Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
humblemuslim86

Videos Related to Christianity

Rate this topic

These videos are meant to be comedic. I personally enjoy these because some of them will quote Bible verses during the video as they make claims. Others will mimic the sort of statements you commonly hear from Christians. Seeing as I have quoted a couple of these videos on a Christian forum in response to Christians, I think it is fairly safe to say they are not overly offensive (Otherwise I would have been rebuked by now on that forum). Of course anything can be offense.

Enjoy.

Edited by humblemuslim86

The only way to never be offensive is to never communicate at all. Not practical by any means. If Christians are willing to allow it to remain on their own turf then it is safe to say it is not offensive enough to remain silent about it. I'm sure they are not jumping up and down with joy over them. That is the nature of disagreement. One side rejoices, other does not.

I don't know how you managed to leave those on a Christian site because I've been kicked off of most Christian sites I joined for asking questions they didn't want to answer. I can't see any Christian site not finding the very first vid offensive, then again...offending Christians has little recourse.

When you offend Muslims, flags burn, churches blow up, and people die.

Edited by Son of Placid

I don't know how you managed to leave those on a Christian site because I've been kicked off of most Christian sites I joined for asking questions they didn't want to answer. I can't see any Christian site not finding the very first vid offensive, then again...offending Christians has little recourse.

I have discussed religion on this large forum for several years. In all my time there I have only received one warning that involved a reaction I had towards someone that was purposely baiting/flaming. The site is very active and has people of all faiths (Mostly Christians obviously). If you think those videos are offensive you should see the kinds of posts atheists make on the forum. Even their posts go mostly unchanged. Additionally you should see the kinds of things some select Christians will post about Islam. They make these videos look like child's play.

One of the reasons I have stayed as long as I have is sometimes I do get through to some of the people that hold deep hatred for Islam. Sometimes it requires the use of videos like these to make a point. That point usually involving self-reflection, since many of their arguments are self-damaging.

Of course there are a few people that are beyond help. One such person told everyone that he is an expert in Qur'anic Arabic. Then he claimed Al-Kitab means The Holy Bible. If you do not know already, Al-Kitab literally means "the book". Of course sometimes the Qur'an uses the words to describe other religious books as in "People of the Book".

Edited by humblemuslim86

These videos are meant to be comedic. I personally enjoy these because some of them will quote Bible verses during the video as they make claims. Others will mimic the sort of statements you commonly hear from Christians. Seeing as I have quoted a couple of these videos on a Christian forum in response to Christians, I think it is fairly safe to say they are not overly offensive (Otherwise I would have been rebuked by now on that forum). Of course anything can be offense.

Enjoy.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I personally did not like these videos at all.

What questions would you like to have answered?

Thanks Zufa for agreeing with me.

Comedy sometimes leads to mockery to make it's point. I don't know many Muslims that care to mock Jesus.

What questions would you like to have answered?

One site there was a guy doin the Javy war cry. I asked him how he knew he was saved, and I was gone. I guess some things you just don't ask.

The easiest way to get yourself booted from a Christian site is to ask where in the Bible it clearly states Jesus was God.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Comedy sometimes leads to mockery to make it's point. I don't know many Muslims that care to mock Jesus.

I actually dislike when people are making comedy towards religions, specifically when it comes to Abrahamic religions. (My forgiveness for following statement if it will insult some inviduals) Also i do not understand why some Muslims do not care to protect but actually support more when they see these kind of videos, or videos where people are mocking Jews and Christianity beliefs.

Edited by Zufa

The easiest way to get yourself booted from a Christian site is to ask where in the Bible it clearly states Jesus was God.

How about John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 19:13-16 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword(AI) with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Also, John 20:28 - Thomas answered him,"My Lord and my God!" :)

How about John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 19:13-16 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword(AI) with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Also, John 20:28 - Thomas answered him,"My Lord and my God!" :)

It looks like Maranatha has once again withdrawn his offer. No matter, his job here is not to confirm but to condemn. He must see it as his God given right.

Sorry way2go for taking so long to get back to you.

You are right tho. That is exactly how John 1:1 is translated into English. What's problematic is that the original Greek had no punctuation, and the preposition that was used before "God" in the phrase "Word was with God" is absent in the phrase "Word was God."

