Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abdullah_A

Are Ismaili muslims?

In addition, I had the chance of meeting various of our scholars from Tajikistan, and your Ali Asani, in Cambridge in a social situation of dandia dance for which they had rented a room attached to a building of our residence. An agha khani friend took me there. I had a few polite questions for your Ali Asani. He acted dumb, as if he did not have a tongue in his mouth. I observed his strolling back and forth, but not talking to any of his own khojas - a very RUDE behaviour for a scholar that your community presents as a STAR.( I remember clearly, he was wearing roundish gandhi-like glasses that were very popular in those times and wearing brown nike shoes. Send this link to him as I am saying this on his face and not behind his back.). Our scholars (shia ithnashari) are admirably polite. They receive people with respekt! In even personal questions, they offer honest answers. I had only one incident with an ithnashari scholar from Gilgit, who acted as it he was made of fire - rude pakistani fire-brand ithnashari material. The Iranian and Tajik shia scholars, or from Afghanistan are super polite. The scholars coming out of Qom and Mashhad are pure cream - your own tongue will testify this on meeting most of them, and I know more about your agha khanis than your own subconscious would ever testify to your conscious mind.

Next, we come to the subject of creativity in your community. Every single creative agha khani that I know of, has left your order. For example, one name is Pervez Hoodbhoy. You can read more on this subject - of what he writes from the internet. Still, he carries the hiding characteristics of your khoja gujju community, even after become a sunni or ithnashari - trademark of khoja character - hiding and never sharing like the baniya. I asked him for his phd thesis pdf or to give MIT permission to make one pdf. Now, you go to the MIT site, and his thesis is definitely among those which is non-existent in electronic format - you verify with your own eye balls.

In addition, M A Jinnah also left your order looong time ago - maybe you can reflect a little.

It is possible that for your women to reach the level of the market in beauty competition, they may have to do the gimmicks like give up modesty in clothing ... do you get the hint?

Why dont you also honestly admit that in the matters of Adaab, ie manners, your community is actually quite weak. Sexual and pervese jokes are rather common in your jamat khanas. I have reports from people who are the regular agha khanis.

Edited by punjabishia

I think we can safely assume that you are one fellow from pakistan land, correct? it's rather funny, that you named all "innovations" and "creativity" from iran, and not a single thing from pakistan, why? is it because pakistanies are simply dumb? or is it because pakistanies don't have anything to show, except suicide bombing and violence. Don't you worry because as far as iranian's (shias) are concerned, you (pakistans) aren't even muslim, since you don't believe in imamat. So you guys (sunni and shia [itnasharia]) have a bigger problem to solve amongst yourself first and put your house in order, and then try to attack someone else's religion and belief.

(Note, i put innovations and creativity in quotes).

Musulmani agar kahbah parasteest ---- parastaraani boute raa tahna az cheest

@

ShababAlMahdi

I hope someday you realize how wrong you are!!!

Maybe one day you will realize the magnanimity of your erroneous ways. Until then the Muslim prays for your arrival to Islam.

this may help you guys answer some of your questions.

http://ismailignosis...-ismaili-islam/

Though there are things I disagree with the mostmerciful.com site, it is not on the Ismaili factor. Go read about your own religion, and stop blindly following your ancestors. "When it is said to them obey what Allah has sent, they say 'nay we will follow our forefathers' What! Even if Shaytan blatantly calls you to the hellfire?" (Sura Luqman Chapter 31 Verse 21)

I think we can safely assume that you are one fellow from pakistan land, correct? it's rather funny, that you named all "innovations" and "creativity" from iran, and not a single thing from pakistan, why? is it because pakistanies are simply dumb? or is it because pakistanies don't have anything to show, except suicide bombing and violence. Don't you worry because as far as iranian's (shias) are concerned, you (pakistans) aren't even muslim, since you don't believe in imamat. So you guys (sunni and shia [itnasharia]) have a bigger problem to solve amongst yourself first and put your house in order, and then try to attack someone else's religion and belief.

Do not ignorantly make fun of someone's ethnicity, especially when they make proudly make it their username, this is a pathetic last resort displayed by the losing side. You can either honorably back out like a man, or give us the impression that your Aga Khan teaches you to be a racist, which he does not.

Also I like how you seperate your Ismaili madhhab in this comment as a DIFFERENT RELIGION from Islam. It is correct and fitting. Here is my formal invitation to the religion of Allah. Save yourself before it's too late, and Imam Husayn's hadith comes true and the fake Imams of your madhhab are punished severely and will not be able to help you at all! Open your eyes, and look at the shirk you commit in your everyday duas. If you have read the Quran then you will know that Allah has made FIVE prayers mandatory on the human beings, and he has even mentioned the word "salawat" prayer five times. Just as he has mentioned male 23 times in the Quran and female 23 times, and humans have 46 chromosomes, 23 from each parent. etc. For these numbers Allah has mentioned them for a reason, and my point is he has mentioned prayer FIVE times, NOT THREE.

May Allah guide you.

Maybe one day you will realize the magnanimity of your erroneous ways. Until then the Muslim prays for your arrival to Islam.

Though there are things I disagree with the mostmerciful.com site, it is not on the Ismaili factor. Go read about your own religion, and stop blindly following your ancestors. "When it is said to them obey what Allah has sent, they say 'nay we will follow our forefathers' What! Even if Shaytan blatantly calls you to the hellfire?" (Sura Luqman Chapter 31 Verse 21)

Do not ignorantly make fun of someone's ethnicity, especially when they make proudly make it their username, this is a pathetic last resort displayed by the losing side. You can either honorably back out like a man, or give us the impression that your Aga Khan teaches you to be a racist, which he does not.

