netherlands)/Denmark/Japan/Cameroon

Group F - Italy/Paraguay/New Zealand/Slovakia

Group G - Brazil/North Korea/Ivory Coast/Portugal

Group H - Spain/Switzerland/Honduras/Chile

Whats your views about this draw

What is your views on the group of death? thats group G

And finally who do you think will be the winners, I know its early to say but make predictions now

For the second rounds - Group A and Group B

Group C and Group D

Group E and Group F

Group G and Group H

two go up right? or one?

who i think will go up....

Group A : Mexico and France up

Group B :Argentina (100%) South Korea/Nigeria(50/50)

Group C : USA and England (easy)

Group D : Germany Ghana

Group E: Neth. and Japan

Group F : Italy and IDK

Group G : Brazil and Portugal(75%)/North Korea(25%)

Group H : Spain and Switz.

Edited by Turbat al Karbala

i am big soccer fan myself i cant wait for the world cup to come i thonk either brazil or some of the european teams will win because they have the best players

OMG NO WAY! ^BAAAAAANDWAGON obviously one of them r gonna win, i wouldnt be rooting for Brazil they getting worse every year...

Spain will win hands down. They have a God squad. They are unbeatable, only thing that can stop them are unlucky injuries :D

Most people will vote for England to be their challengers in the final, for a blood match, despite Spain outplaying them in the past.

But I feel regardless, England, Brazil, or Germany, I feel Spain will take it.

I want England to be their rivals.

So IMO, Spain vs England Final (Inshallah), with Spain emerging triumphant, because I love Spain, and they have never won one, so I hope they can make it 1 Euro and 1 WC, after that Euro, like a consecutive event win :D :D

My picks:

Group A: Mexico and Uruguay (France has a God squad, but a terrible coach, and they play [Edited Out] together, after Zidane left, they lost all hope or discipline)

Group B: Argentina and Greece (I hate this team badly, they committed a football genocide by winning 2004, because every team played like [Edited Out])

Group C: England and U.S. (I like Slovenia better than U.S. for a small nation they play classic Yugoslav football, they are an avg team but win through set pieces and smart play)

Group D: Germany and Serbia (This is a tricky group, I respect Ghana but, I feel Serbia won't let it slip that easily, they have a pretty strong squad and have played well thus far)

Group E: Netherlands and Denmark (Cameroon has potential, but I think Denmark will win matches with tight control on defense, and live off set pieces for a clean easy basic win)

Group F: Italy and Paraguay (Slovakia does have a chance to upset either team though)

Group G: Brazil and Portugal (I like Ivory Coast, but they have bad defense)

Group H: Spain and Chile (Most will say Switzerland, but Switzerland utterly disgusts me, if they do manage to win I'm sure, Derdiyok will be the crucial aspect)

I cant see Brazil going far...they'll get to the next round but wont get to the final. Reason I think because they rely too much on Kaka, relying on just one man is no good at all. They also have a good defense, but it is ''crackable''. Forget about Brazil.

ShiaBen I agree with you about Spain..there team is good, but England with Capello as coach can def beat them.

My picks:

Group A: Mexico and Uruguay (France has a God squad, but a terrible coach, and they play [Edited Out] together, after Zidane left, they lost all hope or discipline)

I think France will qualify from this group, yeah, a bad coach, but enough quality players to get them through. As for losing discipline after Zidane, was he not the one who get sent off headbutting a player in the final, which they then lost. He should of waited till the match was over before headbutting the guy.

Group B: Argentina and Greece (I hate this team badly, they committed a football genocide by winning 2004, because every team played like [Edited Out])

Group C: England and U.S. (I like Slovenia better than U.S. for a small nation they play classic Yugoslav football, they are an avg team but win through set pieces and smart play)

Group D: Germany and Serbia (This is a tricky group, I respect Ghana but, I feel Serbia won't let it slip that easily, they have a pretty strong squad and have played well thus far)

Group E: Netherlands and Denmark (Cameroon has potential, but I think Denmark will win matches with tight control on defense, and live off set pieces for a clean easy basic win)

Group F: Italy and Paraguay (Slovakia does have a chance to upset either team though)

Group G: Brazil and Portugal (I like Ivory Coast, but they have bad defense)

Group H: Spain and Chile (Most will say Switzerland, but Switzerland utterly disgusts me, if they do manage to win I'm sure, Derdiyok will be the crucial aspect)

Not sure Portugal will make it through, a bad coach also, and pretty much a one man team, if Ronaldo has a few bad days, goodbye Portugal. Ivory Coast has a bad African Nations, but with Drobga in their team, anything can happen.

