Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
muny14

Just turned SHIA (living with my SUNI famly) ELP!

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

hey i have just turned SHIA,,, im was a SUNNi for 18years ,,,, it jus got to me that i need to study my own religion to gain better knowledge. People i studied with were mixed,, but mostly SUNNi,, i even had a 3 sunni allema's and Quran hifz.. But some times listenin to them and what they would say it just got to me that theres more, it was a thought that wont stop. im a sunni born but after my thoughts i strted 2 study n the thought of Shiaism seemed more perfect.. like i fit in or i belong there. i feel satisfied with my belief now,, like my relgion is complete. anyting bad happens to me or i feel sad left out in my own house (full of Sunnis) i just think of the Alebait,, esp karbala. how they were far away from there home land.. i calm down n im normal.. its hard 2 pray namaz, as its really noticable but other than that im fine.

me converting 2 shiaism is something that actuly jus 2 ppl knw n dats it.. but i need help... thought u people cud b a help. lol

i have few questions i wanted 2 ask,, i.e. i learned how 2 pray namaz the shia way by going on youtube and watching the videos but i stil not sure if its the real way or if i stil any mistakes.. like are there any gender differences? please help if any of you do read this post.. thanks (wasalam)

salamun alaykum brother mashallah u found the true path! may the ahlul bait help you in times of hardship.

i dont think there is much gender difference during namaaz post that youtube vid here bro

(bismillah)

hey i have just turned SHIA,,, im was a SUNNi for 18years ,,,, it jus got to me that i need to study my own religion to gain better knowledge. People i studied with were mixed,, but mostly SUNNi,, i even had a 3 sunni allema's and Quran hifz.. But some times listenin to them and what they would say it just got to me that theres more, it was a thought that wont stop. im a sunni born but after my thoughts i strted 2 study n the thought of Shiaism seemed more perfect.. like i fit in or i belong there. i feel satisfied with my belief now,, like my relgion is complete. anyting bad happens to me or i feel sad left out in my own house (full of Sunnis) i just think of the Alebait,, esp karbala. how they were far away from there home land.. i calm down n im normal.. its hard 2 pray namaz, as its really noticable but other than that im fine.

me converting 2 shiaism is something that actuly jus 2 ppl knw n dats it.. but i need help... thought u people cud b a help. lol

i have few questions i wanted 2 ask,, i.e. i learned how 2 pray namaz the shia way by going on youtube and watching the videos but i stil not sure if its the real way or if i stil any mistakes.. like are there any gender differences? please help if any of you do read this post.. thanks (wasalam)

(salam)

Brother may Allah guide us the best as you have discovered your religion. I must say being a shia'a I spent my whole life without knowing the depths of religion and faith, which now I am trying to get. Indeed knowledge is the key to success.

May Allah increase your faith by knowing what is real.

mashallah you gave me fast replies,, thank u 4 ur support though,,, but im ur muslim sister not brother,,, btw do any of u watch Hidayat Tv,,, i do,, its helped me ALOT!!! mashllah (wasalam)

(bismillah)

u shouldent really say convert 2 shia islam cuz shia is apart of islam you should say following a differnet school of islam or sumfin

cuz shia islam is not a seperate religon 2 islam if u kwn wha i mean

there is no sunism and shiaism

just islam just remembr that

we got 2 keepp the ummah alive even thou its a sign of judgment day that it will be weack

Asalam Alaikum Sister.

MashAllah you have converted. Allhamdolilah. So if you are a sister than you might want to specifically ask your question about Namaz in the sisters forum. Not saying that you won't get your answer here. It might be a little uncomfortable to post a youtube video of a Sister Praying Namaz.

Other than that welcome to the right path. Where are you from? How is your family towards the Shia Islamic thought. Just curious. You don't have to discuss it if you don't want to.

Congratulation.

