Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

CAKES

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam Alakum

So ladies and brothers if your reading this, do you bake your own cakes? I am a fan of baking all types of cakes and decorating them is my favorite part.

This is dedicated to posting picture of cakes that you have baked, share away. I will to :)

cupcakes I done... added food coloring on coconut and added on the cup cakes

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

Edited by 7azeenah87
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made these a while ago. Anyone want recipes, ask! ^_^ These are vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting, and caramel tartlets. With shai, of course! Inside of the tartlet. The fact that they're small

I'll have it up for you tomorrow :) The quickest and easiest thing is a chocolate ganache. Keep it at room temp and spread it over a cake, or refrigerate it for a bit so that you can pipe designs etc.

I put on weight just by looking at these pictures.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

Bake? no

Eat? Yes

In fact, I love the damn thing. Any type, any sort, any kind. . . My mouth starts watering like a Pavlov's dog as soon as I smell cake around me. :blush:

Edited by Marbles
  • Advanced Member

Oooh maryam!

invite ur gfs 4 a cooking day :D that would heat up the rainy day :)

sayad ali fruits r ok, but u still need a cake in ur system :P

marbels i'll make u a cake 1 day, but u'll have 2 buy me 1 so i get excited 2 bake :P

• Veteran Member
Bake? no

Eat? Yes

In fact, I love the damn thing. Any type, any sort, any kind. . . My mouth starts watering like a Pavlov's dog as soon as I smell cake around me. :blush:

I love to make it and to smell it baking even more than eating it.. I looove that smell.

Oooh maryam!

invite ur gfs 4 a cooking day :D that would heat up the rainy day :)

sayad ali fruits r ok, but u still need a cake in ur system :P

marbels i'll make u a cake 1 day, but u'll have 2 buy me 1 so i get excited 2 bake :P

good idea but if I invite girls over we will talk and forget to bake :P

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Oh no I did not even presume you used canned cream (actually thats the first I heard of it). I meant is it fresh cream as opposed to butter icing.

Cold vanilla custard? That sounds even more mouth-watering!!! How did you use the custard? Did you layer the cake with it? Sorry I am such a dud at baking :blush: ...but an ace at eating cakes ;)

• Advanced Member

Salam.

lol, Oh, sorry, my apologies blush.gif. I like butter icing but I'd only use it on top on a simple cake. Like a chocolate cake or something like that.

And yep, unfortunately there is such thing as canned cream. If you imagine a graffitti can, then imagine such can with whipped cream in it which you just...spray on to food. So disgusting. You can also get canned cheese *throws up*. I'm not in to processed and canned food at all...lol.

Oh, it's okay Hon', you can ask all that you want blush.gif. I'm sure you're not as bad as you think you are at baking laugh.gif.

Yes, that's exactly how I used the cold vanilla custard. I made it quite thick so it would "stay" on the cake. There were 3 layers of spongecake which were all were spread with raspberry jam (except the 3rd layer), custard and fruits (only the 2 first layers, of course).

• Advanced Member

Salam.

lol, Oh, sorry, my apologies blush.gif. I like butter icing but I'd only use it on top on a simple cake. Like a chocolate cake or something like that.

And yep, unfortunately there is such thing as canned cream. If you imagine a graffitti can, then imagine such can with whipped cream in it which you just...spray on to food. So disgusting. You can also get canned cheese *throws up*. I'm not in to processed and canned food at all...lol.

Oh yeah now that you mention it, I have seen on TV some kids spraying whipped cream directly into their mouths....yeuchhh!! I second you on canned cheese even!

Oh, it's okay Hon', you can ask all that you want blush.gif. I'm sure you're not as bad as you think you are at baking laugh.gif.

I think therefore I am :angel:

Yes, that's exactly how I used the cold vanilla custard. I made it quite thick so it would "stay" on the cake. There were 3 layers of spongecake which were all were spread with raspberry jam (except the 3rd layer), custard and fruits (only the 2 first layers, of course).

Divine!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Bake? no

Eat? Yes

Ah......straight through the stomach eh Marbles?! how you been?

Chocolate brownie cake that i made...no fancy toppings though... :)

OMGosh i just gained 5lbs just by looking at it.....looks gooey yummy

• 3 weeks later...

Looks delicious.

Can you post the recipe? Thanks! :)

Sure...smile.gif

ingredients:

1 cup flour

1 cup ground sugar

3/4 cup cocoa(you can decrease if you want less chocolaty)

3/4-1 cup melted butter

some pieces of milk chocolate

2-3 eggs

1 tsp baking powder

few drops of vanilla essence

Method:

1.Mix butter and sugar...beat till a creamy and pale mixture is formed.

2.Add the eggs to this mixture and mix well

3.In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa.

4. fold this dry mixture into the wet one...add the vanilla essence.

5. butter the baking dish and pour the mixture in it.

6. take the milk chocolate and put it randomly in the mixture

7. bake till a toothpick or knife comes out clean.

Icing:

Mix cream, cocoa powder, sugar till a nice fluffy mixture is formed. spread that out on the cake.

Edited by farwa
  • Veteran Member

In england you can buy these baking mixes, cakes,brownies,cookies,all sorts, all you need to do is mix with eggs,oil and water, place in oven, wait however long it takes. Then your good to go,they taste pretty good as well. In the oven they smell as nice as home made ones (and you can still lick the bowl,or is that just me?)

Also what's nice is (there are various forms for this) is when you get some rice crispies (or frosties,kornflakes) then you melt some chocolate (rollo is good because it has caramel but I've seen other types used), then mix it up. I'm not sure what the last part is,divide them by putting them in those things cup cakes go in.then I think you just put in the fridge to cool down. Any ways,they're really nice

Edited by ShahHussain
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...