Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Reepicheep

[Thread Closed] Divisive Media Incitations

Rate this topic

I'm sure you all have seen videos of members of the Basij, riding through the streets of Tehran on motorcycles and beating Iranian men and women with clubs and chains. Yesterday, I saw one particularily disturbing attack, where a man dressed in black, with his face covered, smashed a young Iranian woman across her face, knocking her to the ground. Incredibly, this brave woman immediately jumped to her feet and started shouting and gesturing towards the thug, who beat a hasty retreat.

As I watched this video, I remember thinking, "what kind of man could do this to a woman?" Well, apparently, the answer is most likely "a non-Iranian man":

Hezbollah's support could have been expressed in more than words. According to many media reports and Online chatter, Iran's volunteer paramilitary forces known as 'Basij', seem to have added some Arabic-speaking members -- suspected of being Hezbollah fighters.

According to these reports, non-Farsi speakers are riding motor scooters and patrolling the streets of Tehran, tracking demonstrators and monitoring their movement.

Arab neighbors watch Iran's troubles

Just think. The Iranian government is apparently paying Arab thugs to come to Tehran and beat Iranian women. And there are posters here on ShiaChat who support this government??? Go figure.

There are two things I find encouraging about this, though.

(1) The Iranian government is apparently not able to find enough Iranian men who are willing to brutalize their fellow Iranian citizens, so the government is forced to import thugs to do their dirty work, and

(2) Iranian women want change badly enough that they won't let a bunch of thugs intimidate them.

Edited by Reepicheep

With the Basij's role in anti-protest efforts growing, Tehran is alive with allegations that the group is boosting its numbers with Hezbollah recruits from Lebanon.

“Many of the Basij don't even speak Farsi,” said a Tehran University student at Wednesday's rally. “They only speak Arabic, and don't care about being violent toward Iranians.”

Iran's demonstrators press on

Edited by Reepicheep

I have never seen such a huge number of diverse people protesting in Iran. People are really angry and refuse to be patient. Ahmadinejad's government challenged our honor. How can we trust anything when the government perpetrates such a big lie?

They don't have pity on anyone. Some of the police cannot speak Farsi. I saw one of them beating a man as he cursed in Arabic. People say they are from Hezbollah.

These men barge into homes and threaten people by calling their families. And they are savage against peaceful demonstrators.

Hospitals are full of people injured by the Military Guard, yet the Supreme Leader of Iran called us seditious. We just want the right to a real vote.

The fear is gone.

Unconfirmed but highly probable: Der Spiegel, based on a Voice of America report, says that 5,000 Hizbullah fighters are currently in Iran masquerading as riot police, confirming the independent reports. Many different independent reports and video point that way. Even in the last hours other independent twitter feeds have declared witnessing thugs beating on people while shouting in Arabic.

(the following paragraph includes some speculation based on reports from ground zero) Hizbullah flew in a lot of their members in Iran, most likely a good deal even before the elections in case there were trouble. They are the ones who speak Arabs and are unleashing the biggest level of violence on the Persians so far. Another wave arrived recently and there is chatter that yet another wave of Hizbullah reinforcements are coming in from Lebanon as we speak. According to Iranians on the ground, they are the ones riding motorcycles, beating men women and children indiscriminately and firing live ammunitions at students.

Iranian update

Iranian opposition sources said the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its Basij paramilitary force have used Hizbullah and Hamas personnel to assault anti-government protesters in wake of the disputed reelection of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

They said Hamas and Hizbullah officers trained by IRGC in Iran employed brutal tactics against students and other supporters of Ahmadinejad's chief rival, Mir Hussein Moussavi.

"We have seen masked and unmasked security personnel who were speaking with a clear Arabic accent or simply did not look Iranian," an opposition source said.

About 5,000 Hizbullah and Hamas fighters have been deployed to quell the anti-government protests, the sources said. They said Hizbullah and Hamas operatives, waving truncheons, were heard shouting in Arabic as they rushed groups of demonstrators.

