Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Shieflower

Imam Ali (as) the Distributor of Paradise and Hell

Rate this topic

(bismillah) (salam)

Imam Ali (as) the Distributor of Paradise and Hell

There is a narration about Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) High Station (Maqam-e-Mahmood), which you mention

in the Ziyarat of Ashura. It is a part of the Field of Gathering. All the Messengers, saints and righteous people, chief of whom

is Muhammad (pbuh) , would be present there.

It is a lofty pulpit of light having a thousand steps. On the first step is the seal of the Prophets, Muhammad (pbuh)

and on the next one, Lion of God Almighty (Asadullah Al-Ghalib), Ali bin Abi Talib (as) . On all other steps would

be the rest of the Messengers, Prophets, and righteous people according to their status. At the base would be the believers,

who would also gain entry to that high place. In this praised location (Maqaame-e-Mahmood), for which the Holy Prophet prays,

an extraordinarily and extremely handsome angel comes to the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and says, “I am Rizwan,

the keeper of Paradise.” He brings with him the key of the gate of Paradise and says, “I have been ordered to hand over the

key to the gate of Paradise to your honor.”

Thereafter, an extremely frightening angel comes up and says, “I am the keeper of hell and I am commanded to hand over

the key of hell to your honor.” The Holy Prophet (pbuh) says, “O Ali (as) ! Take up these keys; the division of

people for entry to paradise and hell is in your hand.” The Holy Prophet (pbuh) himself announces, “I am also

coming and setting on, on the Sirat. Anyone who has permission from Ali (as) can cross the bridge of Sirat happily and luckily.”

If the master does not intercede on the Day of Judgment in our favor, we will take offence against the decorator that he made us ugly.

(Persian couplet)

It is mentioned in an authentic tradition that, on that Day, all would be wailing, “O God! Be merciful to me, save me, save me.”

There would be only one gentleman who would appeal, “O Lord! Save my Ummah, my Ummah (Followers)”, and that person is Muhammad (s).

It is mentioned in Khasais of Shaykh Sadooq, that when the Holy Prophet (pbuh) narrated the prophecy of Husain’s (as)

martyrdom to Zahra (as) till he even described the grave of Husain (as) he said, “Tomorrow, on the Day of Judgment,

I will intercede in favor of anyone who visits the grave of Husain (as) .” The most hope-filled sentence is that the

Holy Prophet (pbuh) said, “I myself would search that person so that I may give salvation to him; even if he is in a

deep cavity he would get salvation.” Would such a person have any sign? Yes, it would be written on his forehead in radiant writing:

Here is the one who visited the grave of Husain (as) .

By: Ayatullah Dastghaib Shirazi

http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=4855

(bismillah)

(salam)

jazakullah

imam ali is the distributor of paradise and hell

it is a sahih hadeeth, even as per sunnis

for details read

http://www.wilayat.net/index.php?option=co...s&Itemid=54

(bismillah)

(salam)

Can you point out which sahih hadith says that he is the distributor of paradise and hell, I read through the link, but couldn't find anything that says he is.

"During judgment, a person's own "book of deeds" will be given to the person, and will be apprised of every deed and every word one spoke (Qur'an 54.52-53). If given in the right, that Person will go to Jannah (paradise). If he gets it in his left, he's going to Jahannam (Hell). Actions during childhood are not judged. Even minor and trivial deeds are included in the account. When the hour is at hand, some will deny that the Last Judgment is taking place and will be warned that the Judgment precedes the "Day of Pining" (distress) (Qur'an 30.55-57, 19.39). If one denies a deed he or she committed, or refuses to acknowledge it, his or her body parts will testify against them." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Judgment#Islam)

My opinion in that hadith that it contradicts the Quran, because only Allah (swt) is the Judge and Allah (swt) is the one and only who decides who goes to hell and heaven.

Unless you can provide me with evidence from the Quran stating that Imam Ali (a.s) is the judge, I have to consider this Hadith as weak.

