Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

Because Nizari Ismailis are not exposed to the Qur'an, they are fond of arguing that there are only three prayer times mentioned in the Qur'an.

However, here's what I see mentioned in the Qur'an:

(1) The Dawn Prayer (Fajr in Arabic) given in 24:58

(2) The Noon Prayer (Dhuhr in Arabic) , given in 30:18

(3) The Afternoon Prayer (Asr in Arabic), given in 11:114, 2:238

(4) The Sunset Prayer (Maghrib in Arabic), given in 11:114, 30:18

(5) The Night Prayer (Isha in Arabic), given in 11:114, 24:58

For example, in 11:114, it states:

"Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! good deeds annul ill-deeds. This is reminder for the mindful."

This alone shows 3 prayers after the morning (Fajr) prayer [given in 24:58] and the noon (Zuhr) prayer [given in 30:18]. Nizari Ismailis say their "Holy (shirk infested) Du'a" once in the morning (when they wake up, which is normally anytime before noon) and twice at 7:30PM in the evening (total time spent each day: less than 15 minutes). Once again, their "Holy Du'a" is said entirely while sitting down on their butts and cross-legged, not facing the Qiblah, and is not preceded by ablution. There is no touching of the forehead to the ground whatsoever and the legs remain firmly crossed at all times during their prayer.

Edited by Ruwayd
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As exemplified by this hadith found in the primary Fatimid era Isma`ili collection of hadiths, Da`a'im al-Islam. I'll quote it here in full with the hopes that Isma`ili posters in this thread actuall

Do you want me to go on? I think i should, so that once and for all this 11 page debate with an easy solution can finally come to an end. In the Ismaili madhab where is the required wudhu? wudhu is a

I used to be an Ismaili, and I left about 7 years ago, because the entire madhhab was a direct insult to not only my intellect, but to the Sunnah of Rasulallah (pbuh) and Allah's religion. Ismailis ha

Posted Images

• Basic Members

(salam)

789. A Mustahab namaz can be offered while one is walking, or riding, and if a person offers Mustahab prayers in these two conditions, it is not necessary that he should be facing the Qibla.

http://www.sistani.o...&id=48&pid=2209

Check this link: http://www.sistani.o...&id=48&pid=2220

Asalam Alikum Wa Rahmatuleh Wa Barakatu.

Dear respected Sir, i would like to mention only few things here for your kind information and knowledge that Ismailis are Muslim their base is Islam they abide and accept all the Sharyat -e-Hazarat Muhammad Mustafa The Holy Prophet. His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan the Shia Imam for 15-million Muslim Ismaili Communities around the world has given many times Pray in Mosque for 100-thousand Multi religious Muslims. 1st we accept the Sharyat maintaining regulary there is no different between the Suni and Ismaili we think that Sharyat Muhammad (S) is only created for Ismaili the Isamili Dua or Pray is part of our religious issue. His highness Prince Karim Aga never mentioned in any farman that Ismaili should not Pray, shouldnot keep Fast get oblution or to follow that Sharyat it is clear they are Muslim Ismaili. let me tell you live sample but please search this ( Sayed Mansoor Naderi) Ismaili Leader in Afghanistan has build the most beautifull Mosque in Kabul Designed the worlds Largest Huge Holy Quran with GOLD Menatory Design it is a record in Islam History.

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

Assalamo Alaykom,

Dear Spiritual Brothers and Sisters in Islam. Is Aga Khan A Muslim? does He Pray with Jama'ah? Does He Drink alcohol? Are Rafithi's on Pathway(Siratal-Mostaqim)?

who knows?

Are we all who are discussing this issues, will go to the hell?  

Who Knows?

In Islam, as I know, Judgement is Allah's duty. for example if someone Do "Zina" and Other person tell it to others, Allah Says: the second one done more sin than the first person.

who knows?

may be all are dream?

I want to invite you to Islamic Brotherhood that connect you through humanity frontiers the nationalities, Languages, Religions and ...

the final message of god came to make us nearer not far from each other.

I want to ask you all about ethics. which one of you never lies? which one is always clean and smells good? which one respect to their parents? which one of you work for other people without money expectation?

which one pray for him or her self and not for other people? which one take a tasbih and say Zikr?

which one of you invest time and knowledge and money, just for God?

if you have ethics and you respect each other, then you are True Muslim and I think then it's not Important: Shia, Sunni, Rafithi, Ismaili or etc.

think because if you don't respect each other, the enemies of Islam will win. and we don't want to loos our own values.

