Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
El-shia

As an Iraqi what am I suposed to think of Bush?

Rate this topic

I Really don't know ,

I was a pro-bush person before I mean the guy took away saddam and Iraq was finally free of that tyrant and we now could develop in many factors.

but allot of people hate bush for the Iraq war due all the the murders (wich were mostly caused by extremist not America)

and if Bush wasn't there the Saddam regime would have stood there in power for more than a 100 years if Bush didn't step in.

and they call me crazy for suporting America its involvement into Iraq

So I want from you mainly shias , what is the true opinion about bush .

The USA didnt invade Iraq to free Iraqis. They invaded Iraq for the purposes of Oil and empire and Israel and killing muslims. Freedom from Saddam was a side benefit, but what type of freedom is it to go from one tyrant to a whole bunch of corrupt cowards and a foreign military occupation?

Edited by Hassan kachal

Saddam was a puppet appointed by Americans because they wanted oil and wanted a way in..

Bush is just another puppet. Just like Obama.

And here comes the dreaded part , " ZIONISTS are behind everything"

may seem like a cliched statement but it isnt, because its the truth.

It is the truth I know that it all zionism and a puppetgame .

but so what...most of my family rather has this sitauation than Saddam any day..and the Iraqis are happy now...and shouldn't we more concern for the Iraqi their happenis than your own political correctness. right?

and the Americans right now are in noway compareable to saddam his time .

Edited by El-shia

Saddam was a puppet appointed by Americans because they wanted oil and wanted a way in..

Bush is just another puppet. Just like Obama.

And here comes the dreaded part , " ZIONISTS are behind everything"

may seem like a cliched statement but it isnt, because its the truth.

Actually the US didn't really benefit from Iraq's petroleum one bit; or, if they did, very minisculely. Not nearly enough to cover even 1% of their expenses thus far. However, you are right in that Jews run the scene. It was for Israel's sake that Saddam was overthrown. However, an odd consequence of the whole effort is that the Shia do have some kind of voice now, even though it is beset with many other problems, and Iran's position is far stronger.

I Really don't know ,

I was a pro-bush person before I mean the guy took away saddam and Iraq was finally free of that tyrant and we now could develop in many factors.

but allot of people hate bush for the Iraq war due all the the murders (wich were mostly caused by extremist not America)

and if Bush wasn't there the Saddam regime would have stood there in power for more than a 100 years if Bush didn't step in.

Salamu alaikum, friend never be fooled. bush(la) was never an ally or friend of the Iraqi people. bush(la) and cheney(la) ordered the invasion of Iraq in an attempt to steal the oil wealth of Iraq, help american ally zionist "israel", and secure more military bases for attacks (chiefly against Iran and Syria). The American government was actually the force behind saddam(la) for many years. Under american president Reagan(la), the American government, CIA, and military gave saddam(la) tons of supplies and support to fight against Iran and by extension gave saddam(la) power to oppress the Iraqi people he(la) was dictator over.

See this classic picture of american government official donald rumsfeld(la) meeting with saddam(la) in the 1980s

saddam-rumsfeld.jpg

Syed Fadhlallah (ha) is an Iraqi and he says:

ÇáÅÏÇÑÉ ÇáÃãÑíßíÉ áä ÊÍÕÏ ÅáÇ ÇáãÒíÏ ãä ÇáÝÔá æÇáÃÍÐíÉ Ýí ÓíÇÓÊåÇ ÇáÚÏÇÆíøÉ

The US hostile policy will face further failure and shoes.

w/s

if saddam was an american puppet or not, if he was put into power by america or not, the fact that america was the only country that was able to remove him stays the same. some may say america came to iraq for oil. well guess what they have spent much more on the war and not only that the poor people cant even get oil because iraq has a democratic government now who has everything under control. not to mention the fact that even before the war the money for the oil wasnt going into the pockets of iraqis and was more like given to saddam and his sons. but you know what i dont care why it was in the interest of america to remove saddam just the fact that it was in our interest too to remove saddam is enough for me to support america in the iraq war.

poeple keep moaning about electricity and water. one starts to wonder where were all these people at the time of saddam when there was no water and electricity. people moan about their families and friend being killed but were your families and friends not killed by saddam?! and lets face the fact most of the killings and havoc in iraq is caused by the neighbouring countries such as jordan, saudi, iran and syria. unfortunately iraq has become a battlefield for these countries to fight each other as well as fighting the americans.

