Basim Ali

A really really confusing question about karbala!

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

My question is, that was Shimr (LA) a member of Hazrat Abbas Ibn Ali's tribe, that is was Shimr (LA) a relative of Abbas Ibn Ali?

This question aroused in my mind because of a tradition i read somewhere, where Shimr (LA) gave a call to Abbas and his brother from the tents and asked them to join their (Yazid's (LA)) side as they belong to the same tribe. Soo i just wanted someone, to confirm the tradition and let me know .

There is another question i would like to ask. Umm there is something that signifies most of the Shuhda of Karbala. For example, a swing is moved around the people for Hazrat Ali Asghar, henna on a tray for Qasim, Zuljanah for Imam Hussain (as), Alam(punja) for Hazrat Abbas, etc.

What are the symbols for Hazrat Ali Akbar and Hazrat Aun and Muhammad ibn Abdullah?

I have heard some people saying that a Hindu man's sons helped Imam Hussain in Karbala. Can anyone relate the whole story about this great Hindu man?

And another question, Hazrat Qasim was 13 years old, and he was about to get married. Hazrat Ali Akbar was 18 years old, how come he was not married yet if the tradition in those days was to marry early? After all he WAS older than his cousins....

Hazrat Ali Asghar , Hazrat Ali Akbar and Imam Zain-ul-Abideen were the sons of Imam Hussain from the same mother (Rubab), Imam Zain-ul-Abieen being the eldst and Hazrat Ali Asghar being the youngest. 'Akbar' means great/big/oldest and 'Asghar' means small/youngest. So if imam Zain-ul-Abideen (as) was the eldest son of Imam Hussain (as) then why wasn't he called Ali Akbar and instead Ali AKbar was called Ali Akbar. ( I hope you understand what i mean to ask)

Abdullah Ibn Jafar ibn Tayyar (as), the father of Aun o Muhammad and the husband of Bibi Zainab (as) was left back in Madinah and not taken to Karbalato fight because he was blind. Imam Zain-ul Abideen (as) was also very sick, why wasnt he left as well?

Can someone aslo plz relate the story of John to me, plzplzplz...

Thank you,

Wassalam and have a nice day :D ,

@Basim Ali

(salam)

Hazrat Abbas was related to Shimr thorugh his mother's tribe

Many people say the stories that Qasim was married in Karbala are not true, but they are just something that continues to be commemorated as a tradition. You could look at Ayatollah Motahhari's book on distortions int he story of Karbala (on al-Islam.org); I think he discusses it.

Imam Zain al Abiden (A) to my knowledge was not sick when they left Madinah. It was a long journey and you can read about the places they went to on the way to Karbala in some of the historical accounts. Actually this is something else that Ayatollah Motahhari talks about, how his being ill is overemphasized so that it seems like he was always all the time ill.

Wasalam : )

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

My question is, that was Shimr (LA) a member of Hazrat Abbas Ibn Ali's tribe, that is was Shimr (LA) a relative of Abbas Ibn Ali?

This question aroused in my mind because of a tradition i read somewhere, where Shimr (LA) gave a call to Abbas and his brother from the tents and asked them to join their (Yazid's (LA)) side as they belong to the same tribe. Soo i just wanted someone, to confirm the tradition and let me know .

There is another question i would like to ask. Umm there is something that signifies most of the Shuhda of Karbala. For example, a swing is moved around the people for Hazrat Ali Asghar, henna on a tray for Qasim, Zuljanah for Imam Hussain (as), Alam(punja) for Hazrat Abbas, etc.

What are the symbols for Hazrat Ali Akbar and Hazrat Aun and Muhammad ibn Abdullah?

I have heard some people saying that a Hindu man's sons helped Imam Hussain in Karbala. Can anyone relate the whole story about this great Hindu man?

And another question, Hazrat Qasim was 13 years old, and he was about to get married. Hazrat Ali Akbar was 18 years old, how come he was not married yet if the tradition in those days was to marry early? After all he WAS older than his cousins....

