Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraqi prime minister is big winner in vote

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Iraqi prime minister is big winner in vote

BAGHDAD – The Iraqi prime minister's allies finished first in races for ruling councils in Baghdad and eight other provinces during last weekend's provincial elections, officials said Thursday — a strong endorsement of his campaign to restore order in this war-ravaged country.

The election commission announced that the coalition loyal to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's won 38 percent of the votes in Baghdad in Saturday's election, followed by allies of anti-U.S. cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and a Sunni party with 9 percent each.

In Basra, the country's second biggest city, the prime minister's followers won 37 percent to 11.6 percent for the Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council, the biggest Shiite party.

Both cities were racked by Shiite militia violence for years until al-Maliki ordered a crackdown last spring, ending the rule of gunmen.

Voters chose ruling councils in 14 of the 18 provinces in the first election since December 2005.

The vote was aimed at redistributing political power at the local level and was widely seen as a dress rehearsal for national parliamentary elections at the end of the year. U.S. officials were watching the outcome for signs of whether Iraq was stable enough for significant troop withdrawals this year.

As a sign of continued instability, a suicide bomber blew himself up Thursday inside a crowded restaurant in a Kurdish city near the Iranian border, killing at least 14 people and wounding 12, according to the U.S. military and Iraqi officials. The attack in Khanaqin occurred as ethnic tensions have been rising following last weekend's elections.

Kurdish and police officials said most of the victims were Kurds lunching at the popular Abu Dalshad restaurant. Police chief Col. Azad Eisa gave a higher death toll of 16 but that could not immediately be confirmed.

Khanaqin, 90 miles (140 kilometers) northeast of Baghdad, has been a source of friction between Kurds and the Arab-run central government. Hundreds of Kurds complained on election day that they couldn't find their names on voter registration lists.

Salahuddin Kokha, an official with the local chapter of a Kurdish political party, said the attack was meant to upset Kurdish claims of a strong showing in elections in mainly Sunni Diyala province.

"Terrorists want to destroy the happiness of the Kurds over their election victory in Khanaqin," Kokha said. "All of those killed were civilians."

The official election results later showed that the main Sunni bloc's list won the vote in Diyala with 21.1 percent, while the Kurds came in second with 17.2 percent.

In the days following elections, tension was mounting elsewhere. Early returns leaked by political parties have led to allegations of irregularities in several provinces, particularly Anbar province, a former Sunni insurgent stronghold west of the capital.

Tensions between rival Sunni parties have been running high in Anbar, causing Iraqi authorities to ask U.S. troops to stand by in case of trouble following Thursday's elections announcement.

A leader of the Awakening Councils — Sunni tribesmen who turned against al-Qaida in the area — has complained that rival Sunnis stole the election, a charge they denied.

A Sunni party led by Saleh al-Mutlaq won in Anbar with 17.6 percent. The Awakening Council list finished close behind at 17.1.

Meanwhile, Maj. Gen. Tariq Yousif, chief of the provincial police, said he had asked U.S. troops to patrol outside the cities in case of trouble.

"The American troops are deploying now in Anbar province," Yousif told The Associated Press by telephone. "We have an agreement with the American troops to support us in case of any emergency."

The U.S. military said Marine commanders had a previously scheduled meeting with local sheiks on Thursday and that American forces were conducting security patrol with Iraqi security forces "as part of normal operations."

Anbar was handed over to Iraqi control last year but U.S. Marines remain there in support of the Iraqis.

On Wednesday, a top leader of the Awakening Councils, Sheik Ahmed Abu Risha, told Al-Arabiya television his group had "hundreds of documents" to prove the number of votes was inflated in Anbar to throw the election to the Islamic Party, which controls the provincial administration and is part of the national government.

Voting in Anbar and elsewhere in the country took place without major violence. But U.S. and Iraqi officials fear there could be trouble if the losers don't accept the results. Elections will be held later in four northern provinces, three of them in the Kurdish self-governing region.

Also on Thursday, a roadside bomb targeted a Shiite candidate for provincial election in Baqouba, northwest of Baghdad, an Iraqi police officer said.

Salim al-Zeidi escaped injury when the bomb exploded outside his home, said the officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.

In a separate attack, a roadside bomb targeted a government convoy that was carrying a deputy education minister.

Ministry spokesman Waleed Hussein said the bomb exploded Thursday morning as the convoy passed through the Baghdad neighborhood of Mansour. He said deputy education minister Muadh al-Jibouri escaped injury.