Syed Fadhlallah (ha) is an Iraqi and he says:

actually he is lebanese.

wallahu a3lam

You have to remember that it was the americans who created the baath, supported it, made it powerfull and will continue to support it, because the baath are american b!tches. The americans will not abandon them.

The americans removed saddam because he was no longer doing their bidding...saddam became ''freelance'' a dictator, an active supporter of palestinian groups and a loud voice against isreal and america in the middle east...so the americans turned against him. Its as simple as that. It really has nothing to do with oil -- please guys, stop going on about oil.

Without doubt, Iran has only grown stronger after the invasion, in terms of political and intelligence influence in the region, trade with iraq (most of which is out of date poisen) media and propaganda strength, they are able to market the islamic revelution better now, furthermore..Iran has been accelerating its weapons and military development, Iran is a major powerhouse now and they DONT want the americans to leave..trust me on this.

So these are things you need to think about. what is the after effects? what has happened and what will happen in the future?

Edited by iraqiunited

if saddam was an american puppet or not, if he was put into power by america or not, the fact that america was the only country that was able to remove him stays the same. some may say america came to iraq for oil. well guess what they have spent much more on the war and not only that the poor people cant even get oil because iraq has a democratic government now who has everything under control. not to mention the fact that even before the war the money for the oil wasnt going into the pockets of iraqis and was more like given to saddam and his sons. but you know what i dont care why it was in the interest of america to remove saddam just the fact that it was in our interest too to remove saddam is enough for me to support america in the iraq war.

poeple keep moaning about electricity and water. one starts to wonder where were all these people at the time of saddam when there was no water and electricity. people moan about their families and friend being killed but were your families and friends not killed by saddam?! and lets face the fact most of the killings and havoc in iraq is caused by the neighbouring countries such as jordan, saudi, iran and syria. unfortunately iraq has become a battlefield for these countries to fight each other as well as fighting the americans.

There is just so...so much wrong with this post.

let me put it this way,

Saddam was put into power by America, then again so was Osama bin Ladin, (I could make a list here but I wont) pretty much every evil dictator on the planet today is there due to the support of America.

What does that say about the current Iraqi regime (seemingly "democratically elected" which, if you are falling for that then you are naive) and how many more Iraqi lives will be forfeit when al-Maliki decides he dosent want to be a puppet for America anymore? maybe that time it will be your family who dies. (inshallah not)

I have decided, if the American government is pushing for anyone to be in power, then that person should probably just be killed because they are evil, and even when they decide money and power wasnt worth it, they slept with the shaytan too long to repent, and the shaytan comes and takes their life, along with many many many innocent lives in the process.

I am american, but I do not support my government in what they have been running around the world doing at the expense of lives, because it is all for power, and power corrupts absolutely.

I Really don't know ,

Bush is an Imperalist dog and an ally of World Zionism

(salam)

Personally I would much rather have Saddam Hussein in power than have Iraq in turmoil and anarchy. Although him and his sons were possibly the most evil Muslims in the world, the country was under control. People weren't afraid of being bombed or kidnapped when going to the market places. People weren't afraid of American troops raiding their houses and neighbourhood every now and then searching for fighters and weapons, arresting men old enough to shave.

(salam)

Personally I would much rather have Saddam Hussein in power than have Iraq in turmoil and anarchy. Although him and his sons were possibly the most evil Muslims in the world, the country was under control. People weren't afraid of being bombed or kidnapped when going to the market places. People weren't afraid of American troops raiding their houses and neighbourhood every now and then searching for fighters and weapons, arresting men old enough to shave.

Kidnapped? Some were murdered on the spot? At least the killings are known now, if people got kidnapped it would be announced somewhere, media would know; it is no secret anymore. But for Saddam's time mass killings, murdered on the spot and people who didn't know where half their family had disappeared. People who weren't afraid to kill their own sons to suit their needs are better than the current state?