Also I like how you seperate your Ismaili madhhab in this comment as a DIFFERENT RELIGION from Islam. It is correct and fitting. Here is my formal invitation to the religion of Allah. Save yourself before it's too late, and Imam Husayn's hadith comes true and the fake Imams of your madhhab are punished severely and will not be able to help you at all! Open your eyes, and look at the shirk you commit in your everyday duas. If you have read the Quran then you will know that Allah has made FIVE prayers mandatory on the human beings, and he has even mentioned the word "salawat" prayer five times. Just as he has mentioned male 23 times in the Quran and female 23 times, and humans have 46 chromosomes, 23 from each parent. etc. For these numbers Allah has mentioned them for a reason, and my point is he has mentioned prayer FIVE times, NOT THREE.

May Allah guide you.

Prove me one thing, and I will take it all back, pal!!!

Prove that your imaginary imam actually exist!!! If he does, where the hell is he?! after all the Imam's responsibility is to guide His murids, not to hide somewhere in a cave. Wouldn't you agree?

No only do you know little of your own faith, but you consistently repeat this garbage that we believe the Imam is hiding in a cave. As I have told you before, nobody spouts that line except for Salafis and Wahhabis. Plz show us where you got your information from.

Secondly, and I have also said it before, you are so bereft of spirituality and wisdom that you cannot even fathom the batin behind the ghayba of the Imam (as). The Imam (as) is in the heart of every believer. We don't need him in a multi-million dollar chateau in France or Switzerland (or the new island in the Bahamas that your imam is currently creating) to guide us.

In fact, precisely how is your imam guiding his mureeds? What sort of spiritual insights is he imparting to you that you couldn't find in a book? Besides teaching you to marry beautiful, Western women with little modesty, or how to ski the slopes of Canada or Switzerland, what is he teaching you that nobody else could?

(salam)

http://simerg.com/special-series-his-highness-the-aga-khan-iii/the-1955-jubilee-ball-of-his-highness-the-aga-khan-iii-at-the-savoy/

It was hilarious to see the dancing part at the end of ball

The final Toast to the Health of Mawlana Sultan Mohamed Shah was proposed by President Janmohamed.

Dancing continued well past mid-night.

“Islam…urges the individual to lead a balanced life, one that strives to accommodate both material progress and spiritual well-being. But no man, woman or child can hope to achieve this balance in sickness, illiteracy or squalor… I, as the leader of my community, have become deeply involved in the provision of basic health and education, which I believe are crucial stepping stones towards mankind’s self-realization and growth.” – His Highness the Aga Khan

The fraud sugar coats his comments so well to amass haraam money to be spent on his luxuries, like the "Jubilee Ball" above

(wasalam)

really hard to tell how many here are true and how many are agents, like in the discussions with people posing as sunni and other stoking fires.

but, i just ask the agha khani to explain what he mean by this QIYAMA and where is the justification for it in the Quran, Hadith, Nahj al-Balagha?

A hush came over the gathering as the Imam’s Da’i and Hujja, Hasan, sword in hand, began to project the Imam’s instructions in a loud voice. Fortunately the acoustics of the mountain fastness made it possible for all to hear the Imam’s words admonishing the Jamat to follow Hasan, obey his commands in all spiritual and temporal matters, and treat his words as that of the Imam. He announced that the Imam had relieved all of those gathered there of the burdens of the shari’a and that the Imam had brought all who had been steadfast murids to the Qiyama, a special day of resurrection.

go get some solid answers from your scholars at the IIS ...................

Isn't the so called "QIYAMA" after which your community was assaulted by the Mongols? and your "Imam" was slaughtered without any trace by a Mongol and you surrendered so ignominiously to a Mongol Barbarian race?

In addition, what was the status of Tusi? was he a single agent, double agent or a triple agent?

reminds me of Shahram Amiri ........

Shahram Amiri

The missing Iranian researcher, whom Tehran claimed the CIA abducted, has taken refuge in the Pakistani Embassy in Washington. “He has requested to be sent back to Iran quickly," Iran's semiofficial news agency Mehr said Tuesday.

Amiri, a researcher at Tehran's Malek Ashtar University, mysteriously disappeared in June 2009 while on a religious pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, according to Iranian media reports. Iran has accused the United States of involvement in Amiri's disappearance, saying the researcher was taken to force him to give up data about Tehran's nuclear program.

The U.S. State Department has denied that allegation but has been tight-lipped on whether Amiri defected.

Last month, two videos surfaced on the internet of a man claiming to be Amiri in which he said he had escaped from U.S. agents and was hiding in Virginia. In one of the videos, the man again said that he was brought against his will to the U.S. and fears he will be discovered and re-arrested.

"I am Shahram Amiri, the son of the Islamic Republic of Iran, who with God's help succeeded in running away from the U.S. security agents in the state of Virginia. I am [temporarily] at a safe place and I am trying to do this video, but it is quite possible that I may shortly be again arrested by American security agents."

CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the videos nor the identity of the man in them.

go get some solid answers from your scholars at the IIS ................... Daftari, Asani, Nanji, Kanji and Reza Shah Kazemi ...........

really hard to tell how many here are true and how many are agents, like in the discussions with people posing as sunni and other stoking fires.

but, i just ask the agha khani to explain what he mean by this QIYAMA and where is the justification for it in the Quran, Hadith, Nahj al-Balagha?

go get some solid answers from your scholars at the IIS ...................

