Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The SHIA 'LOOK' ?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salams and Ya ALI madad

firstly id like to apoligise in advance if this subject has already been discussed

just a quick question regarding why shias have a particular look

by this i mean the long hair, 2 earings and the little beard, i have been asked a number of times by sunni brothers, but because i dont have much knowledge on this im unable to answer

any help would be much appreciated

ALI ALI :yaali:

Edited by inshaAllah
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member
Salams and Ya ALI madad

firstly id like to apoligise in advance if this subject has already been discussed

just a quick question regarding why shias have a particular look

by this i mean the long hair, 2 earings and the little beard, i have been asked a number of times by sunni brothers, but because i dont have much knowledge on this im unable to answer

any help would be much appreciated

ALI ALI :yaali:

(bismillah)

This is certainly not a look of a shia. They have nice beard, noor coming out of their faces. They look u pointed out may be of hippies :) but shia, not at all.

• Advanced Member

Salam brothers and sisters,

Just to get a few things straight! A shia is not known by his long hair and earings, i actually find that quite funny.....

A muwaly is known from the noor shining from his face as a result of being a follower of Ahlulbayt (pbut)

So go back to your sunni mates and explain to them that they have some info wrongggggggg!

salam

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Shia (ulema )generally have turban on their heads, nice CLEAN well kept beards, specific gown type of clothing,aqhiq ring on their right hand, and the most important thing humbleness and piety on their faces............after all we are the keepers of the sunna of Muhammad-e-Mustafa (pbuh) .

Wasallam

Edited by fahim
  • Advanced Member

Salaam.

Generally speaking as others have mentioned, Shias have a cleaner beard that is well maintained and only are top scholars have longer beards.

Earings, long hair, that is all nonsense.

Hassan.

Edited by inshaAllah
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

There is a saying of Imam Ali a.s. about the look of his shias:

On a certain evening Imam Ali (peace be upon him) was departing from the Mosque. The surroundings were bright due to the moonlight. Imam Ali (peace be upon him) saw behind him a group of people walking towards him. He enquired as to who they were? They said: "We are your Shias." Imam Ali (peace be upon him) looked at their faces carefully and said:

"Why is it that your faces do not exhibit any sign of you being a Shia?"

"Master, what are the signs of a Shia?"

"Their faces are pale due to excessive worship and the fear of Allah, their backs are bent due to prolonged prayers, too much fasting causes their abdomen to touch their backbones, their lips become dry be repeating endless invocations, and their hearts are filled with the fear of Allah. "

Also there is a saying from Imam Mohammad Al BAqir a.s. he talks about the aspects of his shias

"O Jabir! Our Shias are known by these signs:

They are truthful, trustworthy and loyal;

They always remember Allah;

They offer their Prayers, observe fasts, and recite the Holy Qur'an;

They act nicely towards their parents;

They help their neighbours, take care of orphans, and say nothing but good of people;

They are worthy of people's trust and confidence."

Jabir was listening attentively. When the Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (peace be upon him) finished, Jabir said: "O son of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) among the Muslims there are very few who possess these qualities."

There are also some sayings of Imam Jafar as Sadiq about his shias

Imam Jafar Sadiq (peace be upon him): He is not from our Shia who accepts us by only his tongue and is against our actions and our legacy

Imam Jafar Sadiq (peace be upon him): Test our Shias on three occasions: At the time of prayers as to how they safeguard their prayers, and when they have a secret as to how they keep them from our enemies and by their properties (and wealth) as to how they spend on their brethren.

Imam Jafar Sadiq (peace be upon him): Verily our Shias are known for their following attributes: By their generosity towards their brethren and by their praying of fifty one (51) Rak'ats of prayers during night and day.

Also there are some sayings of Imam Musa Al Kathim a.s. about his shias

Imam Musa al-Kazim (peace be upon him): The Shia of Imam Ali (peace be upon him) is the one whose action testifies his words. Imam Musa al-Kazim (peace be upon him): He is not from our Shia whose heart is not afraid of God in his loneliness.

So until we all start doing 51 rakats of salat during the day and act in the way that our Imams a.s. have mentioned then none of us can really be shias and none of us can look like shias we can only learn and try to get to the path of the true shias

source of hadiths

(salam)

Edited by yurmuslimfriend
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Shia lebouf!!! LOL. I didn't know him until I saw the Transformers!

