Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
lotfilms

Wet Dreams vs. Masturbation (men only)

Rate this topic

Before this thread embraces its destiny i.e. the trashpit, I'd like to discuss some last arguments. Why can't a person just say qabiltu qabiltu to their hand (then indicate a yes with your hand, thumbs up or whatever) and get it over with, take a bath, and successfully continue to cheat all the horrible consequences (you know, children, STDs, harmful gossip, etc.) that are liable to come with the accepted alternative. It seems to me that it actually conforms with the idea of "guarding your private parts" and "staying chaste" too which sound like broad and general terms by the way. You see I have difficulty digesting that these commands are specifically for the forbiddance of the pretty harmless act in question. Maybe there are hadiths that specifically forbid this thing?

If you conduct a survey you will probably find that habitual wankers are the least liable to commit rape or adultry while if you survey for adultry i'm pretty sure you will find an eye opening number among young muslims. It makes sense. If the frustration is released, you save yourself from the biggest sins like adultry, rape, covetting and the pursuit of such illegal pleasures. So infact masturbation seems to be a discrete and harmless form of sexual release and helps you keep yourself chaste and free of sins that deeply damage other individuals and yourself and result in illegal, aborted or mistreated or broken-home children and what not! It's free, silent, indiginous, and has no consequences.

I know you'll come back with "but you must share the experience!" but that bit is not written anywhere isn't it. Sorry if I'm stepping on someone's tail with this repeatedly but just take it as an educational and theoretical only discussion. No need to bring the flamethrower. :!!!:

Disclaimer: I do not condone or endorse this act in any way or form not do I commit it myself. The arguments presented are for an educational exercise only. Anyone who leads themself astray because of adopting something from such a casual debate between ordinary people is infact only deceiving themself. Please contact your marja for practical answers.

'Ooh, semen! Dirty, yuck, ick!' This is just like the typical prejudice of a spoiled, over-indulged daddy's girl who never matured beyond adolescence and who has no idea of the ways of the world. You're saying this is Islam? Provide your sources. Give us some proof if you are truthful!

I ALWAYS consult an Islamic scholar for an opinion on all matters. That Islamic scholar is myself. I encourage all the youth to examine the SOURCES of Islamic law not the self-appointed middlemen. We will not shut down this forum or this discussion just for your sake. I suggest you do some growing up.

ur an islamic scholar? lol anyway ur attitue is quite rediculously discusting. so please dont expect to be backed up. u asked for an open discussion and feedback was given, no need to be rude and name call. an islamic so called scholar doesnt do that.

and i didnt say semen is yuck so please dnt make up things, i said the act of masturbating is discusting, a personal thing which me and many share same opinion about.

maybe you should be more maure about the discussion rather than name call like a little kid

thank you my so called "scholar"

ur an islamic scholar? lol anyway ur attitue is quite rediculously discusting. so please dont expect to be backed up. u asked for an open discussion and feedback was given, no need to be rude and name call. an islamic so called scholar doesnt do that.

There was no name-calling. You're simply not worth calling any names at all. I don't really care what you do or the attitudes you have. But when you come here with your ignorance and expect your prejudices to be taken at face-value, you are sorely misguided by your so-called 'scholar'. Maybe you should choose another one.

and i didnt say semen is yuck so please dnt make up things, i said the act of masturbating is discusting, a personal thing which me and many share same opinion about.

Nobody cares who holds this opinion or that. Only Islamic proofs count for anything. Islam is a not a democracy and we don't take a vote on who gets admitted to Paradise.

Congratulations. All of your so-called Islamic observances are worth nothing at all, if you look down your nose at other people while doing them. In your arrogance you have missed the entire point of Islam and will not reap its rewards. :)

Edited by Researcher

maybe you should be more maure about the discussion rather than name call like a little kid

lol sorry bro u sound like a hypocrite. u make me laugh. please get over ur self. and seek knowledge from the more knowledable.

fee aman Allah

i wont waste my time on people like you. u are riddiculous..

lol sorry bro u sound like a hypocrite. u make me laugh. please get over ur self. and seek knowledge from the more knowledable.

You sound like a politician like your so-called 'Islamic scholar' who is more than God to you. If I'm a hypocrite that's between myself and Allah. You have contributed NOTHING in the way of knowledge or information to this thread apart from your absurd prejudice 'ooh that's dirty.. yuck!' LOL go run to your daddy or your ayatollah surrogate daddy, that's if he even knows who you are.

