Sign in to follow this  
Hassan kachal

Good companions

Rate this topic

Dunno if this has been done but i thought I would start a topic which lists the good companions.

Lemme start with three obvious ones...

Ammar ibn Yasir

Bilal

Salman Farsi

I wouldn't say Bilal was a good companion in Shiaism because some Shia ( malangs ) send tabbara ( cursing ) on him

I wouldn't say Bilal was a good companion in Shiaism because some Shia ( malangs ) send tabbara ( cursing ) on him

I wouldnt say malangs represented shias in any way shape or form.

In fact some shias claim it was Bilal who first said Aliyun WaliyAllah in the Adhan so that is why I included him.

Note some of these are taken from wikipedia and need confirmation, shame on those who say shias dont follow sahaba because you see we have different criteria of who the sahaba are.

Ja'far ibn Abu Talib Ali's brother.

Abdullah ibn Ja'far Zainab bint Ali's husband.

Harith ibn Abd al-Muttalib An uncle of Muhammad

Obaidah ibn al-Harith was the first Muslim to be killed in battle. He was a cousin of Muhammad and Ali, and he was the first Martyr of the Battle of Badr.

Abu Talib ibn Abd al-Muttalib is in contrast to Sunnis considered Muslim by Shias, arguing that Ali inherited him which would be forbidden if he where an unbeliever.

Aminah bint Wahab was the mother of Muhammad and an aunt of Ali, she died before Muahmmad's call to Islam

Fatima bint Asad Aunt of Muhammad and the mother of Ali

Fatima bint Hizam married Ali and gave him four sons that were martyred at the Battle of Karbala, not to be confused with Ali's first wife Fatima bint Muhammad

Salman the Persian gave Muhammad the idea to dig the trench. He, like the other, did not supposedly give allegiance to Abu Bakr

Bilal ibn Ribah Abu Dharr Ghifari is called by Muhammed as "the most truthful man between heaven and earth".

Abdullah ibn Abbas was a staunch follower of Ali. Did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so. Accompanied Ali when he demanded his inheritance from Umar and sought very badly of Umar and Abu Bakr. Convinced 20'000 of the 24'000 Khawarij to return to Ali.[1].

Malik ibn Ashter was Ali's general when he came close to killing Muawiya, then became his governor, has long and beautiful letter addressed to him in Nahj ul-Balagha in which Ali gives guidance in how to uphold a government. That letter was referred to in the United Nations as an advice to Arabs.

Ammar ibn Yasir was killed by Muawiyas army in the Battle of Siffin when he was 90 years old, as predicted by Muhammad.

Hamza ibn 'Abd al-Muttalib an uncle of Muhammad an Ali, had his body desecrated in the battle of Uhud by Hind binte Utbah

Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr was Abu Bakr's son and a great companion of Ali. He was chosen to govern Egypt.

Umm Kulthum bint Ali daughter of Ali and Fatima, was taken to Yazids palace after the Battle of Karbala.

Zaynab bint Ali eldest daughter of Ali and Fatima was taken to Yazids palace after the Battle of Karbala.

Khabbab ibn al-Aratt was a great role model in life.

Akib ibn Usaid was the first governor of Makkah.

Aqeel ibn Abi Talib a brother of Ali and cousin of Muhammad

Talib ibn Abi Talib a brother of Ali and cousin of Muhammad

Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib an uncle of Muhammad and Ali

Asma bint Umais a widow of Abu Bakr, who later married Ali

Miqdad ibn al-Aswad al-Kindi

Zaid ibn Arqam Sa'ad ibn Mu'adh

'Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abi Bakr

Zaid mawla Muhammad was the freed slave of Muahmamd and the father of Usama ibn Zaid.

Usama ibn Zaid

Ubaidullah bin Abdullah retold the event of the pen and paper as he heard from Ibn Abbas.

Lubaynah accepted Islam

Fazl ibn Abbas A cousin of Muhammad and Ali, he did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Khalid ibn Sa'id ibn al-As He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Buraida Aslami He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Ubai ibn Ka'b He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Khuzaima ibn Thabit Dhu'sh-Shahadatain He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Abu'l-Hathama Bin Tihan He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Sahl ibn Hunaif He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Uthman ibn Hunaif Dhu'sh-Shahadatain He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Abu Ayub Ansari He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Jabir Ibn Abdullah Ansari He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Hudhaifa ibn Yaman He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Sa'd ibn Ubaida He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Qais ibn Sa'd He did not give allegiance to Abu Bakr, until Ali supposedly did so.

Malik ibn Nuwayra

Arwa bint Abd al-Muttalib was one of the meritorious women.