___

Associated Press Writers Saad Abdul-Kadir and Hamid Ahmed contributed to this report.

• Advanced Member
Mabrouk ,i see the victory of the iraqi nationalists and the defeat of separatism .But be careful ,a succesful democratic Iraq scares the neighbors and they will still try to export terrorism to Iraq,only a strong iraq ,with a strong army would prevent Iraq from such harm.

let's come back like in the past ! tell the time come back O past .

Time is going on since (Allah's will ) USA and Eu insist to change face of the region .

• Advanced Member
Yonus ,i dont believe in this theory ,the people of the region are eternal and would always have the last word ,not the regimes nor USA or Europe ,their supremacy can not be eternal.Be patient,the changes will happen for the better ,because worse than we are ,it's not possible.

True , but if we go back to revolution of 1920 in Iraq , Shias were the backbone which is based upon the revolution ,but when the apple was ripe , Sunnis ( with respect ) came and pick it .Today Iraqi shia have understood the game and instead of group control another group , they prefer to make it democratic with help of US of course .

Edited by yonus
  • Advanced Member

u guys are stupid and a bunch of fools, he is not iranian puppet. as u wish..if he was he wouldnt have succeeded..

ammar al-hakeem and his criminal thieves are the iranian stooges..

out with lying thieves....they tried their best to intimidate and buy votes, despite their cheats they still failed...

SCIRI r the puppets...enough of their stupidity, and their discrimination, they destroyed the country.

congratulates to al-Maliki and the 302 candidates.

Yonus,1920 uprising against the british was not a" shia "revolution ,all iraq took part from Zakho to Al Zubayr

And your blackmail-democracy under the umbrella of the americans is not a solution ,but i agree that the iraqis lack of other options,they are surrended by dangerous regimes,the Turkish example is the best i think ,west friendly but also independent,democratic and proud country with a strong army.

Now the top priority is the return of the millions of displaced iraqis(most of them from Baghdad) , the refugees in Syria and Jordan,many of those are highly educated,Iraq is mroe than ever in need of all these intellectuals ,doctors,scientists,engineers ..

Edited by Omar Khayyam
  • Advanced Member
u guys are stupid and a bunch of fools, he is not iranian puppet. as u wish..if he was he wouldnt have succeeded..

out with lying thieves....they tried their best to intimidate and buy votes, despite their cheats they still failed...

SCIRI r the puppets...enough of their stupidity, and their discrimination, they destroyed the country.

Spot on. Exactly my thoughts!

• Advanced Member
Yonus,1920 uprising against the british was not a" shia "revolution ,all iraq took part from Zakho to Al Zubayr

I said shia was the backbone of revolution and the leader was ( sha'lan abul jon ) from al3mara city .

Turkish example is the best i think ,west friendly but also independent,democratic and proud country with a strong army.

Turkish is good but not perfect otherwise EU would accept it , but if Iraq was Turkey EU would accept it after around 10 years .

Yonus ,Sheikh al Dhari killed colonel G Leachman in Fallujah in 1920 and the kurds led by Sheikh Mahmud revolted against the british in 1919 ,the British responded with Gas attacks.

Here is the most surprising result,a respected former baathi of saddam era came first in Karbala ahead of the sectarian bigots.

Dark horse wins over one Iraqi city: Karbala

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/06/mid...aq.4-424631.php

Edited by Omar Khayyam
  • Veteran Member
But be careful ,a succesful democratic Iraq scares the neighbors and they will still try to export terrorism to Iraq,only a strong iraq ,with a strong army would prevent Iraq from such harm.

Mainly Saudi and Jordan and the gang leader in the neighborhood, the big monster, EGYPT!

• Veteran Member
someone ,i said all totalitarian and dictatorial regimes in the region....egypt,libya,yemen, saudi ,syria,iran and even israel included...,except Turkey.

: lol :

Omaro, by now we know your intentions of being on this forum. ;- ) And we know how to treat you well. I don't blame people like you to call Iran a totalitarian and dictatorial regime, I see people like you in the West recalling the time of Prophet Mohammad, and other Islamic rulers as such.

Also, Let me tell you one thing: Gone the time for Sunnification, Arabism-Barbarism, massacring of Shias or Kurds-Turkmens, and isolating Iraq from Shiism influences, and all such dreams... no wonder people like you keep dreaming of turning Iraq slowly to a state to prepare for the return of another Sunni Saddam and Baath party.