• 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

Ismailis are muslims or non muslims i m no one to decide, god knows better if by not performing wajibaats u can still b a muslim or not but please please stop saying that they are shia muslims because without offering prayers for five times a day, without fasting knowing that its mandetory and without haj i can only pray for u all ismailis Allah mian aap loagoon ko hidayat de ameen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Quoting from english Introduction to the Edited version of Al Qadi An Numan's Kitab ikhtilaf usuli'l-Madhahib, by S. T. Lokhandwalla

from pages 98 - 99

(in relation to the tawil of the zahiri aspects of the law, making wudu and not praying on the skin of dead animals is mentioned beforehand as an example)

The moment one accepts the principle of the Imama from the house of the Prophet, everything fits in like a jigsaw puzzle. The ta'wil rather transforms even the daily chores of an individual, prescribed by the shari'a, into a different mould and if believed into absolutely, creates such a strong psychological effect on the believer that on one hand it forces him to impute divinity to the Imam and on the other, it renders the prescriptions of the shari'a for him quite secondary and even futile.1 Even if these stages are not reached his attachment to the Imam or his representative: (e.g. the Da'i these days), becomes the nucleus of all his activities, whether religious or otherwise.

1 Instances of both types are found ofthen throughout the Isma'ili history. Both these tendencies are generally disapproved though, at times, they were for many reasons connived at. Individual cases, even today, are not difficult to come across amongst the Isma'ilis who have discarded the observances of the shari'a, mainly 'ibadat, on the pretext that they owe absolute allegience to the one whose symbols the prescription are.

Edited by jasir

Assalamo Alaykom,

Dear Spiritual Brothers and Sisters in Islam. Is Aga Khan A Muslim? does He Pray with Jama'ah? Does He Drink alcohol? Are Rafithi's on Pathway(Siratal-Mostaqim)?

who knows?

Who Knows?

In Islam, as I know, Judgement is Allah's duty. for example if someone Do "Zina" and Other person tell it to others, Allah Says: the second one done more sin than the first person.

who knows?

may be all are dream?

I want to invite you to Islamic Brotherhood that connect you through humanity frontiers the nationalities, Languages, Religions and ...

I want to ask you all about ethics. which one of you never lies? which one is always clean and smells good? which one respect to their parents? which one of you work for other people without money expectation?

which one pray for him or her self and not for other people? which one take a tasbih and say Zikr?

if you have ethics and you respect each other, then you are True Muslim and I think then it's not Important: Shia, Sunni, Rafithi, Ismaili or etc.

think because if you do't respect each other, the enemies of Islam will win. and we don't want to loos our own values.

Explain Why you just said:

"Radidiah".

Edited by TheIslamHistory
  • Basic Members

Assalamo Alaykom,

who knows?

Who Knows?

who knows?

may be all are dream?

think because if you do't respect each other, the enemies of Islam will win. and we don't want to loos our own values.

what is the definition of muslim ? i mean what is the criteria by why which one call himself a muslim ?

Verses from from the Quran will be highly appreciated, so that we can judge who is a muslim and who is not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

what is the definition of muslim ? i mean what is the criteria by why which one call himself a muslim ?

Verses from from the Quran will be highly appreciated, so that we can judge who is a muslim and who is not.

A very short definitions would be:

Somebody who believes in the Qur'an.

(As believe in Allah, the Angels, the Books, the Prophets, the obligations of a Muslim, the prohibitions, etc. ... are all included in the Qur'an)

So somebody who unconditionally accepts the Qur'an as the truth, and implements this into his life is a Muslim. (words & deeds with right intention).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Basic Members

Ya Ali Madad.

Dear Brothers and Sisters.

Before making a reply to the above mentioned post let me tell you that I belong to Shia Imami Ismaili Sect of Islam which is commonly know as Aga Khanis by other sects.

