Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mafiaboy

najassat law (from Sistani)

Rate this topic

(salam)

this is my first topic, so forgive me if i put in the wrong place...excuse my english also, i don't speak english very well, i 'm french..

I am follower of Ayatollah Sistani...

i have a question about this fatwa :

"74. The moisture which is discharged by man during wooing and courtship, is called 'Mazi'. It is Pak, and so is the liquid which is seen after ejaculation. It is called 'Wazi'. Similarly, the liquid which at times comes out after urine, is called 'Wadi' and it is Pak if urine has not reached it. If a person performs Istibra after urinating, and then discharges liquid doubting whether it is urine, or one of the above mentioned three liquids, that liquid is Pak."

so , if after ejaculation, i urinate one time, et then i take my gusl, if there is a transparent liquid which comes out, so it's pak?

and if it touch my clothes, i can do salat?

I discovered this fatwa, one month ago, in this website, and before that, i always thought that all liquids (wadi, wazi,..) were najiss and i lived whith doubts about it since many years,..., so i want to be sure that it is pak ,...

thank you for all , ..

Allah Hafiz

(salam)

this is my first topic, so forgive me if i put in the wrong place...excuse my english also, i don't speak english very well, i 'm french..

I am follower of Ayatollah Sistani...

i have a question about this fatwa :

"74. The moisture which is discharged by man during wooing and courtship, is called 'Mazi'. It is Pak, and so is the liquid which is seen after ejaculation. It is called 'Wazi'. Similarly, the liquid which at times comes out after urine, is called 'Wadi' and it is Pak if urine has not reached it. If a person performs Istibra after urinating, and then discharges liquid doubting whether it is urine, or one of the above mentioned three liquids, that liquid is Pak."

so , if after ejaculation, i urinate one time, et then i take my gusl, if there is a transparent liquid which comes out, so it's pak?

and if it touch my clothes, i can do salat?

I discovered this fatwa, one month ago, in this website, and before that, i always thought that all liquids (wadi, wazi,..) were najiss and i lived whith doubts about it since many years,..., so i want to be sure that it is pak ,...

thank you for all , ..

Allah Hafiz

Salamou Alaykom,

I don't believe the Mazi, Wadi, and Wazi liquids invalidate your prayers since they are considered Pak.....

It is saying if the Wadi liquid has came in contact with urine together, then it won't be Pak, but as a safety precaution everytime you go to the bathroom, just do istibra and ALL of your problems and worries are solved.

As for the urine, if you had done your istibra, and you felt something coming out (assuming it is urine or something else), it is still Pak because you did your best to cleanse yourself with istibra...

WaSalam and Fee Amanillah,

Abu Fadhl Al-Hashem

what is istibra and wat is Pak? and wat do u mean they dont invalidate ur prayer?

Salamou Alaykom Brother AlgerianShia,

Istibra is a 9 step action to remove yourself from Najasat (after you urinate) since if urine touches your underwear (if you didn't do istibra), it would invalidate your prayers since you are wearing something containing najis substance (urine on your underwear)..UNLESS you are saying you change your underwear everytime before you pray.

Pak = Pure or Taher in the spiritual sense.

For istibra:

http://majalla.org/books/law/10.html

WaSalam,

Abu Fadhl Al-Hashem

Edited by Abu Fadhl Al-Hashem

Guest binte-ali

To Algerianshia

Istibra is the squeezing of male part of extra urine left in the passage by pressin from the base of the organ upto the point of circumcision three times and then jerking. That procedure is very important to make sure no urine is left which can drop out later to make u najis. and after doing that if some fluid comes out than u can consider it pak provided u have not urinated again or discharged.

is it enough to take a shower for ghusl?

Salamou Alaykom Brother AlgerianShia,

You need to do the Ghusl steps properly in order for your purity shower to be accepted, it's simple...

Make your intention to perform your Ghusl Bath...

Then put water over your head and neck......clean it all...

Then pour water over your right side of the body, makes sure all the body parts are rubbed off with that water.

Then proceed to your left side, and thats it!