Hazrat Ali Asghar , Hazrat Ali Akbar and Imam Zain-ul-Abideen were the sons of Imam Hussain from the same mother (Rubab), Imam Zain-ul-Abieen being the eldst and Hazrat Ali Asghar being the youngest. 'Akbar' means great/big/oldest and 'Asghar' means small/youngest. So if imam Zain-ul-Abideen (as) was the eldest son of Imam Hussain (as) then why wasn't he called Ali Akbar and instead Ali AKbar was called Ali Akbar. ( I hope you understand what i mean to ask)

Abdullah Ibn Jafar ibn Tayyar (as), the father of Aun o Muhammad and the husband of Bibi Zainab (as) was left back in Madinah and not taken to Karbalato fight because he was blind. Imam Zain-ul Abideen (as) was also very sick, why wasnt he left as well?

Can someone aslo plz relate the story of John to me, plzplzplz...

Thank you,

Wassalam and have a nice day :D ,

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't even understand the Henna...Qasim (ra)'s marriage story is a fabrication.

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

Shimr was related Hz. Abbas (as) through Ummul Baneen. They were from the same tribe.

There's a thread going on right now about the Husaini Brahmins.

Imam Zain ul Abideen (as) had a different mother.

Abdullah Ibn Jafar ibn Tayyar (as), the father of Aun o Muhammad and the husband of Bibi Zainab (as) was left back in Madinah and not taken to Karbalato fight because he was blind. Imam Zain-ul Abideen (as) was also very sick, why wasnt he left as well?)

Hmmm...I wasn't aware that he was blind. I have read/heard that he was left behind for the same reason that some others were not given permission to come. For the sole reason that Imam Zain ul Abideen (as) would have some reliable companions when he returned to Medina.

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

There are riwayats that he was related through Hazrat Abbas's mother and some say he was only from the same tribe as Hazrat Abbas' mother but not related.

Not having any specific symbol for a shaheed doesnt mean they are any less/more important than others.

For one its not confirmed that a marraige did take place on ashoor second Imam Hussain had one son who was married in Karbala, Imam Zain ul abedeen but Qasim's mother had no son that was married, so age doesnt mean anything.

There were not from the same mother, all of them had different mothers.

Hazrat Abdullah was not blind but had a problem with his knee and actually accompanied Imam Hussian till mecca but couldnt go on from there, and Imam zainaul abdeen wasn't sick at the time (medina or mecca) but was sick in Karbala.

Guest Nusrat

You are right that Shimr was a Shia and relative of Sayyed Abbas. Al-Qummi, author of the famous book “Mafaatihul-Jinaan”, writes in his book: “I say, Shimr was in the forces of Ameer al-Mu’mineen on the Day of Siffin.” (Al-Qummi, “Safinatun-Najaat”, vol.4, p. 492, Chapter Sheen Followed by Meem)

I have a question is it true that Imam Hassan (as) made peace with Ameer Muawiyyah and gave him the Caliphate?

On top of what others here have said, shimr (la) didn't ask Sayyed Abbas to join his army, he told him he would spare him and that he could leave since they were part of the same tribe.

Shimr was in the forces of Ameer al-Mu’mineen on the Day of Siffin. If Imam Ali had the knowledge of Gaib (Un seen) then why he had Shimr in his forces? Why he was training a man who later killed his own son?

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

I apologize for the misconception, dear akbar and muhib e alulbayt, that Ali Asghar, Ali Akbar and Imam Zain ul Abideen (as) had the same mother. Ali Asgahr's mother was Rabab, Ali Akbar's mother was Umm Layla and Imam Zain ul Abideen's mother was Sheherbanu. However, Imam Zain ul Abideen was still the eldest son. So why was his name not Ali Akbar, is there a logic behind it??

3 facts I'd like to pass on, many people might not know it,

The earrings in Sakina bint al Husayn's ears, which were snatched by Shimr (LA) , was a gift to Sakina by Abbas ibn Ali.

