Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

please reply as as poossible

Rate this topic

Salam

Sure she can read Shia books to learn about the Shia, but i would recommend Peshawar Nights if shes interested in seeing the difference in beliefs and misconceptions about Shia. I think she should read the book i recommended before the rest, you can find it on al-islam.org if u search it.

Wasalam.

Edited by 3ashiqat-Al-Batoul
  • Advanced Member

yea thats the first book came in my mind but she doesnt wanna read it she said shhe's not interested in munaziret she already knows shia's authenticx books and she 's going to read it i just want to know thhat if these books are a good source for sunnis

i cant stop her from reading it ofcourse its upto her

so let me kknowwwwwwwwwww

Salam

If your friend wants to learn about Shia beliefs, reading hadith books wont help her, as the majority of us follow maraji' who determine which ahadith are authentic and which aren't, aka not all the rulings in the books are going to be correct. Also fiqh is only 1 of 3 parts of Shiasm, as we are very different than Sunnis in that we are largely into spirituality rather then our religion being a religion of rules that we follow in our life and that's it...

So honestly, if she wants to learn about us she should find books by scholars who talk about the Shia and who we are, our general beliefs like imamat, and the ghayba, etc.

Wasalam.

• Advanced Member
Salaam

I wouldn't suggest Usool al Kafi or the other ahadeeth books unless she is able to distinguish which are Sahih, hasan, dhaif, etc.

Peshawar Nights and al-Muraj'at

walaikum assalam

well she is sunni ofcourse and how wud she know the difference she has studied from madressa i have no idea

and if usool e kafi is written by a shia writerwhy would it contain zaef hadith in it???

i havent read the whole book myselff i dont know what to tell her

she doesnt wanna read munaziara but you guys are keep on suggesting me books of munazira :S

why cant she read any book other thn munazira

and why noone has said anything about these shia books that i mentioned in my first posttt

i need to have reason inorder to stop her from reading the books she is gonna read

usool e kafi

tahreer waseela

hukumatul islamia

she has said these books are written by our famous writerss

when you guys hav time to read and understand the whole post then reply me

thanksss

• Veteran Member
usool e kafi

tahreer waseela

hukumatul islamia

the first has many weak and even fabricated narrations. she mentions alamah majlisi, say even he said about 65% of al kafi's narrations were weak.

the second is the risalah of ayatullah khomeini.

the third is a book by ayatullah khomeini regarding wilayat al faqih

tell her to read nahjul balagah, sahifah sajjadiya books by ayatullah mutahari etc...

• Advanced Member
the first has many weak and even fabricated narrations. she mentions alamah majlisi, say even he said about 65% of al kafi's narrations were weak.

the second is the risalah of ayatullah khomeini.

the third is a book by ayatullah khomeini regarding wilayat al faqih

tell her to read nahjul balagah, sahifah sajjadiya books by ayatullah mutahari etc...

ok finally i m getting some responsee

so you are saying that the 3 books i have mentioned contain weak ahadeeth? ryte??

so ok i ll suggest her to read nahjul balgah and the other one u mentioned but

could u please suggest me other authentic books that wud b good for a sunni minded person to read???

other than munzaira books as she is not interestedd in it

thanks

• Advanced Member

ok thanks so in ur opinionwhat should i tell her?

cuz she didnt ask me abt these books she just said these are famous books and she is going to read it to compare shism with sunnism

i suggested her peshawer nights shesaid she is not interested in munazira pllus i suggested her nahjul balagah but she said ite her hobby to read books so after she is done with these 3 she's gonna read nahjul balgah as well

so do u think its fyne this way???

• Veteran Member
ok finally i m getting some responsee

so you are saying that the 3 books i have mentioned contain weak ahadeeth? ryte??

so ok i ll suggest her to read nahjul balgah and the other one u mentioned but

could u please suggest me other authentic books that wud b good for a sunni minded person to read???

other than munzaira books as she is not interestedd in it

thanks

no only al kafi has weak narrations the other two are not hadith books. lol and if she plans to read it give her a few years to complete it. how about adl-e-ilahi by shaykh mutahari?

btw i think she mentioned these books to you because anti shia websites/books bring the up a lot.

• Advanced Member
no only al kafi has weak narrations the other two are not hadith books. lol and if she plans to read it give her a few years to complete it. how about adl-e-ilahi by shaykh mutahari?

btw i think she mentioned these books to you because anti shia websites/books bring the up a lot.

u know thats the only reason i was worried aboutt as she must have got to know abt these books thru anti shia webs or anti shia ppl dunno

and so i wanted to make sure that these books wud b a good start for her as i kinda pushed her to know abt shiaasm

i myself as u can see is nt very into reading books whtever info i posses is wht i hear in majalisis or online but nt the whole book itselff

so yeahh i m gonna let her know den abt usool e kafi that it has weak ahadeeth

and i tihnk nahajul balagah wud b a gud start for her ryte??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

salam,

no peshawar nights is just propoganda material same as that of sheikh tijanis then i was guided,have you seen the input in there by the sunni in that book??its amazing coincidence that the sunni sets up all the right questions for the shia to answer lol

actually give it to her maybe she may see right through the lies lol

waslam

• Advanced Member
salam,

no peshawar nights is just propoganda material same as that of sheikh tijanis then i was guided,have you seen the input in there by the sunni in that book??its amazing coincidence that the sunni sets up all the right questions for the shia to answer lol

actually give it to her maybe she may see right through the lies lol

waslam

what i think is funny is the fact that sunni CLAIM that this book event never happned ,,and stupidely attack the questiosn and answers to these questiosn in the book

but they can not CAN NOT refute THE

1- ANSWERS GIVEN IN THSI BOOK

2-SOURCES GIVEN IN THSI BOOK

3-FACTS IN HISTORY PROVEN BY HADITHS AND KORNA IN THIS BOOK.

sunni that attacked thsi book made a propaganda of the attack not the actual contenst of teh book

I dared and challenged so did some shia in this forum and others to disect it ,,,no sunni was up to stop blabbering about it and do some real discusiion

dear op ,,,give your friend thsi website and she can get her pick of books

on shia ,,on shia in sunni books

and 100 others .

http://www.al-islam.org/

what she will find is divided into more links on :

1-Introducing the Ahlul Bayt

Find out who the members of the Prophet's Household are and why they are special.

2-Unity between Shi'a and Sunni

United they stand! Discover the common basis that allows unity between these branches of Islam.

3-Shi'i Beliefs Explained

Rational, well-evidenced, but sometimes misunderstood; the Shi'a explain their beliefs.

4-Debates and Discussions

Polite, logical, fiery, passionate; they are all here!

5-Responses to Misconceptions

Often the victims of ignorant or malignant propaganda, the Shi'a respond with their defence.

Why they became Shi'a

6-Find out more about those who decide to become Shi'a and what motivates them to do so.

7- Resources for Further Research

A selection of resources for those interested in delving deeper and exploring further.