Isn't the so called "QIYAMA" after which your community was assaulted by the Mongols? and your "Imam" was slaughtered without any trace by a Mongol and you surrendered so ignominiously to a Mongol Barbarian race?

In addition, what was the status of Tusi? was he a single agent, double agent or a triple agent?

reminds me of Shahram Amiri ........

go get some solid answers from your scholars at the IIS ................... Daftari, Asani, Nanji, Kanji and Reza Shah Kazemi ...........

Yet you didn't answer my question. Go back and read my last reply.

Yet you didn't answer my question. Go back and read my last reply.

Prove to me that Khidr (as) exists.

Prove that your imam is divinely guided and not a complete fraud. In fact, prove that Hasan Dhikrihi Salam was even related to Nizar ibn Mustansir billah.

Toledo still spouting the same rubbish straight from salafi/wahabbi mythology about the 12th Imam (ajtf) and in the process showing is extreme ignorance in his 'understanding' of not only the Ismaili ethos of batin but the simpler historical facts.

You'd think in this connected, well-informed age supposedly intelligent people would be hard to fool and dupe out of money. I can understand it when it's pirs in remote areas and simple folk are the victims but this is not the case with most Ismailis.

ALI

Prove to me that Khidr (as) exists.

Prove that your imam is divinely guided and not a complete fraud. In fact, prove that Hasan Dhikrihi Salam was even related to Nizar ibn Mustansir billah.

Well, in that case why don't you follow your path, and I shall follow mine. Only Allah knows best whose path is right or wrong. Let's just leave it to Him.

Dear Agha khani Khojay, you wanted me to reply to this one of yours.

First I answer your last sentence. I have NOT tried to attack either your religion or your belief. If you read two of my posts which were my first in this thread, you shall see that I only mentioned your community's social and economic malperformance. I have recently read the memoirs of the Aga Khan 3 and thus, I have respect for a lot of ideas therein, and I ignore the other memoirs by those jealous of him and appeal to the instinct of jealousy, which if I were to permit to operate, would first poison my own heart - and damate to me. I would not insult or criticize a religious figure, as I would not want you to criticize or attack our Imams (as) or Imam Mahdi (as). I discussed Hijab and showed a working model that our religious leaders, Imam Khomeini and the maraja have DEMONSTRATED for the working and educated women. Also, I mentioned creativity, that not a single scientist or nobel laureate from the Khoja community seems to be around. I think you have a reading problem if you inferred that I insulted your religion or beliefs. I told you to go to your scholars like those I named and get some replies, why NOOR failed to stir performance out of the bones and minds and hearts of your Khojja gujju community as it did in the times of the Fatimids and the Al-Amut. After all, there was one Hassan Bin Sabbah, who coordinated much work. After all, Risail Ikhwan as-Safa were written at one time. Today, your agha kahn university has majority of non-ismaili non-agha khani scholars teaching.

In this matter, you cannot say that I am unfair in criticism. I intend progress and improvement for my ithna-Ashari brothers and I have plenty criticized them as well. Therefore, since my criticism is in the same style of being constructive, whether to my Ithna-Ashari brothers or your community, it is beneficial if you consider it with patience and honesty.

As for your question of the relationship between the Iranian Shia and the Pakistani Sunni brothers (who are mostly sufi), I cannot speak on the behalf of the Iranians. They can have one of their scholars come here to this forum and thread and make a statement regarding their long term acceptance of the Sufi brothers in Islam - of differences with mutual respect. Personally, I have respect for all muslims in my heart including your community and I have also supported the fact that taliban were quite pious and spoke better english than your khoja gujjus as well as our Ithna-ashari brothers, who often yell and scream on the television. You can search this forum and see it yourself, that I posted a video of the Taliban spokesman, Honorable Hashimi with Charlie Rose. I know you worship the gorra so Charlie is a Gorra and a jew as well.

I followed the lawsuit filed by your Imam in canada against one tajdeen and another and I have the records of the conversation somewhere. Your own one khoja complained that in his town, all the khoji girls have married white boys except one family. I am citing YOUR sources in this matter.

If you are truly liberal, show me where have you protested against the insult to the father of your "Imams", namely Prophet Mohammad in the recent incident, or on the American violation of the rights of the Taliban Ambassador, whose clothes they tore down and arrested him in the most barbarian manner.

What is your statement regarding 9-11, and I dont ask of your Imam, because our own Ayatollah Khamenei did not issue one either in time or with the necessary force and Dr Ahmadinejad issued one which was too little and too late, while Musharraf just kowtowed to the americans and that is the cause of terrorism, since they forced a fratricide on pakistan - increasing a schism. Their goal was to impose a fratricide to create internal enmity.

in connection with the above

Iranian President calls Zardari

By: APP | September 16, 2012 |

iranin-president-calls-zardari-1347743177-1513.jpg

Islamabad - Iranian President Dr Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called President Zardari. He condoled with the President Zardari, on behalf of government and people of Iran, over the loss of precious lives due to fire incidents in Lahore and Karachi. The Iranian President said that his condolences be conveyed to the members of the bereaved families and said that the people of Iran were with their Pakistani brethren at this hour.

Edited by punjabishia

My personal opinion is:

1). We are no one to be judging who is Muslim and who is not.

2). The fundamental declaration of faith, the Shahadat, is the same for all religions. And I believe that as long as any man/woman truly believes in the Shahadat then they are as Muslim as any one of us.