Dont think Brazil can win it. My money will be on either Spain or England ( unless Rooney gets injured in the meantime ). Germany always play above expectations, and will cause a few upsets as usual. I dont rate Italy this time.

Italy, in this form?? LOL..... They will be lucky to get passed the group stage.. Italy is awful..

Iraqlives1, you are 100% right about Kaka. The problem with the new Brazilian NT is that it doesn't have many veterans (play making ones at least). Ronaldinho has been lazy, and his game is on and off, he's also sucks at penalties, which is pretty bad for a former world class player. He might not get called up, and in recent times they haven't been liking him, but it could change if he's back in shape, since he's had a few good club games in the last month.

Kaka is the only veteran that has been consistent throughout, and he's not enough to carry them through each game. They need more midfielders like him.

Fabiano and Robinho are ok, but they are not deadly play makers, they are just strikers, not like deadly strikers, just good ones.

Iran have 96% chances to win the football event.

This is my expectation from Iran.

John, Iran did not make it this time around. :(

The 64-match international soccer competition begins in South Africa on June 11, 2010.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/

Wow. This webpage has the countdown clock at the top. As I write this, there are 78 days, 15 hours, 08 minutes and 30 seconds until World Cup. :!!!:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

england i reckon will win it, with the strike force of wayne rooney, and some of the greatest if not the greatest midfielders and defenders, lets just hope rooney will be on his game, then for sure they will win it, but what can you say football is football,you neva know what can happen in those 90 minutes

england certainly is a fav.. with likes of rooney, terry, and lampard. however my picks would be argentina, spain, england, or 'maybe' portugal. If i would, i'd put my money on spain.

p.s. italy has no chance

Yep That was priceless. As much as i hate barcelona, i admit i would have paid to see messi's hatrick. great player in the most hated team, against a player i really dislike in my own team (ronaldo). I don't know where to go anymore.

I hate barca because it is over-rated. 60% of the barca fans u meet today jumped on their bandwagon after last year's win. This ridicules me.. BE AUTHENTIC! I've been a real madrid fan all my life, still am, and will die as one. Being with this team is also one of the reasons i hate barca lol.. but messi, no doubt, has great talent. ronaldo is one of the great players of his generations, but certainly not on the top, and this is coming from a madrid fan.

I hate barca because it is over-rated. 60% of the barca fans u meet today jumped on their bandwagon after last year's win. This ridicules me.. BE AUTHENTIC! I've been a real madrid fan all my life, still am, and will die as one. Being with this team is also one of the reasons i hate barca lol.. but messi, no doubt, has great talent. ronaldo is one of the great players of his generations, but certainly not on the top, and this is coming from a madrid fan.

who cares? who says its a sin to be a fan of a team that is playing good right now. I think the real [Edited out] are the one who stick with a damn business minded club even though they produce boring teams. Club loyalty is SUCH [Edited out]. If you are a fan of football, then you admire whoever plays best and cheer for them.

clubs are just clubs, a damn business.

show me ANY team that has played as gracefully as barca since the Ronaldinho days and ill instantly watch and support them. Barca plays a skill based finese game that is just stunning to watch, no other team comes close, i dont care if barca loses, they play the game the way its meant to be played. Other big physical teams lack skill.

ive been glued to barca ever since ronaldinho dominated there. if they stopped playing their style, i wouldnt watch another game.

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~
Please refrain from using profanity.

lol alright, ur not my type of person. I am more of a loyalty fan. I am a Dallas Mavericks fan and i don't even live there anymore lol. I don't live in Pakistan but that team remains on the top. I started with madrid and i'll end with that. ur right about cheering the team/player if they play good..which is why i like players from barca.. like i mentioned messi, henry being another great person. I appreciate them because they play good, but i can never be happy with barca winning, just like i can never be winning with india winning a cricket match (against anyone) lol no offense.

Edited by syed_murtaza

In alphabetical order, one from every group. One of these has to be the winner. lol

Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Japan & Spain.

(salam)

diddy, you are the smartest guy here. May the best players win for sure!