Take care :Hijabi:

:yaali:

Allah Hafiz.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Congratulations, Sister!

inshallah this website (in particular the encyclopedia) will help you with your research further. May God guide you to the straightest path that pleases Him most. Amen

Let us know if you need anything.

wa salam

Edited by lotfilms

It would be interesting to see what made you become a shia from a sunni. Can you please give details of why you converted. Thanks.

Asalam Alaikum Sister.

I would really like to know this. What change did you come to through to think about converting and what motivated you.

Please give details. InshAllah it may benefit us all.

Take care.

:yaali:

Allah Hafiz.

mashallah you gave me fast replies,, thank u 4 ur support though,,, but im ur muslim sister not brother,,, btw do any of u watch Hidayat Tv,,, i do,, its helped me ALOT!!! mashllah (wasalam)

my apoligies sis... :squeez: yeah hidayat TV is on a whole new level, sis can i recommend a great lecturer that you will learn so much about the ahlul bait??? his name is Syed Ammar Nakshwani.

wassalam sis :D

Muny, i understand it is difficult if you went from sunni to shia

but something that distinguishes shiites is that you should not block any views out of your rational thinking, read as much as you can about shiite and sunni from both sources, every two weeks at least one book. Only in this way will you stay shiite and know you are absolutely correct in your judgement, also dont be afraid to ask anything ..shiite culture talks freely about taboos also.

http://www.revertmuslims.com/sala.html

i am happy with your enlightenment and rational thinking

Unfortunately when i want to give some of my sunni friends a Shiite book to read they block other views by just saying "that is shia, i dont need to read it"...and then make elementary false claims how shiites pray to rocks and believe ali is god, come from a jew curse all companions systematically, gabreal made a mistake etc. while i read their books and views all the time for the sake of knowledge,,this is a major difference do not block urself out from various dimensions always stay open minded.

Edited by Rubaiyat

(bismillah)

Any ways may I know where are you from & where are you living? also in that place are there any Shias & shia centres over there , also in your family what is the attitude they have to Shias & also in the place from where you come from?

Radhey Radhey

I use to be Sunni as well so I definately understand where you are coming from sister. Congrats and may Allah guide/help you on your search for truth.

Edited by Frosty

(salam)

again thnkz 4 the help,, most of the website that u lot suggested ive been on them alot,, esp al-islam n another 1 which u lot shud check 2 ,, www.ezsoftech.com,, its easy n good info on it,, but thnkx anyway,, ou the sisters blog i didnt kn ol but i do now..

the whole reason y i even hought about shiaism was becuz i thought even shia's are muslims way not read about there way,, i ws amazed about the love they had 4 the prophets family, something i had never seem b4 ,, never in sunnism,, there method (easier way2 put it) was easier n BETTER in way 2 follow,,, mosty when v see something or want somthing it like or heart are set on it we want it soo much,,, it was taht sort of feeling,, its hard 2 explain ,, cant explain it much,, i prob confuse u lot lol,,, so ,,sorry

and about my family ,, they react like any other sunni would when they hear about shia's etc,,,

they dont know yet ,, guess im waiting 4 the right time/moment ,,, i want 2 tell them the good news but it might turn out to me the baddest news ever! :wacko:

i have studied and then turned towards the right path,, its not 'like it, have it kind of thing'

i wish my family would understand me and not judge me,,, my mm prob wud understand me bcuz she knws ive been studying islam,, she might si and ask me etc,,, but my dad n brothers lol dont even want 2 think about it ,,,,

btw about the Ammar Nakshwani his so good mashalla,, and i actualy understand his lectures,, lol,,, some times u get some people saying things that fly aroudn ur head but ur lost n confused never understand i ,, if u get me,, but his really good ,,,

hope i have answered u lot ,,, but ur free to ask me questions,,

btw can u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz write all the rakats n which 1s u read ,, cuz im stil confused at wa times cn u read the Asr and Zuhr together? al the time? i ddi read somehting on he web but it didnt make sense,,, plz it wud help me alot,,, thnkz,,,

n btw hidayat tv keep watchin it ,, n do donate,,, v are only few in UK ,, v r d only 1s who can keep that channel goin,, mashallah its done soo well jus in few months ,,, it can see it changing so many peoples life and all those people who have no idea what shiasm is about mayb they will c the light eventually rather than acusing and kep thier hearts locked 3ever,,, truth needs 2 b seen/heard from some were and hidayat tv is option 1 (wasalam) ,,,