This preposition is also absent when Thomas said "and my God"

I've heard it expressed that Thomas was actually using a modern term as in Oh my God, but that is just goofy and not at all true.

The word "God" without the preposition is still in reference to a person worthy to be praised, but the absence of the preposition means they cannot be talking about the one true God.

The "Word of God" is a definite reference to Jesus, as is the word "Logos". "The Word" goes back to the Old testament and if you do a search you will find that it sometimes refers to a written word, but most times in context speaks of a full entity.

Colosians 1:15 describes Jesus this way:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist."

This gives Jesus a very important role from the beginning of time, but as the "first born" not as the ultimate creator.

Paul, who many believe was the founder of the trinitarian belief (and Muslims hate him for it) never did actually say Jesus was God either. Many of his introductions started with giving thanks to God, and The Lord jesus Christ. He never moulded them together.

Jesus himself never actually said He was God. He said things like "I and my Father are one" but He also said He could do nothing without the Father, (normal reference usually included) who is in Heaven. "Our Father, who art in Heaven..." From each similar reference I believe God has never left Heaven.

Jesus admitted he was not all knowing on a few occations. He wasn't ashamed of it, He doted on it. The very fact Jesus prayed to have this cup removed from Him means that He was separate from the Father.

In the same sense Jesus went to sit at the right side of God's throne, not on it. Reason? God sits on His throne, Jesus on his right side. A place of honour for a tremendously faithful servant.

The position of the trinitarian faith puts much emphasis on Jesus being God, and declares it blasphemy if this is not believed, yet has no biblical background as proof. They instill this fear that someone thinking outside the dogma is going to hell for blasphemy, but there again, has no biblical background for it.

If you read your Bible without the dogmatic background you won't find a trinity in the bible.

The big question here is: If Jesus is not actually God, what does it take away from His miraculous birth, all that He taught, all that He did, and His death on the cross? It takes away nothing, Jesus is still very much Jesus. Jesus still lived for us, died for us, and gave us victory over evil.

Praise be to God, In Jesus name!

We can discuss later, but probably better in a new thread. This thread starts out rather blasphemous.

It looks like Maranatha has once again withdrawn his offer. No matter, his job here is not to confirm but to condemn. He must see it as his God given right.

Sorry way2go for taking so long to get back to you.

You are right tho. That is exactly how John 1:1 is translated into English. What's problematic is that the original Greek had no punctuation, and the preposition that was used before "God" in the phrase "Word was with God" is absent in the phrase "Word was God."

This preposition is also absent when Thomas said "and my God"

I've heard it expressed that Thomas was actually using a modern term as in Oh my God, but that is just goofy and not at all true.

The word "God" without the preposition is still in reference to a person worthy to be praised, but the absence of the preposition means they cannot be talking about the one true God.

The "Word of God" is a definite reference to Jesus, as is the word "Logos". "The Word" goes back to the Old testament and if you do a search you will find that it sometimes refers to a written word, but most times in context speaks of a full entity.

Colosians 1:15 describes Jesus this way:

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist."

This gives Jesus a very important role from the beginning of time, but as the "first born" not as the ultimate creator.

Paul, who many believe was the founder of the trinitarian belief (and Muslims hate him for it) never did actually say Jesus was God either. Many of his introductions started with giving thanks to God, and The Lord jesus Christ. He never moulded them together.

Jesus himself never actually said He was God. He said things like "I and my Father are one" but He also said He could do nothing without the Father, (normal reference usually included) who is in Heaven. "Our Father, who art in Heaven..." From each similar reference I believe God has never left Heaven.

Jesus admitted he was not all knowing on a few occations. He wasn't ashamed of it, He doted on it. The very fact Jesus prayed to have this cup removed from Him means that He was separate from the Father.

In the same sense Jesus went to sit at the right side of God's throne, not on it. Reason? God sits on His throne, Jesus on his right side. A place of honour for a tremendously faithful servant.

The position of the trinitarian faith puts much emphasis on Jesus being God, and declares it blasphemy if this is not believed, yet has no biblical background as proof. They instill this fear that someone thinking outside the dogma is going to hell for blasphemy, but there again, has no biblical background for it.

If you read your Bible without the dogmatic background you won't find a trinity in the bible.

The big question here is: If Jesus is not actually God, what does it take away from His miraculous birth, all that He taught, all that He did, and His death on the cross? It takes away nothing, Jesus is still very much Jesus. Jesus still lived for us, died for us, and gave us victory over evil.

