Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would you marry a religious guy that was poor?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

well........ well well well well well

i already married to someone poor that still in univ, n religious huhuhu... so what should i do? bye bye hubby? (hahaha, nope of course)

we make a living somehow, n if you help other people, Allah will help you somehow

believe me, somehow sometimes its just like magic.. one day we dont have anything at all to eat (AND no bucks at all) at the mornin, n at noon suddenly pop one of our neighbor come n give us a food box that we could use in 2 days

So, if we could get food more than we could eat, we give to our neighbor too, knowing that sometimes they happen to get nothing to eat too

we live in a way that we could not afford to buy any clothes.. but masyaallah, He give us ways, n we have clothes more than enough, just because some of our aquintances are designing T shirt, n they want to share with us the design, or another friend that sells batiks give us some of her new design, or someone just give us

we dont even has that kind of money to buy homes, to buy something like washmachine, but masyaallah, someone give us that machine, n one of my relatives ask us to use her apartment to watch (she is the landlord of several apt).

i could tell you many-many other stories about this, n if i write it again, i still partly ... amazed by the 'magic'

I think the key is believing n grateful to Allah, OF COURSE, we have to work hard, n we did, even though, that job didnt make us rich or whatsoever,

you might imagine teacher in a developing country (didnt pay the teacher enough for the living) n one idealist-stupid-woman that insist to make a living from educational islamic toys (me)

but well, if Allah want to give someone, NOTHING, absolutely nothing will prevent Allah to give him

• Advanced Member

i already married to someone poor that still in univ, n religious huhuhu... so what should i do? bye bye hubby? (hahaha, nope of course)

we make a living somehow, n if you help other people, Allah will help you somehow

believe me, somehow sometimes its just like magic.. one day we dont have anything at all to eat (AND no bucks at all) at the mornin, n at noon suddenly pop one of our neighbor come n give us a food box that we could use in 2 days

So, if we could get food more than we could eat, we give to our neighbor too, knowing that sometimes they happen to get nothing to eat too

we live in a way that we could not afford to buy any clothes.. but masyaallah, He give us ways, n we have clothes more than enough, just because some of our aquintances are designing T shirt, n they want to share with us the design, or another friend that sells batiks give us some of her new design, or someone just give us

we dont even has that kind of money to buy homes, to buy something like washmachine, but masyaallah, someone give us that machine, n one of my relatives ask us to use her apartment to watch (she is the landlord of several apt).

i could tell you many-many other stories about this, n if i write it again, i still partly ... amazed by the 'magic'

I think the key is believing n grateful to Allah, OF COURSE, we have to work hard, n we did, even though, that job didnt make us rich or whatsoever,

you might imagine teacher in a developing country (didnt pay the teacher enough for the living) n one idealist-stupid-woman that insist to make a living from educational islamic toys (me)

but well, if Allah want to give someone, NOTHING, absolutely nothing will prevent Allah to give him

May Allah bless u n ur hubby :)

Rich & Non-Religious < Poor & Religious

Dunya < Akhirah.

(:

[EDIT] Wait... did I get that right? The < crocodile-thing eats the big & better one... right? ._.

Edited by 3alawiyeh

• Advanced Member

Since when are religious guys ever poor? :)

Like Sis ananda pointed out, Allah s.w.t is the sole sustainer for everyone, infact, I'd love to live like that myself, just about making ends meet is better than earning billions day in day out - money is a burden. The issue of money really does become trivial in my opinion. However, im not denying its something you completly don't take into consideration.

Either way, a Mo'min is rich in this dunya and akhira, being rich doesn't necessarily only apply when you have a lot of money. :squeez:

• Basic Members

Assalam Alaikum

I'm so glad you wrote, ur msg is beautiful. I think ur way of life is a great example (esp. for this thread) of an ideal islamic way of life.

May Allah shower ur marriage with His blessings eternally

• Advanced Member

Assalam Alaikum

I'm so glad you wrote, ur msg is beautiful. I think ur way of life is a great example (esp. for this thread) of an ideal islamic way of life.