Real Madrid is all about buying the most expensive players in football, and expecting to win 5 championships and league titles out of every 8 years. They believe, top tier players in every position = guaranteed wins. That type of mentality is rather pathetic. Where as Barca, don't play 1 on 1 like CR. They are not ball hogs, they play as a team, and they don't care about getting every #1 player out there, to make a perfect team. They get what they need, to reach their goals. They have players like Pedro and Busquets, who might not even be listed in tier 1 type players, yet they do their job. They pass the ball and play a lot of team work, and make football like art.

^ which is exactly why they're better than real madrid..right??

gimme a break dude..they got messi, pique, puyol, i'vic, henry..talk about top notch players..it's not like barca is the underdog!! their salary cap is pretty huge too. sure madrid' players don't guarantee 5-0 wins all the time but it's gotta be something when the club is constantly one of the hottest in the whole europe..the hottest club i beg to state..barca too tried the same strategy madrid by signing i'vic, pique, henry one after the other and guess what, it works for them..i'm a team player fan as well but star power definitely gives a huge boost to any team..put messi rooney or someone in a b-league team and watch them go for the title

(salam)

I guess Spain will be stacked. I'm gonna go with my original faves: Portugal, Holland, Argentina, and I like Brazil but ... they're like the Chicago Bulls..there's no fun in that. The African teams could be exciting too.

Okay Final pick: Argentina.

It will be a contest between the informs...

Brazil - Ronaldhino & Kaka

Argentina - Milito, messi, Higuan, Tevez...who all have scored more than 20 goals this season in their respective clubs..

Portugal - Deco, Nani, Iniest, C Ronaldo who is back to his demolishing best..

England - If not for Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney & probably Adam Jhonson they would'nt have even qualified but these players rank the best in any match. Good that Rooney is not seriously injured.

Spain - Torres, Xavi, Alonso, CapeDvilla, Villa and team are amazing and could be the surprise winners if they take it all the way.

Italy - Luca Toni, Totti, DeRossi, Pirlo, Nesta, Perrotta, Di Natalie, Del Piero, Buffon and many more big names but lack of a team spirit might be there flaw. nevertheless they will be in the semi's for sure.

if i were to vote ..

Argentina is highly likely to be the champions in South Africa 2010, if not Brazil ...simply because of their out of Europe World Cup Record..

It will be a contest between the informs...

Brazil - Ronaldhino & Kaka

Argentina - Milito, messi, Higuan, Tevez...who all have scored more than 20 goals this season in their respective clubs..

Portugal - Deco, Nani, Iniest, C Ronaldo who is back to his demolishing best..

England - If not for Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney & probably Adam Jhonson they would'nt have even qualified but these players rank the best in any match. Good that Rooney is not seriously injured.

Spain - Torres, Xavi, Alonso, CapeDvilla, Villa and team are amazing and could be the surprise winners if they take it all the way.

Italy - Luca Toni, Totti, DeRossi, Pirlo, Nesta, Perrotta, Di Natalie, Del Piero, Buffon and many more big names but lack of a team spirit might be there flaw. nevertheless they will be in the semi's for sure.

if i were to vote ..

Argentina is highly likely to be the champions in South Africa 2010, if not Brazil ...simply because of their out of Europe World Cup Record..

First of all Ronaldinho is a shadow of a player he once was. Brazil are very good outfit but nothing like the ones they have produced in the past few world cups.

Second of all Argentina's problem is a [Edited Out]py midfield that doesnt give the ball to messi in good positions. They just havent gelled as a group in the longest time.

Italy is out of form and their offense looks horrendous.

Spain on paper have BY FAR and out easily the best team in the world, an incredible midfield with xaxi and iniesta, very very solid defense with the likes of Puyol etc and top quality finishers in Torres and the Villas. For some reason they havent been playing that well together, I dont know if its coaching or whatever, but this team is on paper easily the best going into this world cup.

England might also have a chance due to Rooneys good form but again theyr not a lot better than they have been in past world cups, the only thing going for them is that no international power houses look in top form or unbeatable.

(bismillah)

^^ MY picks for this years WC.

Argentina better pull this one off, after the embarassing exit last time [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvhBTxQVQUk]

I dont remember what the fight was about? Germany gave their goalie a cheatnote, was it?

Anyway Brazil is overrated. Kaka used to be the man until he picked money over loyalty lol..Pato is alright

All I'm looking forward to is FANTASY FOOTBALL <3 I loved that shizz during last WC haha. Be sure to post the link once the squad lists are up

Sign in to follow this