Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ghulam panjtan

advice would be appreciated

Rate this topic

This is completely off-topic and not linked to religion BUT-does anyone here have any knowledge of cyber-law? (Thing is, someone's been using my name for a diff forum- n it's not me, not my page etc....anyways,...is it possible to take legal action against this person? n how?

This is completely off-topic and not linked to religion BUT-does anyone here have any knowledge of cyber-law? (Thing is, someone's been using my name for a diff forum- n it's not me, not my page etc....anyways,...is it possible to take legal action against this person? n how?

Salams

I don't think you can take a legal action against the person, unless he/she is pretending to be you, in real life, and/or is abusing/harrasing you directly/indirectly.

Fi-Amanillah

this is very serious offence and belive me very annoying specially if u are a sister,if some thing goes serious u must complain it to local police

Edited by Ali Huzaifa

Bro, believe me i'd have him crucified to a wall If HE WERENT DOING IT ALL OVER THE NET!!!!!! He (had my friends investigate) is a He, using my FULL name (I'm a she), and he is actually non-Muslim but has posted the profile photo of a Muslim hijabi girl as his display pic. what he's doing with my name and this poor girl's pic I have no idea. this si on Facebook btw- n it IS illegal to use someone else's name and impersonate someone. So...what should I do?

this is very serious offence and belive me very annoying specially if u are a sister,if some thing goes serious u must complain it to local police

(salam)

Facebook's website says:

To report a Page for content that violates our Terms of Use, please click on the "Report this Page" link found in the bottom, left corner of every Page. We do not allow Pages to impersonate any entities and will remove any that attempt to do so.

So at the very least, you should use that process to report the abuse to Facebook. If the person is being harmful (rather than just annoying), then you should get in touch with your local police.

Edited by Salaam1

ty bro. SO the common consensus is to report him on FB? I cant report him to police coz I dont know which country he lives in, hsi real name, etc. What if he jst tells FB that he really does have my name and is a female Muslim?????????????

(salam)

Facebook's website says:

So at the very least, you should use that process to report the abuse to Facebook. If the person is being harmful (rather than just annoying), then you should get in touch with your local police.