In the Name of God بسم الله

newly married & problems

Rate this topic

sa110

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

Is shalwar qameez un Islamic? the word "satar poshi" is used, if a jeans does it, its OK.In Iran, mostly gals wear jeans under a long gown. Problem is not wearing a particular dress or not, its a matter of adaptability of culture. If her in laws follow un Islamic culture, she is not bound to do that, only thing is difference in cultures

Of course dressing in shalwar kameez is not unislamic in itself (although i could argue some styles make for inapproprate hijab). Its a particular type of cultural style of dress, not an islamic one. Otherwise you would see muslims from all different ethinicities wearing them. Even if this stye of dress is not unislamic, she is still NOT obligated to dress in shalwar kameez under islamic law. She is required to dress modestly and cover her hair. How she chooses to do that is up to her.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

She can wear scarf on jeans and shalwar qameez. Well, i think this thread has been stretched so loooooong(Chances of breaking are there :) ) I think we shud not confuse her, coz i found so many unnecessary replies and no use except to make her more confused and perplexed. Well, sis, u have got many views, do rational analysis, make ur own decision. Don't forget this is ur life, u have to take vital decision for ur life a head with ur family (Immediate and in laws), so make a wise decision. Allah may help you.

• Basic Members
(bismillah)

Very good advice. It works.

yes i also think this is very good advice. Also sister, i can tell you one more thing from my own experience. you never know how bad you have it until you hear some one elses life story.

im not saying you should stay miserable, what im trying to say is its your decision. only you live in your shoes. only you know how much you can take.

do you think leaving him will make you a much happier person..........think about leaving him tonight........how will you feel knowing you will never see his face, hear his voice, will you truely be happy. if you can say yes, than go. but if you really love him and can be patient with all this, than stay and pray.

also, how will you parents feel, are they willing to accept you back with open arms? what will you do?

• Basic Members
exactly.. why do most good women get married off to lousy guys :dry:

I dont usually complain to Allah but this is the only complaint i have-: :(

WHY DO pious women like myself have to be married to complete hypocrites?

Edited by kaneez14

^ ideally, when people make mistakes they should inform others but when people keep it quiet and remain in ignorance then history will keep repeating itself in my opinion. No one says we have to use names, say it anonymously. we all make mistakes but we need to try our best to help others in every way permissible.

Edited by gogiison2

• Advanced Member
I dont usually complain to Allah but this is the only complaint i have-: :(

WHY DO pious women like myself have to be married to complete hypocrites?

i am sorry sister if i offend u...but u cant only blame the guy ONLY..its a fault of both of them...for a fact, nobody..I MEAN...NOBODY realizes the fact that whatever happens PRE-marriage between a couple is just an ILLUSION wich does not exist...the reality is wat happens psot marriage....

i can make u a "list" of mistakes the sister (who is having this problem) is making...just by her posts....but still...inshallah there is surly a way out of this...

again sister...please dont blame the guy ONLY...i dont say the guy is not at fault...

but over here, its better if we focus on the present rather than crying over the past...

we shud all make dua for her and her husbands happy life in future...and its better if she starts reciting ziyarat e ashura....thats wat i gotta say to her...inshallah everything will be just fine and she'll just find her way to solve this...