And you think Saddam's regime has ended? We might have managed to end one Saddam, but there are hundreds like him, not wanting Iraq to have peace.

What you see now in Iraq is a nothing compared to how distorted the country was before.

Kidnapped? Some were murdered on the spot? At least the killings are known now, if people got kidnapped it would be announced somewhere, media would know; it is no secret anymore. But for Saddam's time mass killings, murdered on the spot and people who didn't know where half their family had disappeared. People who weren't afraid to kill their own sons to suit their needs are better than the current state?

And you think Saddam's regime has ended? We might have managed to end one Saddam, but there are hundreds like him, not wanting Iraq to have peace.

What you see now in Iraq is a nothing compared to how distorted the country was before.

Salaam Aleikum,

True. I actually was living in Iraq on that time when i was young. There was only much fearness and less joyness. It was a sick time with worries.

Edited by Zufa

(wasalam)

No doubt Bush was instrumental in overthrowing Saddam but let us remember it was USA who wholeheartedly supported Sadam and the Bathist regime till it was convenient for them.If USA is so concerned about the Iraqi nation let them handover entire control(administrative,political and economic)to the Iraqi's.

Americans are no friend of the muslims only of the Zoinists.

(salam)

Are you saying Iraq was more distorted in Saddam's era than it is now?

If you were to ask the Iraqis this question - well firstly over a million are no longer here - they have always said their lives were better before the occupation. I remember reading a poll on the Independent a year ago which had reported 92% of the Iraqis asked had said their lives were better before the invasion.

I am not saying Saddam Hussein did not massacre his own people, because he did. He had killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis of all ethnic and religious backgrounds, especially the Shi'ah and Kurds. However, the past 5 years were terrifying. The "Just Foreign Policy" death toll of Iraqis is at almost 1.3 million. This does not include the countless injured and maimed Iraqi civilians, as well as those who have suffered the deaths of family and friends, loss of property, etc. How about the 4,219 confirmed deaths of U.S soldiers, and over 50,000 hurt in the battles, brought into the war based on the lies of WMD and links to Al Qa'idah?

Saddam, Uday, Qusay, and the rest of the Ba'athi's were all horrible sons of Shaytan. But the brutal behavior of the current Iraqi 'government', its maghaweer, the militias, the sectarian murderers, and the occupation forces are a killing machine which have destroyed Iraq and its previous stability for decades to come.

Edited by Qa'im

Actually the US didn't really benefit from Iraq's petroleum one bit; or, if they did, very minisculely. Not nearly enough to cover even 1% of their expenses thus far. However, you are right in that Jews run the scene. It was for Israel's sake that Saddam was overthrown. However, an odd consequence of the whole effort is that the Shia do have some kind of voice now, even though it is beset with many other problems, and Iran's position is far stronger.

@ Cyan - Why does such an intelligent person as your self waste time on a forum like this?

I find it hard to grasp that the OP wants to be told what to think. That's pretty sad to say the least.

Edited by Mehvish

Are you saying Iraq was more distorted in Saddam's era than it is now?

If you were to ask the Iraqis this question - well firstly over a million are no longer here - they have always said their lives were better before the occupation. I remember reading a poll on the Independent a year ago which had reported 92% of the Iraqis asked had said their lives were better before the invasion.

Yes I am, and as for the 92%, it proves nothing; where were the results collected from? How many Iraqis living in Iraq took part? Reliability?

The country was left on its last leg, and the new government has built it to complement the needs of today's Iraqi people. It's not easy building a house from scratch, never mind a country after it has been completely destroyed.

I am not saying Saddam Hussein did not massacre his own people, because he did. He had killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis of all ethnic and religious backgrounds, especially the Shi'ah and Kurds. However, the past 5 years were terrifying. The "Just Foreign Policy" death toll of Iraqis is at almost 1.3 million. This does not include the countless injured and maimed Iraqi civilians, as well as those who have suffered the deaths of family and friends, loss of property, etc. How about the 4,219 confirmed deaths of U.S soldiers, and over 50,000 hurt in the battles, brought into the war based on the lies of WMD and links to Al Qa'idah?