As far as the questions who is Muslim and who is not, Who is Shia who is not has been defined by 24 Muslim Ulamas in the form of Fatwa in Amman International Islamic conference held in Jordan. All the 24 Ulamas belonging to different sects of Islam have agreed the Ismailis (Followers of Aga Khan as their Imam) are Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and the Imam Shah Karim Al- Hussaini is direct descendent of Hazrat Ali Karam Allah o Wajhu and The Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAAWWS). The link of Amman International conference is give for reference:  

http://ammanmessage.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=60

http://ammanmessage.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=34

So the view of Ulama is above all as the have better knowledge of Islam ordinary people like us.

Secondly Hazrat Ali Karam Allah o Wajhu is Mazhar e Noor E Khuda for us. The respect for Movla Ali which is hidden every Ismaili's Soul and heart cannot be expressed in words.

Finally we Shia Imami Ismailis believe that this whole universe lose its existence without Living Imam for a single second. So we believe in Living Imam who is direct descendent of Mova Ali karam Allah o Wajhu. Regards and Moval Ali Mada  

• Basic Members

I don't see why not, unless the Tayyibi holds hatred toward our Imams (as) or exaggerated beliefs toward their imams.

Ismailis don't hold any kind of hatred towards any Imams A.S. (including Imams of Itna Ashri belief)... For us your Imams (A.S) are as respectful as our own (coz ultimately they all belong to Mawla Ali (A.S)'s family)

• Basic Members

Salaaam Alaykum Brothers and sisters,

Just a few questions regarding Ismailis if anyone of you can answer, that would really be helpful.

1. Do Ismailis consider themselves Muslim even though they obviously break some of the rules of the Quran? But, I was spaeking to an Ismaili, and I think he was trying to get at me at saying that our Imams have the right to change the rules of the Quran. Is that true? I mean, if our twelve Imams did that, would that be considered wrong?

2. When did the sect of Ismaili come into play? At what time in History? Who was it's founder? Where was he/ she from? Are their Imams descendants of the Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W)?

Walaikum-as-Salam brother Taalib, yes Alhamdu-Lillah we consider ourselves as Muslims. :)

As far as breaking some rules of Quran, its a myth. I am sure no one can prove it besides giving some lame examples which even they are not sure of and heard from some one else! :) Yes we believe in authority of Imam and follow him blindly but I can safely say that they (Our Imams) never asked us to do or follow some thing which is against the teaching of Islam/Quran.

As far as the question of when Ismailies came into play, it was a diversion when a group started following Imam Musa Kazim (A.S) and the other one started following Imam Ismail (A.S). Both being sons of Imam Jaffar-as-Sadiq (A.S). 

• Advanced Member

Walaikum-as-Salam brother Taalib, yes Alhamdu-Lillah we consider ourselves as Muslims. :)

As far as breaking some rules of Quran, its a myth. I am sure no one can prove it besides giving some lame examples which even they are not sure of and heard from some one else! :)

Tell me. When was the last time did an Agha Khani group travel to Mecca to offer the obligatory Haj(as mentioned explicitly in the Quran)?

On top of that, The Agha Khanis have abandoned the integral components of Salat and deemed homosexuality to be a permissible act, and hence, have been taken out of the fold of Islam.

• Basic Members

Tell me. When was the last time did an Agha Khani group travel to Mecca to offer the obligatory Haj(as mentioned explicitly in the Quran)?

On top of that, The Agha Khanis have abandoned the integral components of Salat and deemed homosexuality to be a permissible act, and hence, have been taken out of the fold of Islam.

By the grace of Almighty Allah, I personally have a lot of family members who went for Hajj and Umrah in fact my brother is going for an Umrah this June with his entire family (Wife and Kids). Oh by the way, he is a practicing Ismaili and not a covert. :) I have some visa issues as soon as I will fix it, I will go and perform Hajj very soon InshaAllah. I know a lot of Ismailies do not go to Hajj but its their personal preference what it has to do with the faith? One of my co worker (an Itna-Ashari Muslim) never used to fast and always used to eat and drink during the month of Ramadan openly so would it be right for me to take an assumption that all the Itna-Ashari Muslims don't fast??? (Don't get angry brother, I know its not the case :) ...)

See another example of some thing which you just heard from some one and without any research believed to be true! Ismaili faith never believe homosexuality as permissible act and I can assure you that none of our Imams/leaders of community ever even talked about this topic, allowing it as permissible act is too far from reality!! (Again if you see few examples, consider them exceptions)... I am sure you will have some homosexuals around you as well! :)

As for prayer is concerned, what do you consider integral components? Can you elaborate a little bit more? And please don't forget to mention specific reference from the holy Quran and not any particular Fiqah (Because what's right for one Fiqah might be wrong (read Sin) for the other one). Waiting for your reply!