(salam)

again thnkz 4 the help,, most of the website that u lot suggested ive been on them alot,, esp al-islam n another 1 which u lot shud check 2 ,, www.ezsoftech.com,, its easy n good info on it,, but thnkx anyway,, ou the sisters blog i didnt kn ol but i do now..

the whole reason y i even hought about shiaism was becuz i thought even shia's are muslims way not read about there way,, i ws amazed about the love they had 4 the prophets family, something i had never seem b4 ,, never in sunnism,, there method (easier way2 put it) was easier n BETTER in way 2 follow,,, mosty when v see something or want somthing it like or heart are set on it we want it soo much,,, it was taht sort of feeling,, its hard 2 explain ,, cant explain it much,, i prob confuse u lot lol,,, so ,,sorry

and about my family ,, they react like any other sunni would when they hear about shia's etc,,,

they dont know yet ,, guess im waiting 4 the right time/moment ,,, i want 2 tell them the good news but it might turn out to me the baddest news ever! :wacko:

i have studied and then turned towards the right path,, its not 'like it, have it kind of thing'

i wish my family would understand me and not judge me,,, my mm prob wud understand me bcuz she knws ive been studying islam,, she might si and ask me etc,,, but my dad n brothers lol dont even want 2 think about it ,,,,

btw about the Ammar Nakshwani his so good mashalla,, and i actualy understand his lectures,, lol,,, some times u get some people saying things that fly aroudn ur head but ur lost n confused never understand i ,, if u get me,, but his really good ,,,

btw can u plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz write all the rakats n which 1s u read ,, cuz im stil confused at wa times cn u read the Asr and Zuhr together? al the time? i ddi read somehting on he web but it didnt make sense,,, plz it wud help me alot,,, thnkz,,,

n btw hidayat tv keep watchin it ,, n do donate,,, v are only few in UK ,, v r d only 1s who can keep that channel goin,, mashallah its done soo well jus in few months ,,, it can see it changing so many peoples life and all those people who have no idea what shiasm is about mayb they will c the light eventually rather than acusing and kep thier hearts locked 3ever,,, truth needs 2 b seen/heard from some were and hidayat tv is option 1 (wasalam) ,,,

(bismillah)

Sister, you should choose a religious scholar to follow in these Fiqhi issues. They're called Marjas. http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71812

You need to follow the scholar you see the most knowledgeable. There you can read their risalah which explains pretty every fiqh ruling in thing such as salah, fasting, etc etc.

But yes, you can Pray Zuhr and Asr together any time and Maghrib and Isha together at any time.

(salam)

(salam)

You havent really answered the queston as to why you converted. The only reason I could pick up was the love for the Prophets family. This has got to be a joke! Are you claiming that the sunnis dont love the family of the prophet? This is outrageous.

Actually to me it seems there wasnt any realistic reason for you to convert because you didnt know anything about sunnis and you clearly dont know anything about shias! That is why you are asking for info on shiaism as you dont know. So how can you convert to shiaism when you dont know much about it?

I mean the norm would be to find out everything about Shiaism, learn and know the fact that its the true path and then convert.

You havent really answered the queston as to why you converted. The only reason I could pick up was the love for the Prophets family. This has got to be a joke! Are you claiming that the sunnis dont love the family of the prophet? This is outrageous.

Actually to me it seems there wasnt any realistic reason for you to convert because you didnt know anything about sunnis and you clearly dont know anything about shias! That is why you are asking for info on shiaism as you dont know. So how can you convert to shiaism when you dont know much about it?