Saddam, Uday, Qusay, and the rest of the Ba'athi's were all horrible sons of Shaytan. But the brutal behavior of the current Iraqi 'government', its maghaweer, the militias, the sectarian murderers, and the occupation forces are a killing machine which have destroyed Iraq and its previous stability for decades to come.

There are known hands that take part in the terrorist attacks around the country, Al-Qaida, Sadr movement, and many more. The current government contains people who have personal advantages of the situation, but the majority of the government is made up of dedicated people who care for Iraq's welfare and it is because of them that the country is slowly being joined together. Sectarian violence, weapons being funded by the loving neighbouring countries and movements within the country against the government create the atmosphere of fear and make plans come to a standstill.

But then an again what you hear from the media is only the bad news, none of the progress is reported; during Saddam's time no news left Iraq without the approval of Saddam. So I'm not surprised many people think that Saddam's reign was better.

Why are you asking non-Iraqis? They have no idea what they're talking about since they haven't experienced the times of war with Bush and Saddam like we have.

Bush did a good thing by removing Saddam from power and granting Iraqis the freedom they deserve. But his invasion has stirred many more problems in Iraq and resulted in the deaths of millions of innocent Iraqi people. This, we can never forgive him for.

I say may God punish anyone who has caused harm to the Iraqi people. We have suffered enough.

Edited by Sally

Salam Alaikom

As for the ignorant who claims that saddam time is better time period than now, then i suggest he really thinks twice and fear Allah and his messenger if he was muslim.

As to whether he has actually been to Iraq during saddam time or not is unknown, we will assume he hasnt as his comments do not make sense if one saw what saddam was doing to the iraqis.

I pray to Allah to forgive such people for there views and maybe they just dont know what happened for 3 decades,

under saddam regime, iraq was not under control, this is a myth, saddam was a dictator and it seems Qa'im is in favour of dictatorship? Subhanallah

Under Saddam regime, the kidknapping was happeneing on a daily basis, the bombings were happening in designated areas and it was all unpredicatable to when it will happen, take a look at the videos on torturing in public and private, i suppose you missed how the iraqi football team was brutually tortured for losing their games. or you missed how the TV's, mobile fones, telephones, computers were either banned or heavily monitored?

And finally, raids were occuring more or less every day during the 80's and 90's randomly and forcefully using 20-30 army officials who would drag people out of their houses even if they were a friend of a 1000 friend who was just accused of MAYBE disliking saddam.

please fear the day of judgement brother and revise your comments as really its not fair for you to say such especially if you havnt been to iraq during 1980-2003 and lived there..

i ask Allah to forgive you

Hussain 110

(salam)

Alsalam Alakum

For a person to say the above its obvious you have not been in Iraq during saddams time. Are you even Iraqi?

For the words I highlighted here is my reply to them...

So your saying during saddams time, the Iraqi's weren't afraid that there women would be taken and RAPED, or a son of theirs being killed right in front of them and they had to PAY for the bullet that killed there own son (I say that because it has happened in my family). There is more to add on. You dont remember chemical Ali and what he did to the kurds??? You don't remember the mass graves that were discovered? Or the fact that Iraqi's were BURIED ALIVE. Or people put in jail for not having a picture of saddam in there homes or if they haven't taught there child to love saddam. Even Imam Ali (as) shrine was damaged during this tyrants time, I am sorry but have you missed all this or hava you forgotten it?

What kind of muslim would rather have that happen to other people? So you are with injustice? You are with dictators? You are with oppression? Because that's what saddam and his sons were all about.

ws

Edited by 7azeenah87

(salam)

For a person to say the above its obvious you have not been in Iraq during saddams time. Are you even Iraqi?

For the words I highlighted here is my reply to them...

So your saying during saddams time, the Iraqi's weren't afraid that there women would be taken and RAPED, or a son of theirs being killed right in front of them and they had to PAY for the bullet that killed there own son (I say that because it has happened in my family). There is more to add on. You dont remember chemical Ali and what he did to the kurds??? You don't remember the mass graves that were discovered? Or the fact that Iraqi's were BURIED ALIVE. Or people put in jail for not having a picture of saddam in there homes or if they haven't taught there child to love saddam. Even Imam Ali as.gif shrine was damaged during this tyrants time, I am sorry but have you missed all this or hava you forgotten it?