And finally as far as "Taken out of the fold of Islam" thing is concerned, I guess the best thing Muslim groups do, right now, perfectly is declaring the other group as "Non Muslim"... So it doesn't bother me! What I would love to see (and I really mean it) at least followers of Mawla Ali (A.S) should consider them selves as Brothers and Sisters (regardless of their faith or Sect)!

May peace be with you and your families! :)

• Basic Members

The Ismailis I know apart from bohora will not be regarded as muslims. Because they do not pray and do not fast. So I think it is not proper to marry or eat their food.

Oh man you can go ahead and not eat food from any Ismaili, it will save his money! =)

I am sure non of the Ismaili will have desperation to offer food to you! 

• Basic Members

False. He was a Twelver Shia...he was born into an Ismaili family, but converted in later life to Imamiyyah. Although, he wasn't a practicing Muslim.

Calling him monster (if you are any one other than a Hindu from India) is disgusting. Keeping his faith on side, he is the reason for home of more than 18 Million Muslims (including around 20% Shias)!!

• Basic Members

Is it true that Ismailis do no consider salat to be wajib, alcohol is no longer prohibited, gambling is permissible. I would like for an Ismaili to answer.

Brother, every thing you mentioned here are inaccurate. We offer 3 Salat (having 18 Rakat) every day as part of compulsory pillars of faith. Alcohol/Gambling are still banned as of today!! If some one do it, its their personal preference and has nothing to do with faith and therefore faith shouldn't be blamed. :)

Sincerely, A Shia Imami Ismaili Nizari Muslim! 

• Basic Members

(salam)

I know for a fact that not all Ismailis reject Sharia. They are some Ismailis who upholds all the religious obligations such as prayers, fasting etc. They even keep the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå family close to their heart. It is incorrect and totally unfair to pronounce Ismailis as Kafir.

Personally, I dislike people (common men) making takfir on each other. We don't like the wahhabis when they go around declaring Shia as kafir and fit to be killed. You need to be extra careful when you make controversial remark. You don't want to start oppressing people and get them killed because you don't like some aspect of their sect. With proper dawa, I am fairly confident that you will get good people back on track (the correct Islamic teaching).

The best is to check with your marja. He would know.

True! :)

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Muslims pray in masjids and do namaz.

The one thing in common for everyone who does Hajj is the above.

Anyone who prays in a JK and says du'aa instead of the above is not a Muslim.

The Aga Khan is a fraud. Anyone who gets inside a JK (the name of the worship place of Nizari Ismailis) to see what Nizari Ismailis actually do in there will see that very quickly. They are practicing shirk and heresy in their JKs. That is why they do not allow any non-Ismailis inside their JKs.

Edited by Ruwayd
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Ruwayd - Please kindly explain what shirk is according to your understanding?

As a matter of fact, Ismaili doctrine is the only tariqa that understands the concept of God as its unconditional absoluteness, by double-negating any imaginable and unimaginable attributes. So, to say what you just said above, is talking out of your ignorance.

• Advanced Member

HERE'S WHY THE AGHA KHAN IS A FRAUD:

I was.passing by an Ismaili center one day around maghrib time so I decided.to go in there to do.my salat as it was less than a block away. I had never been inside one before but I had heard they were Shia and I figured that as a.fellow.Shia I would be welcomed there.

WRONG ANSWER

They would even let me in ! None of the wo.en were covered and none of the men had beards. The security stopped.me.at the door. I was sent to an office where a woman with no hijab at all told me that this was one of his (meaning the Agha Khan) houses and Inwas not allowed in because I am not Ismaili. She thendirectd me to go to a website to learn more if I was interested.

THEY ARE HIDING SOMETHING!

I do not trust them and do not consider them to be Muslims because they do not accept Muslims as their brethren.

• Veteran Member

HERE'S WHY THE AGHA KHAN IS A FRAUD:

I was.passing by an Ismaili center one day around maghrib time so I decided.to go in there to do.my salat as it was less than a block away. I had never been inside one before but I had heard they were Shia and I figured that as a.fellow.Shia I would be welcomed there.