I mean the norm would be to find out everything about Shiaism, learn and know the fact that its the true path and then convert.

may i ask you who where the best examples of muhammed (pbuh)

it was his family

so ali should have bin the 1st califa because he was bougth up by our prohpet muhammed (pbuh) and would have been the best example

however we respect the other khalifas as companions not leaders

for examples abu bakr was about to call his daughter sinful what kind of example would call his daughter sinful

another source could be when umar wouldn't punish his family members by shariah law because they were his family

whereas ali (as) punished 1 of close mates because he was drinking

all im trying to say i believe ali was the best example and should have bin the 1st

but subhallah ur muslim

and i would like to give u my salam and forgiveus if i aproched you out of the blue

salam

Indeed... We see how much you love the Family of the Holy Prophet with you support for their enemies. Muawiya (la) cursed the one about whom the Prophet said ''Im the master of whom Ali is the master''... from the pulpit for decades... and you consider him a great companion! How pathetic! A great way to show love for the Holy Prophet and the Ahlul Bayt

Edited by shiasoldier786

(bismillah)

Sister, you should choose a religious scholar to follow in these Fiqhi issues. They're called Marjas. http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71812

You need to follow the scholar you see the most knowledgeable. There you can read their risalah which explains pretty every fiqh ruling in thing such as salah, fasting, etc etc.

The same advice...

once again i would congrats u... i am really pleased to know that there are still some people left with enlightened hearts... the world isn't so bad after all :) ...

Edited by Fida wal muqawamah

ur over reacting brother,,, i didnt say sunnis dont love the prophets family,, n yes i hav studied campared 2 sects then those this path,,, although i asked some sunnis friends about karbala some didnt even know what karbala is,,, im not lyin here,,,, i questioned people n still after readin some references from shia books and sunni books,,, about bi bi fatima's death,, things looked more on the Shia side,,it made more sense,,, i still would say that ive seem more love for the prophets family when it comes to shia's then sunnis,,, many people study the life of prophet n little less about thier family,, becuase ive seem some sunni families my self,,, they take the stories of the caliphs/sahabas more/best exmaples 2 follow rather then Imam Ali,,, who was with our prophet from birth,, they think even if v give an example or study about Him the rest prob think they are becomin shia,,, they ignore him all together!

i joined this site 4 xtra help,,, not 2 gain the actual info about Shiaism,,, i might do that too but thats becuase im new shia,, i dont have anyone in the family or do visit any shia family infact where i live ,, its only white people 2 Asian houses,, both Sunni muslims,,, thought id get help from here. which i did,,, reading thngs is alot different from being told by some1 who practices them every day,, thats the reason why i chose 2 join this site n gain more help ,, may Allah bless u brother! (wasalam)

Mashallah, welcome muny14 :)

Why are the rest of you hijacking her thread; this is not the sunni/shia forum.

jazakallah sister,,,,, :angel:

Indeed... We see how much you love the Family of the Holy Prophet with you support for their enemies. Muawiya (la) cursed the one about whom the Prophet said ''Im the master of whom Ali is the master''... from the pulpit for decades... and you consider him a great companion! How pathetic! A great way to show love for the Holy Prophet and the Ahlul Bayt

WHat are you talking about? What has this topic got to do with anything you said? Do you have a brain?

When did I ever say that I consider Muawiya a great companion, even if I did it has nothnig to do with the topic!

ur over reacting brother,,, i didnt say sunnis dont love the prophets family,, n yes i hav studied campared 2 sects then those this path,,, although i asked some sunnis friends about karbala some didnt even know what karbala is,,, im not lyin here,,,, i questioned people n still after readin some references from shia books and sunni books,,, about bi bi fatima's death,, things looked more on the Shia side,,it made more sense,,, i still would say that ive seem more love for the prophets family when it comes to shia's then sunnis,,, many people study the life of prophet n little less about thier family,, becuase ive seem some sunni families my self,,, they take the stories of the caliphs/sahabas more/best exmaples 2 follow rather then Imam Ali,,, who was with our prophet from birth,, they think even if v give an example or study about Him the rest prob think they are becomin shia,,, they ignore him all together!

