Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
interesting_guy

do sisters like sports?

Rate this topic

jen ..................sees all hijabi sisters as being fat, ugly and out of shape
Also, please can you quote me where i said I think all hijabis are fat and ugly - or apologise. Thanks. By the way, lying is also haram, probably more or just as bad as not wearing hijab.
Edited by _jen_

BONAFIDE HUSTLER, I FEEL YA BROTHA WALLAH I FEEL YA

finally a brother that understands what sports is all about...some brothers here that suck at sports are trying to misguide the sisters thank u brotha for helping me encourage more sisters to get involved in sports, cuz as u say its life, its all about sports man u look at the great ones, u look at our imams they all played sports, they were fit, best in shape and warriors man going out there and fighting in wars they were strong, physically and mentally and does what sports prepare u for, and then u look at the great fatima al zahra (as) she loved horse riding, and the prophet (pbuh) used to play with her a lot, she was a very active woman, may all the sisters learn from der role models

ders also a physologicla side to it, sports help u relieve stress, keep u young, ders just so many advantages i have yet to find a disadadvantage in playing sports, except mabey getting injured but i means dats part of life

SALAM BROZ, U UNDERSTAND LIFE FROM HEAD TO TOE

Also, please can you quote me where i said I think all hijabis are fat and ugly - or apologise. Thanks. By the way, lying is also haram, probably more or just as bad as not wearing hijab.

LOOK jen i may have taken some of ur words out of context actually i said tht stuff based on what i feel aight i feel certain ppl have certain emotions and from readin ur posts in many hijab forums in the past cuz i knw man i see ur posts u be hatin on dis hijab and u be tryna degrade it so mabey u ddint say they are ugly, or fat but the idea is u despise them but i mean ill leave u alone cuz dats what y'all about ur opinion

Edited by interesting_guy

WEST INDIAN RUDEGYAL haaaaaaaahaaaahaaahaaa when i read what you wrote i thought dyaam i know this girrrl then i saw the name and just started laughin ahahaa knew it was you pmsl

woow wow wow hold up ther... eyy eyy watchu chattin bout man... :unsure: did i say ur agenst hijaabis.. eyyyy :unsure: did i say ur agenst hijaabis or non hijaabis.. i jus sed generally if sum1 dnt wear hijaab it dnt mean thy hate hijaabis... i dunno if jen jii hates hijaabis or nt.. i dnt think she does... and how does hijaab connect to sports fr goodness sake... :wacko: therz prbbly mre hijaabis who r connected to sports lyk i saw in the olympics :rolleyes:

and am nt saying ur abusing the ppl yu aint agreein wiv.. am jus sayin ur nt respectin their opinions n mre lyk forcin yur opinion on to thm.. leev em to it if thy aint into sports i am sum are nt.. many r nt... now 2moro sum sista gnna come say.. hey come n do sum make up wiv me n do ma hair..lets see wat am gnna wear fr party 2nite... yu obviously gnna b lyk no am nt interested coz thts wat alot of gurls do its lyk a nature... :rolleyes:

"MY MUSLIM FRIENDS" well yu aint gt every muslim as ur frend as in know them one on one...generally do you.. so yu cnt generalize wich yu clearly have done earlier... thats my point...

since when does wearing hijab equate to being a good muslimah? when did i ever say that? im not the one against hijabis here, jen is! im tryin to defend hijabis cuz jen believs (from reading her posts which i can quote her if she wants me to) that hijabis lack freedom to play sports, do certain stuff. u feel me? and i aint abusin anyone who doesnt agree with me lol? wth where did u get that from sat? get outta here with that [Edited Out]

i dont care what some shiachat brothers say on here, but me and all of my muslim friends look for sisters that are into sports, and believe it or not but it plays a big role in ones life. sports ftw

god bless all the sport sisters in this thread and guide the ones that make excuses

Yehh

sports just make life more interesting..I like watching and playing soccer, and basketball, sometimes tennis

oh and its a really good way to stay fit :)

THATS RIGHT!

Edited by Farhadfarsi83

woow wow wow hold up ther... eyy eyy watchu chattin bout man... :unsure: did i say ur agenst hijaabis.. eyyyy :unsure: did i say ur agenst hijaabis or non hijaabis.. i jus sed generally if sum1 dnt wear hijaab it dnt mean thy hate hijaabis... i dunno if jen jii hates hijaabis or nt.. i dnt think she does... and how does hijaab connect to sports fr goodness sake... :wacko: therz prbbly mre hijaabis who r connected to sports lyk i saw in the olympics :rolleyes:

and am nt saying ur abusing the ppl yu aint agreein wiv.. am jus sayin ur nt respectin their opinions n mre lyk forcin yur opinion on to thm.. leev em to it if thy aint into sports i am sum are nt.. many r nt... now 2moro sum sista gnna come say.. hey come n do sum make up wiv me n do ma hair..lets see wat am gnna wear fr party 2nite... yu obviously gnna b lyk no am nt interested coz thts wat alot of gurls do its lyk a nature... :rolleyes:

"MY MUSLIM FRIENDS" well yu aint gt every muslim as ur frend as in know them one on one...generally do you.. so yu cnt generalize wich yu clearly have done earlier... thats my point...

k.

1) Why aren't sister into sports?

i believe coz they become busy in other things, cooking, education, marriage etc

culture as well plays a big part to it

2) What sports do you like?

i love my sports

i play and watch many sports

but football = life

3) Favourite sport person?

there are many legendary footballers

i can list many and many indeed

but i wont

i think there's more of a stigma for males to be involved in sports and it tends to be an important rite of passage for them... whereas girls are totally free to like or dislike it.

the female equivalent might be shopping or something... i'm not crazy about it personally, but it's undeniably one of those things every girl feels somewhat pressured to like or be interested in, whereas males can take it or leave it.

street hockey's my favorite, followed by ice skating, cricket, archery, rollerblading, martial arts, mountain climbing, and hiking. insh'Allah in college i'm going to try taking up fencing or tae kwon do. i enjoy watching soccer and basketball, but i get lulled to sleep watching cricket and american football as they make very little sense to me.

usain bolt... i don't know much about him except that he runs impossibly fast, but he has a really cool name. *shrug*

The only reason I can come up with is Indo/Pak culture. It doesn't really promote much physical activity. Our culture tends to dim us down sometimes. Back when my older sisters were joining some varsity teams at school my parents wouldn't be so encouraging towards it. But over the years they've become a little more open towards it. Being the youngest of all the siblings, it was easy for me to join sport with some support from my parents.

Archery is far the best sport ever in my opinion. I love it with a passion. It teaches you perseverance and determination. As it is also recommended in Islam.

I also enjoy playing Tennis (Table Tennis), Badminton, Volleyball

My own friend. I've seen her determination in sports and its just amazing. She showed be how to get from ground zero to cloud nine.

To the OP: do you mean sisters who like sports, sisters who exercise, or both? Just because a sister doesn't do any sports doesn't mean she doesn't exercise either. The opposite of disliking sports is not being fat and lazy. On the contrary, many people exercise (via running, biking, swimming, weight lifting, etc.) not because they like it necessarily, but because they like the results from it. So if you're looking for sisters who like to stay in shape and who exercise, you'll probably attract a much larger range of responses.

With that being said, I like staying in shape, so I run and lift weights regularly. Do I like running or weight lifting? Ehh, some days yes, other days I just want to get through it.

Sports on the other hand - I love volleyball and swimming. I played basketball and softball as well through high school, but I just wasn't cut out for the aggressiveness needed to survive... I'm too nice to play rough, aggressive sports. :)