Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mother's Day - Sunday 22nd March 2009

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Hey people.

its mothers day on the 22nd of March. any gift ideas? not the usual stuff like flowers, chocolates, perfumes, jewellery etc. i wana give my mum something different or do something different for her this year.

any ideas?

What will you be doing?

we have a week to go!!!!!

• Unregistered

its not our Mother's day, our Mothers day is the birthday of Syedatun nisael aalameen salamulla aleha

I will recite Fatiha and make two rakat namaz for my mom :wub: :cry:

me too

Edited by Beloved
  • Advanced Member
What about a nice letter about why she's the best mom in the world? or a poem?

thats actually not a bad idea at all. i think letter would be better for me coz i'd be hopeless at poetry. thanks :)

Ilahi Ameen and shukran jazeelan ya Ukhti!

i know wot illahi ameen means but not the rest sorry. :huh:

its not our Mother's day, our Mothers day is the birthday of Syedatun nisael aalameen salamulla aleha

me too

may Allah give ur mum jannat. ameen.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is what i did on Mothers day last year. The evening before i did collect all the items i needed, firstly had this beautiful extra large coloured and printed paper, got some coloured sketch pens out (from my school days!!) , late in the evening quitely ventured out of the house to pluck some roses from the garden, then wrote this poem on the coloured sheet i mentioned, queitly went downstairs when everyone was asleep. Went to the kitchen, pasted the coloured sheet and the roses on top of it, on the kitchen glass almirah. Then first thing in the mornig , after Mom had read fajar and then gone down to make breakfast, and bang!! it was there waiting for her to read it. then slowly i came to the kitchen as well, ah!! that million dollar look on my mothers face!!!! and the hug I got, PRICELESS, love her!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the poem i had written on the coloured sheet

"To Mother with Love"

"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,

"T" is for the tears she has shed for me,

"H" is for her heart of purest gold,

"E" is for her eyes,with love light shining,

"R" means right,and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER," A word that means the WORLD to me.......Love you Mother.

And yes, that piece of paper is still sticking on the kitchen almirah, a year later too..................

Edited by fahim
  • Advanced Member

I got ym mum n my nannoo these 2 bid cards.. n my mum ths soft toys flower put tht has a small teddy huggin the long branchy bit of flower n on the flower ti sez best mum ::unsure :D

umm fr you i thik mayb perfumee or a MUG tht says summit ylk best mum or wateva on it :D

• Advanced Member

might aswell nt celebrate birthdaiz either as you shud b happy tht u r born everyday right? :D :squeez:

dumbo its jus a nice lil extra expressin love day wher EVERYONE celebrates it 2getha.. :P

nxt comen frm saand will be "i wz joking :)" hehe :P

This is clearly bida.

Why are we Muslims celebrating such a day???

You should love your mum everyday. :!!!:

• Veteran Member
(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Hey people.

its mothers day on the 22nd of March. any gift ideas? not the usual stuff like flowers, chocolates, perfumes, jewellery etc. i wana give my mum something different or do something different for her this year.

any ideas?

What will you be doing?

we have a week to go!!!!!

I'll give my mum a kiss over the phone. I haven't seen her for over a damn year. Miss her :(