Here are something I just don't wanna see on Men/Brothers : Kohl/mascara on you eye lid, orange beard, rip wan winkle 2 feet long beard, trousers 4-5 inches above your ankle -> in short don't look like a wahhabi.

• Banned
(salam)

Shia lebouf!!! LOL. I didn't know him until I saw the Transformers!

Here are something I just don't wanna see on Men/Brothers : Kohl/mascara on you eye lid, orange beard, rip wan winkle 2 feet long beard, trousers 4-5 inches above your ankle -> in short don't look like a wahhabi.

wallahi i wont be able to describe a wahabi so beautifully lolllllllllllll

• Advanced Member
salam

may i ask why do they tuck in their pants or roll them up??

WaSalaam.

First refer to this hadith:

Abu Dhar radyaAllahu 'anhu narrated that the Prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said : 'Three (people) will not be looked at, spoken with, or forgiven by Allah on the Day of Resurrection and they will have painful torture.The prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said it three times. 'These have lost and failed'.

Abu Dhar radyaAllahu 'anhu said : 'Who are they?'

The Prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said: 'A man whose garment is below his ankles, one who gives charity and brags about it, and one who swears to help sell his goods.' Sahih Muslim, #1360, volume II

Salafis argue that this is still valid, in that the pants should never be below the ankles (so they fold them, purchase short pants, or tuck them in their socks lol!)

However, the Sunni opinion is that this refers to wealthy people who used to wear excessively long pants in order to flaunt their wealth, thus, the hadith is meant to target those who deliberately let the pants below the ankles as a display of excessive wealth. This does not apply in modern times.

Hassan.

• Basic Members
WaSalaam.

Abu Dhar radyaAllahu 'anhu narrated that the Prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said : 'Three (people) will not be looked at, spoken with, or forgiven by Allah on the Day of Resurrection and they will have painful torture.The prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said it three times. 'These have lost and failed'.

The Prophet sallal lahu 'alayhi wasalam said: 'A man whose garment is below his ankles, one who gives charity and brags about it, and one who swears to help sell his goods.' Sahih Muslim, #1360, volume II

Salafis argue that this is still valid, in that the pants should never be below the ankles (so they fold them, purchase short pants, or tuck them in their socks lol!)

However, the Sunni opinion is that this refers to wealthy people who used to wear excessively long pants in order to flaunt their wealth, thus, the hadith is meant to target those who deliberately let the pants below the ankles as a display of excessive wealth. This does not apply in modern times.

Hassan.

ohh ahah now i get it

cant they live in modern times now

geez

thanks very much

• Advanced Member

Yeah just remember that looks can be deceiving!

I seen the most typical SHIA LOOKING people be the most fraudulent crafty mo fos on earth

Our problem is we see someone with a nice trimmed beard and noor on their face (yes i know i posess both these qualities...MASHALLAH @ ME ) and start diving into their ..well yeah ..start kissing upto them because we think by knowing them or being associated with them, it will raise our own status

Forget that I hate SUCKERS UPTO PEOPLE WHO TREAT PEOPLE IN ONE WAY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE AMAZING AND THEN DISRESPECT OTHERS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE HIGHER .....SCREW THAT ....I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE KNOCKING ONE OF THOSE VACUUM HOOVER SUCKERS OUT RIGHT NOW.......

DO NOT SUCK UP !!!!! DON'T SUCK UPTO PEOPLE JUST KEEP IT REAL WITH EVERYONE WHOEVER LOOKS PIOUS AN WHOEVER DON'T LOOK PIOUS BE THE SAME WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIAS STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE THIS IS DESTROYING YOUR NAFS BECAUSE IT CAN BE CONSIDERED AS SHIRK...........YOU WANT TO PLEASE THEM SO THEY THINK HIGHLY OF YOU ..JUST PLEASE THE ALMIGHTY AND HE WILL RAISE YOUR STATUS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS.........REMEMBER THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE ASWELL WHO ALSO COMMIT SINS THEY ARE NOT INFALLIBLE AT ALL AND TRUST ME IF THEY WERE IN FRONT OF US RIGHT NOW THEY WOULDN'T EVEN DARE TO TALK TO PEOPLE THE WAY THEY DO!!!