What kind of muslim would rather have that happen to other people? So you are with injustice? You are with dictators? You are with oppression? Because that's what saddam and his sons were all about.

I think you're misunderstanding what I am saying here. Firstly, in my post I had stated:

I am not saying Saddam Hussein did not massacre his own people, because he did. He had killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis of all ethnic and religious backgrounds, especially the Shi'ah and Kurds...

So I am obviously not for any brutal dictator, especially not Saddam Hussein. This is an insult to my intelligence to say that I am somehow a supporter of Saddam, his occupation, his corruption, his wars, his massacres, etc. because I said no such thing brother.

I myself have known people killed by Saddam Hussein's government; me being a fellow Syrian, which borders Iraq, I have known at least a handful of Iraqis and Syrians who have been arrested and executed. When I said people were not afraid of being kidnapped and such, I had probably used the wrong words to explain - people were in fact kidnapped, and hundreds of thousands (or even millions if you want to count the Iran-Iraq war) were killed throughout his decades in power. What one needs to understand though is that dozens of people in Iraq are killed, injured, or kidnapped at an hourly basis. Through the U.S. troops, Iraqi shock troops (maghaweer), Sunni sectarian insurgents, Shi'i sectarian militias, and the various groups of criminals, who kill to steal money and kidnap to gather ransoms.

I have not been to Iraq in these five years, but I know many people who have gone for visits, and each and every person has had something dramatic or horrible happen to them. I know a woman, whose husband had been previously killed by Saddam, who was dragged out of her university and shot dead by the Jaysh al Mehdi. I know several friends who have had relatives kidnapped, and were forced to pay ransoms of ridiculous proportions, as well as stories of people being stopped in their cars and shot based on their sect.

Again I am not saying things were necessarily happy-go-lucky in Saddam's era, what I am saying is that things are worse today. I will use statistics to back up this statement:

A survey held by The Associated Press, conducted in 2003, says approximately 61,000 Baghdad residents had been killed in Saddam's 23 year rule. The survey was conducted with 1,178 residents from Baghdad between August and September, where the pollers went to Iraqi residents and asked how many people in that household had been killed by Saddam. This is a relatively high number compared to other polls, which previously suggested he had killed a number in the low tens of thousands. This number, of course, is ONLY restricted to Baghdad, ONLY restricted to those he had physically arrested and executed (and not those who were sent to wars), and does not include people who were possibly killed without a home or entire families killed. This is not my number, this is the Associated Press.

What about Baghdad today? Abductions, militias, sectarian violence, revenge killings, assassinations, car-bombs, suicide bombers, American military strikes, Iraqi military raids, death squads, extremists, armed robberies, executions, detentions, secret prisons, torture, mysterious weapons, and even chemical weapons such as white-phosphorus used in Falluja. The Lancet reported in 2006 (almost 3 years ago) that between 2003 and 2006, 600,000 Iraqis had been killed. The Lancet has since reported even larger numbers, and many other reliable sources are now saying the death toll has hit over a million. This is all in just less than 5 years. The term Mission Accomplished comes to mind.

For the last time now, Saddam was horrible, his reign was terrifying, and the amount of deaths was disgusting. Though the number of Iraqis his government had executed in 23 years does not match the amount of Iraqis killed in just 5. What will the death toll by in 18 more years? God only knows. As an Arab, I do not stand by this war.

A survey held by The Associated Press, conducted in 2003, says approximately 61,000 Baghdad residents had been killed in Saddam's 23 year rule. The survey was conducted with 1,178 residents from Baghdad between August and September, where the pollers went to Iraqi residents and asked how many people in that household had been killed by Saddam. This is a relatively high number compared to other polls, which previously suggested he had killed a number in the low tens of thousands. This number, of course, is ONLY restricted to Baghdad, ONLY restricted to those he had physically arrested and executed (and not those who were sent to wars), and does not include people who were possibly killed without a home or entire families killed. This is not my number, this is the Associated Press.