The only Islamic scholar I need is myself. The world needs less sheeple like you who don't even know what the Shia sources of hadiths say on important matters like sex, tahrif, wilayat-e Imam... Follow who you like and whatever innovations they introduce to keep the sheeple following them and the money rolling in. If you're leaving this thread at this point, good riddance to you. Some of us actually study Islam and do not just follow a Fuhrer. Auf Wiedersehen and good luck to you.

Edited by Researcher

You sound like a politician like your so-called 'Islamic scholar' who is more than God to you. If I'm a hypocrite that's between myself and Allah. You have contributed NOTHING in the way of knowledge or information to this thread apart from your absurd prejudice 'ooh that's dirty.. yuck!' LOL go run to your daddy or your ayatollah surrogate daddy, that's if he even knows who you are.

The only Islamic scholar I need is myself. The world needs less sheeple like you who don't even know what the Shia sources of hadiths say on important matters like sex, tahrif, wilayat-e Imam... Follow who you like and whatever innovations they introduce to keep the sheeple following them and the money rolling in. If you're leaving this thread at this point, good riddance to you. Some of us actually study Islam and do not just follow a Fuhrer. Auf Wiedersehen and good luck to you.

my reply to you is HAHAHAHAH ignorance at its best.. good luck in ur knowledge and research, u dnt affect me, hope this discussion elevaates ur status in heaven lol

As for the blue balls stuff and masturbation, that was complete BS from a kafir who was trying to sow doubt and confusion amongst the momineen. How many people complain of this affliction?

No. It is a medically recognised condition and I posted articles from medical websites including the medical terminology for this condition. And probably quite a few get this condition, but its hardly going to a topic discussed at the dinner table :D

If it is a serious medical condition affecting many people, why has no one approached a scholar and asked for their opinion?

Probably because they self cure it :D

No. This was just kite-flying, so that weak-willed Muslims who fancy some *relief*, convince themselves that they have this condition and carry on.

At least now you are calling it a condition, maybe after some more research you may start calling it a medical condition.

May Allah eternally damn all those who lead Muslims to haram.

So I am to be eternally damned for providing links to a medically recognised condition. Well, I am glad Allah decides who gets into heaven and NOT you hypocrite like you :D

Edited by Irishman

my reply to you is HAHAHAHAH ignorance at its best.. good luck in ur knowledge and research, u dnt affect me, hope this discussion elevaates ur status in heaven lol

I actually find your comment very sad. You could have tried to prove your statement with evidence from Islamic sources, but of course you don't have any idea about how to debate intelligently. You are a symptom of the new breed of ignoramus who knows nothing of Qur'an or hadiths, but lectures on Islamic law anyway. Drunk in your superiority complex, you have nothing but derision to offer the people, and this is what you think Islam is all about. With the devaluation of the education system, there are increasing numbers of people just like you so maybe you should join up with them and form a volunteer 'Basij' to batter anyone who disagrees with the position of your Fuhrer on Islamic law. Do it this month of Ramadhan, since causing fitna is the way you like to supplement your roza.

I know you hate reading, but if you go back and READ this thread you will see that nowhere did I ask for an 'open debate' on this issue as you claim. I am only interested in discussing the Islamic sources, not the teenage fancies of a petty activist. Or just read the top of this page, where it says clearly in English: 'BROTHERS forum'. Now please, just go away. Thanks.

I have a final question. Isnt it true that we as muslim people believe our bodily organs will testify in front of god on judgment day? If so, would that also include the penis?

hmm intresting topic can i just ask something abit off topic

a shia once told me that pre ejaculation liquid i.e the clear liquid is PAAK is this true or not true :S and tbh im a sunni muslim and i dont know our ruling ourselves lolz

any help on the pre-cum issue ?

hmm intresting topic can i just ask something abit off topic

a shia once told me that pre ejaculation liquid i.e the clear liquid is PAAK is this true or not true :S and tbh im a sunni muslim and i dont know our ruling ourselves lolz

any help on the pre-cum issue ?

According to our madhhab it (madhi) is tahir and does not break wudu. According to the Sunni madhhabs, from what I have seen they consider it najis and breaking of wudu.

According to our madhhab it (madhi) is tahir and does not break wudu. According to the Sunni madhhabs, from what I have seen they consider it najis and breaking of wudu.

oh fair enough but whenever i get it i do ghusul so your point is that there is no need to do ghusul and just do wudhu

No. It is a medically recognised condition and I posted articles from medical websites including the medical terminology for this condition. And probably quite a few get this condition, but its hardly going to a topic discussed at the dinner table :D

Sorry, my mistake. The medical literature is full of references to this, every other guy must suffer from this.

