Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MohsenAli

Donating blood in the name of imam hussain A.S

Rate this topic

A.s.A brother and sister of SC,

How are you doing?:D

Well, I am just wondering if donating blood in the name of imam hussain a.s is permissible in islam. I have done zanjeer before in the name of hussain a.s..but I just thought of this, that if we could donate our blood in name of imam hussain a.s and hopefully it could be used for someone who needs it.

What are you opinions on this? please post :D

thank you very much and may Allah bless you all and always keep you in a good shadow of ahlul bayt a.s- ameen

w/salam

(bismillah)

(salam)

I Think its far far better to donate blood, rather than spill it in zangeer zani..............even the respected Marjas agree, but do people listen.................

Wasallam

(wasalam)

As far as I'm aware, the ulema of our time say that there is nothing wrong with donating blood for Imam Hussain (as), though you might want to check with a marja to make sure. I know it's culturally practiced among several Shias.

Edited by Chipkali

The only thing you must make sure when you donate blood is that it does not go to a non-muslim, like organ donation. So it is very difficult to donate blood in non-Muslim countries because many the time the blood would be given to non-Muslims sometimes even their soldiers. If you are going to donate blood, make sure to do it in a Muslim country.

Hasan Sajjad

President

(bismillah)

(salam)

you're adding conditions without authority.

http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=nav&a...d=5&cid=421

The only thing you must make sure when you donate blood is that it does not go to a non-muslim, like organ donation. So it is very difficult to donate blood in non-Muslim countries because many the time the blood would be given to non-Muslims sometimes even their soldiers. If you are going to donate blood, make sure to do it in a Muslim country.

(bismillah)

(salam) Brother Hassan

Are you sure, about what you have just said?

Sayyid Fadlullah's ruling:

Q: Is it rewarding to donate blood to non-Muslims?

A: its said that it is rewarding to answer any call for help, so saving others� lives, including non-Muslims is commended by God. In addition, such an act helps spread Islam and confirms the morality of the Muslim, who does others favors, no matter to what religion they belong.

Sayyid Sistani's ruling:

Question: Is it okay to donate blood?

Answer: It is permissible to donate blood for needy patients.

And brother Mohsen Ali, with regards your questions, I strongly recommend you visit the following website:

http://www.ius.org.uk/giveblood/

It features, a very interesting video, featuring Ayatollah Sayed Fathil Milani, and Sayed Mahdhi Moderassi, and interesting information, with regards the donation of blood, in the name of Imam Hussein (as). All in all, I think it answers your questions, perfectly.

(wasalam)

Edited by Kismet

A.s.A brother and sisters!

I am really happy for getting all these wonderful responses, mashallah :D, now I am sure that I can donate my blood in the name of imam hussain a.s

Thank you once again and really appreciate your help.

May Allah bless you all and keep in a good shadow of ahlul bayt a.s

fi amanillah