Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What unifies a people?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Okay so I got in a debate with two people I said that the middle east wont or will have a very hard time unifying because they all have or share different ideas and or beliefs, the other two felt that the United States were unified because of technology and one of my friends gave the example of TV being used as a source of propaganda and now Arabs can share that technology. But isn't not only the use of the TV as your propaganda tool and the information being presented threw the TV based on a belief and or idea? First of all how was the TV even created? Then how did the powers that be come to the conclusion to use the TV as their propaganda tool? They were unified on a....belief

Were the people that participated in the Civil rights movement unified on a belief that all people were created evil thus should all benefit from equal rights, or were they unified by television sets and radios?

What do you all think am I wrong? Am I just not getting what these two people are talking about?

• Advanced Member

Ignore my first post because there was some information that I left out or I made mistakes with for example "all men were created evil" lets try this again

Okay so I got in a debate with two people I said that the middle east wont or will have a very hard time unifying because they all have or share different ideas and or beliefs, the other two felt that the United States were unified not because of beliefs but because of technology and one of my friends gave the example of TV being used as a source of propaganda and now Arabs can share that technology which will then unify them. But isn't not only the use of the TV as a propaganda tool and the information being presented threw the TV based on a belief and or idea shared by the powers that be? First of all how was the TV even created? Then how did the powers that be come to the conclusion to use the TV as their propaganda tool verses another tool like radio or print? They were unified on a....belief/idea

Were the people that participated in the Civil rights movement unified on a belief that all people were created equal thus should all benefit from equal rights, or were they unified by television sets and radios? LOL this last question sounds so dumb to me but anyways I'm trying not to influence anyone's opinion on this topic so I'll leave it at that.

What do you all think am I wrong? Am I just not getting what these two people are talking about?

Beliefs and Ideas unite as well as divide people. And without ideas there is no technology.

Exactly

Edited by abdullah218
  • Forum Administrators

(salam)

Needs. Needs unite people.

If you and I both need to acquire or get rid of something, then we will unite to do so.

For example, if we both needed a way to find food for our family, then person A and person B would work together towards that common goal, to feed themselves and their loved ones. If we both 'needed' to take down an oppressive government or ruler for two different reasons, then we would 'unite' to remove the figure.

If we could both fulfill a certain need or vision together, then your personal beliefs would not matter.

Edited by Qa'im
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

Needs. Needs unite people.

If you and I both need to acquire or get rid of something, then we will unite to do so.

For example, if we both needed a way to find food for our family, then person A and person B would work together towards that common goal, to feed themselves and their loved ones. If we both 'needed' to take down an oppressive government or ruler for two different reasons, then we would 'unite' to remove the figure.

If we could both fulfill a certain need or vision together, then your personal beliefs would not matter.

But for you and I to come to an agreement on that need whatever the need is, this is in fact a belief in that specific need. For example, people or say I who works for the state and gets paid by the state I will vote Democratic because Democrats are about State and Federal funding for jobs whereas Republicans are about cutting government spending which takes away government jobs. With that said my need is to get paid or have a job obviously, so since Democrats believe in government spending, I am going to vote Democrat so I can have my needs fulfilled because of their belief in Government spending. So we are unified on a belief on how to obtain that need. Or a government party has a need to govern their country, but the party is unified based on their belief not a need if it were needs then there would be no Democrats or Republicans just one party.