Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Hadi

Your days as a single muslim/a are almost over

Rate this topic

I got some good information today about the Muslim Congress 'matrimonial services' program.

Basically, if you are single, there is not better way to meet hundreds of potential spouses in one weekend.

There is a rather large team consisting of some ulema and others who are forming as we speak for just such a purpose.

I was told there were 85 matches at last years congress and the goal is to 'at least' double it this year.

If there are any br and sis who are planning on attending and would like further details, pm me.

It basically boils down to this, if you show up at the conference and would like to meet a potential spouse,

there is a team of good, dedicated br and sis who will try to make this happen for you.

Also, we are not inviting the FBI/CIA or any neocons to speak.

Not alot of details about the matrimonial services are on the site yet, but you can find out more info about the conference at

Muslim Congress 2009

Edited by Abu Hadi

I got some good information today about the Muslim Congress 'matrimonial services' program.

Associating 'Muslim Congress' with a matrimonial service is really, really unfortunate. I have nothing against this, actually I applaud the idea. It's just a bit funny if you know what meanings the word 'congress' actually has, apart from the most obvious ones.

:blush:

So I'd suggest just using the word 'conference'.

Associating 'Muslim Congress' with a matrimonial service is really, really unfortunate. I have nothing against this, actually I applaud the idea. It's just a bit funny if you know what meanings the word 'congress' actually has, apart from the most obvious ones.

:blush:

So I'd suggest just using the word 'conference'.

I don't think most people know the other meaning of "congress"-- I had to look it up.

On a side note, it kind of annoyed me when this one girl kept calling it "Muslim Conference" instead of "Muslim Congress" lol.

hopefully we can get cary grant married so we can get her of the forums.

Ameen Summa Ameen-------but are u sure she isnt married yet?

the way she is, i think she is already married

Edited by Ali Huzaifa

Wow! That's impressive! Did they all actually get married, or just found someone they would like to get to know for marriage?

85 meetings were set up. I don't know how many of those resulted in marriage. It's hard to get that sort of information since after the conference, people basically go their own way. I'll try to find out something in this regard.

I don't know if this was a serious comment ^ :unsure: , but there is no pressure to 'hook up' with anyone.

People who wish to participate sign up when they arrive at the conference. Most of the conference has nothing to do with matrimonial services

It's not a 'hook up' conference. Anyone expecting that will probably be disappointed. Most of the conference will be centered around presentation of the various merits of the character of Imam Ali(a.s), as the site says. It is to educate and unite the ummah in North America, as that is the mission of the organization.

There will be many ulema who will be presenting. The matrimonial part was a small, but unexpectedly very sucessful part of last years conference. We're trying to build on that sucess in this years conference. My designation at the conference will be Grand Master Halal Hookup Big Daddy Abu Hadi brothers liason.

It's hard to fit all that on a name tag, will have to use a small font.

Edited by Abu Hadi

FOR some reason I can not message you, if you may please give me detail it would be very much appreciated.

You can email me at jkassim99@gmail.com

Edited by Abu Hadi

I object to the misleading nature of the title of this thread. It lead me to believe that my "days as a single muslim/a are almost over", which indeed is not the case.

I expected something closely resembling the following in the body of the message:

Dear Ali ********,

I am glad to inform you that I have found the wife of your dreams. The wedding will occur promptly at _ _,_ _

on date _ _/_ _/_ _.

Best wishes for the ceremony,

Shiachat miraclemaker.

Instead, I got a heap of the typical nonsense that I would expect to see in an ordinary thread.

Thank you for putting my hopes down.

Salamo-aleykom.

I object to the misleading nature of the title of this thread. It lead me to believe that my "days as a single muslim/a are almost over", which indeed is not the case.

I expected something closely resembling the following in the body of the message:

Dear Ali ********,

I am glad to inform you that I have found the wife of your dreams. The wedding will occur promptly at _ _,_ _

on date _ _/_ _/_ _.

Best wishes for the ceremony,

Shiachat miraclemaker.

Instead, I got a heap of the typical nonsense that I would expect to see in an ordinary thread.

Salamo-aleykom.

^ There is no 'marriage fairy' like the tooth fairy. If that existed, none of ya'll would be single

I am simply informing the br and sis of this opportunity to meet someone, potential marriage

What you do with it depends on well, you.

BTW, the title was my attempt at 'tongue in cheek' humor. Maybe some of you didn't appreciate it. Sorry for that.

Edited by Abu Hadi

BTW, the title was my attempt at 'tongue in cheek' humor. Maybe some of you didn't appreciate it. Sorry for that.

LOL, brother don't worry I laughed.

One question that I sent to you was,

Is this held in Dearborn?

Salamo-aleykom.

:) (salam) It is okay brother. It happened to me too. :Hijabi:

Assalamaliukum,

perhaps we have a match

Salaam bro, may I ask where you got the number 85 from? Just wondering because I'm seriously questioning the reliability of that statement. I was in the matrimonial session last year at MC and there were probably only 100 people TOTAL participating...so 85 matches would be impossible. Personally I only know of one couple that met at MC last year and alhamdullilah they're now engaged. Not to say there couldn't have been more but 85 sounds way too high.

Salaam bro, may I ask where you got the number 85 from? Just wondering because I'm seriously questioning the reliability of that statement. I was in the matrimonial session last year at MC and there were probably only 100 people TOTAL participating...so 85 matches would be impossible. Personally I only know of one couple that met at MC last year and alhamdullilah they're now engaged. Not to say there couldn't have been more but 85 sounds way too high.

Salams,

This is what I was told by the head of the organizing committee, and others in the organization. I wasn't involved last year, but this is the information I have

These people are considered reliable by me and many others. They told me that the problem last year was that the 'official' singles program was only a very small part of what was going on behind the scenes with alims and others moderating 'smaller' discussions and meetings which the majority were not aware of.

These were not scheduled or integrated in the general program but occured spontaneously. The goal this year is to integrate all these activities into one program so that everyone has an equal chance of meeting someone. The new format is starting to gel, but if you have any suggestion, please let me know.

BTW, from what I was told it was 85 'one on one' meeting between potential spouses, not 85 marriages.

If it was 85 marriages, MC would be charging alot more :lol:

Edited by Abu Hadi