Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
muslim girl

Muta - Would you do it even if your married?

Rate this topic

Salaam Alaykum,

This has been on of the biggest and most painful "wake-up" calls for me in my life.

I am a guy (just for clarification), however I have never EVER witnessed Muta being practised by married man for any noble or Islamic reasons whatsoever. Oh and btw, men DO talk about it, (and other things when they get together)

In the majority of cases their wives have no idea, and these men have convinced themselves that this is their divine right.

To be honest it completely disgusts me, and you can throw as many ahadith as you want at me about what the Masoomeen did, quite frankly the Masoomeen did MANY things during their lives, but I am so surprised how easily some men are willing to "emulate" the practises which get them off.

There are people in my life whom I regarded as brothers as we were growing up, and afterwards I lost complete respect for due to their activities after marriage....

It truly is a sad situation

Wasalaam

This is friggin awesome. Almost everyone on shiachat is a marja'. If you "know" the correct answer then let us hear it. If you dont then please shut your big mouth because we dont want your "opinion".

If you want to know about mut3a ask ur marja3. If you dont follow a marja3 then you obviously dont really give a damn about halal and haraam unless ur a mujtahid or a muhtat.

And another thing is no one really cares how much some of u love ur wives. The question is, is mutaa halal? You loive ur wife? good for you! you dont wanna do mut3a? good for you. You "assume" mut3a is haram because it doesnt compute with ur "logic"? go kill urself.

Just because u dont agree with something it doesnt make it wrong.

So next time dont give an answer unless ur sure what ur saying is correct.

For those that gave proper answers this post isnt aimed at u.

^^^

good answer to the anti religion posts ...

wahashimi:

is it about what you feel like or is it about what god says so ?

you dont give any evidence why you are disgusted with people who are doing a halal and maybe a mustahab act....

however I have never EVER witnessed Muta being practised by married man for any noble or Islamic reasons whatsoever

you must be blind man because I am married and I allways do mut3a and its the best way for dawa and for getting another permenant wife.

How many people did you bring to Islam and how many young girls did you save from fornication and tried to protect and shelter? how many widows did you help and shelter?

Edited by alimohamad40

^^^

good answer to the anti religion posts ...

wahashimi:

is it about what you feel like or is it about what god says so ?

you dont give any evidence why you are disgusted with people who are doing a halal and maybe a mustahab act....

you must be blind man because I am married and I allways do mut3a and its the best way for dawa and for getting another permenant wife.

How many people did you bring to Islam and how many young girls did you save from fornication and tried to protect and shelter? how many widows did you help and shelter?

AssalaamuAlaykum,

Just out of interest, id like to know how many :

1) widows u are still sheltering?

2) How many u have converted to Islam and how many are still muslims

3) How many u have saved from fornication after u have parted from them?

Isnt is possible that dawah is just as well done through other measures like charity, public speaking and awarneness?

Salaam

This is friggin awesome. Almost everyone on shiachat is a marja'. If you "know" the correct answer then let us hear it. If you dont then please shut your big mouth because we dont want your "opinion".

If you want to know about mut3a ask ur marja3. If you dont follow a marja3 then you obviously dont really give a damn about halal and haraam unless ur a mujtahid or a muhtat.

And another thing is no one really cares how much some of u love ur wives. The question is, is mutaa halal? You loive ur wife? good for you! you dont wanna do mut3a? good for you. You "assume" mut3a is haram because it doesnt compute with ur "logic"? go kill urself.

You are kinda rude. People have a right to their opinions. Facts are facts. He witnessed what he witnessed. You witness what u witness. Just cos something is halal doesn not mean that humans can not err in following them and cause destruction around them. Stop trying to sweep social problems under the carpet.

AssalaamuAlaykum,

Just out of interest, id like to know how many :

1) widows u are still sheltering?

2) How many u have converted to Islam and how many are still muslims

3) How many u have saved from fornication after u have parted from them?

Isnt is possible that dawah is just as well done through other measures like charity, public speaking and awarneness?

Salaam

I'd also like to add the question: Did you sleep with any of them? If so, why do you need to do so if your aim is to convert them or shelter them and you already have a wife?

Salaam alaikum

why does the subject allways change to personal stories and the lifestory of X or the marriage life of Y ? I thought we are discussing ethics and the examples are only examples not the primary focus.

the topic is that the brother was sayign there is no way mut3a of married men could be done for noble reasons and we are discussing the correctness of this statement.