(salam)

(bismillah) (salam)

1 Question:I thought Allah (swt) was the one who judges, am I correct?

(bismillah) (salam)

1 Answer : Allah is the one who judges. But this is the way He judges.

For understanding it let us see how Imam Reza (as) explained this question in an easy way.

Imam Reza´s (as) explanations

Al-Mamoon once asked him why the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali (as) is called the divider of Paradise and of Hell,

and how that attribute came to be applied to him. The Imam (Reza) (as) in turn asked him, "O commander of the faithful!

Have you not narrated from your father from his forefathers quoting Abdullah ibn Abbas saying that he had heard the

Messenger of God (pbuh) saying, `Loving Ali (as) is iman, and hating him is kufr?'"

Al-Mamoon answered in the affirmative, so the Imam said, "If the distribution of Paradise and of Hell is done

according to loving or hating him, then he is the distributor of Paradise and of Hell."

Al-Mamoon then said, "May God never permit me to live after your demise, O father of al-Hassan (as) !

I testify that you are the heir of the knowledge of the Messenger of God (pbuh) ."

Abul-Salt al-Harawi said, "After the Imam (as) had gone back home, I came to visit him, and I said to him,

`O son of the Messenger of God! What an excellent answer you have given the commander of the faithful!'

He said, `O Abul-Salt! I spoke to him in the way he understood best, and I have heard my father telling hadith from

his forefathers about Ali (as) saying, `The Messenger of God (pbuh) said: `O Ali! (as) You are the distributor

of Paradise and Hell on the Day of Judgement; you say to Hell: `This is mine, and that is yours...'"

Al-Mamoon was probably unable to absorb the idea that the Imam (as) was a direct distributor of Paradise and Hell,

as his question to the Imam suggested; this is why he asked him, "O Abul-Hassan! Tell me about your grandfather

the Commander of the Faithful ; in which way and in which sense is he distributor of Paradise and Hell,

for I have been contemplating a lot about that...?" The answer of the Imam was realistic on its own grounds,

and it does not contradict the statement he made to Abul-Salt in which he indicated that his distribution is direct,

not just in meaning, and the Imam (as) did not openly tell al-Mamoon that the distribution was not direct,

but his wise statement was regarding the origin of being called as such.

Ref : http://www.al-islam.org/al-rida/2-6.htm

(bismillah)

(salam)

1 Answer : Allah is the one who judges. But this is the way He judges.

For understanding it let us see how Imam Reza as.gif explained this question in an easy way.

Imam Reza´s as.gif explanations

Al-Mamoon once asked him why the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali as.gif is called the divider of Paradise and of Hell,

and how that attribute came to be applied to him. The Imam (Reza) as.gif in turn asked him, "O commander of the faithful!

Have you not narrated from your father from his forefathers quoting Abdullah ibn Abbas saying that he had heard the

Messenger of God pbuh.gif saying, `Loving Ali as.gif is iman, and hating him is kufr?'"

Al-Mamoon answered in the affirmative, so the Imam said, "If the distribution of Paradise and of Hell is done

according to loving or hating him, then he is the distributor of Paradise and of Hell."

Al-Mamoon then said, "May God never permit me to live after your demise, O father of al-Hassan as.gif !

I testify that you are the heir of the knowledge of the Messenger of God pbuh.gif ."

Abul-Salt al-Harawi said, "After the Imam as.gif had gone back home, I came to visit him, and I said to him,

`O son of the Messenger of God! What an excellent answer you have given the commander of the faithful!'

He said, `O Abul-Salt! I spoke to him in the way he understood best, and I have heard my father telling hadith from

his forefathers about Ali as.gif saying, `The Messenger of God pbuh.gif said: `O Ali! as.gif You are the distributor

of Paradise and Hell on the Day of Judgement; you say to Hell: `This is mine, and that is yours...'"

