Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Hussain's (as) wives

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Imam Hussain (as) was married to the daughter of Talhah and also to Abu Sufyans Grand-Daughter.

How could he be married to an Umayad? Dont we curse the umayads, barring the son of Yazid, Muawiyah II? Does this cursing include her? Was she good or bad like the wife who poisoned Imam Hassan (as)?

And what about being married to the daughter of an enemy of Imam Ali (as)?

• Basic Members
Imam Hussain (as) was married to the daughter of Talhah and also to Abu Sufyans Grand-Daughter.

How could he be married to an Umayad? Dont we curse the umayads, barring the son of Yazid, Muawiyah II? Does this cursing include her? Was she good or bad like the wife who poisoned Imam Hassan (as)?

And what about being married to the daughter of an enemy of Imam Ali (as)?

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) was married to Ramla (umm Habiba), the daughter of Abu Sufiyan and sister of Muawiya (ummm maybe)! Therefore cursing the ummayads is only restricted to the evil doers!

• Advanced Member
First time I am hearing such a thing. Where did you get that information ?

Could you kindly tell us the names of those two wives ?

I think Kitab ul Irshaad mentions Shimr or Yazid demanding his sister sons from the camp of Al-Hussain (as)...

If someone has a hard copy then maybe they can confirm. I am bit hazy on the details so i could be wrong.

• 7 years later...
  • Basic Members
On 2/10/2009 at 8:06 PM, IloveImamHussain said:

First time I am hearing such a thing. Where did you get that information ?

Could you kindly tell us the names of those two wives ?

https://www.al-islam.org/nafasul-mahmum-relating-heart-rending-tragedy-karbala-shaykh-abbas-qummi/children-imam-husayn-and

• Advanced Member
36 minutes ago, Abu_Rumaysah said:

Answer came after 7 years. Man why it took you so long? :grin:

Do you know what, I am really trying to refrain myself from saying much because we are in a time of mourning and we really wish you'd respect that.

If you are not mourning over the martyrdom of the Prophets grandson, please at least allow the rest of the Islamic ummah to mourn in peace. There's no need to come on our forums with petty and unnecessary comments.

W'salam.

Edited by Alzaynebia313
  • Advanced Member
On 2/10/2009 at 3:55 AM, Hassan kachal said:

How could he be married to an Umayad? Dont we curse the umayads, barring the son of Yazid, Muawiyah II? Does this cursing include her? ?

I am not a shia , but I think you do not curse Umar Abdul Aziz RA also . he is respected figure among both shias - sunnis . I do not need to elaborate why is he respected , the forum members are knowledgeable enough.