The distance between the graves of Abbas ibn Ali and Husayn ibn Ali in Karbala, Iraq is same to the exact metre the distance between the two mounts Safa and Marwa, Madinah, KSA.

Mahathma Gandhi, though a Hindu, supported Imam Husayn. Once when asked how many people would there be in the Congress Assembly, he replied 72, because these were the number of people who were martyred in Karbala.

Muslim Ibn Aqeel's date of birth is the same as Abbas ibn Ali's date of birth, that is, 4 Shaban 26H.

Ali ibn Abi Talib's paternal great grandfather and maternal great grandfather were the same, that is Hashim.

Can someone please post the link of the the topic of the Hindu man's sons who helped Imam Husayn (as) in Karbala?

Wasslam and have a nice day,

Edited by Basim Ali

You are right that Shimr was a Shia and relative of Sayyed Abbas. Al-Qummi, author of the famous book “Mafaatihul-Jinaan”, writes in his book: “I say, Shimr was in the forces of Ameer al-Mu’mineen on the Day of Siffin.” (Al-Qummi, “Safinatun-Najaat”, vol.4, p. 492, Chapter Sheen Followed by Meem)

I have a question is it true that Imam Hassan (as) made peace with Ameer Muawiyyah and gave him the Caliphate?

Shimr was in the forces of Ameer al-Mu’mineen on the Day of Siffin. If Imam Ali had the knowledge of Gaib (Un seen) then why he had Shimr in his forces? Why he was training a man who later killed his own son?

Correction: Shimr (LA) was not a Shia in practice because true Shias do not kill the family of the Prophet (SA). Just like true companions do not plot against the Prophet (SA) and disobey his orders. Imam Ali (as) very well knew the intentions of Shimr and he possesses Knowledge of Unseen. Just like he knew that Ibn Muljam (LA) would be his killer (though he raised him). But Ali (as) said that he can not act just based on knowledge of unseen because unless a person actually commits a crime/sin, only then is he accountable. Ali (as) warned his killer moments before he was killed, but as Ibn Muljam (LA) himself responded with a verse in the Quran in Surat Al Zomor, (paraphrasing) "Shall you try to save he who is destined to be in Hell-Fire?" (Afa anata tonqedho man fil Naar).

Wasalam

well some people are of the opinion - that imam zain ul abideen was in fact 'ali akhbar' and the ali akhbar we all know was 'ali aust'

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

Yes! Surprisingly, I have heard the same thing too that Imam Zain ul Abideen (as) was 'ali akbar', ali akbar was 'ali ausat' and ali asghar was ali asghar. Can anyone tell me why were the names changed?

Wassalam and have a nice day,

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't even understand the Henna...Qasim (ra)'s marriage story is a fabrication.

(salam)

in india and pakistan, on the death of a young guy his family members put colorful dupattas and "SEHRA"on his dead body before his last "ghosal and kafan" just cz his family wish(ARMAN) to see their son or brother as a groom.

so to remember the pain and sorrow of women of ahleybait left in karbala, that how they felt when they saw the dead body of imam hassan's a.s young son hazrat qasim.. people of this area use to prepare heena' tray and do matam and majlis and cry.

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

ANSWER TO BASIM ALI'S QUESTION

hazarat jafar e tiyar asked hazrat zainab to let him come but she requested him to stay back to take care of her daughter in madina.

imam zainul abidin was elder son imam hussain and had to take imamt officially after the death of imam hussaina.s ..so he had to go cz after the shahadat of imam hussaina.s the ahlebaiyt had to follow imam zain ul abidin in sham and kufa.where he gave KHUTBAS and those khutbas recited by imam changed the whole story of karbala and people started thinking that yazid(lant) is wrong and these (ahleybaits)are not BAGI instead they are telling wht real isalm is.

Edited by nalainabbas

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

I apologize for the misconception, dear akbar and muhib e alulbayt, that Ali Asghar, Ali Akbar and Imam Zain ul Abideen (as) had the same mother. Ali Asgahr's mother was Rabab, Ali Akbar's mother was Umm Layla and Imam Zain ul Abideen's mother was Sheherbanu. However, Imam Zain ul Abideen was still the eldest son. So why was his name not Ali Akbar, is there a logic behind it??