Al-Mamoon was probably unable to absorb the idea that the Imam as.gif was a direct distributor of Paradise and Hell,

as his question to the Imam suggested; this is why he asked him, "O Abul-Hassan! Tell me about your grandfather

the Commander of the Faithful ; in which way and in which sense is he distributor of Paradise and Hell,

for I have been contemplating a lot about that...?" The answer of the Imam was realistic on its own grounds,

and it does not contradict the statement he made to Abul-Salt in which he indicated that his distribution is direct,

not just in meaning, and the Imam as.gif did not openly tell al-Mamoon that the distribution was not direct,

but his wise statement was regarding the origin of being called as such.

mashallah sister

and the link i gave states a similar saying from imam ahmad bin hanbal

let me quote

We read in Tabaqat al-Hanabilah 1/320 of Abu Ya'la:

æÞÇá ãÍãÏ Èä ãäÕæÑ : ßäÇ ÚäÏ ÃÍãÏ Èä ÍäÈá ÝÞÇá áå ÑÌá : íÇ ÇÈÇ ÚÈÏÇááå ãÇÊÞæá Ýí åÐÇ ÇáÍÏíË ÇáÐí íÑæì : Ãä ÚáíÇ ÞÇá : ( ÃäÇ ÞÓíã ÇáäÇÑ ) ¿ ÝÞÇá ÃÍãÏ : æãÇÊäßÑæä ãä ÐÇ ¿ ÃáíÓ ÑæíäÇ Ãä ÇáäÈí Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÃáå ÞÇá áÚáí : ( áÇ íÍÈß ÅáÇ ãÄãä æáÇ íÈÛÖß ÅáÇ ãäÇÝÞ ) ÞáäÇ : Èáì , ÞÇá : ÝÃíä ÇáãÄãä ¿ ÞáäÇ Ýí ÇáÌäÉ . ÞÇá æÃíä ÇáãäÇÝÞ ¿ ÞáäÇ : Ýí ÇáäÇÑ . ÞÇá ÃÍãÏ : ÝÚáí ÞÓíã ÇáäÇÑ .

Muhammad ibn Mansur said: We were with Ahmad ibn Hanbal when a man said to him: O Abu Abdullah! What is your opinion about this hadith that people narrate, that Ali said: "I am the distributor of Hell". Ahmad answered him: What are you people denying in this? Have we not narrated that the Holy Prophet pbuh.gif said to Ali: "Only a mumin can love you, and only a hypocrite can hate you"?

We said: It is true.

Ahmad then said: Where will mumins go?

We said: Paradise.

He again said: Where will hypocrites go?

We answered: Hellfire.

Ahmad then said: So, truly, Ali is the distributor of Hell.

This narration has also been cited from the above source in Imam al-Sadiq wa al-Madhahib al-Arba.

"During judgment, a person's own "book of deeds" will be given to the person, and will be apprised of every deed and every word one spoke (Qur'an 54.52-53). If given in the right, that Person will go to Jannah (paradise). If he gets it in his left, he's going to Jahannam (Hell). Actions during childhood are not judged. Even minor and trivial deeds are included in the account. When the hour is at hand, some will deny that the Last Judgment is taking place and will be warned that the Judgment precedes the "Day of Pining" (distress) (Qur'an 30.55-57, 19.39). If one denies a deed he or she committed, or refuses to acknowledge it, his or her body parts will testify against them." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Judgment#Islam)

My opinion in that hadith that it contradicts the Quran, because only Allah (swt) is the Judge and Allah (swt) is the one and only who decides who goes to hell and heaven.

brother you have quoted verses wrongly

you should have first seen the verses

let us see what the verses say

first we see surat ul qamar,

52. æóßõáøõ ÔóíúÁò ÝóÚóáõæåõ Ýöí ÇáÒøõÈõÑö

And everything they have done is in the writings.

