Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sayeda Zahra

Visiting Iraq in summer 2009

Rate this topic

Guest Peace

Salam

I went in Feb - it was wicked - I def think u shud go!! and dont think oh this isnt rite or this - just go for it cus I did stuff last minute and it was definitely worth it!

Another person I know at work also recently went - altho he is a sunni muslim but went to visit his wife's family. They had a good time there.

It is dangerous - 2 bombs went off when we were there ( during Arbaeen time) but u know that par for the course. The peace u get is amazing. Imam Hussain (as) and Hazarat Abbas' (as) haram are unlike nethin ive ever experienced. I thought Medina was my fave place - visiting the haram of the Prophet (saw) there is just a beauty to the place espec at prayer time when every1 rushes to the mosque and the sky changes such beautiful colours - pink and purple near maghrib. I preferred it to Mecca. But Kerbala - - just go words cannot describe it - go and U'll never regret it.

If u do decide to go and u need practical tips feel free to PM me. Cus there is some advice I wish I had known.

Wishin u a fulfillling ziyarat.

My father is in Iraq now and InshAllah I am visiting Iraq this summer too. He was in Karbala today and Alhamdulilah everything is fine. Do, pray at the shrine and do dua for Iraq. InshAllah nothing will happen and you will have a great time.

Salam.

The best time to go to Iraq for zyiara is in winter time, because it doesnt get that hot and it doesnt get that cold, and it get's pretty hot in iraq in summer. Iraq is beautiful i went in dec last year (2008) stayed till late feb(2009), the experience is amazing. Words cannot explain kerbala or Najaf, I'm talking about the Imam's.

It's beautiful.

Salam.

The best time to go to Iraq for zyiara is in winter time, because it doesnt get that hot and it doesnt get that cold, and it get's pretty hot in iraq in summer.

I agree!

Plus, there's a HUGE (literally, very bad) sandstorm there now.

It'll clear up though. I also hear lizards (as the iraqis call it, abu brais) come out in the summer! :unsure:

Nevertheless, ziyarah is beautiful no matter what kind of hardships you go through.

Salams

Alhamdulilah I did ziyara at Najaf and Karbala and I echo Peace's sentiments about it being the most spiritual place i have been too

I encourage everyone who wants to go to ziyara to ignore the media and go for it.... you see such a wide mix of people from all over the world... India, Pakistan, Iran, Lebanon and Iraq (of course)

There are many checkpoints everywhere which in a way made me feel safer but all the ladies that search u are so lovely but firm... e.g. i wasn't allowed to take in perfume that i had in my handbag to imam hussains shrine similarly to how you cannot take liquids on a plane

If anyone has any further qs then please feel free to ask!