And yes, hopefully we'll see a strong and proud Iraq, the land where Islam was reborn. "From Karbala To Qods"

Someone ,this clerical regime as any other totalitarian regime will be changed in a way or other and I'm sure that the iranian mollahs will never attack Israel,i would be glad to be proved wrong and see these mollah missiles targeting Israel and eventually translate their slogans on the ground.

Edited by Omar Khayyam
  • Advanced Member
Dark horse wins over one Iraqi city: Karbala

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/06/mid...aq.4-424631.php

Yes that's truly shame for Al-Maliki and Al-Hakim both, the trend shows how frustrated are shias due to rule of these CIA collaborators.

The logic was that someone worth killing might be capable of battling corruption and entrenched interests.

Al-Hakim and Al-Maliki should think deeply how can a Karbalaei elect a Sunni Ba`athist over them!!! I believe anything which is delivered by State Department Agenda will continue to be rejected.

Here is the ground reality Why Al-Maliki, Al-Hakim lost power and Shi`iets trust:

It looks like this is our culture after 35 years of a totalitarian system that was the former regime.

Thousands of Shiites and Sunnis still believe that no one deserves to run this country except Saddam Hussein. Even some of my close relatives, who are Shiites, say they would prefer it if Saddam was still in control because he was strong.

They think everything that happened in the last few years happened because the country was deprived of his power. They don’t care about individual freedom and such things; they believe that to secure this country you must use power.

There is much talk about non-sectarian parties doing better in the election. But do not make a mistake: these sectarian feelings have not gone away.

Its my understanding the face of Saddam is gone but Iraqis love to be ruled by dictators and in fact a more severe Saddam Malouon will continue rule in the shape of Al-Allawi or Al-Maliki.

Lets hang Al-Maliki by the same rope through which Mehdi Militia hanged Saddam. That rope is sitting on the coffee-table of a well known shiiete businessman of Kuwait.

Edited by Montazer Al-Zaidie
  • Veteran Member
Someone ,this clerical regime as any other totalitarian regime will be changed in a way or other and I'm sure that the iranian mollahs will never attack Israel,i would be glad to be proved wrong and see these mollah missiles targeting Israel and eventually translate their slogans on the ground.

Yea, now you are stating the very same thing as those illiterate Saudi clerics or ignorant Arab nationalists MPs on their Western paid medias. "Why Iran is not attacking Israel?" lol

Why should Iran attack Israel? Where did Iran ever claimed to attack Israel? Yea, if Iran had all the possibilities Egypt has and were not helping each others, then I could blame Iran. But, when they had the possibilities they helped Lebanese through Syria and other means and that made many things impossible for Israeli domination in that side of the borders.

Yea, Iran will attack Israel and its interests and friends in the region if Iran is attacked by Israel, first. Then Iran has no option to avoid war and not send missiles to the heart of the state of Israel. It is stupid that Iran attack Israel for other incidents/reasons while Arab Shaikhs in Arabia having their barbeque and resting their fat asses while watching Syrian belly dances on their 48" flat screens.

A big question for people like you: "If Iran attacks Israel, will Saudi, Egypt, Jordan ..etc... will stand by Iran? Or Against Iran? Giving up their airports and lands to attack Iran or? Do you think if such war is going to happen, the European Union will be watching from the side? America will not get involved? Even atomic bomb is not going to be used against Iran?" Which forces will the Arabs side with? A Shia state Iran or the super power atomic states?

Yea, you bring the atomic Pakistan, and all Arab states beside Iran, and Iran will be the first one go ahead and attack, but make sure not to kill Iranians the same way you are killing your own Sunni brothers in Gaza.

We don't expect Saudis or Egyptians to send troops, we know even if they did they would be failed. Simply stop aiding your own enemies in achieving their goals, if these Arab puppets and the Arabs living under their rulings only issued such slogans as Iranian gov. and Iranian nation then the region would have been safe and honored. Slogans, cooperation, donations, and stand for justice will change everything, if your Arab brothers did the same as Iran.

Israel falls the same way the USSR or even the way Saddam was gone. Iran slogan was "death to Saddam" and we saw Iran never attacked Iraq, but Saddam and its barbarism is there no more.

We believe in God and we are sure that the oppressors will fall some times...

Do you believe in God?

• Advanced Member
Al-Hakim and Al-Maliki should think deeply how can a Karbalaei elect a Sunni Ba`athist over them!!! I believe anything which is delivered by State Department Agenda will continue to be rejected.