i joined this site 4 xtra help,,, not 2 gain the actual info about Shiaism,,, i might do that too but thats becuase im new shia,, i dont have anyone in the family or do visit any shia family infact where i live ,, its only white people 2 Asian houses,, both Sunni muslims,,, thought id get help from here. which i did,,, reading thngs is alot different from being told by some1 who practices them every day,, thats the reason why i chose 2 join this site n gain more help ,, may Allah bless u brother! (wasalam)

jazakallah sister,,,,, :angel:

Salaam Sister

I see where you are coming from now!

But still it isnt a realistic reason, why- Because you dont judge a religion by what its followers practice, rather what the religion says. You get me?

That is why I think its not a reasonable decision because I can show you lots and lots of videos of sunnis prasing the prophets family and expressing unconditional love. I think you made a mistake by judging sunnism on the wrong kind of people.

Im not saying that you have made a wrong decision in becoming a shia, rather I am saying the reason you did become one is not real reason.

may i ask you who where the best examples of muhammed (pbuh)

it was his family

so ali should have bin the 1st califa because he was bougth up by our prohpet muhammed (pbuh) and would have been the best example

however we respect the other khalifas as companions not leaders

for examples abu bakr was about to call his daughter sinful what kind of example would call his daughter sinful

another source could be when umar wouldn't punish his family members by shariah law because they were his family

whereas ali (as) punished 1 of close mates because he was drinking

all im trying to say i believe ali was the best example and should have bin the 1st

but subhallah ur muslim

and i would like to give u my salam and forgiveus if i aproched you out of the blue

salam

Salaam Bro

I just dont know what you are talking about! Nothing like that is being discussed on this topic.

Salaam Sister

I see where you are coming from now!

But still it isnt a realistic reason, why- Because you dont judge a religion by what its followers practice, rather what the religion says. You get me?

That is why I think its not a reasonable decision because I can show you lots and lots of videos of sunnis prasing the prophets family and expressing unconditional love. I think you made a mistake by judging sunnism on the wrong kind of people.

Im not saying that you have made a wrong decision in becoming a shia, rather I am saying the reason you did become one is not real reason.

Salaam Bro

I just dont know what you are talking about! Nothing like that is being discussed on this topic.

why---- like ive told twice ,, n third time now,, after studyin n comparing,,, i was attracted towards shia way more becuase it seemed like the BEST way!!! about sunni fellows,, may Allah bless them, but im sayin the 1s i saw/met didnt show much love,, but u may b right i have met the whole sunni ummah,,, there mayb better 1s out there unfornatly i havent met them,, but no i overall didnt turn towards shiaism just becuase of that but STUDYING DID HELP!! i see this convo going in cirlces now,, (wasalam)

WHat are you talking about? What has this topic got to do with anything you said? Do you have a brain?

When did I ever say that I consider Muawiya a great companion, even if I did it has nothnig to do with the topic!

WHAT? DO you have a brain????? WHAT??? plz do u have any respect??? plz do have respect for each other, v are still muslim at the end of the day no matter what sect!!!!!!!!!

why---- like ive told twice ,, n third time now,, after studyin n comparing,,, i was attracted towards shia way more becuase it seemed like the BEST way!!! about sunni fellows,, may Allah bless them, but im sayin the 1s i saw/met didnt show much love,, but u may b right i have met the whole sunni ummah,,, there mayb better 1s out there unfornatly i havent met them,, but no i overall didnt turn towards shiaism just becuase of that but STUDYING DID HELP!! i see this convo going in cirlces now,, (wasalam)

You see this convos goin in circles because you dont actually answer anything. You said the shia way seemed the best way. My question from start, and what people actually wanted to know is, WHY it was the BEST way? WHY it seemed most appealing?