I am aware that several Ismaili beliefs differ from the common Ithna-Ashari values and are quite liberal to some extent. However, instead of finding ways to divide ourselves, we should respect such differences and use them to learn about one another and become more tolerant. This entire battle of "who is Muslim and who is not" has destroyed the Ummah. Many Muslim countries have ruined themselves due to this. We must unify as a people first before we can progress our nations.

My personal opinion is:

It's not that we are personally judging who is Muslim or not, we are simply determining who is Muslim according to the Quran, authenticated Sunnah and authenticated hadiths. For example, we know that someone who has Christian beliefs but says he/she is a Muslim is not really a Muslim.

Edited by AllahAkbar

My personal opinion is:

2). The fundamental declaration of faith, the Shahadat, is the same for all religions. And I believe that as long as any man/woman truly believes in the Shahadat then they are as Muslim as any one of us.

I am aware that several Ismaili beliefs differ from the common Ithna-Ashari values and are quite liberal to some extent. However, instead of finding ways to divide ourselves, we should respect such differences and use them to learn about one another and become more tolerant. This entire battle of "who is Muslim and who is not" has destroyed the Ummah. Many Muslim countries have ruined themselves due to this. We must unify as a people first before we can progress our nations.

However, people will judge you from the Zahir. I agree that stereotyping does not work. A person with a beard could be a scounderel. Recently, some allegation has emerged about one "Tahir Ashrafi" (you can google it) that he was found drunk and vomiting after visiting a German or US embassy in Islamabad. People say that they can produce a video proof. However, in the case of women, people will judge their character from dressing manner. This is a point of tussle between the east and the west in which various muslim groups are caught. Those who are settled in the west are trying to force it in the east and one of the big cause of schism in pakistan is this 9-11 falseflag imposed cultural transformation on women in the media anchors with a conspiracy involving Musharraf. He may be a part of whiskey drinking pakistanis in boston who brought him and started conspiring when Nawaz Sharif made him the COAS (cheif of army staff). The west cannot impose its values as they dont want to see hijab and it shakes the very foundation of the Francophones.

But the interesting thing is that I do not find a single TV female anchor to be either Shia Ithnashari or Ismaili.

All the anchors without dupatta or Scarf are Sunnis. Even the few from village who entered the media are uncovered - such as Asma Chaudhry. Only one covers hairs, ie Asma Shirazi ... iranian origin name.

The main dynamics is that women in their beauty competition with each other just go blind and this phase begins mainly when the society becomes materialistic, when scarf or minimal dupatta is discarded and too much makeup and mascarra applied. The women do not realize what negative effect his has on the male half of the population. Each woman, trying to cure the attention deficit of her husband to herself, then disturbs the attention of 1000s of other men towards their own wives. Anyone, can see the logical result of this dynamics. The result is the present societies of the west and the Sodom and Gemorrah of the past. Pakistan's anchors have literally gone mad with different makeups and different dresses every single day in that poor country. The media has become a cancerous growth. There is no time given to free science or educational videos.

Much of what is going on in Pakistan is being driven by the sunni segment of the population and the blame on Ithnashari or Ismaili or Bohra is not fair.

It's not that we are personally judging who is Muslim or not, we are simply determining who is Muslim according to the Quran, authenticated Sunnah and authenticated hadiths. For example, we know that someone who has Christian beliefs but says he/she is a Muslim is not really a Muslim.

Yes I agree. You made a valid point there :)

...t, we are simply determining who is Muslim according to the Quran, authenticated Sunnah and authenticated hadiths....

Well, nevertheless you are still judgemental, and hence subjective. My point of view is totally different than yours. A sunnie brothers could be entirely different than yours and/or mine. He might say to you for instance, since you don't accept sunnah (15 rakat salat), hence you aren't true muslim. Or you might say to him, for instance, since you don't believe in the essence of Imamat, then you aren't true muslim. so on and so forth. I'd say, let's not get cought into the technicalities and details. What's important that we all believe in the oneness of Almighty Allah, and to our beloved profet (pbuh) as the last Paighambar, and Hazart Ali the Imam.

I guess you and I are in no place to judge anyone. The only one who can truely know who's right or wrong is the Almighty Allah, and the true judge and just. So, I say again, let's just leave it to him. And you and I shouldn't care if someone is not so true muslim, after all it's up to them how good/true muslim are they, wouldn't you agree?

loooool

If Ithna-Ashari can believe that the 12th Imam is still alive. I think it is more logical to believe that Aga Khan is the Immam of Zamman.

Edited by msabiri

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

In between this ongoing discussion, there is something I wish to say. I'm a Shia Imami Ismaili Nizari Muslim and I respect all the sects in Islam. All the Islamic sects have their own beliefs and their own customs in Islam. If we all start judging all the sects by our own beliefs then we would find everyone, except ourselves as Non-Muslims. Like, a Sunni Muslim doesn't believe in Imamat. So, if he is judged according a Shia's belief of Imamat, he won't be regarded as Muslim because this situation is similar to Christians and Jews. Like Christians and Jews don't believe in the Prophets sent by Allah thereafter, in the same way Imamat sent by Allah isn't believed by a Sunni. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I'M NOT CRICISING OR JUDGING ANY MUSLIM SECT. This is just an example I’m giving.

What actually matters in that we all have recited the Kalma and have accepted Allah as the only God and Muhammad (Peace be upon him) as his Prophet.