Other also include:

Zayd ibn Harithah

Uthman ibn Maz'un

Mus`ab ibn `Umair

Ja'far ibn Abi Talib

Ruqayya bint Muhammad

Umm Kulthum bint Muhammad

Fatima bint al-Khattab

Sumayya bint Khubbat

Asma bint 'Umays

Umm Ayman

Bashir ibn Sa'd Abu'n-Nu'man ibn Tha'labah al-Ansari al-Khazraji

an-Nu'man ibn Bashir

Bilal ibn al-Harith ibn 'Asim ibn Sa'id ibn Qurrah ibn Khaladah ibn Tha'labah Abu 'Abd ar-Rahman al-Mazani

Muzaynah

Abu Fakih

Safwan ibn Umayyah

Khabbab ref, 2

Fatimah bint al-Khattab

Sa'id ibn Zayd

Al-Nahdiah

Umm Ubays

Zinnira

Ammar

Abu Fuhayra

Asma bint Abu Bakr

Uthman Abu Qahafa

Salma Umm-ul-Khair

Abd Allah ibn Mas'ud

Umm Shareek

Ammar ref

Sumaiyya ref

Yasir ref

Suhaib ref

Ikrimah ibn Abu Jahl

Umm Hakim, Ikrimah’s wife

Nayla bint Farasa was Uthman's wife

Umm Kulthum binte Uqba ibn Abi Mayyath - divorced wife of Amr ibn al-As

Abdullah ibn Jahsh

Abdullah ibn Sailam

Abdullah ibn Umar

Abdullah ibn Umm Maktum

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari

Nufay ibn al-Harith aka Abu Bakrah (is by the way among the Fuqaha and Ahl al-Fatwa of the Companions in whose time *extremely few of whom* )

Nafi ibn al-Harith ibn Kalada al-Thaqafi (Abu Bakrah's half-brother)

Saffiyah bint ‘Abd al-Muttalib, Muhammads aunt.

Abu Sufyan ibn al-Harith

Rabi'ah ibn al-Harith

Samra ibn Jundab

Abdullah ibn Zama (ref)

Abu Obaida bin al-Jarrah the gravedigger that was with Umar and Abu Bakr the shed of Banu Sa'ad

Sa'ad ibn Al-Rabee

Hisham ibn Al-Aas

Hakim ibn Hazm

Ibn Mandah's book "Those of the Companions Who Lived 120 years.":

They are fourteen:

1. Hakim ibn Hizam (d. 54, Madina)

2. `Asim ibn `Adi al-Badri

3. Huwaytib ibn `Abd al-`Uzza

4. Sa`d ibn Iyas al-Shaybani

5. Makhrama ibn Nawfal

6. Sa`id ibn Yarbu`

7. Sa`d ibn Junada al-`Awfi al-Ansari

8. HASSAN IBN THABIT,

9. Abu `Umara `Abd Khayr ibn Yazid

10. Hamnan ibn `Awf

11. al-Muntaji`al-Najdi

12. Nafi` Abu Sulayman al-`Abdi

13. al-Lajlaj

14. Abu Shaddad al-`Umani

[edit] Part 3

Amr ibn Jamooh

Hind the wife of Amr

Muawwaz ibn Amr

Muaaz ibn Amr

Khallad ibn Amr

Mus`ab ibn `Umair

Abdulla Jahsh

Safwan ibn Umayah, the son of Bilals former master.

Umayr ibn Wahb al-Jumahi

Khubayb ibn Adiy

Said ibn Amir Al Jumahi (se link in Khubayb ibn Adiy)

Yasir ibn Amir, father of ammar.

Sumayyah bint Khabbab, mother of ammar.

Abu Hudhaifah ibn al-Mughirah master of ammar.

Zayd ibn al-Khattab, Umars brother

Salim mawla Abu Hudaifa the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifah Ibn `Utbah

Abu Hudaifah ibn Utbah

Sahla bint Suhail Ibn Amr, Abu Hudhaifah ibn Utbah'a wife

Muhammad ibn Ja'far

Mughira ibn Shu'ba

Abbad ibn Bishr

Suhayl ibn Amr

Abd-Ya-Layl ibn Amr

Uthman ibn Abu-al-Aas

At-Tufayl ibn Amr ad-Dawsi

X bint al-Walid ibn al-Mughira

Malik al-Dar

Ubay Ibn Ka'ab (who based on authentic Sunni sources the Prophet ordered the companions to trust him in the matter of Quran as one of the three trustee persons in this regard. See Sahih al-Bukhari, English, vol. 6, Tradition #521)

Salma bint Umays, Hamzas wife.