Both Hamas and Hizbullah were said to have a permanent presence in Iran. The sources said IRGC has been training more than 500 Hamas and Hizbullah operatives a year and often pulled them out of courses to help in internal security.

The sources said the use of motorcycles by Hizbullah, said to have been developed in 2006, was seen in IRGC and Basij operations against pro-Moussavi demonstrators in Teheran and other cities. They said motorcycles enabled anti-riot squads to move quickly from one area to another through the crowded alleys of Iranian cities while reducing their vulnerability to attack.

"They [Hamas agents] are given jobs that Iranians won't do because they are either too ashamed to do this or scared they will be identified," another opposition source said.

Hamas, Hizbullah join Iran's paramilitary forces in post-vote crackdown

Edited by Reepicheep

the basij is in the millions in iran, they have no need to bring in a few arabs from hezbollah. this is just more of the same propoganda. I also love how all the basij are portrayed as these crazy thugs who are just hired goons. I had a friend who lived in the states for a year or so, who was a somewhat skinny geeky guy, who was very intelligent and guess what he was a member of the basij as well.

Uh-huh. Just like Al-Qeada was helping Hezbollah in 2006.. How very convenient.

You sure the North Koreans didn't some soldiers as well?

This is the propaganda that morons like to spread, hizbollah in iran as the besij lol.. in iran the police are IRANIAN yes it may be a big surprise to everyone but iran employs its own people to be police. The besij are volunteers who are iranian, that may also be a surprise but its hard to get people from another country to volunter for a government and do its work for free especially if they are lebanese.

now some of the besij are not iranian but are iraqis who speak arabic since their are 1 million iraqi's in iran.

this is the usual propaganda spread by the enemies of hizbollah to make the iranian nation hate hizbollah and stop their support for them.

Ya Imam-e-Zamana Adrikni wrote: the basij is in the millions in iran, they have no need to bring in a few arabs from hezbollah.

I see. So the hate crazed thugs, who are too cowardly to show their faces and who are brutalizing Iranian women, are Iranian.

Since it is Iranian men who are brutalizing Iranian women, I guess it's OK then.

Ya Imam-e-Zamana Adrikni wrote: the basij is in the millions in iran, they have no need to bring in a few arabs from hezbollah.

I see. So the hate crazed thugs, who are too cowardly to show their faces and who are brutalizing Iranian women, are Iranian.

Since it is Iranian men who are brutalizing Iranian women, I guess it's OK then.

no moron its not okey to beat a woman up, but its not okey either to blame someone for something they are not responsible for, this thread is about "hizbollah and hamas working as the besij" not whether its okey to beat woman up.

go worry about americans killing civilians in iraq and afghanistan.

'AlwayS-Dhik'r' wrote: no moron its not okey to beat a woman up, but its not okey either to blame someone for something they are not responsible for, this thread is about "hizbollah and hamas working as the besij" not whether its okey to beat woman up.

Well, I've worked with Canadians of Iranian ancestry, and I choose to believe that the vast majority of Iranian men are decent people who would not brutalize Iranian women. If you are right, and it is Iranian men who are attacking Iranian women, then perhaps the Iranian people deserve the government that they have.

Actually, I'm Canadian, so we don't have any troops in Iraq. But we have lots of troops in Afghanistan. I assume that you are a supporter of the Taliban?

LOL!!!! now iranians, the ones who set up hezbollah, need help from lebanon?

ok, hezbollah fighters (10,000) fom south lebanon, which is tense as a warzone, will come and help the basiji (few millions) to face off these girlie looking posh northern tehrani boys?

do you seriously believe this?

Reepicheap, i advise you to plz keep this BS to yourself, coz ur making a fool of yourself, and i hate ppl doing that

'AlwayS-Dhik'r' wrote: no moron its not okey to beat a woman up, but its not okey either to blame someone for something they are not responsible for, this thread is about "hizbollah and hamas working as the besij" not whether its okey to beat woman up.

Well, I've worked with Canadians of Iranian ancestry, and I choose to believe that the vast majority of Iranian men are decent people who would not brutalize Iranian women. If you are right, and it is Iranian men who are attacking Iranian women, then perhaps the Iranian people deserve the government that they have.

