Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

public schools

shaista0712

• Advanced Member

I was unsure where to post this topic, but then I realized it has to do with North America, USA. so here:

would you send you child or children to a public school or to a private school?

and why?

I have heard alot of bad things about public schools so I wonder about others too.

jazakallah khair.

• Advanced Member

It doesn't make much of a difference.

In public schools, there's problems with violence, drugs, etc. But it really isn't much different in private schools.

I've only been to public schools, and there are some very decent kids, but there's a large majority of drug users. However students that I've spoken with who have attended private schools say that they witnessed the same issues in private school. So to be honest with you, i don't think it would matter much.

Either way, your kids will experience negative things. If you instill your kids with positive values, then inshallah they'll be smart enough to avoid the negatives.

• Advanced Member

I was in and out of various public schools, but for the majority of the time, my mom home schooled my brothers and me. I learned MUCH more from being at home, in a one-on-one environment, than I did from being bored in public school as the lessons had to be tailored to the level of the majority of the class. I also enjoyed working at my own pace at home, and disliked being stuck waiting for others to finish or to understand the material. However, some schools are better than others, so it depends on the area. The best thing would be to investigate the schools in your area to see what would work best for your children.