The great majority of adult, pediatric, urologic, and emergency physicians, as well as nurses and nonmedical people informally surveyed, know of this condition, yet no one was aware of any medical references.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/106/4/843?ijkey=ca5cc79a24dedcec9aaf59cf5855d9d29d8c50c2

Hmm, so no large scale medical studies, in fact a complete lack of journal articles with most doctors knowledge based on *anecdote*. FWIW the patient around whom the original paper is wrtten described his pain as follows:

sharp, stabbing, constant, and unaffected by position. There was no history of dysuria, urethral discharge, previous urinary tract infections, trauma, or any history of prior sexual intercourse. The patient was a reluctant historian.

Just in case anyone fancies using this *excuse*.

You should also be aware that Islam is a reasonable religion. If someone really did have a recognised medical condition, the mar'je would give a reasonable answer. For example it is often individuals who insist on fasting, despite there being plenty of allowances for people with various medical conditions to abstain from fasting.

So I am to be eternally damned for providing links to a medically recognised condition. Well, I am glad Allah decides who gets into heaven and NOT you hypocrite like you :D

I asked for damnation for anyone who leads Muslims to haram. If your ever *helpful* posts don't do this, you're ok. :P

What is the basis for considering Semen to be najis. And i think it's very clear that scholars unanimously consider it so, but what is their basis for believing so.

Why is the pre-ejaculation fluid not najis, and semen is?

^

This question has no answer. It is one of those rules which you just can't make sense of.

I have a final question. Isnt it true that we as muslim people believe our bodily organs will testify in front of god on judgment day? If so, would that also include the penis?

:lol:

Just imagine. Dang, it's so scary.

Uh-huh, i see. Have our scholars deduced this from their own understanding or do we have direct hadith stating that discharged semen is najis?

There are sahih narrations from Imams (as) which shows that semen is najis. Syed Khoei has mentioned some from Wasail al-Shia. See: http://www.al-khoei.us/books/index.php?id=277

w/s

may Allah (swt) guide us towards the right path...

I have fallen a victim of this addictive behavior. Once you start, it is extremely difficult to stop. Inshallah, may Allah (swt) help me in ridding this habit this Ramadhan and help me stay away from such acts in the future.

So can someone please clarify: masturbation is NOT allowed after all, in Islam?

Can the brothers please help me out with some mutah contacts? My loyalty to Islam can easily be bought this way. After I have done my rounds in a few years I will drop the mutah thing and decry it as wrong. Thanks!

Heh. You looking to add your offspring into a lineage where it really shouldn't be? Like Aleister Crowley who fathered Dubya Bush's mother? How sinisterly evil of you. But there's no such need for that now. Your party has already succeeded in the objectives it was given, no? I know you were being sarcastic but what you desire is hardly the thing you would do all that for according to calculation.

Heh. You looking to add your offspring into a lineage where it really shouldn't be? Like Aleister Crowley who fathered Dubya Bush's mother? How sinisterly evil of you. But there's no such need for that now. Your party has already succeeded in the objectives it was given, no? I know you were being sarcastic but what you desire is hardly the thing you would do all that for according to calculation.

That sounds interesting dude. I didn't understand it though, run it by me one more time por favor.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Basically I have this topic to convince someone I know about the forbidden nature of masturbation (istimna. aka "the secret habit") and also to strengthen my heart and inshallah to strengthen the hearts of those reading this.

Anyways, we know that people (though I'm specifically talking about males) have three forms of sexual release: wet dreams, masturbation, and sex.

The issue of sex is well documented in the Quran and the Sunnah, so there's no need to go into it.

So now we go into the issue of wet dreams vs masturbation. Obviously, the wet dreams are allowed because we are not responsible for our actions in our sleep. But on what basis is masturbation forbidden in the shariah? After all, the only difference between masturbation and wet dreams is that you have more control of the former than you have over the latter.

To say that masturbation is forbidden because you're wasting seamen is incorrect because your body produces an almost infinite supply of seaman, plus you're disposing of seamen every time you have a wet dream or when you pee (though a lot less with the pee). Plus, if wasting seamen was forbidden, then using condoms, etc. would be forbidden, which it's not.

