Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Breaking news-Ahmedi nejhad wins recount

Rate this topic

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=99364...ionid=351020101

conclusion of the partial vote recount, Iran's electoral watchdog, the Guardian Council has confirmed the result of the June 12 poll.

After the announcement of the result of Iran's presidential election, which saw President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad re-elected to a second four-year term, provoked major protests in the country, the Guardian Council set up a special committee to do a partial vote recount.

In a letter to Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli on Monday, head of the Guardian Council Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, confirmed the result of the polls, state television reported.

• Veteran Member
Congratulations Islamic republic of Iran[/b]

Guardian council approves results

press tv

As if we were expecting something different. -_-

Four more of AN's years. Be on your guard.

Edited by Marbles
  • Veteran Member
As if we were expecting something different. -_-

Four more of AN's years. Be on your guard.

I have found nothing but assumptions in your posts and I find your tone very irritating.

You remind me of the israeli press, always assuming the worst about muslims and implying that all negative events are ultimately the fault of the other side.

I have found nothing but assumptions in your posts and I find your tone very irritating.

You remind me of the israeli press, always assuming the worst about muslims and implying that all negative events are ultimately the fault of the other side.

Thats how he rooooolls. Down and dirty, cant you smell it?

• Site Administrators

I still don't understand how the government 'rigged' the vote. I've asked a million people who are unhappy with the result, and no one's provided anything yet.

Did they make extra paper drops? Did they stop opposition voters from voting? People cry out they were rigged, but no one says HOW. And as had already been proven, pre-election independent polls all favoured Ahmadenejad as being the clear winner

It's time that people woke up and live with the fact that most Iranians are happy with the current president, he is popular amongst the people just like Chavez is popular amongst Venezuelans.

• Banned

^^ if ive got this right, 65% of iranians live in the countryside, and hes spent a lot of time and money helping them, so in appreciation they turned out in their millions to vote. it makes perfect sense to me. if you notice as well all these troubles have been confined to one part of northern tehran, while the rest of the country has been silent

• Advanced Member
^^ if ive got this right, 65% of iranians live in the countryside, and hes spent a lot of time and money helping them, so in appreciation they turned out in their millions to vote. it makes perfect sense to me. if you notice as well all these troubles have been confined to one part of northern tehran, while the rest of the country has been silent

Exactly, it's no suprise Ahmadinejad won, so why are many people shocked he won? He is also cracking down heavy on corrupt politicians and ulama in Iran, which is why many so called ulama are using their money to finance the reformists, before they lose their power status. Some say it's impossible Ahmadineja won Mousawi's home town, well not really...

Al Gore lost in his own state Tennessee, and a few other presidents I can't recall. Let's not forget though that Mousawi's home town are Azeris, but Ahmadinejad speaks Azeri, and made numerous campaigns in Mousawi's town. He gained much support there, and also let's not forget Imam Khamenei is also Azeri Iranian....

• Advanced Member
I still don't understand how the government 'rigged' the vote. I've asked a million people who are unhappy with the result, and no one's provided anything yet.

Did they make extra paper drops? Did they stop opposition voters from voting? People cry out they were rigged, but no one says HOW. And as had already been proven, pre-election independent polls all favoured Ahmadenejad as being the clear winner

It's time that people woke up and live with the fact that most Iranians are happy with the current president, he is popular amongst the people just like Chavez is popular amongst Venezuelans.

Apparently, basiji volunteers working in the polling stations cast ballots for Ahmadinejad for all 8 million or so illiterates.

Those naughty basijis!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Apparently the Guardian Council came to the same conclusion as has been debated in this forum:

Guardian Council addresses key complaint

Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:58:00 GMT

Iran's Guardian Council has shed light on some of the complaints filed by defeated candidates, explaining why they were ruled out.

Following the June 12 presidential election, which saw incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad winning by a landslide, his main rival Mir-Hossein Mousavi cried foul.

In one of his complaints, Mousavi claims that since in some cities and towns the final vote tally exceeds the number of eligible voters, the election should be annulled and held anew.

"Based on law, we only have one constituency that includes the entire nation," Guardian Council spokesman Abbas-Ali Kadkhodaei said in a Monday night televised interview. "In Iran, one is entitled to cast one's ballot in any town or city."

"You are born in Tehran or any other town… and you belong to that area based on local statistics, but you are casting your vote outside the country or your town. Who can separate these statistics? So, the population moves for various reasons. They are students, workers, etc" he added.

Khakhodaei's comments came just a few hours after the Council ratified the tenth presidential elections, announcing that all complaints were looked into carefully but no major breaches of law was detected.

The top election supervisory body verified the results more two weeks after they were first announced by the interior ministry.

The final decision was announced on Monday after the deadline was extended, allowing the body to re-count 10 percent of the ballots of random selection.

Representatives from the Guardian Council, the interior ministry and district governors oversaw the recount, but the defeated candidates, Mousavi, Mehdi Karroubi and Mohsen Rezaei, refrained from sending their representatives to the ballot boxes as the watchdog had requested.

Results of Iran's tenth presidential elections gave incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad a landslide victory with more than 24 million of 40 million ballots cast in his favor.

MJ/MMN

it all doesn't matter beacause ayatollah mesbah yazdi said it's halal to rig a vote in favour for the supreme leader because he is selected by god and we all know you can't go against god.

source:http://thenewnixon.org/2009/06/29/iran-certifies-election-results-rasfanjani-has-votes-to-oust-khamenei/

Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi, Ahmadinejad´s messianic ally, issued another fatwa saying that it is permissible (halal) to cheat, if its in the interest of the regime.
  • Advanced Member
it all doesn't matter beacause ayatollah mesbah yazdi said it's halal to rig a vote in favour for the supreme leader because he is selected by god and we all know you can't go against god.

source:http://thenewnixon.org/2009/06/29/iran-certifies-election-results-rasfanjani-has-votes-to-oust-khamenei/

see http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?sh...01&hl=yazdi - if you disagree then do so with the moderator who closed this thread.

