Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
VeniVidiVici

Bihaar Al-Anwar's reliability

Rate this topic

"It was narrated that [ Imam ] Jafar Ibn Muhamad p.b.u.h said : The prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h used to put his face between the breasts of [ his daughter ] Fatima before going to sleep"

Bihaar al-Anwar, vol. 43, p. 78

"(Narrated) al-Hussain bin Ali bin Yaqteen said: I asked Abul-Hassan about the permissibility for the man to have anal sex with women, he said: It was made halal (permissible) in the Book of Allah, when (Prophet) Lot said: 11:78 Here are my daughters, they are purer for you and he knew it was not the vagina they were after." [Tafseer al-Ayyashi, vol.1, p.157; Bihaar al-Anwaar vol.21, p.98; Tafseer al-Burhaan vol.2, p.230]

Ali Ibn Abi Talib said that he once slept with the prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h and his wife Ayesha in one bed, and under one cover, then the prophet woke up to pray, and left them together [Ali and Ayesha] in the same bed, under the same cover" (Bihaar al-Anwar vol. 40, p. 2)

Based on what I believe the Shi'i sect to be, I'd say these three contradict what we stand for, so what's up with this? Is it incorrectly translated, or is this person simply not reliable?

(bismillah)

Biharul Anwar is just a collection of all hadithes Allama Majlisi could find. He compiled them in one place so that they could be researched on later on. He did not check the hadithes reliability or anything and just put them together. So Biharul Anwar is just a collection of all hadithes, fabricated and all. So if a hadith is from Biharul Anwar we need to check its authenticity before accepting it.

(salam)

Not all of our hadiths are Sahih (authentic). Some of them are in fact crazy and ridiculous as you have posted above. But the only reason why we keep those hadiths is to have proof that those people existed. Furthermore, everytime you read a hadith, put the Quran in front of it to decide whether it is right or wrong. For Example,

Ali Ibn Abi Talib said that he once slept with the prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h and his wife Ayesha in one bed, and under one cover, then the prophet woke up to pray, and left them together [Ali and Ayesha] in the same bed, under the same cover" (Bihaar al-Anwar vol. 40, p. 2)

This of course is a fake hadith because in the Quran it clearly states that the wives of the Prophet are the mothers of the believers, meaning one cannot marry them after the Prophet has married them and therefore there is no way that they can become Mahram to another man, (unless they breastfeed a child under two years of age and than it grows up it would be mahram to them). So therefore it is impossible that this hadith is correct because the Prophet would not allow such a thing because they were not Mahram to each other.

So basically, if a hadith contradicts the Quran, the hadith is fake and rubbish.

Also, use common sense, you really think that the Prophet would actually let another man, who is his successor, sleep with his wife? Like come on...

Edited by Tayyeb_Jaan

"(Narrated) al-Hussain bin Ali bin Yaqteen said: I asked Abul-Hassan about the permissibility for the man to have anal sex with women, he said: It was made halal (permissible) in the Book of Allah, when (Prophet) Lot said: 11:78 Here are my daughters, they are purer for you and he knew it was not the vagina they were after." [Tafseer al-Ayyashi, vol.1, p.157; Bihaar al-Anwaar vol.21, p.98; Tafseer al-Burhaan vol.2, p.230]

(salam)

Can anyone elaborate on this, it kinda makes sense, though it would be makruh.

Edited by Tayyeb_Jaan

(bismillah)

Biharul Anwar is just a collection of all hadithes Allama Majlisi could find. He compiled them in one place so that they could be researched on later on. He did not check the hadithes reliability or anything and just put them together. So Biharul Anwar is just a collection of all hadithes, fabricated and all. So if a hadith is from Biharul Anwar we need to check its authenticity before accepting it.

Oh, okay, thanks for the explanation.

(salam)

Not all of our hadiths are Sahih (authentic). Some of them are in fact crazy and ridiculous as you have posted above. But the only reason why we keep those hadiths is to have proof that those people existed. Furthermore, everytime you read a hadith, put the Quran in front of it to decide whether it is right or wrong. For Example,

This of course is a fake hadith because in the Quran it clearly states that the wives of the Prophet are the mothers of the believers, meaning one cannot marry them after the Prophet has married them and therefore there is no way that they can become Mahram to another man, (unless they breastfeed a child under two years of age and than it grows up it would be mahram to them). So therefore it is impossible that this hadith is correct because the Prophet would not allow such a thing because they were not Mahram to each other.

So basically, if a hadith contradicts the Quran, the hadith is fake and rubbish.

Also, use common sense, you really think that the Prophet would actually let another man, who is his successor, sleep with his wife? Like come on...

I knew that it contradicted the Imam and Prophet's nature, that's why I questioned the whole book in the first place. But the thing was, I heard that Bihaar Al-Anwar is a Shi'i hadith, thus I asked for an explanation as to why a Shi'i book would include this rubbish. No need to get all patronising with me.

These so-called ahadith have been refuted. Do a search.

Where at, lol? Majority of all Islamic websites, books, articles are written by Sunnis. Their side is biased, if anything they're the ones claiming this hadith as being very authentic with Shi'i scholars. I really don't understand why you people are so condescending . . . .

Edited by VeniVidiVici

"It was narrated that [ Imam ] Jafar Ibn Muhamad p.b.u.h said : The prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h used to put his face between the breasts of [ his daughter ] Fatima before going to sleep"

Bihaar al-Anwar, vol. 43, p. 78

æÚä ÌÚÝÑ Èä ãÍãÏ ÚáíåãÇ ÇáÓáÇã ÞÇá ßÇä ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÇáå áÇ íäÇã ÍÊì íÖÚ æÌåå

ÇáßÑíã Èíä ËÏíí ÝÇØãÉ ÚáíåÇ ÇáÓáÇã

The narration doesn't have any sanad.

^The narration is mursal in tafsir books.

The sanad from al-Istibsar. . .

ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ Èä ÚíÓì Úä ãæÓì Èä ÚÈÏ Çáãáß æÇáÍÓä Èä Úáí Èä íÞØíä Úä ãæÓì Èä ÚÈÏ Çáãáß Úä ÑÌá ÞÇá: ÓÃáÊ ÃÈÇ ÚÈÏ ÇáÍÓä ÇáÑÖÇ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã Úä ÅÊíÇä ÇáÑÌá ÇáãÑÃÉ ãä ÎáÝåÇ Ýí ÏÈÑåÇ ÝÞÇá: ÃÍáÊåÇ (1) ÂíÉ ãä ßÊÇÈ Çááå ÊÚÇáì Þæá áæØ Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã: (åÄáÇÁ ÈäÇÊí åä ÃØåÑ áßã) æÞÏ Úáã Ãäåã áÇ íÑíÏæä ÇáÝÑÌ.

The chain isn't sahih b/c of unknown primary narrator (ÑÌá).

This one is originally from al-Ihtijaj and it's also mursal.

w/s

Edited by Jondab_Azdi

I know this an old topic but the "Shia" person who started this thread VeniVidiVici is obviously a liar and a trouble maker who wants to cause a stir on this site. For "She" posted 3 times in 2009 and left so I doubt this person is a "Shia Muslim" like they claim. They can't even spell Britain properly, the country they supposedly live in. In any matter, What book of Allah are you talking about? The book of Allah is the Quran. And nowhere in the Quran does it say to have sexual intercourse anally. And Abu al-Hassan al-Kharaqani is a Sufi, and I have a hard time trusting Sufi's if I am completely honest with you, maybe I'll change my mind one day, who knows. But for now I don't. And I certainly don't trust you.