Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
haider_leo

Can any sunni explain who are they ?

Rate this topic

Has anyone seen the Christians flagellate themselves? Did anyone notice the twelvers flagellate themselves too? Am I having a dejavu?

I can post pictures from all twelvers localities to prove it

Edited by (_Sijistani_)

Has anyone seen the Christians flagellate themselves? Did anyone notice the twelvers flagellate themselves too? Am I having a dejavu?

I can post pictures from all twelvers localities to prove it

I saw Sikhs dancing in Gurdwara and dancing Hindus as well. I think Sunnis are Sikhs or Hindus among muslims.

Pardon my ignorance brother. But, this thing seems to have become the trademark of Sufism, at least in Nigeria here. It is simply everywhere. I didn't even know Sufis outside of Africa also suffer from it. It seems to be Sufism itself now.

My dad used to tell me stories like this. Later he left the sufi path and became a salafi. I was following Salafism till I came to Canada at the age of 8. At that time we would usually associate with the deobandis. Then at the age of 14 an authorized Qadiri shaykh came to Canada and I joined Tariqah.

There are some authorized dhizrs like this one below. This is what they do in Chechnya. I am Qadiri so I never got to try this method before.

This clip has an old man who is jumping around which is quiet funny. I'm guessing he is pushing people to get in the dhizr mood.

Edited by Abdaal

Imam Ahmed Rida Khan, a mujaddid Sunni master from northern India, was asked about who the Christians among the Muslims are

he said "the shia"

Well if shias are Christians among Muslims the sunnis can called jewish Rabbi`s among Muslims .

Their idea is: you love the beloved to the extent that you lose yourself in the process (Its a bit of an extremist view but it's natural in the subcontinent. In that part of the world, you will find people who are way too corrupt or way too saints. I guess its the spices they use in their food but lots of them are "Intaha Pasand" (extremist) by nature. It's like how bollywood actors sing, " Main teray pyar main paagal" (crazy in your love)". So while they are following the basics of their religion, they attempt to seek spiritual nearness with Allah, the Prophet and Ahl-ul-bayt and they attempt to "lose" themselves in love of their beloved). Hamds and Na'ats are recited in their assemblies. Ofcourse lots of them are typical drama, just like we shias have drama actors in muharram/Matam. But I have actually seen some genuine people who would go 'majzoob' once in a while.........Its like a personal struggle to some (not all) of them.

You'll be surprised that these "sunnis" actually defend shias against wahabis in Pakistan. Thats because they believe in "divine" leadership and love of Ahl-ul-bayt (All 12 Imams). So I would suggest, you don't ridicule your ally :D

Salams

I strongly disagree with your last comment...A friend of mine in Lahore told me that these people are known as "Barelwi" and they hate Shias as much as they hate Wahhabi s. They even started a movement in which their main aim was to make most of the Shias believe that they are on the wrong path. They strongly follow the IBN-E-SABA story. In fact they don't even give a damn if a shias gets cornered by SALAFI/ WAHABIS.

He also said that a guy belonging to the same school told me that there was a SHia in his street who just found out that shias abuse Sahabas and so he converted to sunnism(Barelwi). These people have also published various books in which they have not only demonized shias but also have advised their followers not to shake hands with them nor to hug them and only say "Wa Laikum" if they greet you.

@ haider_leo:

Do they look taliban to you?? :o I guess you havent seen taliban :P I have though . Live.

Anyways i dunno if thats a mosque , but yes those are sufis.. and if u dont understand a thing about sufism, even then you are NOT to make fun of them!

I dont see what all the fuss is! Yes they're not the best dancers in the world- but thats about it.

They are so much in love with their pir, or prophet or Allah, that they just cant control themselves.

Everything is permissible in Islam, unless it goes against shariah. Nothnig like that is happeneing so why is everyone here gonig crazy?

Final point, dancing in love of Prophet, Allah etc is a good thing witnessed by Prophet himself, and very much appreciated.

that is just scary, are u sure they are muslim... maybe theyre tryin to make fun of us... :( :dry:

Its all over Sunni Iraq as well, especially the Kurds in the North. They have even more stronger dhikr, that might scare you even further.

I dont see what all the fuss is! Yes they're not the best dancers in the world- but thats about it.

They are so much in love with their pir, or prophet or Allah, that they just cant control themselves.

Everything is permissible in Islam, unless it goes against shariah. Nothnig like that is happeneing so why is everyone here gonig crazy?

Final point, dancing in love of Prophet, Allah etc is a good thing witnessed by Prophet himself, and very much appreciated.

These people are the wahabi version of Twelvers, khaled.

I ask the twelvers here, if Imam Husain radiallahu anhu appears right in front of you, and he smiles at you and says that he is satisfied with your love of him. will you be happy? Ofcourse you would. So what will be your most likely reaction at the same time?

You would probably be flying in air, dancing in happiness.

Edited by (_Sijistani_)

Its all over Sunni Iraq as well, especially the Kurds in the North. They have even more stronger dhikr, that might scare you even further.

These people are the wahabi version of Twelvers, khaled.

I ask the twelvers here, if Imam Husain radiallahu anhu appears right in front of you, and he smiles at you and says that he is satisfied with your love of him. will you be happy? Ofcourse you would. So what will be your most likely reaction at the same time?

You would probably be flying in air, dancing in happiness.

(bismillah)

(salam)

falling in sujood with a hamd tasbih of Allah(swt) would be more appropriate and proper.

(wasalam)

Rawafid-

Those who refuse. Derogatory term historically applied by the Sunnis to describe the Shiis, who refused to accept the early caliphate of Abu Bakr , Umar , and Uthman as legitimate. The term had a connotation of militancy and struggle engaged in by the Shiis against the ruling power that oppressed them. In modern times, the term is still used in Sunni polemics against the Shiis, but also by some Shiis themselves in places such as Lebanon and Iraq as a source of pride, signifying revolt against all tyranny.

Sijistani is just too cowardly to say it.

CANYOUREAD? HE ALREAY SAID IT!