What we Ismailis believe that there always has to be a present living Imam on the earth for the right interpretation on Quran. For Quran is NOT an ordinary book which can be rightly understood by a common man. Well, I do respect all the interpretations on the Holy Quran, made by different sects of Islam, but I only follow the interpretations my Tariqa teaches me. The way I respect all the sects of Islam and the same way, even I expect everyone to respect each other’s beliefs and customs of Islam (not necessarily follow them).

Let us not get into debate with this and let us all stay united. Like, in the time of Hazrat Ali, when Islam was divided into two sects namely- Shia and Sunni. So, when Shias showed their readiness to fight for the Caliphate of Hazrat Ali, Hazrat Ali forbade them saying that he would wish to let go the Caliphate but can’t afford to see fights amongst the Muslims.

I being an Ismaili Muslim can debate with the Aayats of Quran that there has to be a living Imam every time for the right interpretation of Quran and in the same way, even other Muslims can debate and try proving their faith and beliefs as true and THIS WILL GO ON AND ON.

Besides, who is a perfect judge other than Allah?

So, lets stay united and live as brothers and sisters.

And please, stop using the word ‘Khoja’ hereafter. I’m an Ismaili but not Khoja. I’m a Shia Imami Ismaili Nizari Muslim. Khoja is actually a corrupted word from ‘Khwaja’, which was a title given by our Pir from Iran who migrated to India to spread Islam and drive Hindus to Islam many, many years ago. This was many years ago and so now, Khoja word is no longer valid. You’ll also find Ismailis who are not converted and have originally believed in Imamat from the time of Prophet or the later Imams. Some Ismailis who don't possess enough knowledge on Islam still call themselves as 'Khoja'. But, it’s actually Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and not ‘Khoja’.

Khuda Hafiz

If Ithna-Ashari can believe that the 12th Imam is still alive. I think it is more logical to believe that Aga Khan is the Immam of Zamman.

Actually it's not logical because your argument is because that person is alive and can be seen he is a imam besides what his beliefs are and what he does and his aqlaq, but believing in someone who truly is bringing peace on earth, infallible, perfect role mode, the logic in shia Islam and its doctrine, but because he can't be seen its illogical.

Now that's illogical because how can you believe in a god that can't be seen if you truly are Muslim, or how about Jesus? Can you truly show me what literally happy sad emotions look like, in its literal form? No, but we can still see its affect, and we know its there. What ignorance....

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

In between this ongoing discussion, there is something I wish to say. I'm a Shia Imami Ismaili Nizari Muslim and I respect all the sects in Islam. All the Islamic sects have their own beliefs and their own customs in Islam. If we all start judging all the sects by our own beliefs then we would find everyone, except ourselves as Non-Muslims. Like, a Sunni Muslim doesn't believe in Imamat. So, if he is judged according a Shia's belief of Imamat, he won't be regarded as Muslim because this situation is similar to Christians and Jews. Like Christians and Jews don't believe in the Prophets sent by Allah thereafter, in the same way Imamat sent by Allah isn't believed by a Sunni. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I'M NOT CRICISING OR JUDGING ANY MUSLIM SECT. This is just an example I’m giving.

What actually matters in that we all have recited the Kalma and have accepted Allah as the only God and Muhammad (Peace be upon him) as his Prophet.

What we Ismailis believe that there always has to be a present living Imam on the earth for the right interpretation on Quran. For Quran is NOT an ordinary book which can be rightly understood by a common man. Well, I do respect all the interpretations on the Holy Quran, made by different sects of Islam, but I only follow the interpretations my Tariqa teaches me. The way I respect all the sects of Islam and the same way, even I expect everyone to respect each other’s beliefs and customs of Islam (not necessarily follow them).

Let us not get into debate with this and let us all stay united. Like, in the time of Hazrat Ali, when Islam was divided into two sects namely- Shia and Sunni. So, when Shias showed their readiness to fight for the Caliphate of Hazrat Ali, Hazrat Ali forbade them saying that he would wish to let go the Caliphate but can’t afford to see fights amongst the Muslims.

I being an Ismaili Muslim can debate with the Aayats of Quran that there has to be a living Imam every time for the right interpretation of Quran and in the same way, even other Muslims can debate and try proving their faith and beliefs as true and THIS WILL GO ON AND ON.

Besides, who is a perfect judge other than Allah?

So, lets stay united and live as brothers and sisters.

And please, stop using the word ‘Khoja’ hereafter. I’m an Ismaili but not Khoja. I’m a Shia Imami Ismaili Nizari Muslim. Khoja is actually a corrupted word from ‘Khwaja’, which was a title given by our Pir from Iran who migrated to India to spread Islam and drive Hindus to Islam many, many years ago. This was many years ago and so now, Khoja word is no longer valid. You’ll also find Ismailis who are not converted and have originally believed in Imamat from the time of Prophet or the later Imams. Some Ismailis who don't possess enough knowledge on Islam still call themselves as 'Khoja'. But, it’s actually Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims and not ‘Khoja’.

Khuda Hafiz

Salaam brother, I have the highest respect for the Ismaili community in all their different sects.

I was under the impression that Khoja's were a separate community from the followers of the Aga Khan?

I would be very interested in your opinion of how the Quran states there must be a living Imam for every time as to me it seems the only logical way Islam can stay relevant in our constantly evolving society.

Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheem

Well, I’m giving this reply because our brother with alias Perfectionist asked for knowledge and sounds like he is interested in knowing something and NOT INTERESTED IN HAVING A DEBATE.

Read this TILL END if you really want to know.

