Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

hijabis in the west

Rate this topic

shaista0712

When i say bad akhlaq im referring to insults..Insulting people is a sin, just as is not wearing hijab. Im curious to know why ya'll speak to non non hijabis as though they are the worst of human beings. Yet when a person talks so disrespectfully or insults - nobody says anything. But im sure you dont do this Zahrah ;) ...im just saying generally.

Unless im missing something here....and it is ok to be rude in Islam (or at least, more ok than to not wear hijab)

well dear. here we were supposed to talk about this matter. if there was another thread for Akhlaaaq, I would have commented there about akhlaaaq.

and... I dont think I insult but I do offend people here. I never knew insulting is a sin.

Im not biased toward non-hijaabis, the matter raised here had always bothers me, I had thought about it a lot. in such matter I always try to detach from it an my religion and look at that person from an impartial point of view. it is strange that some is Muslim and talks about not having hijaab as sth ordinary. that is strange.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member
I never knew insulting is a sin.

I think this is the opinion of all muslims, but i dont understand why...to me insulting and being disrespectful to someone is just something I can't imagine the Prophet doing. This is one area where the rest of mankind is way advanced over the muslims....they dont believe insluting is ok!

• Veteran Member
I think this is the opinion of all muslims, but i dont understand why...to me insulting and being disrespectful to someone is just something I can't imagine the Prophet doing. This is one area where the rest of mankind is way advanced over the muslims....they dont believe insluting is ok!

And in a lot of other areas. But still, we are the best. :huh:

• Advanced Member
But still, we are the best. :huh:

You're sooooo arrogant astaghfirullah :mellow: Remember iblees was jettisoned from his high status and his thousands of years of worship turned into naught (i.e floccinaucinihilipilificated) courtesy of a single moments pride.

• Advanced Member
And in a lot of other areas. But still, we are the best. :huh:

Actually, no. Forget their akhlaaq towards their own people, I find some muslim men and women act *strange* towards hijabis, from snide comments to rude jokes to "salam alaikum sistah where r ya goin want a lift?!!!! :dry: It may be understandable if a non muslim says rude stuff to you (pick on you for being a hijabi) out of ignorance, but muslims who do that really have no excuse.

• Advanced Member
and a good hijaab part of the religion.

Not arguing otherwise sis.

But, a good hijab = proper dress AS WELL AS proper akhlaq.

It's important that us as muslimahs dont get uppity just because we wear an extension of cloth over our head - it means nothing if the words out of our mouths or the way we act is horrible (regardless of the degree).

We all have scope for improvement.. whether it be manner or dress or both. Its important to work on all areas as all areas are part and parcel of 'good' Hijab.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't wear hijab but i cover my head with scarf and inshallah i will try to convince myself to wear hijab.I think chastity and piety has a direct relationship with a person's good deeds and his or her character rather than with hijab because i have observed lots of hijabis , who are involved in wrong deeds and decieve their parents.So it doesn't mean that if you wear hijab then you will be considered more pious and cultured but the thing that is more important is to have piety from the depths of your heart and to not let youself to be an easy victim to vulgarity and non-mahrams.

(wasalam)

• 9 months later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

As a Muslima living in the west who wears a jilbab and hijab, I have not experienced any major problem, alhamdulilah. As a matter of fact, I have noticed that I am given a lot more respect in comparison to non-hijabis and other hijabi sisters who for example don't wear the jilbab.

So it's 'not a problem' for me -hamdillah ^_^

Salam~

Edited by Ya AhlulBayt

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't wear hijab but i cover my head with scarf and inshallah i will try to convince myself to wear hijab.I think chastity and piety has a direct relationship with a person's good deeds and his or her character rather than with hijab because i have observed lots of hijabis , who are involved in wrong deeds and decieve their parents.So it doesn't mean that if you wear hijab then you will be considered more pious and cultured but the thing that is more important is to have piety from the depths of your heart and to not let youself to be an easy victim to vulgarity and non-mahrams.

(wasalam)

It is much harder to "have piety from the depths of your heart", than to wear something that covers your hair.

You are right in saying that having hijab does not necessarily mean one is a good muslim, but it is also true that one cannot be truly pious from the depths of their heart if they can't even observe the hijab.

• Advanced Member

Its your choice 'give a free feast' or 'make him pay for it before you give him'. Most people enjoy to get it free. Than there is an issue of the big sin of spreading 'fitna' and 'zina of the eyes' in the society. As long as they get a free orgasm men dont mind wether its halaal or haram.

(bismillah)

(salam)

As a Muslima living in the west who wears a jilbab and hijab, I have not experienced any major problem, alhamdulilah. As a matter of fact, I have noticed that I am given a lot more respect in comparison to non-hijabis and other hijabi sisters who for example don't wear the jilbab.

So it's 'not a problem' for me -hamdillah ^_^

Salam~

Mashallah, thats great.

As a muslima living in the west, in a society that suffers from xenophobia, I have encountered alot of problems after I started wearing the proper hijab. Alhamdulillah, it was my own choice so therefore whatever consequences hit me, didn't matter.

I do notice that people are more respectful towards me, especially male classmates etc but out in the real world, there's way more negative reactions. For example, whenever I go to a nice restaurant everyone stares.... its like a hijabi is not good enough to dine with you? wadda[Edited Out]?

Or at work etc, well honestly, I quit my job because my boss was negative to my hijab and i'm abit hesitant about applying another job with the islamophobia around.

But the hijab is here to stay, alhamdulillah and it's been really rewarding & liberating.

I think as long as you wear it right (as in not just a scarf), you'll find that there's nothing worth taking your hijab off for. This piety from heart and 'love for Allah(swt) in the heart' etc are just excuses not to wear hijab, one who thinks like that isn't even ready for salaat (unless they like coming across as hypocrites.) Once one understands the meaning behind the hijab and its wajibness, you cannot bring yourself to say no to it.

Actually, no. Forget their akhlaaq towards their own people, I find some muslim men and women act *strange* towards hijabis, from snide comments to rude jokes to "salam alaikum sistah where r ya goin want a lift?!!!! :dry: It may be understandable if a non muslim says rude stuff to you (pick on you for being a hijabi) out of ignorance, but muslims who do that really have no excuse.

Those men are fuel for the fire!

In a way it is good that in the country I live in, the hijab is viewed as a negative thing. Atleast the white people don't hit on me but astaghfirullah, the foreigners are disgusting. Sometimes I actually think 'may Allah(swt) forgive you' after someone goes 'mashallah' in that dirty-disgusting-sleazy tone of voice. Or when you go to buy hijabs, there's always men selling the stuff and they call you sister but at the same time they are acting horrifying. They stare at you and slash the prices and give you 'discounts'.

I had one hijabshop here.. I stopped going there and now im buying the fabrics and sewing the hijabs myself.. or I buy scarves from western shops (run by girls..naturally)

Edited by Devout