In our environment people have plenty of food and money so they dont need charity but millions of young girls are fornicating at the ages of 15 and even younger so they need people who give them the hallal alternative and teach them about marriage and islam and hijab and the prohibition of fornication.

public speaking is not better than action... the prophet says: "whoever of you saw and evil then let them change it with thier hand and IF they can not do that let them change it with thier toungue and IF they cant do that then let them change it with thier heart and thats the lowest of Emaan"

so publicly speaking to promote hallal and prohibit haraam is lower emaan than actually going out there and marrying them yourself. Talk is cheap as they say. I can keep saying day and night: give charity!! give charity!!! but my naighbour next door is dying from hunger and I am dying from too much food, will my talk be of any benefit ?

Is it better to go and feed them or just talk and raise awareness?

I'd also like to add the question: Did you sleep with any of them? If so, why do you need to do so if your aim is to convert them or shelter them and you already have a wife?

I only went close to the ones who were sure that they wanted to be my permenant wives otherwise I kept distance to keep the girl protected for her future husband.

my aim in addition to Dawah is to find a second permenant wife and as they mentioned above the ligitimate pleasure and the avoidance of sin and the obtaining of 45 times more reward for having more pleasure.

Rememeber temorary marriage litrally means " pleasure marriage"

The brother was saying " it should not be for pleasure"

Did you know that if you leave your wife for 4 months without having pleasure with her she has the ligitimate right to divorce you because you are regarded nashiz?

Did you also know that if sex was only for the sake of reproduction then you would only need to do it once a year not more often than that?

So why does religion force you to do it more often ? isnt that for other reasons than reproduction? and what are those nonreproduction reasons? arnt they pleasure and health issues ?

God has created pleasure in the process of reproduction so the humans would continue to reproduce and stay healthy...

why do you want to deny the pleasure that god has given to the people?

Allah says in the quraan:

"Say: Who prohibited the decoration of god that he brought down for his slaves and the good pleasures ? Say: it is for those who belived in the dunya and pure in the herafter"

Take the example of food ,,, can we deny you the benefit of the pleasure that comes with the food ??? can you eat just for the sake of the mineral benefits and avoid obtaining any pleasure from food ???

Can you avoid feeling pain after a contineous fasting for many days?

mix salt with everything you eat everyday because you should take the food only for its benefit not pleasure!!!!

is this a logical statement?? Why dont you become a buhddist and prohibit all the pleasures and torture yourself all your life ?

The worse thing is that usually we are hypcorites, we talk so much abtou self controll, we say that the hallal pleasures are illigitimate but we allow ourselves to benefit from the haraam pelasures in our secrets as a consequence of prohibiting the lawful on oursleves and on others,,, Just like the priests ,,,, prohibit marriage and sex and molest kids and sodomize in secret...

dont play with god's religion because it will backfire on you in the most ugly ways which will not be long before you see it in your children and your families,,,

your doughters are too busy runing away from your homes and fornicating and you are too busy prohibiting god's lawful, prohibiting the very thing that will save your doughters and sons,,,, Should we leave them to fornicate like they usually do or should we take our islamic responsibility and marry them??

Back to the food example:

If god did not create pleasure in food and did not create pain in its absence then you will die without realizing .. No one would bother to eat and hence you will stop existing and will not be able type wrong statements on shia chat...