We say that Allah is the most Beneficent and the most merciful. It’s 110% percent true. Of all the mercy He has sent to the mankind, one of those is Hidayat (Guidance). Allah is never deprived mankind of guidance. Each Prophet which was sent by Allah always has never left this world without declaring or appointing his next successor. It has always happened that Allah has sent one revelation after other according to the change in time. So, change has to be made in the guidance according to time without changing the essence of the religion.

Well brother, let’s start with a question- Why didn't Allah revel Quran on you and me or everyone else? If he would have revealed it on everybody of us then everybody would have read that book and thus there would be no clashes. But, any wise person would answer that a common person is not capable of making the right interpretation of Quran.

Allah says:

Law anzalna hatha alqur-anaAAala jabalin laraaytahu khashiAAan mutasaddiAAanmin khashyati Allah......

Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and split asunder (crumbling) by the fear of Allah....

[Al-Hashr, 59:21]

Means, that this book is so powerful, that even if it would have been revealed on a strong mountain than that mountain would have been apart in pieces. This also means that Quran in NO ordinary book and is thoroughly out of capacity of a common man to rightly interpret it.

So, He reveled the THE COMPLETE BOOK (Quran) on Prophet Muhammad. Prophet Muhammad was not just the messenger of Allah, he was also the teacher of Quran. Now, Quran was revealed in Arabic, which was no foreign for Arabs, and every guidance is straight away told in Quran then too why did Allah sent a teacher (Prophet himself) with this book? This is clearly an indication that no common man can rightly interpret the glorious Quran.

Allah says:

.....qad jaakummina Allahi noorun wakitabun mubeen

There hath come to you from Allah a (new) light and a perspicuous Book.

(Surah Al-‘Mai’dah’ Verse 15)

Which Noor did He send along with Quran ? The answer is Prophet Muhammad. Just like in darkness you can’t make out the right path, then without Noor (light) how can one make out the true interpretation of Quran?

Now, Prophet said in his Hadith “Ana wa Aliyyin min Noorin Wahid” (I and Ali are from one Noor). After him, Hazrat Ali was the right interpreter of Quran. All the Imams always have appointed their next successor. These successors are the true interpreters of Quran since they are also the Noor sent by Allah.

And Allah says:

Yureedoona liyutfi-oo noora Allahibi-afwahihim waAllahu mutimmu noorihi walawkariha alkafiroon

Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

[surah As Saff:8]

And the history is the witness that there have been several attempts to kill Prophet Muhammad, Hazrat Ali and the later Imams including Imam Ismail and his descendants, but all of them have proved UNsuccessful. AND OUR HAZAR IMAM (PRINCE AGAKHAN) IS THE DIRECT DECENDANT OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND HAZARAT ALI, THE AHLE-BAIT and the later Imams.

Allah says:

Thumma awrathna alkitaba allatheenaistafayna min AAibadina….

Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such of Our Servants as We have chosen….

[surah Fatir 35:32]

Who are the chosen people Allah is talking about? Who are these people who have inherited Quran? Allah further says:

Inna Allaha istafa adamawanoohan waala ibraheema waala AAimranaAAala alAAalameen

Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people…

[surah Al Imran:33]

Family of Imran (Abu Talib) includes his son Hazrat Ali. AGAIN I'M REPEATING THAT AND OUR HAZAR IMAM (AGAKHAN) IS THE DIRECT DESCENDANT OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND HAZARAT ALI.

Allah says:

….wakulla shay-in ahsaynahu fee imamin mubeen

….AND WE HAVE VESTED EVERYTHING (THE KNOWLEDGE AND AUTHORITY) IN THE MANIFEST IMAM

[surah Ya Sin:12]

Manifest means the one whom you can see with your two physical eyes. Means he should always be present. Only then you can see him with your eyes.

While going Prophet Muhammad tells in Hadith Thaqalayn:

“Indeed I leave 2 things behind (after my passing away) for my Ummah (Islamic Nation or Islamic Community) to follow, which if you strictly adhere to, you shall never go astray, Quran and Ahle-Bait (People of the House)”

Even though Guidance (Quran) was fully revealed, Prophet appointed Hazrat Ali as his successor because a community always needs a leader to guide them.

Once again I repeat, OUR HAZAR IMAM (PRINCE AGAKHAN) IS THE DIRECT DECENDANT OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND HAZARAT ALI, THE Ahle-Bait and the later Imams.

When Prophet Musa went to Koh-e-Toor only for 40 days, he appointed Harun (Aaron) the leader of the community till he returns and again re-leads them. So, how can a true Imam leave his community unguided?

Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa'ala Ali Muhammad

I apologize if in my explanation unknowingly I’ve hurt feelings or faith or belief of my any Muslim brother. I’ve given this reply only because one of our brothers wanted to know that why do we regard Shah Karim Al-Hussaini (Agakhan) as our Imam. I request all the Muslim brothers stay united just like in the time of Prophet and please don’t pass judgements for each other and accept each other’s differences.

Allah says-“…and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another.”

WaSalam

Thank you brother, I have more questions if you don't mind.

There is much criticism of the Aga Khan, in particular with regards to his immense wealth, extravagant lifestyle and colourful past history. How does the Nizari community relate to this, especially as Imam Ali lived such a simple life.

Thank you brother, I have more questions if you don't mind.

There is much criticism of the Aga Khan, in particular with regards to his immense wealth, extravagant lifestyle and colourful past history. How does the Nizari community relate to this, especially as Imam Ali lived such a simple life.