Here is the ground reality Why Al-Maliki, Al-Hakim lost power and Shi`iets trust:

Its my understanding the face of Saddam is gone but Iraqis love to be ruled by dictators and in fact a more severe Saddam Malouon will continue rule in the shape of Al-Allawi or Al-Maliki.

Lets hang Al-Maliki by the same rope through which Mehdi Militia hanged Saddam. That rope is sitting on the coffee-table of a well known shiiete businessman of Kuwait.

Show us proof that he is a Baathi and a Sunni, dont just thrw accusations here and there. Plus, we are a democratic country, we all should respect the choice of our people.

You can talk BS from now till whatever day you want but reality is different. Iraqis SHOWED how they DO TRUST Al-Maliki and the election results show enough.

Baathis, the days of Saddam are over.

BTW: Waiting for your ''proof''

• Advanced Member
Show us proof that he is a Baathi and a Sunni, dont just thrw accusations here and there. Plus, we are a democratic country, we all should respect the choice of our people.

You can talk BS from now till whatever day you want but reality is different. Iraqis SHOWED how they DO TRUST Al-Maliki and the election results show enough.

Baathis, the days of Saddam are over.

BTW: Waiting for your ''proof''

0206-for-IRAQ_RESULTS_WEB.jpg

Karbala

Yousef Majid al-Habboubi had none before. He has 13.3 % now.

Nothing is democratic until the last invading soldier leave AZ-Zubair border on back foot to Kuwait or buried in the white grave yard of Basra , if they refuse to follow Obama's Death Line of 16 months. The first day of Iraqi Democracy will start the day Baghdadi's will close /burn Invading United Shaytanic Army's embassy,bases, missions, interests, McDonald and Pizza Shops.

The Day SCIRI-Dawa will be able to re-unite , the day they will be able to regain the lost home ground and home crowd of Karbala and Najaf.

Source:

He is ex Shia Mayor of Karbala. It doesn't matter he is sunni/shia as long as he has anti-invasion agenda.

capt.f01e8ac768ee4ed0af7013b7999957f7.iraq_pilgrims_bag111.jpg

Thanks to my sister Iraqiah_Shiah who has rejected both Al-Maliki and Al-Hakim, Karabaies will do the justice to ALL. I hope , sooner or later people will stop the aggressive and expansionist power control agenda of Al-Maliki.

• Advanced Member

Karbala

Nothing is democratic until the last invading soldier leave AZ-Zubair border on back foot to Kuwait or buried in the white grave yard of Basra , if they refuse to follow Obama's Death Line of 16 months. The first day of Iraqi Democracy will start the day Baghdadi's will close /burn Invading United Shaytanic Army's embassy,bases, missions, interests, McDonald and Pizza Shops.

The Day ICSRI-Dawa will be able to re-unite , the day they will be able to regain the lost home ground and home crowd of Karbala and Najaf.

Source:

He is ex Shia Mayor of Karbala. It doesn't matter he is sunni/shia as long as he has anti-invasion agenda.

What do election results have to do with the proof. You accused someone of being Sunni and BAATHI (which is actually worse) and still you come with how he won. Where is the proof?

And with Baathi ya3ni blood of innocent Iraqis on his hand, not just ''baathi'' by name so he does not get killed. So I will wait for your proof.

BTW: Its not ICSRI but SCIRI

• Advanced Member
What do election results have to do with the proof. You accused someone of being Sunni and BAATHI (which is actually worse) and still you come with how he won. Where is the proof?

And with Baathi ya3ni blood of innocent Iraqis on his hand, not just ''baathi'' by name so he does not get killed. So I will wait for your proof.

BTW: Its not ICSRI but SCIRI

Click on the link " Source"

Iraqis will continue rejecting the SOFA in the next referendum and treaties like The Treaty of Utrecht that ended the War of the Spanish Succession (1701–1713).

• Advanced Member

I did and its still not proof for what you said.

You accused the man of being SUNNI and BAATHI and still no proof. So do you have proof that he actually has blood on his hands of innocent Iraqis during Saddams era and that he is SUNNI?

I will quote from the same article:

Sheik Ahmed Jabbar said that Habboubi had always maintained a strong reputation with the overwhelmingly Shiite population.

"He never caused problems for the people," Jabbar said, sitting in his office in central Karbala, sipping a can of orange soda while seated in front of an enlarged photo of Miami harbor.