Salaam

Edited by alimohamad40

Mut'ah reminds me of loving a certain person in Islam which is mandatory but who many people in history lost their lives for. Some loved him in heart, tongue and action and some only in heart and tongue and some only in the heart. Shi'ah Islam is the only religion I know of that fully embraces the polygynous nature of man. In this religion a man can be pious and still have many women in his life. Do you know any other religion like that? Shi'ah Islam goes a step further and says that polygyny, including this mut'ah is recommended in the sight of God and praiseworthy. Our ahaadeeth say that Imam 'Ali himself (as) did mut'ah, nay even our Prophet (sawa) did it. Our wives tell us to take the Prophet and 'Ali (as) as examples in your life in everything except one thing, mut'ah. I wonder what Imam Mahdi (as) will do about this mut'ah tomorrow. Will he ban it like 'Umar did or tell us to do without fear like his grandfathers did? A woman who demands divorce because her husband did mut'ah reminds me of a man who divorces his wife because she loves Imam 'Ali (as). Can our women honestly swear that if they were men and mut'ah was allowed and recommended for them that they would never ever do it if they were married? I heard Shaykh Hisham Husaini once say that he had a dream that when Imam Mahdi (as) comes something to the effect that the "Shi'ah" will reject him but the non-Muslims will accept him. I have read some traditions to that effect also. For those that are open-minded check out the video on this site. For some strange reason, doesn't it remind you of this fact that non-muslims will accept Imam Mahdi (as) but most of those that call themselves "Shi'ah" will reject him? These non-Muslims are more open-minded about polygyny then we are. Glorious is our Lord. The promise of our Lord is true. A "Shi'ah" who defends mut'ah with her tongue but hates it in her heart, though she knows that Allah says it is a good deed is similar to one who defends the successorship of 'Ali (as) with her tongue but hates him in her heart. This may hurt the feeling of some but I swear I am telling you the truth. I personally have never met a true shi'ah who didn't do mut'ah. How can there even exist a shi'ah who didn't do it when our Imams have commanded us to do it at least once in our lives?

AssalaamuAlaykum,

Did anyone answer my questions?? I dont see figures guys! I see talk talk talk but where are the figures?

Soulful Harmony: Didnt u say one of your reasons for polygomy is that your wife cant dance? hehehe...what a joker!

AssalaamuAlaykum,

Soulful Harmony: Didnt u say one of your reasons for polygomy is that your wife cant dance? hehehe

AssalaamuAlaykum No you got it wrong. That is not what I said. You must be referring to this thread. Stop making fun of my wife. She can hip roll 10x better than you. They actually have how to intructions for that on youtube. My point was I feel sorry for my brothers who have self-righteous wives at home who refuse to entertain them. Even Sistani, probably the most restrictive jurist on earth says a woman can dance for her husband. Many of you women think you are too pious to entertain your man. No wonder he eventually starts looking for entertainment elsewhere.

This LegendOfAzeroth person has used swear words and brainlessly ruined what was a fine discussion by his immature behavior and lack of comprehension. He is also baselessly assuming that I'm against his favorite religious aspect and he has insulted me for no reason at all? :/

Dude, if you want a marja's advice only and don't want opinions, and if you also happen to be married (although unlikely), and considering doing mutah while married, then by all means, please lay off and go e-mail your marja3 instead of posting in this thread and ruining it with your incompetence.

Thank you.

P.S.: If you also happen to have a shred of faith in you then you should know that mutah is only feasible under a very few certain circumstances according to the hadiths of the Imams (as), and especially the availability of a wife leaves no room for committing mutah.

Read this.

Imam Raza [as]: "It is Halal, Mubah Mutlaq, for he whom Allah has not made this unnecessary through marriage. So seek chastity through Mutah. If Allah has made this unnecessary for you, then it is permissible for you only when you do not have access to your wife." (wasail / kafi)

We are also clearly told in the Quran to keep aloof from polygamy if there are chances of commiting injustice against them.

"Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice," (4:3)"

Oh well. But, on another note, I'm sure that people like LegendofAzeroth would exploit the "availability" argument and commit mutah when their wife goes out for shopping. "Well, hey! She's unavailable!"

Goodluck with whatever direction your marja3 sends you to.

alsalam alaikum

Imam Raza [as]: "It is Halal, Mubah Mutlaq, for he whom Allah has not made this unnecessary through marriage. So seek chastity through Mutah. If Allah has made this unnecessary for you, then it is permissible for you only when you do not have access to your wife." (wasail / kafi)

you cant just bring a hadeeth and assume that this is what god says because there are many conflicting hadeeths and you have to consider them all and pick the right one.

I can bring you hadeeth which says mut3a is haraam... I can bring you hadeeths which can proove anything that tickles your fancy... but thats not the point we want to know what does god say and god's mesege is not contradictory.

now there is no scholar which says mut3a is limited to not having access to your wife and also these is no scholar that says mut3ah is haraam if you are married. Your using this hadeeth to make a claim so proove your claim please...

really this topic is so stupid,

we have the OMG my wife might read this type! they are just too funny, I really am laughing at that,

then we have the "I will do muta a million times in my life! type, they are equally funny as you know this is all talk and no action.

point is, there is nothing wrong with muta and if your wife hates muta then she hates her religion, and thinks she knows more than does Allah, which is truely sad there are so many people who think they and their will means more than Allah.