(Please do visit all the hyperlinks provided below)

Well brother, Islam has never shown a prohibition to being wealthy. There were even the Caliphs after the time of Prophet Muhammad (for Sunnis) and yet they were the leaders of the Sunni community.

There was a time when Shia Ismaili Imams along with religious authority also had worldly authority. It was the Fatimid period. They were the Caliphs at that time. Developments in various fields such as mathematics, trigonometry, algebra, chemistry, architecture, etc were made during that period. Click below to know more:

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/fati/hd_fati.htm

https://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/arshadmolwani-302921-ismaili-history-entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/

http://islamic-arts.org/2012/architecture-of-the-fatimid/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatimid_Caliphate

http://archnet.org/library/images/sites.jsp?select=style&key=Fatimid&order_by=site_name&collection_id=-1&showdescription=1

Our previous Imam SIR SULTAN MUHAMMAD SHAH Aga Khan was the 1st PRESIDENT OF All-INDIA MUSLIM LEAGUE. There were all high profile Muslim leaders from all over India (India+Pakistan) present in that league and they elected him as their president. Later, has also served as the president of league of Nations.

http://aligarhmovement.com/karwaan_e_aligarh/agha_khan/first_president_of_Muslim_League

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan_III

His son Prince Aly Khan (not an Imam) served as PAKISTAN's representative to the UNITED NATIONS, where he became a VICE PRESIDENT of the General Assembly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Aly_Khan

Right now, our present Imam SHAH KARIM AL-HUSAYNI AgaKhan is also working to serve humanity alongside his ismaili Jamat. There are plenty of various titles, awards and degrees he has received from various MUSLIM and NON-MUSLIM countries and Insha-Allah will always be receiving. These awards also include keys to various nations.

For his titles and awards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan_IV#Titles_and_styles

http://www.akdn.org/

http://www.iis.ac.uk/

So, our Imam is not only prominent in the Muslim world, but is also well-known in the western world where people are not abruptly ready to even talk with the Muslims.

Ismailism believes in both "Zahir" and "Batin". It teaches to balance worldly and spiritual life just the way Prophet meditated in the cave Hira (Batin) and also followed Islam in Zahir. So, Ismailism is also well-known among the Sufis. Abeeda Parveen recites a Ginan- "Aaj raaj Mubarak hove" in the presence of Imam Shah Karim Al-Husayni:

All the high profile and powerful Muslim and Non-Muslim leaders know and respect our Imams very well since the ancient times. After all, they are the decendents of the Prophet, Hazrat Ali and the Ahle-Bayt.

Wa Salaam

When you want to know the interpretation of a verse of the Qur'an, how do you go about it? Has your Imam written a tafsir (if so, is there a link available for it?) or he he taught it's interpretation to other scholars who you go to when you need to know?

(Please do visit all the hyperlinks provided below)

Well brother, Islam has never shown a prohibition to being wealthy. There were even the Caliphs after the time of Prophet Muhammad (for Sunnis) and yet they were the leaders of the Sunni community.

There was a time when Shia Ismaili Imams along with religious authority also had worldly authority. It was the Fatimid period. They were the Caliphs at that time. Developments in various fields such as mathematics, trigonometry, algebra, chemistry, architecture, etc were made during that period. Click below to know more:

https://www.metmuseu...ati/hd_fati.htm

https://www.authorst...ppt-powerpoint/

http://islamic-arts....of-the-fatimid/

https://en.wikipedia...timid_Caliphate

http://archnet.org/l...sp?select=style&key=Fatimid&order_by=site_name&collection_id=-1&showdescription=1

Our previous Imam SIR SULTAN MUHAMMAD SHAH Aga Khan was the 1st PRESIDENT OF All-INDIA MUSLIM LEAGUE. There were all high profile Muslim leaders from all over India (India+Pakistan) present in that league and they elected him as their president. Later, has also served as the president of league of Nations.

http://aligarhmoveme...f_Muslim_League

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Aga_Khan_III

His son Prince Aly Khan (not an Imam) served as PAKISTAN's representative to the UNITED NATIONS, where he became a VICE PRESIDENT of the General Assembly.

https://en.wikipedia...Prince_Aly_Khan

Right now, our present Imam SHAH KARIM AL-HUSAYNI AgaKhan is also working to serve humanity alongside his ismaili Jamat. There are plenty of various titles, awards and degrees he has received from various MUSLIM and NON-MUSLIM countries and Insha-Allah will always be receiving. These awards also include keys to various nations.

For his titles and awards: https://en.wikipedia...tles_and_styles

http://www.akdn.org/

http://www.iis.ac.uk/

So, our Imam is not only prominent in the Muslim world, but is also well-known in the western world where people are not abruptly ready to even talk with the Muslims.

Ismailism believes in both "Zahir" and "Batin". It teaches to balance worldly and spiritual life just the way Prophet meditated in the cave Hira (Batin) and also followed Islam in Zahir. So, Ismailism is also well-known among the Sufis. Abeeda Parveen recites a Ginan- "Aaj raaj Mubarak hove" in the presence of Imam Shah Karim Al-Husayni:

All the high profile and powerful Muslim and Non-Muslim leaders know and respect our Imams very well since the ancient times. After all, they are the decendents of the Prophet, Hazrat Ali and the Ahle-Bayt.

Wa Salaam

Yes brother, I am aware and very impressed with the work of the Ismaili's and the Aga Khan. I am particularly proud of how your community presents such a positive image of Islam to the rest of the world, something which is rare with other Shia.

