Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Advocate of Islam

shia hoodies on ebay

Rate this topic

Nice Hoodys! Although not 2 sure about where Imam Hussain's (as) name on one's back... wont that be disrespectful??

Also,

just found this on ebay - Looks Gangsta! Although its for mens,,, MDM im sure u'd like it?! :P

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Imam-Ali-Sword-Ring-...A1%7C240%3A1318

The seller also ha few other bits n pieces as wel

ASTAKHFIRULLAH LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAHE HIL ALI-UL AZEEM...

Just came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2759.l1259

I have messaged the seller to take this item off and that the label "dog tag" is highly disgusting n disrespectful... I urge all members to bombard this person n report the i tem until he takes it off!!

Just got a response from the Hazrat Ali Asghar (as) one ....

Brother or sister,

Thank you for your comment. I am myself am a 12er Imami Shia. I have B.A. in Islamic studies from a specially established Shia university. So, I give all my respect to our Imams.

The problem is in the English language. While the name for these & other items related to these things is nothing bad in the Persian & Arabic languages, the word used in English seems a little unrespectful.

It is clear that such shap & metal with the chain is called dog tag in English. I cannot change the word as peoples making searches can only understand this word in their searches. Otherwise, listing them is useless.

Even in military these meatls & chain is called dog tag. True that the military men consider the way they are faced is like a dog & that is the reason they chose that word for the metal & chain they use but anyhow, it is also clear that the wording is the only to be used to lead peoples see the items in searches.

So, it is just a name & not any real connection to dog as peoples use them & no dog at all.

Some wordings are used any how & we cannot change them. Funny that the word for MR. in Greek is KIR that in Persian is penis or [Edited Out]. So, should Creeks change the word as in international committees some Iranians also participate? Does the Greek use it for insulting Iranians? Not of course.

Wel, what I just want you realise is that we have the items all call dog tag. no insult to our holy Imams & nothing in connection to dogs. We use the name peoples understand & nothing else.

Kindest Regards,

AHMED

he has a point, to be honest, the term 'dog tags' was coined as this type of pendent was what was used for identification of american military personel in war time so that dead bodys could be identified, now, as this wording has been used so long for this type of pendent, it is just the name of any kind of pendent like this. so saying it is a dog tag as he says is just a means of identifying what he is selling to the general public.

I am sure he is not trying to disrespect our holy Imam (as) but I would ask him again to refrain from the use of the word as many people from foreign counties wont know what the word dog tag is and most native english speakers arent shia to begin with, I am happy just using the word pendent myself and I am a native english speaker. I dont think many 12ers are going to be looking up for dog tags anyway, they will use words like pendent necklace etc.

jus to the thing bout Dog tags.. i thnk ur tkin it rong n too much in the extreme side... am sure the person aint disrespectin no1 its jus the name of tht type of jewellery.. u shud b happy tht thr r things lyk tht available rather thn it sayin "50cent" or "eminem" on thm.. tke it positively :) wen ppl do try find em thn thy prbbly wud look fr dog tags as its common word nw n ppl wud cum across thm .. so i dnt think ne neeed for all tht.. bt thy jus tryna sell the product wiv its name.. no disrespect :) bt yeh thy r nycccc.. i lyk em! :)

(bismillah)

(salam)

hi, these pendant or so called dog tags are aimed at men mainly and I have bought one formy son's birthday I got it of ebay from someone in the usa.

they are really very good and my son loves it.

if you changed the name and called them pendants I feel young men would not be so happy to have them because pendants are something girls wear, this shape of tag is called dogtag and i think it is because they are similar to the dogtags that dogs wear, somthing with their name and address on. During the war they needed to id a dead soldier and paper was easy to destroy in battle, hench the metal tags like dogtags. if you wanted to change the name of these then I sugest just saying (chain) because it would be more appealing to young men.

but they are really very nice and any young man would be happy to have one.

ASTAKHFIRULLAH LA HAWLA WA LA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAHE HIL ALI-UL AZEEM...

Just came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2759.l1259

I have messaged the seller to take this item off and that the label "dog tag" is highly disgusting n disrespectful... I urge all members to bombard this person n report the i tem until he takes it off!!

seriously..... :wacko:

this message is just sad and a completely useless comment. im surprised that the seller actually replied you. With all your respect, unless of course you didnt know what a dog tag was.

Edited by Avicenna110