Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Moussavi rejects partial vote recount

Rate this topic

bbc/cnn/and western media claimed his website is hecked

so can we believe this news?

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle...tion=middleeast

Moussavi rejects partial vote recount(IANS)

28 June 2009 Print E-mail

TEHRAN - Iranian opposition leader Mir Hossein Moussavi Saturday refused to support a panel set up by the electoral watchdog Guardian Council to conduct a partial recount of votes in the disputed presidential election, a media report said.

Refusing to be cowed by attacks on his party offices, Moussavi again demanded for fresh polls.

”Limiting the probe into complaints about electoral irregularities to recounting 10 percent of the ballot boxes cannot attract people’s trust and convince public opinion about the results,” Moussavi said on his campaign website.

Moussavi said: “Reaching a just judgment is not within the domain of the Guardians Council and above all a board which is appointed by this council.

”I insist again on canceling the election (results) as the most suitable way out of the problem,” Geo TV said citing Moussavi.

The issue should be referred to a body which observes (Islamic) Sharia law, has legal status and is independent, said the former prime minister, who trailed in 11 million votes behind incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, according to official results from the June 12 election.

The Guardian Council said that although it has ordered a partial recount, no “major irregularities” have so far been found and the elections were the “cleanest we have had”.

• Advanced Member

The only thing Moussavi wants is power, and he will try to get it by dragging this on, and thereby creating doubt in the hearts and minds of the people (in which, inshallah, he will not succeed) - he will also try to reduce the power of President Ahmadinejad by making him appear as a "stolen election" President, and not able to fully function as a representative of the Islamic Republic. Moussavi, will, inshallah fail in this tactics - the western/zionist powers have always hated Ahmadinejad, so no loss there - and by far, most Muslims know the game going on, and are not going to be swayed that easily. The leadership of Latin American nations such as Venezuela, and Brazil, Russia, and China have already come out strongly in favor of President Ahmadinejad.

• Advanced Member
The only thing Moussavi wants is power, and he will try to get it by dragging this on, and thereby creating doubt in the hearts and minds of the people (in which, inshallah, he will not succeed) - he will also try to reduce the power of President Ahmadinejad by making him appear as a "stolen election" President, and not able to fully function as a representative of the Islamic Republic. Moussavi, will, inshallah fail in this tactics - the western/zionist powers have always hated Ahmadinejad, so no loss there - and by far, most Muslims know the game going on, and are not going to be swayed that easily. The leadership of Latin American nations such as Venezuela, and Brazil, Russia, and China have already come out strongly in favor of President Ahmadinejad.

1. Mousavi is not a central player in any of this. He is the face of something much bigger than him.

2. The only thing any of the parties in this want ... is power. Either to gain more or retain what they have.

3. None of this is really about a contested election or Ahmadinejad's power. Ahmadinejad is nothing more than a face and figurehead, and is relatively powerless in Iran. Mousavi would be just as powerless in his place as President.

4. Most Muslims actually have no clue or understanding of what is actually going on.

• Advanced Member
4. Most Muslims actually have no clue or understanding of what is actually going on.

Then please, tell us what is really going on. There is alot of confusion and conflicting news reports, so it's hard to draw any solid conclusions. Please do share your analysis.

• Advanced Member

Theres way too much to be said in any substantive manner in one post ... and I don't have time to think and write right now. But I promise I'll start a thread later explaining my perspective on things. Right now, I'll leave you with this to chew on: Think about what Imam Khomeini established in the Islamic Republic, and how remarkable and significant it was ... from a Shi'a historical perspective. Think about the real political capital that Imam Khomeini weilded in Iran, verses that of Ayatollah Khamenei today, and the systemic need for such a person to weild that type of political capital and the repurcussions of this reality. Think about the written history if the Islamic Republic from 1979 until today understanding that it is always the victors who write history. Look at the Islamic Republic in historical terms, and think to yourself: How would Hegel describe it? How would Marx describe it? How will historians characterize 100 years from now ... and what kind of changes and reformations will have to be neccesitated upon it the Islamic Republic for it to endure for another 100 years?

Most people don't understand what is happening because they are looking through a very small and concentrated lense ... probably based on their support for one individual or another, or perhaps one "line" or another. But in doing so, they are completely missing the point. Compound this with the fact that, in Iran, nothing is really as it seems (for example, Ayatollah Khamenei and Ahmadinejad are not on the same side of recent events - in fact the opposite is true), and it is easy to understand why most individual are confused or simply lost. You can't understand what is happening now unless you have a strong grasp of the history that lead to this point in nuanced and sophisticated terms. So widen your perspective ... and I'll post mine later on.

Bro Learned

I think i speak for all of us, shia and shia spooks alike, you have our interest piqued. An objective post morten would be rather handy. Who is AN the face of and where does he conflict with Khamenei? If this discussion is meant for the special dedicated thread you promised, we can hardly wait bro....lol

• Advanced Member
... and I'll post mine later on.

(salam)

Bro Learned, I got the gist of what happened from reading up about Iran's political history plus the few valuable conversations with you. The ingredients for this crisis were there from day zero of the republic. Having ditched the rose tinted glasses, of the landscape of revolutionary ideals, some were brilliantly fulfilled and others were utterly ruined. I hope my personal conclusions will be confirmed when you do post your views here, and again confirmed this Ramadan when some English-speaking 'alims from Iran are in London on their annual invitations to majalis.

What I am grappling with is the future path from now on, and non-Iranian shias would understandably fear a future Iran which is nationalistic to the alienation of the rest of us. It would make our lives a lot lonelier.

When you do write up your post-mortem, expect a barrage of polemical objections from our brothers and sisters who have unfortunately taken such entrenched positions.

Salams.