Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
concerned

Tattoos - are they allowed/halal?

Rate this topic

I really want to get one done but wanted to make sure if it was permissable or not..and is there a difference between the acceptance of semi-permanent vs permanent tatoos?

your comments would be much appreciated, thanks!

According to Shi'a faqih, permanent tattoos are permissible insofar as their contents do not contradict Islam. The tattoo becomes part of the skin, so there isn't a problem when it comes to wudhu. Sistani and Khameini back this. So do many others.

Yep.

I dunno about girls with tats though :Hijabi: ....it's such a guy thing!

i know tattoos are more of a guy thing but what if a girl just wants to get a name or sumthing tattooed, then can she?

i know tattoos are more of a guy thing but what if a girl just wants to get a name or sumthing tattooed, then can she?

how are tattoos a guy thing explain to me how? it is because it makes a man look more manly if he has a tattoo,

because i think not, it makes him look less of a man. Tattoos shouldnt be constricted to either male or female

its just acording to personal preference =)

Sterotypical thought of women cant have tattos... i say go for it *sareena* =)

Stereotypes often have a degree of validity to them, hence the very existence of the stereotype.

Yep, she can.

But as you acknowledge, it isn't a thing a girl should do (unless you are a bogan.)

I agree but i dont get why people tend to assume tattoos are supposedly "manly", maybe its the process of getting a tattoo or maybe the parading of tattoos on muscles lol..

Pretty much.

Also I could associate certain type of girl with certani types of tattoo (i.e lower back tat etc.)

:Hijabi:

Edited by Hassan2jz

Yep, she can.

But as you acknowledge, it isn't a thing a girl should do (unless you are a bogan.)

Pretty much.

Also I could associate certain type of girl with certani types of tattoo (i.e lower back tat etc.)

:Hijabi:

So you are implying that females that do have tattoos are a "certain type" let me just say i know

a 65 year old shia women who has a tattoo & she isnt what you categorise as "certain" shes

actually is one of the most pious women i know. dont generalise because that just makes you look

sexist....judging by your posts in this thread i think you are.

wa (salam)

Edited by ~[yasmine]~

So you are implying that females that do have tattoos are a "certain type" let me just say i know

a 65 year old shia women who has a tattoo & she isnt what you categorise as "certain" shes

actually is one of the most pious women i know. dont generalise because that just makes you look

stupid.

You do realise I am stirring you?

Dance puppet dance, now who looks stupid? :P

Although I still don't like the idea of girls with tats... :)

Edited by Hassan2jz

& why are you calling me a puppet? because im a female and i think for myself,

because i dont have the same view as you "men" in this forum?

lol. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

I was stirring you, you were stirred. I thus controlled you like a puppet.

Don't jump to fancy conclusions.