And, for the record, I dont think muta is as easy as the talkers make it seem, they just want everyone to think they are 'real men' its some kind of a syndrome or something, ha ha ha

anyway, if you come across a situation where muta happens, its there, and I am sure an absolute benefit, if you dont, then dont worry about it.

but for the record, quit worrying about what others think (wives included, if something is halal then she cannot make it haram) and start worrying about what God thinks. thats much better for you.

AssalaamuAlaykum,

Maybe u have links u can post to help them satisfy their wives.

AssalaamuAlaykum Sister you are absolutely right. Most of our brothers are equally clueless on how to satisfy their wives if not even more oblivious. We have so many ahaadeeth from our holy Imams (as) that stress on its importance. Most women in our community don't even know what an O is. I emulate Fadlullah and Saanei via Tab'eed and I posted some info to help our brothers with this problem here. I tried to use indirect language so only adults would understand the implications. I would be more than happy to help our brothers learn what they need to know to keep their wives happy via natural means. Most are just too arrogant or self-righteous to even admit the possibility that there is something they don't know and they have to learn. Men are not born with this knowledge. Someone has to explain it to them. Most of their fathers don't even know what I could teach them. Most women don't even know what I could teach their husbands. What is so hard about understanding how to push 2 buttons? People have been married for 20+ years and they still don't know! What a shame that our people are so ignorant even non-Muslims know more then them. We are supposed to know 10x more than non-Muslims because our Imams (as) have taught us everything. Our scholars are even too bashful to explain things to people. I guess they are afraid they will lose their jobs. Again I would be more than happy to help any brother. Just PM me.

Edited by soulfulharmonydotcom

you cant just bring a hadeeth and assume that this is what god says because there are many conflicting hadeeths and you have to consider them all and pick the right one.

Actually that hadeeth is considered Da'eef (weak) and Majhul (unknown narrator) by Majlisi and Bahbudi (reference). Perhaps that is why our jurists have neglected it and also because it contradicts other strong ahaadeeth that speak of absolute allowance and recommendation of mut'ah be he married or not. Perhaps some jurists might say that that hadeeth was narrated in the context of taqiyyah at best.

- (ãÌáÓí ãÌåæá20/233 – ÈåÈæÏí ÖÚíÝ)

Úóáöíøõ Èúäõ ÅöÈúÑóÇåöíãó Úóäö ÇáúãõÎúÊóÇÑö Èúäö ãõÍóãøóÏö Èúäö ÇáúãõÎúÊóÇÑö æó ãõÍóãøóÏõ Èúäõ ÇáúÍóÓóäö Úóäú ÚóÈúÏö Çááøóåö Èúäö ÇáúÍóÓóäö ÇáúÚóáóæöíøö ÌóãöíÚÇð Úóäö ÇáúÝóÊúÍö Èúäö íóÒöíÏó ÞóÇáó ÓóÃóáúÊõ ÃóÈóÇ ÇáúÍóÓóäö ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) Úóäö ÇáúãõÊúÚóÉö ÝóÞóÇáó åöíó ÍóáóÇáñ ãõÈóÇÍñ ãõØúáóÞñ áöãóäú áóãú íõÛúäöåö Çááøóåõ ÈöÇáÊøóÒúæöíÌö ÝóáúíóÓúÊóÚúÝöÝú ÈöÇáúãõÊúÚóÉö ÝóÅöäö ÇÓúÊóÛúäóì ÚóäúåóÇ

I can bring you hadeeth which says mut3a is haraam...

Exactly! That is why we emulate jurists because hadeeth science is a very difficult and complex subject. Those on this forum with an Akhbari mentality are too simplistic. Some wahhabis try to use those hadeeth in our Shi'ah books of hadeeth that speak of prohibition of mut'ah against us. They can misguide or confuse an Akhbari but an Usuli can only laugh. Check this link out for a demonstration.

We are supposed to emulate a qualified jurist. We it comes to 'amal (deeds) we can not act upon our own research unless we are qualified to do so. We can not even emulate a Hujjat al-Islam. We must emulate a top level Ayatullah al-Udhma. The Maraji' know what they are talking about. They have studied for decades.

