Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I'm curious...

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
Virginity will be topmost priority for majority men

Many guys are either hypocritical or have double standards when it comes to virginity. They won't mind themselves sleeping around but want a brand new sealed virgin when marrying.

• Veteran Member
Many guys are either hypocritical or have double standards when it comes to virginity. They won't mind themselves sleeping around but want a brand new sealed virgin when marrying.

These men don't like the woman they permanently marry to have been touched by another man, but I wonder if they are inadvertently setting themselves up for sexual dissatisfaction/disappointment with this untouched wife after having so much experience with women who more than likely also have so much experience.

• Advanced Member

Virginity seems to be very important for many, if not most, Muslim men. I don't think it's a problem for a man to expect marrying a virgin. However, this expectation will have no bearing if the man has not reciprocated.

If the Muslim man has remained chaste and is a virgin before marriage, his wife will be enough for him when he does marry. He will be able to fulfill his sexual needs with his wife without having to resort to mut'ah, adultery or divorce. If he has been with multiple partners prior to his marriage, chances are excellent that his wife will be unable to fulfill his sexual desires exclusively. Regardless, sexuality shouldn't be the primary focus in a marriage. Problems shouldn't arise from it. The problem is that sex has become the underlying point of discussion when it comes to marriage. But honestly, if sex is what you are craving, then perhaps marriage isn't for you. I don't think any man should expect to be having passionate, fulfilling sex with the same woman for the rest of his life. Sex serves its purpose; it safeguards Islamic principles, values and obligations. It's a necessary biological function that is as normal as breathing. But to place so much emphasis on it is problematic. It creates unreasonable expectations and gives young Muslims the impression that marriage is some sort of exciting sexual adventure, when in reality marriage is the polar opposite. Sex remains the single most over-rated topic when it comes to marriage.