Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Am i allowed to do this?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
gnr said:
Am i allowed to rub my aunt's feet and give her a massage?

My aunt usually asks me to rub her feet and i don't want to desrespect her so i do it, but is this permissabe?

(salam)

It depends, if she is Mahram, meaning if she is your mother or father's sister, than yes you can do it. But if you mean, Uncle's wife by aunt than no, it is not permissible as she is Non-Mahram.

• Basic Members

shes my moms sister.

and no i don't mind doing it. i was just curious because i rub her feet pretty often.

gnr said:
shes my moms sister.

and no i don't mind doing it. i was just curious because i rub her feet pretty often.

also , what if it was my cousin, my aunts daughter.

• Veteran Member
gnr said:
Am i allowed to rub my aunt's feet and give her a massage?

My aunt usually asks me to rub her feet and i don't want to desrespect her so i do it, but is this permissabe?

Well since you're sunni, I'm not sure what your Aalims think(since we disagree on who we think are Mahrams). Thought I WOULD recommend you to massage her through a piece of cloth so that your hands do not come in direct contact with your aunt's feet, that is acceptable by both fiqhs.

(wasalam)

• Veteran Member
Wow, seriously? It's just his aunt...so why would it be wrong?

It's cool, nothing wrong! :lol:

But, since he belongs to a different sect, I advised him to take an obligatory precaution of using a cloth, since I do not know what his sect says in this matter (as it might not consider an aunt as a mahram)

Sorry for being discriminatory.

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

Edited by Basim Ali
  • Advanced Member
be a man get some real JOB rather rubbing feets lolllllllllllllllll

:lol: omg please excuse my horrible humor

:lol: bro your sad! i wouldnt be surprized if YOU didnt have a real job :P buh dont mind me tho... that quote is quite funni if i must say so! lolz no offenz to our otha brotha!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
It's cool, nothing wrong! :lol:

But, since he belongs to a different sect, I advised him to take an obligatory precaution of using a cloth, since I do not know what his sect says in this matter (as it might not consider an aunt as a mahram)

Sorry for being discriminatory.

Sunnis also consider a direct aunt to be mahram. It's in the Qur'an. 24:31

• 6 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On July 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Maryaam said:

^^^ What if she is old and arthritic and in pain and you are supplying her relief?

In the case of physical therapy, the practice of medicine, or providing relief, many things that would otherwise be non-permissible are allowed. Just like you would accept a male doctor examining a woman for breast cancer, or even delivering a baby, there should be absolutely no problem with such physical contact or exposure. 

I remember hearing a quote from Imam Khomeini that the best indicator as to whether something is permissible is your conscience (الضمير). You know whether your intentions are pure, selfless, and positive, or whether they are malicious. If there are impure intentions, even touching the hands of your Mahram can be unacceptable.

Edited by jonrhaider
  • Basic Members
On 7/3/2009 at 11:51 AM, Maryaam said:

^^^ What if she is old and arthritic and in pain and you are supplying her relief?

Look if she is in pain then Islam allows the massaging of feet of a non-mahram. If u are not massaging for purpose of reliving her pain then its haram (because she is non- marham). Hazart nabi Muhammad (PBAHAHF) said its OK because u are providing medical help to someone. If it was your mother's sis then she be marham. Besides health issues it is haram to touch non- marham feet such as uncle wife.