WaSalam and Fee Amanillah,

Abu Fadhl Al-Hashem

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem:

Salamun 'alaykum

Going back to the original post. I also have read this fatwa recently.

My question is..what is 'Wadi' scientifically speaking? I mean...how can it not be left over urine that did not get squeezed out?

Also, my experience with 'wadi' is just a slight moisture at the tip after Istibra and so how can one know the difference between urinary incontinence vs 'wadi' (some times urinary incontinence can be just one drop).

Furthermore the statement below seems ambiguous:

``The moisture which is discharged by man during wooing and courtship, is called 'Mazi'. It is Pak, and so is the liquid which is seen after ejaculation. It is called 'Wazi'. Similarly, the liquid which at times comes out after urine, is called 'Wadi' and it is Pak if urine has not reached it.

If a person performs Istibra after urinating, and then discharges liquid doubting whether it is urine, or one of the above mentioned three liquids, that liquid is Pak."

How does one know if urine has not reached it? colour? smell?

Shukran.

wassalam.

La fatah ila Ali

salam

i have other questions, so i continue in this post...

1) the transpiration (humidity come form your body when its hot)when you are in Janabat is najiss??

thanks a lot brothers!

No the sweat is not najis, as janabat is a spiritual najasat and not a physical one.

Sources:

1) http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/aalimnetwork/msg00406.html

2) http://www.ask.or.tz/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=2435

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem:

Salamun 'alaykum

Going back to the original post. I also have read this fatwa recently.

My question is..what is 'Wadi' scientifically speaking? I mean...how can it not be left over urine that did not get squeezed out?

Also, my experience with 'wadi' is just a slight moisture at the tip after Istibra and so how can one know the difference between urinary incontinence vs 'wadi' (some times urinary incontinence can be just one drop).

Furthermore the statement below seems ambiguous:

``The moisture which is discharged by man during wooing and courtship, is called 'Mazi'. It is Pak, and so is the liquid which is seen after ejaculation. It is called 'Wazi'. Similarly, the liquid which at times comes out after urine, is called 'Wadi' and it is Pak if urine has not reached it.

If a person performs Istibra after urinating, and then discharges liquid doubting whether it is urine, or one of the above mentioned three liquids, that liquid is Pak."

How does one know if urine has not reached it? colour? smell?

Shukran.

wassalam.

La fatah ila Ali

You'll be able to tell the difference easily between urine and 'wadi'. It seems as if most men don't have 'wadi' discharged after urinating. From what I can tell, the three liquids are the same (scientifically) as they are a clear viscous liquid. Urine is not clear and not viscous so just dab it off with a Kleenex and if it's sticky then it's wadi and not urine.

You'll be able to tell the difference easily between urine and 'wadi'. It seems as if most men don't have 'wadi' discharged after urinating. From what I can tell, the three liquids are the same (scientifically) as they are a clear viscous liquid. Urine is not clear and not viscous so just dab it off with a Kleenex and if it's sticky then it's wadi and not urine.

It is definately clear but there is soo little that I couldn't dab it. I tried this and the tissue immediately absorbed it. I tried it again anotrher more tactfully but still too little to determine if it is sticky. I tried with my finger still too little. But the issue is there is a very very small dark stain on my boxers after I leave the washroom and check a 30 seconds later so thats what causes my concern.

Can I just assume its 'wadi' and get on with my life without worrying that all my ibadat is completely useless? Maybe I should wear diapers!!!

wassalam.

La fatah ila Ali.

It is definately clear but there is soo little that I couldn't dab it. I tried this and the tissue immediately absorbed it. I tried it again anotrher more tactfully but still too little to determine if it is sticky. I tried with my finger still too little. But the issue is there is a very very small dark stain on my boxers after I leave the washroom and check a 30 seconds later so thats what causes my concern.

Can I just assume its 'wadi' and get on with my life without worrying that all my ibadat is completely useless? Maybe I should wear diapers!!!

wassalam.

La fatah ila Ali.

Just do istibra (squeeze from the base to the head 3 times then from halfway up the shaft to the head 3 times then just the head 3 times) before washing and you can assume that whatever comes out is not urine