Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Honey bees disappearing

Rate this topic

shaista0712

• Advanced Member

recently puchased some Haggen Daz ice cream and it said on the box that honey bees are disappearing.

Has anyone heard this? any more information on this ??as to why the bees are disappearing.???

The consequence will be severe because-- there will be no more honey on earth, and the quran says that honey is a medicine (I don't know the exact ayat and surah) .If anyone knows the exact ayat, please share. thankyou and may Allah reward your efforts in this world and the next world.

Also, as an idea: can honey be made or manufactured articially?

• Advanced Member

yes the bees are disappearing rapidly, its just all of the sudden every year there are less and less to the point where people who keep bees for a living and have honey businesses in america are going out of business, they are trying to figure ways to stop the problem. It is a serious problem and no one knows why this is happening, or even where they are going, its not like we have seen dead bees, they have just disappeared. I think all the news programs have done something on it, at least the local news shows where I live, because we have many bee keepers here, I also think discovery or national geographic channels have done stories on it also, if you are interested I am sure you can google and find a lot on the topic.

• Advanced Member

Bismilahir Rahmanir Raheem,

Salaamalykum Sister,

Very interesting i had no idea of honey bees disappearing until you mentioned it and did a bit of reading, and it's very true. Scientists are absolutely stumped as to why Honey Bees are disappearing and they are disappearing RAPIDLY and i mean RAPIDLY. It is very disturbing, i am in fact disturbed as i've read that honey is a very EFFECTIVE medicine and prevents many diseases and sicknesses, especially if you feed it to babies. And i've also read that the Prophet (S.A.W) used to have honey in his diet, not sure if it's true though. But however it is very possible to make artificial honey that's tastes and looks EXACTLY the same, but it doesn't have the same benefits, as i've mentioned preventing diseases and such. This is quite worrying though, i hope they find out soon what's causing these Bees to disappear.

Here's a link on artificial honey: http://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2008/02/art...its-market.html

Here's a link on info of the disappearance of honey bees: http://www.i-sis.org.uk/MysteryOfDisappearingHoneybees.php

Thank-you Sister for sharing this information by the way.

May we all hold onto the rope of guidance of Allah (S.W.T)

This has been happening since the beginning of summer 2008... And scientists are baffled about this and VERY worried, because 2/3 of all vegetation are pollinated by Bees... So the consequences of this phenomenon is very...well you know...

This is happening mostly in the U.S., Canada and Europe... The Bees are migrating, and the ones that are not migrating are dying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
recently puchased some Haggen Daz ice cream and it said on the box that honey bees are disappearing.

Has anyone heard this? any more information on this ??as to why the bees are disappearing.???

The consequence will be severe because-- there will be no more honey on earth, and the quran says that honey is a medicine (I don't know the exact ayat and surah) .If anyone knows the exact ayat, please share. thankyou and may Allah reward your efforts in this world and the next world.

Also, as an idea: can honey be made or manufactured articially?

my biology prof was researching the topic and she told us a lot of people are speculating that it has something to do with cellphone signals and cellphone towers, i cant remember why but try googling honeybees, cellphones and i'm sure something'll come up

Research conducted at Landau University found that bees refuse to return to their hives when mobile phones are placed nearby. http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?...4926&page=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

^^^

Albert Einstein made the statement ” If honey bees become extinct, human society will follow in four years.” He was speaking in regard to the symbiotic relationship of all life on the planet. All part of a huge interconnected ecosystem, each element playing a role dependant on many other elements all working in concert creating the symphony of life. Should any part of the global body suffer, so does the whole body.

Many people would be surprised to know that 90% of the feral (wild) bee population in the United States has died out. Recent studies in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands have shown that bee diversity is down 80 percent in the sites researched, and that “bee species are declining or have become extinct in Britain.” The studies also revealed that the numbers of wildflowers that depend on pollination have dropped by 70 percent. Which came first, the decline in wildflowers or the decline in pollinators, has yet to be determined. If bees continue to die off so would the crops they support and with that would ensue major economic disruption and possibly famine.

http://blog.targethealth.com/?page_id=9 authors Ms. Joyce Hays and Dr. Jules Mitchell