Even Hujjat al-Islam Muhammad Rizvi has made some recommendations in his book that go against popular juristic opinion. Even Muhammad Rizvi is not a qualified jurist. His books are great but they can not abrogate what the Marja' says. See here for details.

As for a married man doing mut'ah with a christian woman, Yes Ayatullah Sistani (ra) says it is not allowed based on obligatory percaution. We all know that when it comes to obligatory percaution issues the emulator has the choice to refer to another qualified jurist and most other jurists say even a married muslim man doing mut'ah with a christian woman even without his permanent wifes or wives consent is allowed.

Most of us already know that if a woman puts it as a condition in her permanent marriage contract that she has the power of atorney to get herself divorced if her husband takes a 2nd wife that condition is valid. I was so amazed to recently learn that if a woman does not do permanent marriage but does Mut'ah marriage instead and she puts a condition of "No polygyny while married to me" then it actually becomes haraam for the man to practice polygyny without his wifes permission. Such a condition is not valid in permanent marriage but it is valid in fixed-term marriage. If you are in doubt about what I am saying email the jurist you emulate for confirmation. This is a very powerful point that demonstrates that Mut'ah marriage can be better for Western Muslim women then permanent marriage. For more details see this article.

Finally and to be fair there is a minority of jurists, namely Ayatullah Saanei who says that it is actually haraam for a man to take another wife be it permanent or fixed-term with a Muslim woman or non-Muslim woman without his wife/wives permission. Ayatullah Saanei is a very unique jurist. He takes social repercussions into consideration when he issues an edict. I emulate Ayatullah Saanei. I think he is right. In the past polygyny was expected and acceptable for men but times have changed. Now polygyny is unexpected and not socially acceptable. It makes sense that a man ought to seek the permission of his wife/wives before bringing a new member into the family. If she says yes there is no problem. If she says no, he has the option to divorce the wife who says no so he can marry the woman he wants. Ayatullah Saanei is the best jurist to emulate for Western men and women in my humble opinion. Some of his views on certain issues are here. You can download his risaalah here.

Edited by soulfulharmonydotcom

A lot of people think a wrong way about mutah....

Of course I wouldn't do mutah if I married even if I'm not....

I know it's "Halal" but it's not necessary to do every thing is Halal, I'm not supposed to do it because it is "Halal" ,,,,

I have the reasons but It's hard to say it in English, difficult to explain .

The question is : Could you allow someone wants to do mutah with your, sister?

This question said to Imam and this is what he said "ÙˆÙÙŠ رواية مرÙوعة من علي أن أبا حنيÙØ© قال لأبي جعÙر محمد بن النعمان صاحب الطاق: يا أبا جعÙر ما تقول ÙÙŠ المتعة، أتزعم أنها حلال؟ قال: نعم. قال: Ùما يمنعك أنه تأمر نساءكأن يستمتعن ويكتسبن عليك؟ Ùقال له أبو جعÙر: ليس كل الصناعات ÙŠÙرغب Ùيها وإن كانت حلالاً، وللناس أقدار ومراتب يرÙعون أقدارهم. ولكن ما تقول يا أبا حنيÙØ© ÙÙŠ النبيذ، أتزعم أنه حلال؟ Ùقال: نعم. قال: Ùما يمنع أن تقعد نساؤك ÙÙŠ الحوانيت نبّاذات Ùيكتسبن عليك؟ Ùقال أبو حنيÙØ©: واحدة بواحدة، وسهمك أنÙØ°. ثم قال له: يا أبا جعÙر، إن الآية التي ÙÙŠ رسأل سائلذ تنطق بتحريم المتعة، والرواية عن النبي (ص) قد جاءت بنسخها. Ùقال له أبو جعÙر: يا أبا حنيÙØ©ØŒ إن سورة رسأل سائلذ مكية، وآية المتعة مدنية، وروايتك شاذة ردية. Ùقال له أبو حنيÙØ©: وآية الميراث أيضاً تنطق بنسخ المتعة، Ùقال أبو جعÙر: قد ثبت النكاح بغير ميراث، قال أبو حنيÙØ©: من أين قلت ذاك؟ Ùقال أبو جعÙر: لو أن رجلاً من المسلمين تزوج امرأة من أهل الكتاب ثم توÙÙŠ عنها ما تقول Ùيها؟ قال. لا ترث منه، قال: Ùقد ثبت النكاح بغير ميراث، ثم اÙترقا (9).

see it in this link http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:DJaTD3...;cd=1&gl=sa

translate it if you want in this link

http://translate.google.com/

Edited by Haidar-ali

These days no one is going through any circumstances like the Prophet and his companions had gone through during their times.