What I mean is this, the Aga Khan could do much more good work if he lived a simple life. He could stop spending money on Yachts and Jets and Racehorses and instead use it build even more Schools and Hospitals, could he not.

There is also controversy over how this money is collected. I have heard that Ismailis are forced to give 10-15% of their income to the Aga Khan?

Yes brother, I am aware and very impressed with the work of the Ismaili's and the Aga Khan. I am particularly proud of how your community presents such a positive image of Islam to the rest of the world, something which is rare with other Shia.

What I mean is this, the Aga Khan could do much more good work if he lived a simple life. He could stop spending money on Yachts and Jets and Racehorses and instead use it build even more Schools and Hospitals, could he not.

There is also controversy over how this money is collected. I have heard that Ismailis are forced to give 10-15% of their income to the Aga Khan?

Well brother, I appreciate the high level of understanding you have. I agree that what you say might be correct. You are right from your point of view. But, this is a point of controversy and many people have many different opinions. Allow me to explain.

The jets, horses, etc. what some people are talking about are either his investments or modes of transport. A person needs a mode of earning for survival. AgaKhan has horse breeding business, some properties and many other businesses for his survival. Majority part of his income goes to the institutions. It seems that he lives a lavish life because he possess jets. Well, he invests in the transport to save time. He sleeps for just 4 hours in the night. He is found to be busy with his files even in the jet while travelling and is found to go from one room to other in his office with large heaps of files in his hands. In this busy schedule how can an individual afford to waste time in travelling? The more time he’ll spend in travelling, the less will he be able to solve issues of AKDN and Islam. Right now, many of his businesses are also showing losses because he is concentrating more on AKDN issues than his own business or personal issues. Like, in the time of Prophet Muhammad, camels were wealth. Prophet traded with the camels. He was also rich and wealthy. And Prophet also used the fastest possible transport (Camels) for travelling during his time. This would save his time and he could utilize that time for the religion.

Regarding the money Ismaili jamat gives, it is the Zakat (also known as Dasond by some people). Just like only Prophet Muhammad had the right to take Zakat, the same way the present Imam has his right on the zakat.

Allah says:

Khuth min amwalihim sadaqatantutahhiruhum watuzakkeehim biha wasalliAAalayhim inna salataka sakanun lahum waAllahusameeAAun AAaleemun

“Take, [O, Mohammed], from their wealth a charity by which you purify them and cause them increase, and invoke [ Allah 's blessings] upon them. Indeed, your invocations are reassurance for them. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.”

[surah At Taubah:103]

The money associated with jets, horses and other investments is his own money. The money which goes to AKDN and other religious issues is from majority part of his income and the zakat which Ismaili jamat gives. Suppose you find a poor boy on a street. If you’ll give him some money, it will be of little help to him and in no way eliminate his poverty. He will still remain poor. But, if the money with which you wish to help the child is utilized in giving him food and educating him, then a day will come when the child will stand on his own feet and thus poverty will be eliminated from the root. This the way we Ismailis think.

It may happen that some people might not agree with what I say. But, my opinion will always remain the same. After all, it's the matter of a person's faith. A person will see what he wishes to see. A glass containing 50% of water will be seen as "Half FULL glass" by some people and "Half EMPTY glass" by some people. People will see what they wish to see. If there's something more you might like to know, then I recommend you to ask an Ismaili missionary.

When you want to know the interpretation of a verse of the Qur'an, how do you go about it? Has your Imam written a tafsir (if so, is there a link available for it?) or he he taught it's interpretation to other scholars who you go to when you need to know?

During his visit he makes Farmans which are followed by Ismaili Jamat. The Farmans contain worldly and Spiritual guidance. These Farmans are always within the context of Quran just the Prophet Muhammad used to give guidance within the context of Quran in his time. The Farmans are not disclosed in public. However, the speeches made in the public are available to public. For the speeches, you can visit: http://www.akdn.org/speeches . Ya, missionaries are trained for the interpretation of Quran under our Imam and the Ismaili religious board which is under his guidance. The missionaries then go to the Jamat to teach them. Different missionaries will teach different subjects

Edited by Arlene

hey, people who say bad to Ismailism they are all wrong because Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W said "Min kun tum moula fahazun ali un moula"its means (Main jis ka moula hun ali bhi us ka moula hai) hey sunnies listen Hzrat Ali A.S was cousin of Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W and Hazir Imam has noor of Hazrat Ali A.S and also Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W said before wafat "I m leaving 2 things for muslims one is Quran and second is Imamat".Hazrat Mohammad also said that "Quran is alive book number one that the Allah has written this book and second it indecates to Imam(Ismaili imam)"Is there any spritual muslim leader alive?NO but one Muslim spritual leader is alive and he is Imam(ismaili imam)named Aga khan and he is muslim if you people having dout so go and learn Quran from your parents with translation.Aga khan helps every one from schools to hospitals and other things dont accused the Imam Aga khan some Ismaili people are not good and sunnies photoshop things into bad things,other people bacame fool and write bad things abount Ismailism.Hey Sunnies again i m telling you go and learn Quran from your parents and remember one thing.If you are telling something to Imam you are telling to Hazrat mohammad and if you are telling something to Hazrat Mohammad then you are telling to Imam because the Ismailism is started from Hazrat ali A.S and Hazrat Ali A.S was the cousin of Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W. My name is AZAZ and i have learned the Quran with translation.I also respect sunnies but when they say bad things i became angry.

Edited by Naz_
Language.