Habboubi, though viewed as a secularist, is best known for creating four parks linking Karbala's holy shrines, often working on the project himself.

He bolstered his reputation during the invasion by returning to the firehouse where he once worked.

"He came here as a supervisor to take care of the employees and he never left his position," Hassan, the firefighter, said.

Born in Najaf, Habboubi worked in the 1970s at a local firehouse in Karbala and, even as he ascended the Baathist ranks, he maintained his reputation as a friend of the people.

"He sold his own car to help restore Ahmed bin Hashim shrine," recalled Muhammad Abdul Hassan, a firefighter in Karbala.

The same article is saying that he has a strong reputation and he never caused problems for the people of Karbala. He is even rebuilding our city. Where is the blood? Where are the lives of innocent Iraqis? Where is love for Saddam?

That he was a Baathi by name does not mean his did what the ''real'' Baathis did. Many Iraqi were registred as Baathis so they wouldnt get killed by Saddam's gang but that doesnt mean they were killing their fellow Iraqis.

I dont get it Montadher, if he really was a bad Baathi and he did what Saddam's gang was doing, why would Karbala2is vote for him?

Or is the hate for our elected gov. so deep Montadher?

I respect the choice of my fellow Iraqis and I hope that he will do a good job, InshAllah.

But since Habboubi had no list of candidates and can not fill all the seats he seemingly won, there is speculation that he may be negotiating with either the religious parties or Maliki's Dawa party to share power.

YAAY, that would be GREAT. Long live democracy and God Bless Iraq and its good people.

SO, Montadher. Any ''proofs''?

• Veteran Member

you pan-arab-iraqi-nationailsts would obviously take the infidels for your "friends and protectors", rather than shia brothers in Iran.

Hah, history shows some people havent changed!

• Advanced Member
I did and its still not proof for what you said.

You accused the man of being SUNNI and BAATHI and still no proof. So do you have proof that he actually has blood on his hands of innocent Iraqis during Saddams era and that he is SUNNI?

I will quote from the same article:

The same article is saying that he has a strong reputation and he never caused problems for the people of Karbala. He is even rebuilding our city. Where is the blood? Where are the lives of innocent Iraqis? Where is love for Saddam?

That he was a Baathi by name does not mean his did what the ''real'' Baathis did. Many Iraqi were registred as Baathis so they wouldnt get killed by Saddam's gang but that doesnt mean they were killing their fellow Iraqis.

I dont get it Montadher, if he really was a bad Baathi and he did what Saddam's gang was doing, why would Karbala2is vote for him?

Or is the hate for our elected gov. so deep Montadher?

I respect the choice of my fellow Iraqis and I hope that he will do a good job, InshAllah.

YAAY, that would be GREAT. Long live democracy and God Bless Iraq and its good people.

SO, Montadher. Any ''proofs''?

Sis don't go off-topic, I am saying why both SCIRI, DAWA thugs lost in the heartland of Shi'etes, why they preferred a sitting Bathist over Al-Hakim's Ammama & Al-Maliki's Lawness taifeh despite they ruled over Karbala.

• Advanced Member

I wonder if God is going to create a place in heaven called iraq and put all these iraq worshippers in it..

If i was iraqi i would be the last guy to have pride, news flash your country is a [Edited Out] hole, if it wasnt for karbala, qom and the oil iraq wouldnt be worth a dollar.

• Advanced Member
I wonder if God is going to create a place in heaven called iraq and put all these iraq worshippers in it..

If i was iraqi i would be the last guy to have pride, news flash your country is a [Edited Out] hole, if it wasnt for karbala, qom and the oil iraq wouldnt be worth a dollar.

Good job, you just offended 27+ million people!

Thats rubbish and you can say the same thing about EVERY country.

Iraq is more than just oil maybe not for you but it is for millions of Iraqis and non-Iraqis.

Iraq has a very rich history, the first civilizations, Babylon, Assyria, Sumeria. Iraq is the country of our Prophets(AS) and Imams (as) and you can go on.

No one is worshipping Iraq, every person has nationalism and loves his country. I dont know why we cant have the same feelings towards our country.

BTW: Qom? lol You mentioning Qom seriously show how you know nothing about Iraq. Qom is in Iran ;)

Go read about our history and you know why we do love our country and yes for us its worth everything.