WRONG ANSWER

They would even let me in ! None of the wo.en were covered and none of the men had beards. The security stopped.me.at the door. I was sent to an office where a woman with no hijab at all told me that this was one of his (meaning the Agha Khan) houses and Inwas not allowed in because I am not Ismaili. She thendirectd me to go to a website to learn more if I was interested.

THEY ARE HIDING SOMETHING!

I do not trust them and do not consider them to be Muslims because they do not accept Muslims as their brethren.

Drama aside, why would you go anyway to an Isma`ili centre (not an open-for-all mosque) to say your prayers? Isma`ili Nizaris don't even allow their closer brethern Isma`ili Musta`alis (Bohras) let alone let a Zaidiyyah enter their place.

Comparatively to Sunnis, Shia sects - although they don't kill one another - do not get along well and tend to keep to themselves. An Isma`ili won't enter an Ithna `Ashari mosque, a Zaidiyyah won't enter an Isma`ili jamaat Khana and so on and so forth.

Edited by Marbles
  • Advanced Member

Drama aside, why would you go anyway to an Isma`ili centre (not an open-for-all mosque) to say your prayers? Isma`ili Nizaris don't even allow their closer brethern Isma`ili Musta`alis (Bohras) let alone let a Zaidiyyah enter their place.

Comparatively to Sunnis, Shia sects - although they don't kill one another - do not get along well and tend to keep to themselves. An Isma`ili won't enter an Ithna `Ashari mosque, a Zaidiyyah won't enter an Isma`ili jamaat Khana and so on and so forth.

Because I DID NOT KNOW that they would let me in. If you really read my post you would.see that I said I had never been to one before. I didn't know about the Ismailis, had only been Shia for about a year or two andAll I knew is that I had heard that Ismailis were Shia. So I thought I was heading into a Shia masjid. That's what I kept telling them too. I kept asking why they were keeping M out when I am Shia.

In any case I am Zaydi and I go to 12er masjid all the time. There has never been an issue with that.

They arent "hiding" something. Its just that non Ismailis dont get into jamatkhana during dua. I can explain more if you have questions. But why would you really want in? You can usually go in as long as no prayers are being said, but only Ismailis are allowed during dua. Ismailis dont do salat like you. Its a different dua said while sitting on the ground and not facing mekka. So there's no point in a non Ismaili praying in there.

• Advanced Member

They arent "hiding" something. Its just that non Ismailis dont get into jamatkhana during dua. I can explain more if you have questions. But why would you really want in? You can usually go in as long as no prayers are being said, but only Ismailis are allowed during dua. Ismailis dont do salat like you. Its a different dua said while sitting on the ground and not facing mekka. So there's no point in a non Ismaili praying in there.

I stated why I went. I did not know that. And why,if what they are.doimg is correct, would they keep me.out? 12ers.do not.screen people to make sure they are 12ers before entering their masjid. Why not just explain that they do things differently?

That is PURE sectarianism and therefore unIslamic. Any Muslim should be allowed into any Islamic house of worship.

• 3 months later...
  • Basic Members

It is SAD to see that some of the topics on this website are geared to negatively judge other sects of Islam!

Is everyone here in this website a Muslim? None of us know the REAL meaning of being a muslim (ISLAM)! It means tollerance, peace, forgiveness, itellect (Knowledge), Personal judgement, and all those good attributes that our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) sacrificed his whole life in devotion of...and I repeat "good" attributes ONLY!! And above all "BROTHERHOOD" Anyone disagrees?? Yet! discussions like these keeps us Ummah apart, and we are letting non-Muslims rule over us because we are divided ourselves, discounted with lack of unity, peace, tollerance, and all of the above attributes of being a good Muslim.

NOTE: My address today is to ALL of you (Including the Ismailis in this post). I myself am a devoted practicing Ismaili Muslim.

One thing I have learnt from our Holy faith above all (being a Muslim) is that Intellect surpasses what we all do regarless of our belief of our faith. You can memorize the whole of the Quran, or any part of any sect of Islam's prayers, rituals, etc...even if we know the meaning of what we recite, withouth adequate intellect, we can all superficially understand our faith which leads us to the above arguments and disgusting things that comes out of our mouths in anger (And by the way...ANGER is forbidden in Islam).

