Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Niqaab

Rate this topic

Salaam

Why don't Shia women cover their face ? - or are there any that do ? - compared to Sunnis, they seem to be very rare.

Is there a reason for this ?

Thank you.

It seems as though your attempt of comparison is in favour of the latter.

Regardless of that, let me ask you this: "Why do sunni women cover their faces? - are there rules for that in sunni ideology?" and you do not have to answer this, it is merely a point of perspective for you

Incomparable to any sect of islam, the niqaab is worn based on personal choice. there is really no ruling for the masking of the face, unless a woman possesses such beauty that even a mere glance of her face in the presence of full hijab would contract a man to sinful thoughts. even in this case, we find that many women do not possess such characteristics. moreover, in today's western society niqaab is worn by a majority of women who strive for a radical islamic theory, no more no less.

Also, just out of curisoity.. aren't muslims suppose to carry themselves with dignified self images, cleanliness and friendly/approachable physical characteristics? Sometimes niqaab to me is a quite frightening thing to see... especially when the women wearing it are of the most brutish nature.

...Just a thought

• Advanced Member

It's not a sin why would it be?

there is really no ruling for the masking of the face, unless a woman possesses such beauty that even a mere glance of her face in the presence of full hijab would contract a man to sinful thoughts

Thats the general veiw Shia have on Niqaab

Personally I've found that women who wear niqaab start wearing it because they feel they've reached some high level of religiousness surely if the niqaab was so important then they would have worn it anyway. I mean what's all that about?

Edited by Progeny07
  • Advanced Member
That was one of the main reasons I asked. Is there a reason why Iranian women don't cover their faces ? - and if they do, is it a sin, according to Shia belief ?

Really? I've noticed that a lot of women who come from Iran to Australia wear it, and in fact at a higher rate than sunni women. Maybe you're just comparing shia women to the sunni women you know, which will create bias.