Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Shia7

Sins thta trap dua

Rate this topic

(salam)

Im just wondering, What type of sins trap you dua from reaching to Allah (swt)?

I believe the major sins like zana, suud, disrespect for parents, disbelief in Tauheed and Risalat and many other sins which are related to "Rights of People" are likely to trap our dua from reaching Allah Subhanahu Ta'Allah.

But we can't just always assume that our duwas are being rejected because of our sins. Sometimes are duwas are pending or they are rejected for our own good.

Salams

Edited by inshaAllah

Ok so i was thinking.. Allah says he's always by our side & he's the only 1 we should rely on. Yet in du3a komail its says that some du3a isnt reaching god coza sins.. Am confused nw O_o

In duaa Kumayl we are asking Allah (swt) to keep away all sins and specifically ones'

that hold back supplication--- "Allahumma-gfir liyad'-d'unoobil-latee tah'bisud duaa"

b/c there are conditions in which help our duaa reach Allah (swt)....

For example, the amount of Khushu in our duaa, sincerity, and also if we are facing

the direction towards mecca when doing duaa (which is highly recommended)....

We must understand that if we are committing sin, ultimately we are stearing in a 'wrong

path' and that takes away from the 'right path' like a tug-of-war....

So the more good the easier the path of transmission!!

May Allah (swt) guide you InshAllah........

well i know that when you obey/respect parents .... you get a longer life or something like that... apparently god has kept people alive just because of this one action. i dont know much on this subject though.

(bismillah)

With respect to the question, here is the answer from the book "Sharh-e-Dua-e-Kumail" by Shaykh Husayn Ansaryan on the meaning behind that line in Dua Kumail:

Imam Sajjad (as) has given seven types of sins which stop a dua from being accepted:

(1) Having bad intention

(2) Internally ill characteristics (spiritual ailments)

(3) Acting with hypocrisy (nifaq) with fellow Muslims

(4) Not having certainty

(5) Delaying the mandatory prayers so much to the extent the time passes.

(6) Stopping the doing of good deeds and truthfulness which act as a means to pleasure of Allah.

(7) Speaking to fellow human beings with vulgar and bad words and spoiling the tongue with curses.

And then the book goes on with seven more sections which in detail explain what each of those 7 things mean. It's a bit lengthy, but if you or anyone wants me to translate and type any specific section or all of it, let me know and I'll be happy to do it.

This book is a treasure, and shows the vast depth and precious jewels of spiritual and moral knowledge stored within Dua Kumail is. I don't think it's available in English yet or online, so if anyone also needs the explanation of any of the other lines of Dua Kumail I would be happy to post those as well.

Jazak Allah Khair

But we can't just always assume that our duwas are being rejected because of our sins. Sometimes are duwas are pending or they are rejected for our own good.

But we should keep in mind that this is a possibility - hence the supplication of Imam Ali(as): "Allahumma-gfir liyad'-d'unoobil-latee tah'bisud duaa"

Well lets see ,,,,, its about 1:30 eastern time now and here i sit...............waiting for the tourney..........1v1 tourney to start.................hope it starts soon..................hmm............im just waiting................thank god my chair is comfortable.................puts a pillow behind his back..................waiting some more............thinking about sins stratigies..............................................................waiting somemore........................................................am i the only one left in the world?.......................still waiting..............

FatboySF

I found another commentary by Hussein A. Rahim on that verse. It's similar to the one that Al-e-Yasin posted above.

"According to Imam al-Sadiq (a.s), such sins are:

Bad faith

Ceasing to believe in the prayer being answered

Hypocrisy towards brethren

Delay in the saying of prayers in time

Violation of duties towards the two parents."

(Uququl Walidain)

(Anisul Lail)

i have asked ofr this before many tims but i would like to know the answer still as i dint get any answer till today that every verse of dua-e-joshin kabeer is for sumthing or the other n it states in the begining of every verse wat is it for.....but i want to know how to use those verses for those particular things...sorry to divert the original mailer