Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Few questions about beard.

Rate this topic

DoubleA

• Advanced Member

Salam brothers. I know few of the questions I am gonna ask are already being asked few times by others, but I need to make sure, so please help me.

OK many people say that keeping beard is a something Muslims must do, now some say it is sunnah. Now what is the right answer.

I always keep my beard for the sake of my religion. Now my question is how long my beard would have to be? Can I trim my beard very little in such way that it will show my beard but the length of it would be very small (Would that be haram)?

Ok I also found out (not sure if it's right or wrong) that we should shave off our mustache. If we keep our mustache along with the beard, is it haram to do so?

Please brothers help me. I need some answers. Thank you.

• Advanced Member

Asalam Alaikum Brother.

For Shias its Wajib(Mandatory) while for Sunni's its Sunnah. This my dad told me so I have no doubt.

I trim my beard to as small as I can for some reasons. So I am not sure if thats a problem or not and do need an answer from someone.

And as far as I know one must trim his mustache for the reasons of Sunnah. So I am not completely sure about this.

I hope this helps you. :yaali:

Allah Hafiz.

• Advanced Member

We shia and majority of the sunni schools of thought agree that keeping the beard is wajib, while few say it is just sunnah. It's fine to keep it short. According to many maraja, it can be kept short as long as it is viewed as a beard by the common society/community.

It's not haram to have a mustache with your beard, but it should not cross into your lips. So keep it trimmed above your lips.

• Advanced Member
We shia and majority of the sunni schools of thought agree that keeping the beard is wajib, while few say it is just sunnah. It's fine to keep it short. According to many maraja, it can be kept short as long as it is viewed as a beard by the common society/community.

It's not haram to have a mustache with your beard, but it should not cross into your lips. So keep it trimmed above your lips.

thanks brother ur answer helped me, but i still need to know is it sunnah or wajib? and some muslims have a line of hair as beard and it is very trimmed, is that acceptable?

Edited by DoubleA