Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
IRAQ-SA

Confederation Cup 2009

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

irq.gif will open the tournament facing the host on June 14th

Iraq has a good chance of advancing to the 2nd round if they defeat rsa.gif. esp.gif is a given. nzl.gif is ranked the worst in our group, and

irq.gif has beat them many times in the past.

I look forward to the matches.

For more info visit: http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/index.html

Edited by IRAQ-SA

^ LOL inshAllah :P

Hmm.. not a great game.. I'm just relieved we scored no goal. But I have to say some of the goals attempted by south africa.. I'm surprised they didn't go in, so close as well!

two world wars and one world cup, england, england....come on england come on england.

just kidding :P

I am torn between my favourites Brazil and Torres' Spain, so i didnt vote.

Edited by mandate

I am torn between my favourites Brazil and Torres' Spain, so i didnt vote.

Torres is phenomenal. He scored 3 goals against New Zealand in the first 17 minutes.

Spain 5 : 0 New Zealand

Obviously, we all expected Spain to win. Could have been a lot worse. NZ played better then Iraq! It will be interesting to see Iraq face the magicians..We could really use our klawchiness to help us get a draw.

Iraq 0 : 0 South Africa

I thought our midfielders were a bit nervous, and to cautious to go forward with the ball. They made no plays, only long distances passes to the strikers which get nowhere for us. Which explains why our offense was terrible. Our defense was okay though. I admit we did get lucky on that last possession. SA had an empty net yet the ball flopped from them. Sibhun'Allah

Edited by IRAQ-SA

I thought our midfielders were a bit nervous, and to cautious to go forward with the ball. They made no plays, only long distances passes to the strikers which get nowhere for us. Which explains why our offense was terrible. Our defense was okay though. I admit we did get lucky on that last possession. SA had an empty net yet the ball flopped from them. Sibhun'Allah

I think this is the most important thing about this tournament. The Brazil's and Spain's will always be there but this is more crucial for Iraqi football and its national pride. I do wish them well. They deserve it.

Offense? Are you American? lol

egypt played well good knowing that they were playing the mighty BRAZIL

zidan egypts best player there (Zinedine Zidane's twin lol not exactly the same)

italy of course will win, although its their 1st confed tournament and being the oldest squad there aint easy for these italiano men.

spain are on some next level

and from what i have seen so far spain, brazil and italy look good, however being an azzurri lover i have to say they are shaky but then again that how they are

I don't really know .. I think the defence was good. The attack was absolutely terrible. Overall I think it was an okeyish game for Iraq considering it was playing such a team as Spain. I must say though, the Iraqi goalkeeper is doing good for Iraq!

^Yahh Mohammad Gassid did a REALY good job, despite that goal from STUPID David Villa which he didn't even try going for!

I'm SOO gutted -_-

INSHALLAH South Africa and New Zealand tie today tho

I actually didnt expect we would play like this..Ya3ni this is SPAIN!!!

But we did a good job but our attack was horrible and Nashat should have scored. M. Kassid was our hero today!

Iraq have been lousy this first half against NZ. They aren't making right passes, they aren't getting in any threating positions and there is no rhythm going. They really need to pick it up a few dozen notches for the second half.

Edited by Shia & Proud

Sorry my Iraqi people. Man for its worth, you guys should have won last nite. The Kiwi keeper was on top form. But atleast it was a a good learning experience. Conceded only one goal. Thats not too shabby.

(salam)

I just want the Iraqis to know that I know your team sucks at soccer which is why you guys got kicked out, but don't worry. Just be happy because on the contrary:

PAKISTAN ARE WORLD T20 CRICKET CHAMPIONS :!!!:

We are almost the same any ways. Ya3ni, we get bombed, you get bombed. We got insurgents, you got insurgents. We got Shias [more than Iraq :lol:], you got Shias. You had Saddam, we had Zia ul-Haq. We win cricket; you guys, I mean don't exactly always win, but I would like to share this happiness of becoming WORLD champions with all of you. Just as long as you keep India out of this happiness, today and for all eternity to come InshAllah.

And as for soccer; it's all about Brazil anyways :rolleyes:. I mean how can you beat a team with Robinho, Fabiano and Kaka B). They should win it again for the third time. Predicting a Spain vs Brazil final . . .

Wassalam

(salam)

I just want the Iraqis to know that I know your team sucks at soccer which is why you guys got kicked out, but don't worry. Just be happy because on the contrary:

PAKISTAN ARE WORLD T20 CRICKET CHAMPIONS :!!!:

We are almost the same any ways. Ya3ni, we get bombed, you get bombed. We got insurgents, you got insurgents. We got Shias [more than Iraq :lol:], you got Shias. You had Saddam, we had Zia ul-Haq. We win cricket; you guys, I mean don't exactly always win, but I would like to share this happiness of becoming WORLD champions with all of you. Just as long as you keep India out of this happiness, today and for all eternity to come InshAllah.

And as for soccer; it's all about Brazil anyways :rolleyes:. I mean how can you beat a team with Robinho, Fabiano and Kaka B). They should win it again for the third time. Predicting a Spain vs Brazil final . . .

Wassalam

PSH

Oh Please, atleast Pakistan always makes it far in cricket..Iraq..well lets just say the farthest we've gone was like 1976 world cup and...winning the Asian Cup which isnt really much -_-

Torres vs Kaka

what a great game thats gonna be :D

I'm surprised how terrible we played on the world stage. This was an opportunity for our players to shine and potentially catch the attention of some good European clubs. I was watching these games thinking how our game resembled some of the women's football matches I've seen in lack of pace and clumsiness. We were slow, indecisive, physically weak, uncoordinated and lacked confidence and passion with the ball. Hawaar was falling all over the ball and Mahmood kept going off-side and collapsing (he really needs the gym and some strength training).Nashat was slugish. Football is all about passing and that was our single greatest deficiency. Our players seem to lack the "football mind" in that regard and kept trying to dribble past players.

This is all in contrast to how we played in 2007 and how Egypt played recently; it really seperated the men from the boys.

Having said that, I'm surprised by our ability to paralise a game such that the European champions - Spain - couldn't find the way to the goal more than once. Kudos to Salam Shakir was great in defense and Mohammed Gassid as goalie. It also didn't help that our current coach has been with us for such a short period of time prior to the tournament.

Edited by MajiC

^ Lol yah Bora really didn't do much...We need Viera back :(

Plus, I don't think our team had much confidence entering this competition..expecially knowing that Spain was in their group. But, Nashat does have a contract with some Dutch team he'll be joining later on this year..:unsure:

:lol: at spain... losing to USA haha if it was Germany they would have owned them :D

Anyhoo, on Americas behalf they played a good game (defense and offense wise) they made great use of the ball! It's too bad Spains winning streak has come to an end though.