Actually, I'm Canadian, so we don't have any troops in Iraq. But we have lots of troops in Afghanistan. I assume that you are a supporter of the Taliban?

a supporter of the taliban? a ruthless backward barbaric bunch.. are you insane?

'AlwayS-Dhik'r' wrote: a supporter of the taliban? a ruthless backward barbaric bunch.. are you insane?

Then why are you against Canadian and American troops fighting the Taliban??? Shouldn't the Iranian army also be in Afghanistan, standing shoulder to shoulder with the Canadian and American troops?

'AlwayS-Dhik'r' wrote: a supporter of the taliban? a ruthless backward barbaric bunch.. are you insane?

Then why are you against Canadian and American troops fighting the Taliban??? Shouldn't the Iranian army also be in Afghanistan, standing shoulder to shoulder with the Canadian and American troops?

where did i say iam against fighting the taliban? Iran has been fighting the taliban long before america or canada started, they almost invaded them in 2000 but called it off at the last second because of the civilians that would be killed directly from the conflict, dont forget iran helped them in the invasion but then where branded by bush part of the axis of evil.

I'am against wars which have cost the lives of millions of civilians, i assume your a supporter of KKK?

Edited by AlwayS-Dhik'r

AlwayS-Dhik'r wrote: i assume your a supporter of KKK?

No, I'm against the KKK. I have written many anti-KKK posts in the past.

Curiously, though, many muslims speak very highly of the KKK because of the hatred KKK members have for Jews.

Curiously, though, many muslims speak very highly of the KKK because of the hatred KKK members have for Jews.

Many? ive never come across a muslim who supports the KKK, but i have meet many christians who do, heck KKK is a christian members only club. I assume those christians are following the correct tenants of christianity?

(salam)

:yaali: slap slap slap slap kick slap kick

:shaytan: where is your hijab?

:) May be they are their own family members hitting them hard so that they do toba and keep themselves inside the house.

Edited by Muslim_shia

see. So the hate crazed thugs, who are too cowardly to show their faces and who are brutalizing Iranian women, are Iranian.

If their faces are covered for all i know they could be Americans....

and if anything the Americans have MORE TO GAIN by doing so... So please think before you speak !!!

Regards

TBM

(salam)

This thread is stupid. It's not okay to hit any innocent person, and even in the rallies or protests it's not okay to hit people. This is only a few idiots. The people who hate Islam equate Iranian muslims to being arabs. So they say that the "Baseej" are arabs. This is where this comes from. Even if a baseeji was arab this isn't the reason they say this. If you speak islamically or are a practicing muslim those anti-Islam idiots will call you arab.

ws

Edited by Mujahid

Many? ive never come across a muslim who supports the KKK, but i have meet many christians who do, heck KKK is a christian members only club. I assume those christians are following the correct tenants of christianity?

nor have i in my life. this thread is completely about propaganda and hearsay and has no substantial proof backing up the accusations and claims made. i think it should be closed :)

Robert Fisk, whose reporting on Lebanon is always horrible, good on Palestine, and been bad on Iran, just wrote another article trying to redeem himself for the overly credulous reporting in his last article.

He clarifies that the Basij being refered to are not Arab, but likely Baluch (which I doubt) or Azeri.

Now for the very latest on the fantasy circuit. The cruel “Iranian” cops aren’t Iranian at all. They are members of Lebanon’s Hizbollah militia. I’ve had this one from two reporters, three phone callers (one from Lebanon) and a British politician. I’ve tried to talk to the cops. They cannot understand Arabic. They don’t even look like Arabs, let alone Lebanese. The reality is that many of these street thugs have been brought in from Baluch areas and Zobal province, close to the Afghan border. Even more are Iranian Azeris. Their accents sound as strange to Tehranis as would a Belfast accent to a Cornishman hearing it for the first time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...ws-1710762.html

where the hell do u get ur info from?? fox news?

we dont hate jews we hate zionists

the basij is in the millions in iran, they have no need to bring in a few arabs from hezbollah. this is just more of the same propoganda. I also love how all the basij are portrayed as these crazy thugs who are just hired goons. I had a friend who lived in the states for a year or so, who was a somewhat skinny geeky guy, who was very intelligent and guess what he was a member of the basij as well.