To say that masturbation is forbidden because you're viewing something with lust is also incorrect. Males can jerk off to about anything (not necessarily with lust), even to a rock. Plus, many of us can control our wet dreams and we are thus very conscience of the (sometimes very lewd) content we're watching. Plus, looking at something with lust is permissible in certain cases, such as when one is with his wife. Actually, there is arguably more lust with wet dreams, because that is the sole driving force leading to ejaculation. And actually, there are many times when people have homosexual wet dreams or wet dreams where they see things that horrify them. Some argue that at you least you have some control of what you see in sex and masturbation.

To say that masturbation is forbidden because it causes physical harm to you has been refuted not only by medicine countless times as well as common sense. The only difference between sex and masturbation is that you use a vagina in sex and your hand in masturbation, plus there are many precautions one can take to prevent chafing, etc. If anything, wet dreams can potentially cause the most harm to you. What if you have a massive erection and roll over in a funny way and snap your penis?

To say that masturbation is forbidden because it emotionally causes harm is also not quite accurate either. Yes sex is the best method, because you have a partner, but you are alone not only in masturbation, but also with wet dreams. With both wet dreams and masturbation, you are detached from any partner and are stimulating yourself. In the case of masturbation, your hand is [primarily[ stimulating you, whereas with wet dreams, your mind is [primarily] stimulating you. We must also remember that an overwhelming amount of people in the world (something like 97% of males in America) masturbate, so if it really caused problems, there would be a lot of information about such problems, as there is with alcohol, etc.

People say that masturbation is forbidden because the Quran tells us to remain chaste until marriage. It could well be argued that this is clearly referring to sex with other people. If it was referring to self-ejaculation then we wouldn't be having wet dreams a couple times a week

People say that masturbation is forbidden because the Prophet (pbuh) told us to fast. This clearly doesn't mean it's forbidden, because the Prophet (pbuh) is just giving us a good suggestion/alternative. However, it is unreasonable for us to be expected to fast for 10 years until we can be married, plus certain hadiths forbid us from fast every day, because our bodies have rights over us.

Could anyone else provide please provide sahih hadiths that explicitly say it is forbidden?

Because when we look at masturbation (and especially it's similarity to wet dreams) from a critical angle, it is not as forbidden as people make it out to seem.

I believe there is a hadith from Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (as) saying that it is a detested act? But then again so is divorce, yet it is halal.

Anyone care to partake in this discussion? Inshallah someone can please give us an answer of why it is so prohibited.

wa salam and may the Best Guide, God, show us to the best path ameeeen

salaam.

In Islamic terminology, masturbation (istimna) means self-stimulation of the sexual organ till one achieves emission of semen or orgasm. Masturbation in form of self-stimulation is forbidden in Shi'ah fiqh. While describing the believers, the Qur'an says, "The believers are... those who protect their sexual organs except from their spouses... Therefore, whosoever seeks more beyond that [in sexual gratification], then they are the transgressors." (23:5-6) The last sentence makes it very clear that any sexual gratification outside marriage is considered a transgression of the law of God. And this verse also implies that sex is an act in which two people are involved. Once when Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq was asked about masturbation, he recited this very verse and mentioned masturbation as one of its examples. (Wasa'il, vol. 18, p. 575) In another, the Imam was asked about masturbation; he said, "It is an indecent act..." (Wasa'il, vol. 14, p. 267; vol. 18, pp. 574-5)

Masturbation is a sin for which a person can also be punished by the Islamic court. Of course, the nature of the punishment is upon the judge's discretion. Once a person was caught masturbating and was brought to Imam 'Ali. The Imam punished him by beating on his hands until it turned red; then he made arrangement for his marriage on government's expenses. (Wasa'il, vol. 14, p. 267; vol. 18, pp. 574-5)

These days some scientists are telling us that there is no harm in masturbation, rather it is a natural act. To prove that it is natural, they give examples of some wild animals, like monkeys. Actually they represent those who have gone to the other extreme of sexual morality. They have degraded human beings to the level of wild animals, and then justify their deeds by finding examples in the animal world. They are, in Qur'anic expression, "like cattle, nay they are more astray; they are the heedless ones." (7: 179) The irony is that when Muslims talk about following Islam which came just 1400 years ago, they are labeled by the secularists as 'reactionaries,' 'those who want to turn the clock backwards,' 'anti -progress,' and now these very people are going millions of years back (according to their own counting) and following the wild animals or the primitive societies to determine what is natural for us and what is not natural!