Wahshy ibn harb killed Hamza

Anas ibn al-Nadr died in the battle of Uhud [2]

Abu Dujana defended Muhamamd in the battle of Uhud [3]

Husayl ibn Jabir Abu Hudhayfah, killed by Muslims in the battle of Uhud [4]

Umm Ammarra Ansariyya defended Muhammad in the battle of Uhud [5]

Khunais bin Hudhaifa Hafsa's husband.

Masaab ibn Umayr

Shams ibn Uthman

Hatib ibn Abu Baitah was sent with a letter to Muqawqis.

Mugheera ibn Shuba

Abu Ubaidah - the third one in Saqifah.

Abu-Musa al-Asha'ari - was Ali's unchosen advocate during the arbitration with Muawiya

Abu-Sa'id al-Khudri - narrated that God can be seen

Abd-Allah ibn Rawahah

Umm Kulthum binte Uqba

Habibah bint Ubayd-Allah

Muadh ibn Jabal

Kumayl ibn Ziyad

Urwah ibn Mas'u

Fadl ibn Abbas

Abu Ayyub al-Ansari

Kumayl ibn Ziyad

Kinanah ibn Rabi - Sahaba?

Habibah binte Ubayd-Allah

Saffiyah bint ‘Abd al-Muttalib

Al-Ala'a Al-Hadrami

Abd-Allah ibn Abd-al-Asad

Khuzaima ibn Thabit Ansari [6]

Suhaib ibn Sinaan [7]

Arwa binte al-Harith

Hisham ibn al-A'as

Hassan ibn Thabit

Umayr ibn Sad al-Ansari

Abd-Allah ibn Umm-Maktum

Uqbah ibn Aamir

Abu al-Aas ibn al-Rabiah

Abd-Allah ibn Sailam

Abu al-Dardaa

Amr ibn al-Jamuh

Al-Nuayman ibn Amr

Fayruz al-Daylami

Muhammad ibn Maslamah

Abd-Allah ibn Ubaiy

Abdullah ibn Hudhafah as-Sahmi

Abdullah ibn Sailam

Abu Dujana

An-Numan ibn Muqarrin

Ashaab

Bashir ibn Sa'ad

Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman

Julaybib

Malik Bin Deenar

Muhammad Ibn Maslamah

Qatadah

Sa'ad ibn Al-Rabee

Said ibn Aamir al-Jumahi

Suhayb ar-Rumi

Utbah ibn Ghazwan

Wahb ibn Abd Manaf

Halima Sadia

Note some of these are taken from wikipedia and need confirmation, shame on those who say shias dont follow sahaba because you see we have different criteria of who the sahaba are.

Wahshy ibn harb killed Hamza

Husayl ibn Jabir Abu Hudhayfah, killed by Muslims in the battle of Uhud [4]

Abu-Musa al-Asha'ari - was Ali's unchosen advocate during the arbitration with Muawiya

Abu-Sa'id al-Khudri - narrated that God can be seen

Agreed we DO love the sahaba. Good list but i have a few questions on the few i have highlighted...

Did the man who killed Hamza later on become a good muslim and righteous companion?

How was Husayl a companion if he was killed by muslims?

What is an 'unchosen advocate'?

How can someone, who says God the Most High can be seen, be a good muslim? Is he not just an anthropomorphist? Is this not Shirk?

Agreed we DO love the sahaba. Good list but i have a few questions on the few i have highlighted...

Did the man who killed Hamza later on become a good muslim and righteous companion?

How can someone, who says God the Most High can be seen, be a good muslim? Is he not just an anthropomorphist? Is this not Shirk?

I think Wahshy became Muslim in the Prophet's time, and was forgiven for his killing of Hamza. Maybe I'm wrong here, but he might also have been the one who killed the false prophet Musaylimah.

Unchosen advocate = when Imam Ali's forces wanted arbitration they chose him (Abu Musa) to meet with Muawiyah's representative (Amr al-As), and this man wasn't Imam Ali's choice as he knew he would basically be easily manipulated,

(salam)

with my limited knowledge i can help you out with this question,

Abu-Musa al-Asha'ari was the arbitrator( 'unchosen advocate')representing imam Alis AS army after the battle of saffin.... the dissenting kharijites wanted to choose Abu-Musa who was the former governer of kuffa but deposed by imam Ali because of his disloyalty(not supporting imam Ali in battle of jamal). while imam ALIAS wanted his brave & loyal friend malik-al-ashtar to lead the arbitration, the dissent of the kharijites however made this impposible for imam Ali... that is why hes called unchosen advocate, eventually the arbitrator of muawiyah LA (none other than the evil Amr b Aas LA) made a mokery of the naive abu Musa al-ashari... & duped him.