3 facts I'd like to pass on, many people might not know it,

The earrings in Sakina bint al Husayn's ears, which were snatched by Shimr (LA) , was a gift to Sakina by Abbas ibn Ali.

The distance between the graves of Abbas ibn Ali and Husayn ibn Ali in Karbala, Iraq is same to the exact metre the distance between the two mounts Safa and Marwa, Madinah, KSA.

Mahathma Gandhi, though a Hindu, supported Imam Husayn. Once when asked how many people would there be in the Congress Assembly, he replied 72, because these were the number of people who were martyred in Karbala.

Muslim Ibn Aqeel's date of birth is the same as Abbas ibn Ali's date of birth, that is, 4 Shaban 26H.

Ali ibn Abi Talib's paternal great grandfather and maternal great grandfather were the same, that is Hashim.

Can someone please post the link of the the topic of the Hindu man's sons who helped Imam Husayn (as) in Karbala?

Wasslam and have a nice day,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hussaini_Brahmin

http://baghdadtobasra.blogspot.com/2009/04...in-karbala.html

hindu brahmins tribe sacrificed 7 men from imam hussain's side

may Allah curse the people who try to spoil the status and purity of ahlulbayt..........

you are right may Allah curse on dushmn e ahlebait a.s...but imam hussain's personality and his sacrifice is not only for the muslims but for the whole world.

INASAN KO BAIDAR TU HO LAINAY DO

HAR KOOM PUKARAY GI HAMARAY HAIN HUSSAIN a.s

Yes, it is right that Shimr was a member of Hzt. Abbas's mother's tribe. Hzt. Abbas's mother's name was Ummul Baneen. In her tribe it was a tradition that every man - except husband, father and other mehram relatives - was considered a brother of women. In this way, he called out to Hzt. Abbas and said that he didn't want to kill Abbas coz Abbas was his sister's son and asked him to join Yazeed's army.

But you said "Shimr was from Hzt. Abbas ibn Ali's tribe". No, he was from his mother's tribe and Ummul Baneen's tribe was tribe of Klabiya. And Hzt Abbas's tribe, like his father Imam Ali was Bani Hashim.

I don't understand the concept of henna for Hzt. Qasim.

But, there are two riwayats about this. One is that Hzt. Qasim did not get married at all in Karbala.

And other one is that there was only Aqd done between him and Hzt. Kubra but not that proper a marriage. And Imam Hussain did this coz Imam Hasan to to marry his son Qasim to Imam Hussain's daughter.

Basim Ali, this is the answer to your 4th Question, the three being answered by me.

Hzt. Zainul Abideen's mother was Hzt. Shehr Bano, daughter King of Iran (Persia, at that time).

Hzt. Ali Akbar was son of Umme Laila and Hzt. Ali Ashghar was the son of Umme Rabab.

Their mothers were different.

Imam Zainul Abideen was not sick at the time Imam left for Karbala. On the evening before the battle of Karbala, Imam Abid and Hzt. Abbas were talking about the battle plans, as to how to defeat the enemy. Imam Hussain heard and said to Allah, that if my brother and son win this battle, my aim will be lost. People will say that I came here for the Caliphate. So in response to o his dua, Allah gave the illness to Imam Abid on that night. And just because of this Imam Hussain didn't permit Hzt. Abbas for battle.

Assalam O alaikum..

There are many different riwayats regarding sons of ImamHusain(as), Some say Imam Zainulabideen(as) was Ali Akbar, some say he was. Ali Asghar...and in some he is mentioned Ali Awsat..

It is to be noted that Hazrat Ali Asghar real name was Abdullah and in many books, he is not mentioned as Ali Asghar but Abdullah..

It is quite interesting that Hazrat Ali Akbar 's mother Umm Layla was grand daughter of Abu Sufyan, and first cousin of Yazeed(la)