Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

weird Question

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Sallamun Alaykum

for me as soon as possibel :)

id assume something like 16-20 for men and 14-18 for woman ofcourse it varies from one person to another for example iraqi woman in iraq are more mature in my experience than iraqi girls in the uk i repeat this is from what i see i may be incorrect but if u think about it it makes sense war usually makes a person mature or breaks him or her.

wswrwb

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Inshallah I am getting married this summer. I am 22 and my wife is of the same age. Married depends all on the person and how mature he or she is. But i would say between 21-26 is a good age since people mature at different times.

• Advanced Member

I don't think there is a "set age" or a deadline as such for marriage. Personally, I think financial security and independence is very important and by independence I mean in an emotional capacity. I would say 25+ for women and perhaps 28+ for men.

• Banned
(salam)

Inshallah I am getting married this summer. I am 22 and my wife is of the same age. Married depends all on the person and how mature he or she is. But i would say between 21-26 is a good age since people mature at different times.

have u started earning? :wacko:

i know age is not the problem even we can marry at 18 but as i asked in present world scenerio a permanent JOB and good status is essential to get married.

• Advanced Member

I don't think there is a set age, I've seen younger marriages end up successfully, and older ones as well..so I think it depends.

It would be better to get married younger, obviously to avoid tempations and such. But for a man to marry around 18 is seldom seen here. When you graduate High School, you're typically 18 ( or turning 18). You probably don't have a decent job yet, nor a home. Alot of men study to ensure a stable career, which usually puts marriage on hold. Sometimes getting married young is ideal, but not really practical (like 20 and younger for men). But again, it depends..

• Advanced Member
have u started earning? :wacko:

i know age is not the problem even we can marry at 18 but as i asked in present world scenerio a permanent JOB and good status is essential to get married.

(salam)

No it isn't essential that you have a permanent job to get married. Allah's (swt) rizq is promised, it might take you some time to get yourselves set up. But your marriage wont fail because of it.

I know lots of us on here are talking from experience, life is as complicated as people make it. So keep it simple and don't create unecessary hurdles for yourselves.

To answer the question - you get married when you find someone who you think is right for you. No earlier, no later.

• Banned
(salam)

No it isn't essential that you have a permanent job to get married. Allah's (swt) rizq is promised, it might take you some time to get yourselves set up. But your marriage wont fail because of it.

I know lots of us on here are talking from experience, life is as complicated as people make it. So keep it simple and don't create unecessary hurdles for yourselves.

To answer the question - you get married when you find someone who you think is right for you. No earlier, no later.

(wasalam)

I know my dear what you trying to say but this world is not a fairy tale untill you have money in your pocket people dont recognise you...i am a self made man my dad isnt rich enough so in case like mine it is better boy shud have a good JOB so that he can provide a better life to his spouse.

Edited by Ali Huzaifa
  • Advanced Member

I'm getting married in 3 weeks time. I am 17 years old and my husband-to-be is 22 years old. We're both completely ready to do this - Alhamdulillah - and we want children right away - Of course though, whenever Allah (s.w.t) provides us with that blessing.

Edited by Hanan
  • Advanced Member

Soo... do you really need to have finished studies, and have a penthouse/car/loaded walk-in closet/big fat bank account/a ton of gold/etc to get married? Or can you simply work hard, be happy with what you have and rely on Allah for the rest?

My husband and I...

-Married at 21 (him) and 18 (me) years old

-Didn't finish our studies until 25 (him) and 24 (me) years

-Spent the first three years living apart, me having a very active student life

-First found a shabby 2-room apartment nominated for destruction, with imminent expulsion at 2-weeks notice anytime

-Had our civil marriage and our "big white dress party" at 24/21 years.

-For years lived off government student allowances and occasional side jobs

-have after graduation been alternately breadwinner, with him depending on me as much as the other way round

-have never been without income

-bought our first car when he needed it for his first job after graduating

-still love to travel by train

-are possibly the happiest couple on earth

So what are you waiting for? There's absolutely no excuse to watch mr(s) Right walk into someone else's arms because you thought your circumstances weren't right yet!

• Basic Members

Sa, InshAllah u r well,

It is recommended in Islam to get married young so i would say that 17 and up is a great time. But as has been said there is no set age. you get married when you find the right person.

As for financial aspects, this is very important but Allah has promised rizq. I have a fiend who is now 28(i think) who got married when he was 18 years old and he's had a successful marriage. If you marry for the sake of Allah them surely you will be successful.

Theres also support from family during the early years so having a house isnt much of a problem.

When you marry young its easier to comprimize with each other and therefore the marriage is successful but when you get older you set your own lifestyle. the majority of divorces these days occur because the husband cannot live with the wife cos he's not use to her way of living and vice versa.

GET MARRIED YOUNG!!!

• Banned

i think coz of medical reasons...i guess

i knew a girl long back,she was 5 years elder then me and she always use to tell me i cant marry you coz u are younger then me loll

she is turkish

Edited by Ali Huzaifa