• Advanced Member

Ayatollah Khamenei also said it was treason to rig the vote......and that is punishable by death.

If elections were not competitive, noone would bother to vote.

Anyway, local elections are due in 2010 and we should get a high enough turnout for these.

• Veteran Member

Pardon? :unsure:

Thats how he rooooolls. Down and dirty, cant you smell it?

Throwing ad hominems is the hallmark of this learned Sayyed. How sad.

• Advanced Member

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=9938...ionid=351020101

A random re-count of 10 percent of votes cast in Iran's June 12 elections results in a slight increase of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's votes in some cities.

After ballot boxes were randomly chosen and re-counted in the presence of the Guardian Council, interior ministry and district governor representatives, Ahmadinejad's votes increased in the province of Kerman, Fars news reported on Monday.

The incumbent president's tally also rose by 12 votes in Jirof, after 17 of the 170 ballot boxes in the southeastern city were re-counted, according to Fars news.

• Advanced Member
http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?id=9938...ionid=351020101

A random re-count of 10 percent of votes cast in Iran's June 12 elections results in a slight increase of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's votes in some cities.

After ballot boxes were randomly chosen and re-counted in the presence of the Guardian Council, interior ministry and district governor representatives, Ahmadinejad's votes increased in the province of Kerman, Fars news reported on Monday.

The incumbent president's tally also rose by 12 votes in Jirof, after 17 of the 170 ballot boxes in the southeastern city were re-counted, according to Fars news.

lol...thats mean...they should just kept quiet with that one...no point kicking folks when they down...

• Basic Members
Bingo.
Some shia say that we respect Umar and Abu Bakar, others says after the hazrate Muhammed dead, they after a while do many stupids things. Like that Umar killed the children of Hazrat Fatemah. I have iranian persians parents, and i Iran nerarly very dont thing that Umar was a good person after the the dead of hazrate Muhammed. That he killed many persians, and he did. In iran they have a mosque for the iranian who kill Umar. Non muslim persians and muislims come there. Non muslim because he killed many persians, an shia muslisms because the same reason and because what he did against the prophet familie.

But what do we really think, can someone say to me what we mean about Abu Baker and Umar.

ALLAHOMMA SALLE Allah MOHAMMED, WA ALLE MOHAMMED.

Yeah, it is amazing you guys are going along with lies from Iran.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

However, the changes in the tally were announced as being 'too small' to be deemed decisive in the outcome of the election.

Fars news also reported that recounts in the central city of Qom, northeastern city of Gorgan and northern city of Sari ended without any changes in the original results.

I pray that this is resolved, but my gut instincts tell me it will get dragged on, what with the G8 cheerleaders plotting more sanctions to punish the people of Iran for "not being democratic enough" in voting for their preferred candidate.

• Advanced Member

Congratulations to all Momeneens..

I think enough has been tolerated of Mousavi's till now.. They ought to take defeat in their stride and work for the Islamic Republic.. They need to work for poll reforms and other agendas that strengthens the system over next 4 years to show their sincerity... Else if he tries to create more trouble, he should be respectfully held and charged against disturbing peace and internal security of the nation...

Also next elections onwards vetting process needs to be even stronger to ensure such arrogant and law breaking candidates who have no faith in constitution and constitutional bodies are kept away from poll process. Any candidate is good to fight in polls till he/she respects constitutions and its bodies and raises any objection (against the system) whatsoever before the elections, not after losing it...

• Veteran Member

Congratulations, even to those who have been behaving like a stubborn patient having contempt for their doctor. :)

Now its time for Mr. Ahmadinejad to personally investigate the murder of that Iranian girl and bring the murderers to justice whoever and however powerful they are, because all life is precious. The disease and the weakness that has manifest itself recently should not be taken lightly at all. Ayatullah Khomeini would have dealt with it in a very early and decisive way.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I have no doubt as to the sincerity of the reformist grassroots and the loftiness of reformist ideals, but I wish them luck in restoring the movement's position in the eyes of Iranians (especially of lower income) after this unfortunate situation.

If I was Iranian these are uncomfortable points that I want to see addressed to restore my confidence:

1) Distancing the movement from figures widely suspected of corruption, nepotism and cronyism - no matter how powerful and officially religious they are. Doing nothing will be seen as being in denial, and issuing fatwas against slander and libel are counter-productive unless the state's case against said individual collapses;

2) Evidence that the reformist rank, file and grassroots are not capable of being influenced by rumours and foreign media distortions;

3) Evidence of their loyalty to the country (not to the regime), whatever radical or constitutional reform agendas are being championed - would any religious person vote for someone suspected of having chanted for the death of Ayatollah Khamenei in 2009?

4) Perhaps most importantly, what's in it for me, if I was a young undergraduate from a poor family? Will privatization and capitalism really help me? Is it enough to condemn the opposition's populist economic policies? Should the economy go left or right? Will the same social classes and oligarchies benefit to the detriment of the poor?

5) Thawing relations and eradicating western sanctions yes, but how far of a compromise are you telling people to go? If there is widespread suspicion of a hidden agenda of appeasement linked to benefits to a select oligarchy, how do you convince people that this is not so, after the whole country has seen how the enemies of the country have done everything in their power to meddle on behalf of your candidate, regardless whether he asked for it or not?

Are these irrelevant points? I don't know enough, but like another SC member has expressed, I am eager to read Leraned's post-mortem of not just recent events but the underlying history and the real political struggle going on.