This is not just an opinion of a Muslim scholar. Even the Hite Report on Male Sexuality, says: "Similarly, many men said that they enjoyed masturbating physically, but that emotionally it was depressing." (The Hite Report on Male Sexuality, p. 489) In one of the replies, a man writes: "It is physically enjoyable, but it can leave one emotionally empty or lonely for the real thing. You can do it when you feel like it, come when you want, bring up your own images, but there is no warmth or closeness, no one to share pleasure with, no companionship. . . "(The Hite Report on Male Sexuality, p. 489) After saying that the physical effects of masturbation are negligible, Leslie D. Weatherhead in The Mastery of Sex writes: "Psychologically the results are more serious. Masturbation in the adult is nearly always due to a maladjustment..." (The Mastery of Sex, p. 103)

Also, masturbation will cause premature ejaculation.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Basically I have this topic to convince someone I know about the forbidden nature of masturbation (istimna. aka "the secret habit") and also to strengthen my heart and inshallah to strengthen the hearts of those reading this.

Anyways, we know that people (though I'm specifically talking about males) have three forms of sexual release: wet dreams, masturbation, and sex.

The issue of sex is well documented in the Quran and the Sunnah, so there's no need to go into it.

So now we go into the issue of wet dreams vs masturbation. Obviously, the wet dreams are allowed because we are not responsible for our actions in our sleep. But on what basis is masturbation forbidden in the shariah? After all, the only difference between masturbation and wet dreams is that you have more control of the former than you have over the latter.

To say that masturbation is forbidden because you're wasting seamen is incorrect because your body produces an almost infinite supply of seaman, plus you're disposing of seamen every time you have a wet dream or when you pee (though a lot less with the pee). Plus, if wasting seamen was forbidden, then using condoms, etc. would be forbidden, which it's not.

To say that masturbation is forbidden because you're viewing something with lust is also incorrect. Males can jerk off to about anything (not necessarily with lust), even to a rock. Plus, many of us can control our wet dreams and we are thus very conscience of the (sometimes very lewd) content we're watching. Plus, looking at something with lust is permissible in certain cases, such as when one is with his wife. Actually, there is arguably more lust with wet dreams, because that is the sole driving force leading to ejaculation. And actually, there are many times when people have homosexual wet dreams or wet dreams where they see things that horrify them. Some argue that at you least you have some control of what you see in sex and masturbation.

To say that masturbation is forbidden because it causes physical harm to you has been refuted not only by medicine countless times as well as common sense. The only difference between sex and masturbation is that you use a vagina in sex and your hand in masturbation, plus there are many precautions one can take to prevent chafing, etc. If anything, wet dreams can potentially cause the most harm to you. What if you have a massive erection and roll over in a funny way and snap your penis?

To say that masturbation is forbidden because it emotionally causes harm is also not quite accurate either. Yes sex is the best method, because you have a partner, but you are alone not only in masturbation, but also with wet dreams. With both wet dreams and masturbation, you are detached from any partner and are stimulating yourself. In the case of masturbation, your hand is [primarily[ stimulating you, whereas with wet dreams, your mind is [primarily] stimulating you. We must also remember that an overwhelming amount of people in the world (something like 97% of males in America) masturbate, so if it really caused problems, there would be a lot of information about such problems, as there is with alcohol, etc.

People say that masturbation is forbidden because the Quran tells us to remain chaste until marriage. It could well be argued that this is clearly referring to sex with other people. If it was referring to self-ejaculation then we wouldn't be having wet dreams a couple times a week

People say that masturbation is forbidden because the Prophet (pbuh) told us to fast. This clearly doesn't mean it's forbidden, because the Prophet (pbuh) is just giving us a good suggestion/alternative. However, it is unreasonable for us to be expected to fast for 10 years until we can be married, plus certain hadiths forbid us from fast every day, because our bodies have rights over us.

Could anyone else provide please provide sahih hadiths that explicitly say it is forbidden?

Because when we look at masturbation (and especially it's similarity to wet dreams) from a critical angle, it is not as forbidden as people make it out to seem.

I believe there is a hadith from Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (as) saying that it is a detested act? But then again so is divorce, yet it is halal.

Anyone care to partake in this discussion? Inshallah someone can please give us an answer of why it is so prohibited.

Why are you defending the side of playing with yourself until discharge?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Masturbatioon is playing with your self until you discharge, wet dreams are shaytan playing you in your sleep (involuntary). Masturbation, to me, is kind of gay, i hate it. And it's not so secret nowadays.