A nice guy wont do it coz his wife feel betrayed. If he needs love then wife is there.

Muta may be good in certain circumstances but it is shielding the hypocrites who dont wanna commit to a GIRL.

This LegendOfAzeroth person has used swear words and brainlessly ruined what was a fine discussion by his immature behavior and lack of comprehension. He is also baselessly assuming that I'm against his favorite religious aspect and he has insulted me for no reason at all? :/

Dude, if you want a marja's advice only and don't want opinions, and if you also happen to be married (although unlikely), and considering doing mutah while married, then by all means, please lay off and go e-mail your marja3 instead of posting in this thread and ruining it with your incompetence.

Thank you.

P.S.: If you also happen to have a shred of faith in you then you should know that mutah is only feasible under a very few certain circumstances according to the hadiths of the Imams (as), and especially the availability of a wife leaves no room for committing mutah.

Read this.

We are also clearly told in the Quran to keep aloof from polygamy if there are chances of commiting injustice against them.

"Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice," (4:3)"

Oh well. But, on another note, I'm sure that people like LegendofAzeroth would exploit the "availability" argument and commit mutah when their wife goes out for shopping. "Well, hey! She's unavailable!"

Goodluck with whatever direction your marja3 sends you to.

Bro, you've missed the point completely.

Firstly I wasn'y attacking"you".

Secondly, I am married and have never done mut'a nor do i plan to unless it became a matter of absolute necessity.

Thirdly, the whole point of my post was to state that people should not give their "opinions" on what is halal/haram/mustahab/makrooh, etc.

Allah (swt) through the Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (a.s) has told us what is permissable and not permissable. So what right does a fallible human being have to give "their opinion" in a matter which Allah (swt) has already issued a law??

So what I'm saying is, if you "know" then by all means let's hear what you have to say, and if you don't know then please keep your opinions to yourself.

And finally, I never once stated whether or not i supported mut3a - so next time before u decide to start acting all righteous and pretending to be all eloquent, please read the post properly and try and understand what is being said.

PS: Just a quick word of advice - Don't ever become a comedian, you're attempt to be funny is an epic failure. Sorry bro, someone had to say it.

Edited by LegendofAzeroth

If your permanent wife (or wives) agree and allow you to carry out a Mutah marriage with another woman then you are completely allowed by Islamic Shari'ah. The only real reason that this kind of event would ever come up; would probably if a Muslim man had to leave his wife in one nation and go for a time (likely for work or such) in another country. Maybe he couldn't see his wife very often, or not at all, for quite a long while. A just wife would hopefully allow her husband to contract Mutah marriage with another Muslim women. This falls under the rules of polygamy which is of course lawful in Islam (with the set rules of course).

Dingdong, bro polygamy is not mustahab...actually it is the opposite. Allah swt says in the Qur'an that one wife is better for you. He would not say it's better than polygamy if polygamy is mustahab, because mustahab means strongly recommended.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't do muta' if I was married. Inshallah I will have the best relations with my wife with the help and mercy of Allah swt and treat her as best I can, and love her as Imam Ali as loved Sayyeda Fatima as, well, as close to that as I can of course :)

Where in the Quran does it say one wife is better? Just curious - thanks

^^^^

Alslam alaikum

Jund almahdi is saying his own opinion. As Dingdong stated polygyny is generally mustahab in islam and it was the practice of all of our imams and the majority of the prophets and god does not say in the quraan that one wife is better,,, infact he starts off with 2 wives

the verse says this: "marry from the women whats pleasing to you, 2 ,3 or four but if you were afraid that you will not do equality then one (free wife) and or what your right hand possessed that would be closer that you don't do injustice,"

here I posted fatwas about the recommendation of polygyny in Islam confirming that its mustahab:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21814

posted on Aug 19 2007, 07:21 AM post# 15

Walsalaam