PLEASE STOP SUCKING UP ALL YOU WHO CALL YOURSELVES FOLLOWERS OF ALI IBN ABI TALIB (A.S) KEEP IT REAL AND HUMBLE WITH EVERYONE YOU COME ACROSS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S MY 2 RUPEES

• 2 weeks later...
WaSalaam.

Hassan.

i think we also have hadiths about not letting our pants touch the floor as to pick up najasit/impurities, etc...but the sunnis may've misinterpreted the hadith and pushed it up past the ankles.

• Advanced Member
- nothing wrong with long hair

- nothing wrong with long beard

- where does it say ear rings aren't allowed?

btw, i don't have any of the characteristics described, was just wondering

Please don't put forth your opinions as if they are facts. Many maraja3' say if you make a fist, the beard shouldn't be long to the point where it comes out the other end of your hand, and also say earrings for men are prohibited.

Edited by jund_el_Mahdi
  • Advanced Member
Please don't put forth your opinions as if they are facts. Many maraja3' say if you make a fist, the beard shouldn't be long to the point where it comes out the other end of your hand, and also say earrings for men are prohibited.

Have you seen H.E Sistani's beard?

Most of are marjas have long beards, explain that?

• Advanced Member

Show me where it says long hair is forbidden?

Depends on how you define long. I would say many of those same marja you're talking about have long beards. And don't give me any marja's word on earrings, they are not hujjah on anyone. Show me hadiths, surahs, etc forbidding it.

• Advanced Member
Yeah just remember that looks can be deceiving!

I seen the most typical SHIA LOOKING people be the most fraudulent crafty mo fos on earth

Our problem is we see someone with a nice trimmed beard and noor on their face (yes i know i posess both these qualities...MASHALLAH @ ME ) and start diving into their ..well yeah ..start kissing upto them because we think by knowing them or being associated with them, it will raise our own status

Forget that I hate SUCKERS UPTO PEOPLE WHO TREAT PEOPLE IN ONE WAY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE AMAZING AND THEN DISRESPECT OTHERS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE HIGHER .....SCREW THAT ....I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE KNOCKING ONE OF THOSE VACUUM HOOVER SUCKERS OUT RIGHT NOW.......

DO NOT SUCK UP !!!!! DON'T SUCK UPTO PEOPLE JUST KEEP IT REAL WITH EVERYONE WHOEVER LOOKS PIOUS AN WHOEVER DON'T LOOK PIOUS BE THE SAME WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIAS STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE THIS IS DESTROYING YOUR NAFS BECAUSE IT CAN BE CONSIDERED AS SHIRK...........YOU WANT TO PLEASE THEM SO THEY THINK HIGHLY OF YOU ..JUST PLEASE THE ALMIGHTY AND HE WILL RAISE YOUR STATUS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS.........REMEMBER THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE ASWELL WHO ALSO COMMIT SINS THEY ARE NOT INFALLIBLE AT ALL AND TRUST ME IF THEY WERE IN FRONT OF US RIGHT NOW THEY WOULDN'T EVEN DARE TO TALK TO PEOPLE THE WAY THEY DO!!!

PLEASE STOP SUCKING UP ALL YOU WHO CALL YOURSELVES FOLLOWERS OF ALI IBN ABI TALIB (A.S) KEEP IT REAL AND HUMBLE WITH EVERYONE YOU COME ACROSS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S MY 2 RUPEES

Bwahaha :lol:

Show me where it says long hair is forbidden?

Depends on how you define long. I would say many of those same marja you're talking about have long beards. And don't give me any marja's word on earrings, they are not hujjah on anyone. Show me hadiths, surahs, etc forbidding it.

are there any hadiths on pony tails for men and nail polish on men and lipstick on a mans lips and instead of a hindu red dot on the forehead what about a green one?

• Advanced Member

First of all....chill out, no need to get your undies in a bunch.

Second, nail polish, lipstick, etc are feminine things. And no, the same can not be said about ear rings. If a guy is seen with nail polish, lipstick, etc chances are someone will beat the gay out of him. A guy with an earring however, is not looked at as being gay or feminine.

So again, I ask for evidence on why earrings are considered haram for men. Gold earrings, I understand. But what about non gold ones?