Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
fatimagamawa

SUNNI MARRIED TO A SHIITE

Rate this topic

Salam Dear Sis,

Regarding hijab this is a very simple yet beautifull explanation of hijab in Islam. http://www.al-islam.org/hijab/

This is also a lecture about Hijab. http://www.shiatv.net/view_video.php?viewk...fa0c517ad0d557a

I hope this is all usefull :)

Regarding the marriage issue the best thing would probably be is to ask a shia scholar. Im sure some brotheres or sisters can point you in the right direction aswell.

it depends for what u have loved him?

is it his looks?

his status in society?

or any thing related to world...

if u have married him for his Iman then u must convert to his faith that is Shiaism.

i hope that helps...and regarding hijab i am sure some body will guide u to already discussed thread on this forum.

SEE yaa

GOD BLESS

IM A SUNNI, A LAWYER AND A CRIMINOLOGIST MARRIED TO A SHIITE MUSLIM WHOM I SO MUCH LOVE. IS IT COMPULSORY THAT I JOIN SHIISM?

WHATS THE TRUE CONCEPT OF HIJAB?

NO IT IS OPTIONAL BUT IT IS GOOD TO LEARN ABOUT IT SINCE IT IS YOUR HUSBAND'S BELIEF AND MAYBE HIS FAMILY'S.

THERE ARE SOME GOOD BOOKS ON AL-ISLAM.ORG.

IM A SUNNI, A LAWYER AND A CRIMINOLOGIST MARRIED TO A SHIITE MUSLIM WHOM I SO MUCH LOVE. IS IT COMPULSORY THAT I JOIN SHIISM?

WHATS THE TRUE CONCEPT OF HIJAB?

According to Shia jurisprudence a Sunni does not have to accept Shi'ism to marry a Shi'i. The marriage is permissible and legal.

I second sis BintAlHoda but don't accept any pressure for conversion. Make up your own mind.

it depends for what u have loved him?

is it his looks?

his status in society?

or any thing related to world...

if u have married him for his Iman then u must convert to his faith that is Shiaism.

i hope that helps...and regarding hijab i am sure some body will guide u to already discussed thread on this forum.

SEE yaa

GOD BLESS

No it doesn't depend on anything. It is totally irrelevant. Let us leave this up to the couple and tell her only about the legality of Shia-Sunni marriage, you Christian!

Edited by Marbles

You are not obliged to become a Shi'a Muslim, so in this sense your marriage is lawful and permissible. Where things might get a little hazy is with your children. But at the end of the day, you will have to weigh the importance of religion in your life. I know a few Shi'a-Sunni couples and their marriages are successful, albeit secular and non-religious. The expectation usually is that the children follow the interpretation of the father. However, as far as you're concerned, I don't recommend that you become a Shi'a Muslim unless you have understood and accepted its teachings. Although I would always encourage Muslims to be more contentious about their faith, I am not one to judge the reasons for marriage or the day-to-day lives that you lead.

If you are leaning towards religiosity and are both unwilling to give up your interpretations of Islam, then I would recommend that you observe precaution, openness and understanding with your children on this matter, if and when applicable.

Edited by asphyxiated

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

I'm not saying that you are required to become a Shia, but I recommend and advise you to. If not your social life, the difference of sects is most likely to affect your religious lives.

I have a paternal aunt who is living under the same circumstances as you are. Though, it's opposite in her case. She's Shia and her husbad is Sunni.

However, the consequences of their marriage are showing up now, after 15 years of marriage. Their lives have become a tug-of-was match, with the children as ropes and both parents pulling opposite ends towards their sect.

The difference shows up in prayer. The children see one parent praying in one way and the other in another way. Or even worse, one parents teaches his/her child to pray in one way and the other in another way. The child ends up getting confused and mentally stressed or in extreme cases disturbed.

The difference also shows up in Hajj and Umrah when both parents perform it differently. The differences between the parents have harsh effects on their children.

Such marriages, though not always, can often not continue long.

Please be informed that I am not forcing you here to do anything nor am I working you up about it, just advising, like a friend.

I would recommend you to revert to Shiism BUT only after research and findings. Read books which have discussions between the two sects like 'Peshawar Nights' and 'Al-Muraja-at' . You will instantly be guided.

Do not convert without research, as you will think that you have reverted under some kind of force and to save your family from breaking apart.

(wasalam) and take care,

Basim Jafri