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia
  • Advanced Member
Sis don't go off-topic, I am saying why both SCIRI, DAWA thugs lost in the heartland of Shi'etes, why they preferred a sitting Bathist over Al-Hakim's Ammama & Al-Maliki's Lawness taifeh despite they ruled over Karbala.

I did not go off-topic. I was just showing you how your ''proof'' was mentioning good things about Habboubi. And now again you accuse the guy of being a Batho without having any proof for it. So again, Montadher, where is your proof that Habboubi has blood on his hand of innocent Iraqis and that he is Sunni? You can just come here and accuse people of being such and such!

I dont know actually why they choosed him over other parties. Maybe you should visit Karbala and ask them lol? But seriously I think thats why democracy is indeed great. Maybe they saw how a good person he is. Re-read your article and re-read my previous post, its mentioning how he has always been a good person of the Karbala2is ya3ni he is known in Karbala. Its not about him or Da3wa or any other party, the most important thing is that he loves Iraq and want to work for its people.

Ya3ni, we will just wait for you to proof how he is Baathi and Sunni :)

About Habboubi ,despite his political identity,he was born in a religious shia hashemite familly of Najaf.

True. I heard this several times. He is from a Hashemite family which means he is Sayyid. Habboubi(his family name) is known in Iraq for being Sada.

• Advanced Member
3/4th (Three Quarters) of 57000 Shia Chat members love Iraq and want to work /serve Iraq, Iraqis, will they elect Monthaders, Maythems and Moqtadas to represent them in Parliament?

If the Iraqis CHOOSE them thus VOTE for them democratically then YES. If the Iraqis choose Montadher to represent them in the Iraqi parliament then we should respect their choice. Just like we should respect the choice of the Karbala2is here ;)

Funny how you took just a quote from a whole post and funny how you changed the whole thing. Motadher I will ask you AGAIN to give us proof for your accusations. Where is your proof that Habboubi is a Baathi thus has blood on his hands and that he is Sunni?

If you dont have proof say so but next time dont just throw accusations at people you know nothing about!

So, again I will just wait for your ''proof''

Salams.

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia
  • Advanced Member

Karbala

The Day SCIRI-Dawa will be able to re-unite , the day they will be able to regain the lost home ground and home crowd of Karbala and Najaf.

Source:

capt.f01e8ac768ee4ed0af7013b7999957f7.iraq_pilgrims_bag111.jpg

Thanks to my sister Iraqiah_Shiah who has rejected both Al-Maliki and Al-Hakim, Karabaies will do the justice to ALL. I hope , sooner or later people will stop the aggressive and expansionist power control agenda of Al-Maliki.

I have already replied, truth of the day is Karabala didn't produce any single leader from DAWA/SCIRI to whom they should vote, they thought instead of wasting the vote on corrupted candidates, better elect former Ba`athists. I gave you practical examples if its possible Iraqis love and prefer the return of Saddam's rule again.

Please note again and think deeply:

Yes that's truly shame for Al-Maliki and Al-Hakim both, the trend shows how frustrated are shias due to rule of these CIA collaborators.

The logic was that someone worth killing might be capable of battling corruption and entrenched interests.

Al-Hakim and Al-Maliki should think deeply how can a Karbalaei elect a Sunni or Shi`iete Ba`athist over them!!! I believe anything which is delivered by State Department Agenda will continue to be rejected.

It looks like this is our culture after 35 years of a totalitarian system that was the former regime.

Thousands of Shiites and Sunnis still believe that no one deserves to run this country except Saddam Hussein. Even some of my close relatives, who are Shiites, say they would prefer it if Saddam was still in control because he was strong.

They think everything that happened in the last few years happened because the country was deprived of his power. They don’t care about individual freedom and such things; they believe that to secure this country you must use power.

There is much talk about non-sectarian parties doing better in the election. But do not make a mistake: these sectarian feelings have not gone away.

If the Iraqis CHOOSE them thus VOTE for them democratically then YES. If the Iraqis choose Montadher to represent them in the Iraqi parliament then we should respect their choice. Just like we should respect the choice of the Karbala2is here ;)

Funny how you took just a quote from a whole post and funny how you changed the whole thing. Motadher I will ask you AGAIN to give us proof for your accusations. Where is your proof that Habboubi is a Baathi thus has blood on his hands and that he is Sunni?

If you dont have proof say so but next time dont just throw accusations at people you know nothing about!

So, again I will just wait for your ''proof''

Salams.

I think this fellow is trying to be "super spamer". He has also posted some posts he doesn't understand.

Peace

Satyaban