So, in conclusion...here my take on being a Muslim. 1. Have enough intelligence to interprete our Glorious faith of Islam and practice the smaller aspect of our faith first to acieve the bigger aspect of it. If we can not practice the basic principles of our faith like "Brotherhood" how can we claim to know our faith the best!! We have 2 fights to fight A. To "defend" (Not offensive) our faith collectively with Ummah (Jihad-e-Asgar) B. To fight a bigger fight (Jhad-eAkbar), which is against our undesired inticts, to control our anger (especially towards our own brothers and sisters), but of-course above all anything that hinders our spiritual connection to Allah.

I think, the enemy of our faith are non other then ourselves, those who divide the Ummah! And make the Ummah weak. WHY? Why do we judge ourselves? and talk bad about our own family (Ummah)? Why do we judge others of our own? We all are under the same umbrella of the "Shahada". Who is wrong or who is right? why do we judge others then? Isn't He the only judge Al-Hakam (الحكم)? So, if we claim to be Muslims, we surely can live by it's simple and basic principle of "Brotherhood".  Living with this principle/practice is the choice of an individual and I know that there will be some who will not embrace these principles and decide to break the Ummah but that will be between you and Allah.....................I have no say on that!

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Like Sufi Tariqahs that practice in Jamatkhanas and Khanaqas and Ribats - where admission is only open to those who gave bayat to the Murshid of the Tariqah, the Ismaili Jamatkhana during prayer time service is only open to Ismailis who gave bayah to the Imam of the Time.

It is a very logical idea - the word bayah means buying - selling; and the bayah between Murid and Murshid is a spiritual covenant that involves both parties making promises to one another. The Ismaili Tariqah rituals are part of that bayah between each Ismaili murid and the Imam of the Time; non-murids have no rights to this bayah because they have not taken it - so therefore they have no rights to access the Jamatkhana services all of which express in ritual, the Imams relationship to his murids. 

Why are we starting out with the assumption that by default, all religious practices must be public! Who ever said that. The Quran even says to ask permission before entering any house. The jamatkhana is the House of the Living Imam and one needs his permission to enter - nobody has any rights to enter a private space.

• Basic Members

Ex-Ismaili Comments on the Nizari Ismaili "Holy Du'a" vs Islamic Namaz

Note: Even though this video suggests that Nizari Ismailis do a full sujood in their Holy Du'a, trust me: they DO NOT - and the reason is because they sit cross-legged or zig-zag legged (as per the picture below) when saying their Holy Du'a in their "jamatkhanas," making a full sujood impossible for almost of all of them except those with very flexible bodies.

For those wondering, here is how the inside of a typical Nizari Ismaili jamatkhana looks during most communal acts of worship, including when the "Holy Du'a" is being recited:

tumalaaa.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It was difficult getting this picture!

This is not Ismailis while praying. Women sit on the opposite side from men to avoid distraction while praying. This is ismailis during a wedding. This is trying to deceive. Any questions regarding ismaili practices I would love to answer. Thank you.

• Basic Members

Salam,

At what period did the Agha khani Ismaïlis dua replace Salah ?

How did the community react ?

By the way, do you have Ulama and madressa or hawza system ?

The Dua was introduced by the 48th hereditary Imam Sultan Mohammed Shah. The Dua had 17 parts and was in Gugurati. It is said that the idea of a Ismaili Dua came from the 47th Imam. The reason it was introduced is debateable. For many many years the Ismailis were in hiding. They had to practice Taqiyyah. When the Ismaili Imams got political power, the Ismailis no longer had to hide. That is when the dua was introduced. It is the belief of the Ismailis that is the sole perogative of the Imam to choose how the Ismailis will pray. The Ismailis have religious education called Bait ul Ilm. This starts for children grades kindergarten to 12. There are scholars in the faith as well. They are called Al-Waez. They deliver education/sermons at the Jamtkhanas. Any other questions?

• Basic Members

Salam,

At what period did the Agha khani Ismaïlis dua replace Salah ?

How did the community react ?

By the way, do you have Ulama and madressa or hawza system ?

As for the current dua, the 49th Imam, changed it to Arabic, so it would be the universal language of Islam. The current Dua has 6 parts starting with Sura Fatia. After each part, the Ismailis make sujood.