What about Baghdad today? Abductions, militias, sectarian violence, revenge killings, assassinations, car-bombs, suicide bombers, American military strikes, Iraqi military raids, death squads, extremists, armed robberies, executions, detentions, secret prisons, torture, mysterious weapons, and even chemical weapons such as white-phosphorus used in Falluja. The Lancet reported in 2006 (almost 3 years ago) that between 2003 and 2006, 600,000 Iraqis had been killed. The Lancet has since reported even larger numbers, and many other reliable sources are now saying the death toll has hit over a million. This is all in just less than 5 years. The term Mission Accomplished comes to mind.

Brother it is clear you lack any knowledge on this topic as you rely on sources which are not credible, it is an advert that upto 600,000 - 1million iraqis have died in the past 5 years, you clearly are biased and just want to use any report to support your view that the past 5 years is worse off. You have disrespected the entire iraqi population by claiming those ridicilious figures, every iraqi family respects the body and when a family member gets murdered we ask for the body back or we go look for it whether it is thrown in the sea, hidden or in the street; hence the real figures come from the cemetry and the hospitals..not from the street liars sources you have.

The worse mass killing was the kathmiya bridge bombings and that was 1000 killed. then you have the massacre in the north of iraq where approx 200 yazidis died. on a daily basis between 2005-2007 where the worse killing was approx 30 people a day, now if you count that in a week and then a year it comes to 10,920 people... for 3 years the figures come to 32,720, you want to use worse case scenerio we will use the full 5 years then it comes to around 55,000....okay lets use 100 people a day were dying it doesnt come to 200,000 for the full 5 years as a worse case scenerio. brother please dont lie to the people and spread propaganda from those who have 1 direction of looking into things, if you hate america so much then you fight them with your brain and logic not extreme exaguration and pure lies. I suggest you goto Iraq yourself and speak to the residents there around the country and get some FACTS before you believe some reports based on propaganda.....If i want some facts on syria i wouldnt believe anti syrians would i now?

Coming to the 61,000 residents killed in baghdad in saddam 23year rule is comical and a blatant lie, who makes up these figures are clearly ba3thists and supporters of saddam. Just from the lists we found in one districts there was 100,000 murdered , what are you talking about? i suggest you go visit baghdad cemetry and ask for a list of those died from 1980 - 2003 and you will find it much more then 61,000 and then i suggest you goto wadi al salam in najaf and get a full accurate report of those murdered there, not yet the least of the other cemetries and the thousands burnt into ashes and their bodies never to be recoverd again.

Hussain 110

For the last time now, Saddam was horrible, his reign was terrifying, and the amount of deaths was disgusting. Though the number of Iraqis his government had executed in 23 years does not match the amount of Iraqis killed in just 5. What will the death toll by in 18 more years? God only knows. As an Arab, I do not stand by this war.

Firstly I dont believe I misunderstood you in any way. Secondly according to what brother Hussain110 mentioned and the examples he gave those rates you were giving us are untrue and who ever said it was that high of an amount is a liar. Thirdly I have a family in Iraq and we call them from time to time, from the latest call that we had Iraq is much better now then how it was, yes there was bombing and killing before, but I doubt it will increase any day now as its getting better Alhmdulilah.

Please don't go around saying you would rather have Saddam in power, during his time no one had any word they can say, nothing. At least now Iraqies are free to speak what they truly feel and demand there rights rather then being shot down in sadams time! Withing time inshAllah you will see the improvements, saddam has dont a lot of damage to the Iraqi people, I believe in time things will be much better inshAllah.

ws

Im currently working and living in baghdad for the past 2 months , i have relative experince from the situation in iraq during the time from 04 to 08 , i visit every year

i can say now the situation has gotten much better then last year , this of course is terrible news for anti american people in this forum . but this is fact.

iraq is getting better, Maliki strategy & US support is proving to be on a good path.

inshallah in the next upcoming years iraq will be free of voilence , and i will be the first one to post on this forum saying "lets look at the archive how the reports used to be so anti american on shiachat and how nowdays Iraqs democracy is a success"

if you feel like im bull[Edited Out]ting , im happy to provide you my cell nr in iraq through pm and ask me any questions.

//from baghdad

Edited by baghdadi