Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dr Soroush

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

I heard a description of religion from him that I believe is the most perfect description of religion. he said religion is nothing but series of its interpretation. This description can explain the extreme diversity of religion and mazhabs in each.

You can find his articles in www.drsoroush.com

What do you think???

• Advanced Member

He, like many other "intellectuals" are known only because he was a troublemaker and thus appreciated by the West for speaking against Islamic Republic. That is how he is famous now.

Actually i cannot think of any Iranian intellectual that was for the Islamic Republic ever getting any form of media attention this man has. This includes Rahimpour Azghadi, who is a far bigger heavy weight, much smarter with broader knowledge and much more famous in Iran.

Unfortunately, they never invite him as a visiting scholar anywhere lol.

He, like many other "intellectuals" are known only because he was a troublemaker and thus appreciated by the West for speaking against Islamic Republic. That is how he is famous now.

Actually i cannot think of any Iranian intellectual that was for the Islamic Republic ever getting any form of media attention this man has. This includes Rahimpour Azghadi, who is a far bigger heavy weight, much smarter with broader knowledge and much more famous in Iran.

Unfortunately, they never invite him as a visiting scholar anywhere lol.

If these intellectuals want the world to know them, they must have their writings translated and put on the internet.

• Advanced Member

Actually He does not actually rejects Islamic republic since he was part of it for a long time and knew Grand Ayatollah Khomeini. He like many other scholars reject the extreme corruption of the regime and going against the very essence of the revolution which was esteghlal (disallowing foreign intervention), Azadi (freedom, specially political freedom and freedom of speech) and jomhurie islamy (democratic Islam). He actually is by all mean a very moderate person far beyond some of the ayatollahs which speech against the Iranian regime.

except judging him with an article you read once upon the time go to the website I enclosed above to because there are heaps of article all about him in it. And he is most know in Iranian and Muslim communities more then western community.

• Advanced Member
Actually He does not actually rejects Islamic republic since he was part of it for a long time and knew Grand Ayatollah Khomeini. He like many other scholars reject the extreme corruption of the regime and going against the very essence of the revolution which was esteghlal (disallowing foreign intervention), Azadi (freedom, specially political freedom and freedom of speech) and jomhurie islamy (democratic Islam). He actually is by all mean a very moderate person far beyond some of the ayatollahs which speech against the Iranian regime. except judging him with an article you read once upon the time go to the website I enclosed above to because there are heaps of article all about him in it. And he is most know in Iranian and Muslim communities more then western community.

Shoari, I am Iranian and I know what kind of role he is playing for the Americans like many of the Iranian intellectual elites. Actually he did not "Know Grand Ayatollah Khomeini" more than Azghadi did. That statement was just to give him credibility among foreign circles which can openly use him against Iran. (In fact, Azghadi is constantly invited and travels throughout the world for his speeches and they are on television every friday, he is widely respected by just about everyone in Iranian society) and most importantly of all he is not decorated as a puppet simply because he denies foreign intervention and cultural hegemony.

Actually us Iranians here know some of Abbasi's speeches he is talking directly about Soroush and how they (America) constantly decorates them with prizes among others like Shirin Ebadi to propagandize for regime change under the guise of freedom of speech, human rights etc. The only reason these people are surprisingly all "translated into english" (even though they have no international agenda, they usually talk about domestic issues) is because they want support (financial and political) from the very superpowers that want to keep Iran as a crumb on their table.