May Allah shower ur marriage with His blessings eternally

thank you for your dua n compliment, but my way of life is not an ideal islamic way of life

theres so much more people out there that much more suitable for this title, my way of life froth with problems, and its worldly

i bet there wont be much people will like always use gifted things, n theres lots of frustation n humiliation .. yeah

n manytimes we go astrays from Allah n that could give anyone a big stress

i just dont want to disgrace my family here,

i suggest you to look at ma'soomeen family or ayatollah family for a good example

• Basic Members

Salam sister,

Hope u r well insh. To an outsider who loves Islam but is used to being over - exposed to worldy ideals of married life, and has not come across a living (layman) example of a couple carrying out a humble existence based on that of our amazing infallibles, yes your story does sound like an ideal example....for Me that is - everyone is different. 'Ideal' isn't that big when, like me, you c infallibles as the 'ultimate' example. Frankly, after going through some of the opinions on the thread, coming across your optimistic outlook despite your clearly challenging scenario was a breath of fresh air, that's all. Of course I look at the examples of our infallibles and ayatollahs, but neither are likely to be posting here any time soon! :D No seriously, it's different when it comes from an equal. And of course I know nothing is perfect but your post suggests that your values and intentions are in the right place, which (at least in my world) is rarer to find than you think. And, as I understand it, the reward for all that difficulty you go through will be so much more cos it's done for the sake of our Almighty

love and du'as

your sister

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

well your gonna marry the guy not his money and if he has a good personality and you like him and he's well repected and religious then why not, isn't the mans personality kmuch more important then his income,

this is just my view

• Veteran Member

well your gonna marry the guy not his money and if he has a good personality and you like him and he's well repected and religious then why not, isn't the mans personality kmuch more important then his income,

this is just my view

Money is socio-economic standing. Socio-economic standing shapes your personality. Hence money is personality [as a general rule].

I have not accounted for religious observance or the strength of one's faith in the equation above.

• 2 years later...

(salam)

I won't really blame sisters if they were to refuse such a marriage. Over the years we have all been taught that It is the man who is the breadwinner of the house, therefore if he doesn't guarantee a steady income, marriage may not be feasible. But then again, I wonder how such marriages took place so frequently during the time of the Prophet (pbuh) ...

But I know for sure that if there's a mumina who's poor with regards to money, but rich as far as her religious education is concerned, I will not hesitate for a second to marry her. I'm pretty sure her humility is unmatched, especially when you compare it with that of girls who've done PhD. or something... These women have too high a standard for the man they wish to marry...

• Advanced Member

Salam

It's not the parents' job to support their married children, and it's not fair to put that financial burden on them. How selfish can you be, seriously. Why should parents take over the man's obligated task of supporting his own family? Instead of plotting how you can mooch off your parents, how about using your head and finding a husband who can take care of you instead of giving your parents yet another person they need to pay for?

Sorry but you pissed me off with this comment...and it has no basis in Islam whatsoever

I'm a realistic person...I see bills that need paying, kids that need food and we all need to drink...it'd be stupid to totally disreagrd the needs of life just so one can come of as a morally correct person in a naïve society's eye. There's nothing wrong with your morals just because you value financial stability. And just because you value financial stability doesn't mean you're compromising on your faith or the level of iman you require in your significant other.

And oh yeah, yes, lack of education is often the main reason as to why people are poor, become poor or stay poor...so it's an oxymoron to say you can accept poverty but not lack of education. There's a difference between being intelligent and being educated...intelligence is more an ingrown ability...but getting the education if what stimulates this ability

Wow! So much arrogance! May Allah swt be haqqe panjetan e paak a.s. keep me away from women with thinking like yours. Borrow a leaf from sister anada.zahra's book. Do you not know the financial status of our beloved Prophet pbuh when he got married to Ummulmomineen, Khadija a.s? Do you not know the financial status of Ameerulmomineen a.s when he got married to the Lady of light?? Did Bibi Khadija a.s say what you said when she proposed to the Prophet pbuh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4azdSumGa9A&feature=player_embedded

Edited by diracdeltafunc