WHY hes listed as good sahaba i dont know?????????

I think Wahshy became Muslim in the Prophet's time, and was forgiven for his killing of Hamza. Maybe I'm wrong here, but he might also have been the one who killed the false prophet Musaylimah.

Unchosen advocate = when Imam Ali's forces wanted arbitration they chose him (Abu Musa) to meet with Muawiyah's representative (Amr al-As), and this man wasn't Imam Ali's choice as he knew he would basically be easily manipulated,

(salam)

with my limited knowledge i can help you out with this question,

Abu-Musa al-Asha'ari was the arbitrator( 'unchosen advocate')representing imam Alis AS army after the battle of saffin.... the dissenting kharijites wanted to choose Abu-Musa who was the former governer of kuffa but deposed by imam Ali because of his disloyalty(not supporting imam Ali in battle of jamal). while imam ALIAS wanted his brave & loyal friend malik-al-ashtar to lead the arbitration, the dissent of the kharijites however made this impposible for imam Ali... that is why hes called unchosen advocate, eventually the arbitrator of muawiyah LA (none other than the evil Amr b Aas LA) made a mokery of the naive abu Musa al-ashari... & duped him.

WHY hes listed as good sahaba i dont know?????????

thanks brothers

salam,

i know im not quoting reference but somebody asked prophet pbuh who would enter heaven first?prophet pbuh replied hazrat bilal (ra).the companions asked further how is this so?

prophet further said i will enter heaven sitting on a camel (prophets own personal camel which he had in this world) and hazrat bilal (ra) will be holding the camel from the ropes and his feet will surpass the gates and into heaven before me. hazrat bilal (ra) was that sahabi which suffered the most under the torture of the quraish,and that sahabi which after returning to medina hazrat hassan asked him to recite the adhaan as he was the first muadhin(caller to prayer) of islam.

hazrat bilal got onto the pulpit and reciting teh adhaan that tears flew down on his cheeks because he loved and missed prophet pbuh so much and the people also cried because he had stoped giving the adhaan once the prophet pbuh had passed away. people in rememberance of the old days cried alot....when hazrat bilal (ra) got to the words ashadu anna....after the word "muhammad" hazrat bilals (ra) soul left his body and he passed away.

how much proof do you shias need that there were also companions who also loved teh prophet pbuh?

i will also put down:

1) hazrat abu bakar (ra)

2) hazrat umar (ra)

3) hazrat usman (ra)

4) hazrat khalid bin waleed (ra)

because i know that no shia will.

waslam

salam,

Allah (swt) can be seen because prophet pbuh saw Allah swt on the event of miraaj-ul-nabi (the ascencsion to the heavens).

please read 27th chapter surah najam

"they were so close that there was only a distance of 2 hands between them" and

" there is no doubt which prophet pbuh saw" and

"why do you argue what prophet pbuh saw or not"? this was when prophet pbuh saw Allah swt the almighty the quraish questioned this.

but not everybody can see him only realy high people.also on judgement day all the muslims and kafir will see Allah swt.

waslam

salam,

Allah (swt) can be seen because prophet pbuh saw Allah swt on the event of miraaj-ul-nabi (the ascencsion to the heavens).

please read 27th chapter surah najam

"they were so close that there was only a distance of 2 hands between them" and

" there is no doubt which prophet pbuh saw" and

"why do you argue what prophet pbuh saw or not"? this was when prophet pbuh saw Allah swt the almighty the quraish questioned this.

but not everybody can see him only realy high people.also on judgement day all the muslims and kafir will see Allah swt.

waslam

not all this again!

nice list ,

but jut to list a few things

hassan b thabit a good companion from shiite perspective ? uthmanid

abdullah b salam ? uthmanid

samura b jundab ? pro-muawiyah

abdullah b ubaiy ? hypocrite

aqil b abitalib ? pro-muawiyah

Like Abu Bakr and Umer???

offcourse these 2 , but not uthman ...is there any doubt ?

Edited by Panzerwaffe

sorry for that bro who worte why we did not inculde

1) hazrat abu bakar

2) hazrat umar

3) hazrat usman

4) hazrat khalid bin waleed

we would inculde him if they did not go against holy prophet and hazart ali and alhbat a.s

and may u bro remember what hazart umer said to holy prophet at last moment of his life

so after that happend some one think he is good companion what i say about him