53. æóßõáøõ ÕóÛöíÑò æóßóÈöíÑò ãõÓúÊóØóÑñ

And everything small and great is written down.

it is not written who will be distributing heaven and hell in these verse, it just says that their actions are written

then you quoted surat ul rome

56. æóÞóÇáó ÇáøóÐöíäó ÃõæÊõæÇ ÇáúÚöáúãó æóÇáúÅöíãóÇäó áóÞóÏú áóÈöËúÊõãú Ýöí ßöÊóÇÈö Çááøóåö Åöáóìٰ íóæúãö ÇáúÈóÚúËö ۖ ÝóåóٰÐóÇ íóæúãõ ÇáúÈóÚúËö æóáóٰßöäøóßõãú ßõäúÊõãú áóÇ ÊóÚúáóãõæäó

And those who are given knowledge and faith will say: Certainly you tarried according to the ordinance of Allah till the day of resurrection, so this is the day of resurrection, but you did not know.

thanks for sharing this verse......

a quick Question please reply...hell and heaven are eternal or limited to some time?

(bismillah) A.s.A

Well, I just went through this thread on SC about imam hussain a.s saying to her daughter at the day of ashura that, do not weep, people on earth die, people in heaven die..no life in imortal

I also thought when we go to heaven, we live forever..

ahh, i can't really locate the thread right now, but soon will find and edit this post (wasalam)

Edited by MohsenAli

(bismillah) (salam) mashallah sister

and the link i gave states a similar saying from imam ahmad bin hanbal

let me quote

We read in Tabaqat al-Hanabilah 1/320 of Abu Ya'la:

æÞÇá ãÍãÏ Èä ãäÕæÑ : ßäÇ ÚäÏ ÃÍãÏ Èä ÍäÈá ÝÞÇá áå ÑÌá : íÇ ÇÈÇ ÚÈÏÇááå ãÇÊÞæá Ýí åÐÇ ÇáÍÏíË ÇáÐí íÑæì : Ãä ÚáíÇ ÞÇá : ( ÃäÇ ÞÓíã ÇáäÇÑ ) ¿ ÝÞÇá ÃÍãÏ : æãÇÊäßÑæä ãä ÐÇ ¿ ÃáíÓ ÑæíäÇ Ãä ÇáäÈí Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÃáå ÞÇá áÚáí : ( áÇ íÍÈß ÅáÇ ãÄãä æáÇ íÈÛÖß ÅáÇ ãäÇÝÞ ) ÞáäÇ : Èáì , ÞÇá : ÝÃíä ÇáãÄãä ¿ ÞáäÇ Ýí ÇáÌäÉ . ÞÇá æÃíä ÇáãäÇÝÞ ¿ ÞáäÇ : Ýí ÇáäÇÑ . ÞÇá ÃÍãÏ : ÝÚáí ÞÓíã ÇáäÇÑ .

Muhammad ibn Mansur said: We were with Ahmad ibn Hanbal when a man said to him: O Abu Abdullah! What is your opinion about this hadith that people narrate, that Ali said: "I am the distributor of Hell". Ahmad answered him: What are you people denying in this? Have we not narrated that the Holy Prophet pbuh.gif said to Ali: "Only a mumin can love you, and only a hypocrite can hate you"?

We said: It is true.

Ahmad then said: Where will mumins go?

We said: Paradise.

He again said: Where will hypocrites go?

He answered: Hellfire.

Ahmad then said: So, truly, Ali is the distributor of Hell.

This narration has also been cited from the above source in Imam al-Sadiq wa al-Madhahib al-Arba.

(bismillah) (salam)

Jazak Allah khair. Mashallah to You too. I did not read Your link until know.

Now it is a fact from both sunni and shia sources that Hazrat Ali (as) is the distributer of Heaven and Hell.

And also the expanations for how he can be the distributer. Jazak Allah khair everybody.

(bismillah) (salam)

More shiareferances :

The the gate-keeper of Paradise (Rizwan) will bring the keys of Paradise and hand them over to me. Likewise the Keeper of hell (Malik)

will also come and hand over the keys of hell to me. Then I in turn will give the keys to Ali the son of Abu Talib (as)

[o Ali ! You are the distributor of Paradise and hell –Holy Prophet (pbuh) ].

