Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bones

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

Salam everybody

I recently came across this post comparing two series, Dexter (which is one of my favourites) and Bones (which I hadn't heard of). I thought Bones sounded interesting so i watched the first episode of the first season and loved it. I'm almost finished the first season now, the series is on season 4, but I think its a great show and is now close to the top of the list of my favourite.

Does anybody here watch it?

Wasalam.

• Advanced Member

O boy, I sure do!

I love it. You totally should watch the first few seasons on DVD, the show is fantastic.

I am also a big fan of Big Love and Dexter, as well as of the "Friday Night Lineup:" Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse (it's getting good!) and (sob) the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

(bismillah)

^ lol I'm on the last episode of season one, im sure ill be done all the seasons by the end of march break :P

My shows that I watch are the following: Desperate Housewives and Dexter, Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill, 90210 and Privileged, Ugly Betty and Smallville, and of course Bones. House seems like a really good show judging from one episode i saw but i think i have enough on my plate for the time being, maybe after Smallville and OTH are done :P

Obviously they're a very broad variety of shows, but generally you can tell a persons interests from their activities and favourite shows/movies etc. Can you guess what kind of personality I have without asking somebody who knows me? (you know what I mean)

BTW- who's your favourite character?

^ lol it would be hilarious if a guy watched half the shows i listed! I'm a female thank you very much.

I just finished the last episode of season one, she found her mother, put away her mothers murderer, but it ended with a message from her father telling her to stop looking for him. That was a really good season finale, i'm going to start season 2 right now :Hijabi:.

Also - Season 3 of Dexter was notttttt bad! :| Granted it didn't measure up to season 2, but honestly do you think they will be able to create a season as good as that again? The story line for that season was amazing and very very unexpected. Season 3 was very good if u forget about how good season 2 was and watch objectively, lol. Season 4 is taking forever.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

^Are you talking about bones? I still haven't seen that show, but it does sound interesting. About Dexter, I guess in season 3 the story dragged on a little too long without action, but it was 'okay' at best then. The only shows I see now are Heroes (but it's getting boring), Everybody hates Chris, and Prison Break if it came back on. I heard Lost is good? but never really got into that.

CSI's still good lol.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Yeah Heroes is a bit boring now, they lost their good plot. But I guess if you watched it from the beginning it may still keep you slightly interested enough to want to see how things finish. I don't know what shows are good anymore as I barely watch, but I like CSI, Everybody Hates Chris, Prison Break - I was a fan of it when it first came out, it too also lost some of it's touch but I'm still interested enough to see how the story goes, apparently it'll have one final season left. Smallville I liked too but it became real stupid and boring now.

Oh "True Blood" is an interesting show - but it may be a bit haramical lol.

• Advanced Member
Oh "True Blood" is an interesting show - but it may be a bit haramical lol.
Vampires are dead, which presumably makes them permanently najis, and drinking blood is definitely haram. But I'm just watching, neither touching nor participating.

;-)

• Advanced Member

Did anybody watch this week's episode of Bones?

Dr Brennan's new assistant is a devout Iranian muslim named Arastoo Vaziri (played by the actor Pej Vehdat). Very interesting episode. The character prays 5 times a day, much to the annoyance of Brennan.

Very likable character. I hope we see him again.

Did anybody watch this week's episode of Bones?

Dr Brennan's new assistant is a devout Iranian muslim named Arastoo Vaziri (played by the actor Pej Vehdat). Very interesting episode. The character prays 5 times a day, much to the annoyance of Brennan.

Very likable character. I hope we see him again.

ohhh tht sounds exciting. I can't wait to get through season 3 now :D

• Advanced Member

3ashiqat-Al-Batoul wrote: ohhh that sounds exciting. I can't wait to get through season 3 now

Right now you're watching season 2, correct? Season 4 is being shown on TV right now, so it'll be a while before you get to the muslim character. I just checked, and it doesn't appear that the muslim character appears again this season. Maybe he'll appear in season 5.

There's a bit more I could say about the muslim character, but I can't until you finish season 3. Season 3 ends with a shocking plot twist which I don't want to give away.

3ashiqat-Al-Batoul wrote: ohhh that sounds exciting. I can't wait to get through season 3 now

Right now you're watching season 2, correct? Season 4 is being shown on TV right now, so it'll be a while before you get to the muslim character. I just checked, and it doesn't appear that the muslim character appears again this season. Maybe he'll appear in season 5.

There's a bit more I could say about the muslim character, but I can't until you finish season 3. Season 3 ends with a shocking plot twist which I don't want to give away.

Nope, im near the end of season 3. And all of season 4 up to the episode that came on yesterday is already uploaded online, lol so i can watch it whenever i want :P

• Advanced Member

3ashiqat-Al-Batoul wrote: I can not believe Zack was the apprentice. He was my favourite character.

Boy, you are really flying through the episodes. Another day or two and you should be caught up. I too was shocked by that revelation. I suspected that Dr Sweets was the apprentice.

By now you probably know that Zack appears again early in season 4 (I think just one episode, maybe two). I've checked the web, and he will again be making an appearance at the end of season 4 (in another month or two).

Anyway, the comment I wanted to make about the connection between Zack and the muslim character... as you may already know (depending upon how many episodes of season 4 you've watched) they don't replace Zack with a permanent character. Instead, they have a series of different characters take the position of Dr Brennan's assistant, the latest being the muslim guy. To the best of my recollection, evey assistant has appeared in at least two episodes, so I'm hopeful that muslim guy will appear again in season 5.

My three favorite scenes involving Zack (hard to pick just 3):

(1) at the wedding (end of season two) where he talks to Booth about honour

(2) the short scene towards the end of season 3 where Zack reveals that he can sing

(3) the hospital scene, after all the characters know that Zack was the apprentice, where Dr Brennan, Dr Saroyan, and Angela are standing at the window, looking at Zack in his hospital bed, while he looks back at them.

^ yep i'm up to day on all of that. I'm currently on episode 10 of season 4, i like Clark a lot, if they HAD to permanently replace Zack then i would want Clark to be chosen (even though he hates working there, lol).

Zack is so adorable, i'm glad they're letting him grow his hair back, he looks so much cuter that way, when he cut his hair short it was ugly. Though in a real life situation he probably would never be allowed to work at the Jeffersonian again, but they probably will let him work there again when they find out he didn't actually kill anybody, and one way or another he gets let out innocent.

• 1 month later...