Praise be to God, In Jesus name!

We can discuss later, but probably better in a new thread. This thread starts out rather blasphemous.

SoP I didn't withdraw anything. I'll debate you.

SoP I didn't withdraw anything. I'll debate you.

You withdrew your entire post, (or had help with it...)

I think you like teasing me.

How about this....

I will discuss respectfully with way2go, and you can chime in whenever you feel condemnation is in order.

You withdrew your entire post

Not necessarily.

The mods may have removed it if they found something that did not meet with the site's rules.

They don't catch everyone but sometimes they troll around just to see what is being said. Or somebody may have found something offensive in the post and reported it for their action.

Not necessarily.

The mods may have removed it if they found something that did not meet with the site's rules.

They don't catch everyone but sometimes they troll around just to see what is being said. Or somebody may have found something offensive in the post and reported it for their action.

Thus the...(or had help with it...)

Thus the...(or had help with it...)

I manage to offend some crybaby sometimes, anyway...I will post a response to what you've said on my blog. If you don't like what you hear you're free to comment on it, and if you'd' like I'll post it here for my Muslim friends. I think you are in drastic error, and I say these thing only because you've become hard hearted and I'm concerned for your soul. Its one thing to believe error, its another to teach error and you've done lots of teaching here.

Enjoy.

Just because Christians do not react in a hostile manner does not mean they are not offended and it does not mean that what you are posting is not offensive. It is the religion of practising Christians to love those who mock them and to treat them kindly and so they would not curse or swear or denigrate you for this. You are using this to your advantage for what - a laugh??

If, as a Muslim, you are offended when Islam and the prophets are mocked, how can you so joyously justify mocking another religion, especially when your mocking comes at the expense of the respect one of our own prophets.

You need to have a good look at yourself. At this time, it is not something nice to see. Getting away with something does not make it right and does not make it something you should feel good about.

Edited by Maryaam

I manage to offend some crybaby sometimes, anyway...I will post a response to what you've said on my blog. If you don't like what you hear you're free to comment on it, and if you'd' like I'll post it here for my Muslim friends. I think you are in drastic error, and I say these thing only because you've become hard hearted and I'm concerned for your soul. Its one thing to believe error, its another to teach error and you've done lots of teaching here.

Javi Bro, If I could for one minute impress on you the blessings that were bestoed on me this day, the humility, and the unveiling of God's plan, you would be on your knees and cry with me God"s perfect will be done, we would be able to praise our Lord together.

I believe you are so very earnest in your faith, yet man's interpretation keeps us from fellowship in the true Grace of God.

I have worked so hard in hopes God's will shows me a path, and here it is. Praise God! All my work seems like nothing. God just steps in and doors open, Praise God with me.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

Serve the Lord with gladness;

come before his presence with singing.

Know ye that the Lord he is God;

it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;

we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,

and into his courts with praise;

be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;

and his truth endureth to all generations.

:)

Javi Bro, If I could for one minute impress on you the blessings that were bestoed on me this day, the humility, and the unveiling of God's plan, you would be on your knees and cry with me God"s perfect will be done, we would be able to praise our Lord together.

I believe you are so very earnest in your faith, yet man's interpretation keeps us from fellowship in the true Grace of God.

I have worked so hard in hopes God's will shows me a path, and here it is. Praise God! All my work seems like nothing. God just steps in and doors open, Praise God with me.

Sir, you praise the devil and his angels. You preach no Gospel, and do not know the Son or His Father.

Sir, you praise the devil and his angels. You preach no Gospel, and do not know the Son or His Father.

Now there's the Javy I know.

Do you think you could do me a favor and start a(nother) new persona, and leave Maranatha alone?

When I think Maranatha I think of the Maranatha singers, my first Praise albumn, and your present persona kinda overcasts a shadow.

Hit the link and you'll notice the contrast right away.

I wouldn't bother with the "in his love" guise, nor "soled out to Gloria", (hmmm, I seem to have forgotten some of your last few personas, they get booted so fast) just go straight to "The fire breathing preacher" or "The Brimstone chucker" or maybe something a bit more down-homish "Your last hanging Judge" y'know, something more fitting.

Hanging Judge even sounds a bit Texan, don't ya think?