Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Electoral watchdog says Iran’s vote cleanest

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

(AFP)

26 June 2009 Print E-mail

TEHRAN - Iran’s electoral watchdog insisted on Friday the disputed presidential vote was the cleanest ever, as G8 leading powers urged Tehran to halt post-election violence but without questioning the result.

“After 10 days of examination, we did not see any major irregularities,” Guardians Council spokesman Abbasali Kadkhodai told the state IRNA news agency, rejecting opposition allegations that have brought hundreds of thousands of demonstrators onto the streets.

“We have had no fraud in any presidential election and this one was the cleanest election we have had. I can say with certainty that there was no fraud in this election.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle...tion=middleeast

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
(AFP)

26 June 2009 Print E-mail

TEHRAN - Iran’s electoral watchdog insisted on Friday the disputed presidential vote was the cleanest ever, as G8 leading powers urged Tehran to halt post-election violence but without questioning the result.

“After 10 days of examination, we did not see any major irregularities,” Guardians Council spokesman Abbasali Kadkhodai told the state IRNA news agency, rejecting opposition allegations that have brought hundreds of thousands of demonstrators onto the streets.

“We have had no fraud in any presidential election and this one was the cleanest election we have had. I can say with certainty that there was no fraud in this election.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle...tion=middleeast

WHY IS MOUSAVI OPPOSING A RECOUNT?

HOW CAN WE HAVE A REVOTE BEFORE A RECOUNT?

Link to post
Share on other sites
(AFP)

26 June 2009 Print E-mail

TEHRAN - Iran’s electoral watchdog insisted on Friday the disputed presidential vote was the cleanest ever, as G8 leading powers urged Tehran to halt post-election violence but without questioning the result.

“After 10 days of examination, we did not see any major irregularities,” Guardians Council spokesman Abbasali Kadkhodai told the state IRNA news agency, rejecting opposition allegations that have brought hundreds of thousands of demonstrators onto the streets.

“We have had no fraud in any presidential election and this one was the cleanest election we have had. I can say with certainty that there was no fraud in this election.”

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle...tion=middleeast

Is Irans electoral watchdog the Guardian Council?. It seems to be from articles I have been reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
(salam) Ya Muslimeen

At this moment it is important for Muslims, regardless of where they stand on the IRI, to talk about these current issues with the interests of the Ummah in mind.

I urge people here to stop responding to people who have no concern for the Ummah.

You/We will not change their minds. They have their own agendas.

Instead of wasting time responding to them, think/write/work to the benefit of the Ummah.

I will make 2 suggestions:

1. Copy this original message in every reply, so that other SC posters note it in every reply within this thread

2. Instead spend the time spreading the good articles we find elsewhere on the internet. Use this site to consult each other of what are good logical articles (Not everything that supports an argument is logical)

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?ac...amp;t=234965729

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Is Irans electoral watchdog the Guardian Council?. It seems to be from articles I have been reading.

Yes. The elections were also observed by the judiciary's national inspectorate headed by a former minister whom Ahmadinejad sacked.

If Mousavi believed these elections were rigged months in advance, why did he participate in them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

This guy said the election was a fraud! Can we believe him? :unsure:

According to Mohsen Sazegara:

Right after the election, 11 o'clock at night, was a military coup because they went to (presidential candidate Mir Hossein) Mousavi's headquarters -- five persons from the Revolutionary Guard -- and told him that, 'Yes, the leader says that this is true, you have won the election, you are the elected president, but you can't be the president. (Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad should remain in the position.'

"And then they started to invent those fake numbers in Ministry of Interior. And right after that they started to arrest the people, to disconnect the country, to dismiss the reporters, and that is the reason that we call it a military coup."

Here's Scott's interview of Sazegara, who became a leading dissident in Iran -- leading to his arrest in 2003 -- and now lives in the United States:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/0...amp;f=103943429

Just tell me if this is true or false?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

This guy said the election was a fraud! Can we believe him? :unsure:

According to Mohsen Sazegara:

Here's Scott's interview of Sazegara, who became a leading dissident in Iran -- leading to his arrest in 2003 -- and now lives in the United States:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/0...amp;f=103943429

Just tell me if this is true or false?

Good Lord. Do the mods troll on this site too?

If this happened, why wouldnt Mousavi mention it in his complaint, speeches, press conference, etc?

You people done lost yo minds

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
Did that conversation ever take place between the IRGC and Mousavi? No, that is obviously false. I will refrain from answering what you were really asking though..

Honestly, there is so much nonsense everywhere, I don't believe anything anymore.

All I can say is that I was right when I predicted on the night of the election that there was trouble ahead if Ahmadinejad won by a landslide - noone took me seriously.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Look here :mad: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=99121...ionid=351020101

The commission will supervise the recounting of about 10 percent of the ballot boxes to be "chosen at random,"

Why only 10%? :o What about the other 90% (the game changer)??

Edited by Zareen
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Look here :mad: http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=99121...ionid=351020101

Why only 10%? :o What about the other 90% (the game changer)??

Ostensibly, its to determine if any fraud appears within that 10% sample. if so, one would hope they would then conduct a re-election.

If those 10% appear to be perfectly fine, then no need to count the other 90%.

Its the same logic as polling. you dont poll the whole country, only a sample.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...