And at that time Paradise and hell will be obedient to me as a bride is to her groom. And this is the interpretation of the Verse (Ayah):

“Do cast into hell every ungrateful, rebellious one”. (Surah-al-Qaf: 24).

It is also stated in ‘Sawaeqe Muhriqa’ that no one will be able to pass over the Poole Serat unless he has a permit from Imam Ali (as) .

http://www.alimamali.com/books/eng/books/m...tm#_Toc32248339

(bismillah) (salam)

Ali (as) will be the Distributor of kausar (saqiye kausar).

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) told Ali (as) : “o Ali ! verily you are the distributor of (the water of) kausar”.

It is related in ukhisaal’ of Shaikh Sadooq that the Commander of the faithful Ali (as) said, “I along with my progeny

(Ahlulbait) (as) will be standing besides the Holy Prophet (pbuh) near the spring of kausar.

Whoever wishes to meet us should strive to emulate our actions and words. For every house has some generous and

noble people. Intercession (Shafa’at) is surely there for our friends. Hence strive to meet us there. For we shall shun

away our enemies from there and give our friends to drink from it. And whoever drinks a sip from that blessed water

will never become thirsty.

It is written in the saheeh of Bukhari that when some of the companions of the Prophet (pbuh) will be

removed from the kausar, the Prophet (pbuh) will say, “o my Lord! these are my companions”.

Allah will reply, “You do not know what they did after you.

They spread falsetradition and made changes irreligion (Bid at )

This tradition is also quoted in the ninth volume of the usaheeh of Muslim.

http://www.alimamali.com/books/eng/books/m...tm#_Toc32248339

(bismillah)

(salam)

mashallah sister

let me gift you one

ÍÏËäÇ ÇáÍÓä Èä ÚÈÏ Çááå Èä ÓÚíÏ ÞÇá ÃÎÈÑäÇ ÚãÑ Èä ÃÍãÏ Èä ÍãÏÇä ÇáÞÔÑí ÞÇá ÍÏËäÇ ÇáãÛíÑÉ Èä ãÍãÏ Èä ÇáãåáÈ ÞÇá ÍÏËäÇ ÚÈÏ ÇáÛÝÇÑ Èä ãÍãÏ Èä ßËíÑ ÇáßáÇÈí ÇáßæÝí Úä ÚãÑæ Èä ËÇÈÊ Úä ÌÇÈÑ Úä ÃÈí ÌÚÝÑ ãÍãÏ Èä Úáí Èä ÇáÍÓíä Úä Úáí Èä ÇáÍÓíä Úä ÃÈíå (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) ÞÇá ÞÇá ÑÓæá Çááå (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå) ÍÈí æÍÈ Ãåá ÈíÊí äÇÝÚ Ýí ÓÈÚÉ ãæÇØä ÃåæÇáåä ÚÙíãÉ ÚäÏ ÇáæÝÇÉ æÝí ÇáÞÈÑ æÚäÏ ÇáäÔæÑ æÚäÏ ÇáßÊÇÈ æÚäÏ ÇáÍÓÇÈ æÚäÏ ÇáãíÒÇä æÚäÏ ÇáÕÑÇØ.

al-amali, sheikh sudooq, majlis 3, hadeeth 3.

translation:-

holy prophet (pbuh) said that my and my ahlubait's love will benefit at 7 occasions and these are those times when one has a lot of fear, at the time of death, in grave, while coming out of grave, when book(which contains record of deeds) is given, at the time of judgment, at the time of meezan, and at sirat.

(bismillah) (salam)

Jazak Allah khair to everyone.

May Allah give all the beliving men and women the opportunity to get

the intercession of Ahle Bait and the passport to Paradise, Inshallah.

May He give us a good life in this life as well in the next, Inshallah.