They know that it's basically nearing the end of it, and they want to milk something out of the whole story , because soon it will end... and what better way than to 1) make it look like the authorities have lost control & are importing "mercenaries"; and 2) defame Hezbollah at the same time, as playing a "mercenary" role rather than a role in defending Lebanon...

What's funny is that, in Lebanon, Hezbollah is accused of "persanification" and of menacing the "Arab façade" of the country, and among intellectually limited people such as Reepicecheep, of being an "Arab" intruder element applying its genetically acquired violence on genetically flower-like Iranian women...

hizbullah just lost the election so as a priority they should get out in Lebanon's streets and enforce their existence if they really had that sort of mentality

Unlike musawi they accepted defeat and kept going with their life even though there were many games played in the election which made it statistically the most expensive election in the whole world. Not saying Musawi's campaign was cheap but i witnessed people were given free tickets and invited to go to Lebanon to vote for them. I am all the way in Australia. people went over the weekend just to vote and they guaranteed them hotel and the ticket all taken from our petrol money to strengthen our zionist enemies through their puppets. ....

My friend a christian Lebanese rejected the offer and said " the ones who buy you will one day also sell you"

We all know that musawi and natiq nouries project is a racist one and ahmadi's one is an islamic unity project inshallah.

Nationalists are the same as hitler and saddam they just want their nationality above all humanity and to enslave other nations driven by selfishness and self centrism on the other hand Islam talks to embrace all nations and rejects the calls of " the favorite nation".

your campaign is clearly a racist one äÒÇÏ ÈÑÓÊí

I even saw youtube where ahamdi nejad is trying to explain to karroubi how "dowal al khaleej al arabyah" doesnt mean arabic gulf but it means arabic countries of the gulf. they misunderstood and they put the title saying " ahmadi says the arabic gulf implying the gulf is arabic"

Edited by alimohamad40

hizbullah just lost the election so as a priority they should get out in Lebanon's streets and enforce their existence if they really had that sort of mentality

Wilayat el Faqih and the "Iranian threat" played a big role in the elections too :squeez:

Iranians owe us :Hijabi:

This is perhaps one of the most ridiculously transparent attempts at creating divisions in the region that we have seen as of yet. Not only are the West and its clients in the region trying to instigate sectarian tensions between Sunnis and Shias, but they are trying and have been trying to instigate racial and ethnic tensions between Arabs and Persians as well - both in Lebanon AND in Iran.

What kind of an idiot would believe that Iran, a nation whose population is 77 million and whose basij forces also number in the millions, would import fighters from Lebanon of all places to crack down on rioters? And whats worse, not just from Lebanon ... but from the besieged, beleaguered, and starved Gaza strip as well!

When Israel attacked Lebanon during 2006, the same pro-Western propagandists who are today claiming that Hezbollah is roaming the streets of Iran beating women, were claiming that the pasdaran were in Southern Lebanon fighting Israel.

And what are the sources for these so-called reports? CNN, which sites "many" unnamed "media reports" and "online chatter" saying it "could" be Hezbollah. And the Wall Street Journal which basis its reporting on hearsay. And, of course, lets not forget the infamous Der Speigel, which not more than a few weeks ago published an article accusing Hezbollah of assassinating Rafik Hariri citing "sources close to the international tribunal" (which the international tribunal in charge of the investigation discredited, and it was relieved that the article was plagiarized from the blog of a Syrian dissident).

These nonsensical, ill-intentioned, divisive, and frankly dangerous reports have one purpose and one purpose alone: to create ethnic and racial tensions, fuel more protests, and create more destructive chaos - which Shiachat will not be a proponent of. Also, since this thread itself is not based on credible reporting, it is closed.